Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[Island PRP] I Know What I Saw (Sherry and Chase) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:50 am
Though Sherry was loathe to leave those that were injured -Mark- there did come a time when she needed to. She couldn't just sit and wait for everyone to bring her everything, awesome as that was. So, Sherry was making her way around the tiny island - both to stretch her legs and to look for anything that might be useful during their stay here.

So, there she was, walking along the beach where the waves met the sand, keeping her eyes open for anything of import.

Molten Tigrexss

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:06 am
Chase had never been on a desert island before. He'd also never fought a giant squid before. This was a day of new things - no, a week of them.

There didn't seem to be any sort of leadership here, and nobody was being very forthcoming when Chase asked about when they were leaving. So while everyone sat around on the beach, he'd gone off on his own to explore.

A ways down the cove there was a coconut palm, and in his boredom Chase was vaulting Neva's chained blade up into the tree to try and knock a coconut down. He'd gotten real close a few times, but his aim still left something to be desired. He could feel the watchful presence of Neva all the while.

grifferie

Molten Tigrex
Artist

Shameless Hunter

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:13 am
Sherry froze in her tracks. She'd seen that weapon before. She'd seen that hair before. That trainee. It was him, it was Chase. It shouldn't be. He was dead.

Sure, when she'd mentioned him to others they had looked at her like she was nuts, but it was for the best. She didn't like thinking about what she'd seen. She knew exactly what she'd seen, it was just as well that no one else had seen it. It had been gruesome.

But here he was. So... he'd -no IT- had made it back to Deus, and now here. Was he a spy? A puppet sent to turn more hunters? To watch them? Murder them in their sleep? Oh, hell. No. Nope.

Sherry summoned Armagnac. "You!" She yelled as she started to run in his direction, "You filthy bug, I'm going to end you this time." Before he could hurt anyone else.

Molten Tigrex

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:27 am
He hadn't managed to knock a coconut down, but he did manage to get Neva entangled in the palm tree's canopy. He was still trying to dislodge her when he heard a very distinct voice coming from way too close for comfort. Chase looked over immediately to see Sherry barreling toward him like some kind of lance-wielding terminator.

"You're crazy!" Chase yelled at Sherry, now working twice as hard to pull his weapon back out of the tree.

She... is... dangerous...

"Yeah, uh, no kidding!" Chase agreed aloud. "I can't fight her - what am I supposed to do?"

There wasn't an answer, not in words. But he and Neva both looked up at the same time, with a wordless understanding. Chase didn't need any further motivation. He grabbed ahold of the chain and immediately began scaling the palm tree to get away.

grifferie

Molten Tigrex
Artist

Shameless Hunter

Grifferie rolled 2 12-sided dice: 5, 4 Total: 9 (2-24)

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:37 am
"No," she called back, every step bringing her closer to the tree and to poor, dead Chase, "I saw you!" She'd seen the bug tear through him, she'd seen it start to use him. It was doing a very good job, too. The way it climbed up the tree was very human-like. No wonder no one else had noticed. No wonder they'd all looked at her so strangely. It was a very good puppet job.

"I saw you, and I'm not letting you keep him!" She was there, nearly under him, and she swung Armagnac high. She'd knock the bug out of the tree and squash it.

Sherry HP: 60/60 (she fully healed herself before they got washed up ahaha)

Damage to Chase: 3

Molten Tigrex

Molten Tigrex rolled 2 8-sided dice: 6, 6 Total: 12 (2-16)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:47 am
Unfortunately for his master plan of hiding in a tree, Sherry's weapon had a very long reach.

"Neva's a girl," he called back exasperatedly from halfway up the tree. "Look, whatever you think you saw, you are completely wrong. And - and mega crazy. So. Can't we talk about this instead?"

The fighting had dislodged a coconut, which fell right on top of Sherry.

