Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[Awakening] Birb & Worm [Artemis x Harper]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheekiebirdiee

Mysterious Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:54 pm
It was a strange moment of being aware, but unaware. Noises and smell rushed in, sparking life with the stale smell that surrounded him. Tweet was locked in the slow moving moments of just waking, trying to piece together things.

Things like where was this nap taking place? How long had he been here? Where exactly was here? That was important since the only thing coming to memory was vague visions of killing things. Those memories hopefully a dream. Had to be.

Slowly pale green eyes blinked to life, only to be assaulted instantly by a blaring white light that had them quickly snapping shut. But the damage was done, something dropped into the pit of stomach and had him curling against a