HP: 26
DMG: 6
CHARGE: 0/3 (not counting it LOL)

grifferie

Molten Tigrex
Artist

Shameless Hunter

Grifferie rolled 2 12-sided dice: 8, 9 Total: 17 (2-24)

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:55 am
Sherry flinched as the coconut his her on the head. Dammit.

"A girl? Fine, you're a girl bug, I don't care!" She didn't know what that had to do with anything. "I know what I saw! You killed Chase and you're using his body." It was the best disguise she'd seen yet - better even than when the bugs had used Myron, and that had foolled 3 full hunters. "You're not going to fool me."

Sherry jumped, stabbing up with Armagnac. All together, she could reach maybe 12 feet high. If he climbed higher than that she was going to chop the tree down. "You're not getting away this time!"

Sherry HP: 54/60

Damage to Chase: 11

Molten Tigrex

Molten Tigrex rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 5 Total: 6 (2-16)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:10 am
"I I'm Chase! And I am very alive! Killing me isn't the only way to prove I'm human, you know!" He flinched and paused his climb momentarily when Sherry's spear stabbed right through his leg. There was a ripple of prismatic energy where it stuck out from, and no sign of blood. He was never going to get used to that. The climbing resumed. "Unless... hey, I'm starting to think you're not Sherry!"

Another coconut landed just beside Sherry.

HP: 15
DMG: -
CHARGE: 0/3

grifferie

Molten Tigrex
Artist

Shameless Hunter

Grifferie rolled 2 12-sided dice: 5, 3 Total: 8 (2-24)

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:24 am
"No, you're not Chase! I saw what you did to him! I'll beat the truth out of you! I'll beat you out of him!" She yelled up at him, stabbing at him again.

"I'm not the one that is a bug in a dead trainee's body! Body snatcher!" She wasn't going to let him get away with this horror.

Sherry's HP: 54/60

Damage to Chase: 2 ....

Molten Tigrex

Molten Tigrex rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 1 Total: 6 (2-16)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:34 am
"I've got a phone! I can call my boss - Carlos, or whatever his name is! Stab me one more time and I'm going to tell him you're a - a trainee-hunting serial killer! I'm serious!" The higher he climbed, the more unsteady it got, leaving him in constant range of the spear. He'd now added swinging wildly from his weapon to his arsenal of avoidance, though it didn't prevent the occasional swipe from connecting.

"Uh. There's no way that's a thing that can happen," he called back, though he didn't sound nearly as sure about that as he did his living status. That centipede they saw was pretty big, and even the ones that had been digging around in the desert were larger than any centipedes he'd ever seen before. But bugs weren't sentient enough to puppet bodies. Right...?

Whomp. Another coconut landed a few feet away from Sherry.

HP: 13

grifferie

Molten Tigrex
Artist

Shameless Hunter

Grifferie rolled 2 12-sided dice: 9, 2 Total: 11 (2-24)

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:51 am
Sherry burst out laughing. "Call who? Carlos? You mean Caelius? Ahaha!" She couldn't help it. "If you think he cares about you- oh boy! Aha!" It was stupid, but she couldn't stop laughing.

"He doesn't care about trainees, and he wouldn't care about you. You're dead." She stabbed up at the dead trainee again, the laughter leaving her voice.

"Do it. Call him. Let him see what you are. I'll have the truth out of you before even he can get here." Let Caelius see what fate he resigned the trainee to. Not that he'd care.

Damage to Chase: 5

Molten Tigrex
[/qoute]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:17 am
You're... in... trouble...

Chase gave Sherry his most serious stare for a few seconds (or as serious as it could be considering he was hanging from a chain out of a palm tree), then let go with one hand to dig around his pocket for his phone. Despite a tumble through the ocean, the thing still worked just fine, and even seemed to have reception. While Sherry gouged at his legs some more, he navigated the phone's interface like his life depended on it. And today, apparently, it did.

CHASE'S PHONE SCREEN
CALL CONNECTING:

DEATH DIVISION LEAD - CELL

He held the phone to his ear shakily, listening to the phone ring and ring. He didn't have a whole lot to say about her insinuations that she was going to murder him. If she didn't listen the last ten times, an eleventh wasn't really going to get through to her. Holy s**t, she was crazy. And at one point he'd actually thought she was, what, normal? Normal-ish? What the hell had happened to her in the Sahara? "Oh yeah? Well I'm calling him! So I guess we'll see!"

HP: 8

grifferie

zoobey
RING RING CAELIUS please feel free to answer whenever otherwise it will just go to voicemail LOL

Molten Tigrex
Artist

Shameless Hunter

Grifferie rolled 2 12-sided dice: 10, 6 Total: 16 (2-24)

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:21 am
Sherry almost laughed again. It looked like he was actually going to call Caelius. It was the most ridiculous thing she'd ever heard about. A famine puppet actually calling a Deus Lead - Caelius even - to save them. It was a very, very good ruse. The bugs were getting better at blending in. Too bad it assumed Caelius would care about the trainees.

"You're right," she said, leaping up to stab at the boy again, "we will."

And then Sherry paused, because during her leap she saw the phone was actually on. He WAS calling Caelius. Why? Why would a bug puppet actually call him?

Damage to Chase: 10

Molten Tigrex

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:47 am
Chase had learned a lot about fighting, and a lot about running, but he had not yet learned firsthand the limitations of being a hunter. He hadn't been as worried as he probably should have been about all the times she had stabbed his shield with nothing to show for it. This time, when the blade connected with his arm, Chase felt it. And then the chain he was holding on to disintegrated in a flash of light.

He fell backwards into the sand from a few feet up, still clutching the phone to his ear with one hand, and Neva's totem with the other. No amount of willing the chain back seemed to be doing anything. He was... disarmed, that easily? There was a stinging pain in his arm as he tried to pick himself up. He could only spare it a brief glance; there was a neat slash through the sleeve of his coat, close to his shoulder, and the fabric around it was starting to turn red.

He backed up little by little in a mini-panic, until he felt his back brush up against the trunk of the palm tree. There was no point in running now. This was it.

No magic weapon. No magic shield. No answer.

She really was going to kill him.

"Don't do this," he implored Sherry one more time, gazing between the blade of her weapon, and her cruel expression.

grifferie

Molten Tigrex
Artist

Shameless Hunter

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:06 am
The little seed of doubt in her mind grew as she watched his weapon flash to nothing. A puppet wouldn't be able to use a weapon, would it? Sherry watched the body hit the ground. She stared at him - he was terrified, the phone was clearly on, and he was clutching what had to be his weapon in his hand. A desummoned weapon he'd had control over.

Sherry took a step towards him, then another. She held Armagnac low, the blade pointed towards the boy.

Am I wrong?

her weapon replied.

No one else did. Another step towards him. He looked so scared.

What if she was wrong? What if he was telling the truth? What if she'd seen something that was false?

She lifted her blade, letting it hand level with his neck, just a few finger-widths away from flesh.

"Tell me," she said, summon a power she'd not dare to use in months. The ring on her finger grew warm. The power of command. The power to compel truth. "Tell me: Are you a creature of Famine wearing the skin of Chase the trainee?"

She hoped she was wrong. She hoped she wasn't.

OOC
Using her Artifact Addon for truth!
Sherry now has an A+ ARTIFACT ADDON (Also for the next IC week she has gender swap effect going on).

What is an artifact addon?
- Basically a small memento (ie a ring etc) that can synchronize with an existing artifact, in this case her A class one. It attaches one extra effect and is activated on its own/runs its own cooldown period.

??? RING
Effect: Can ask anyone a question and force them to tell the truth of any rank, with the exception of fully Legacy possessed people/ Halloween/ Horsemen . Can only be activated when someone's Fear shield is lowered to less than 20% (weakened state). Active once per 1 IC week.

Side effect: Trying to use the truth ring on someone with less than 20% will just cause Sherry instead to say one random truth about herself. It will also swap her gender as consequence for an hour.

Molten Tigrex

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces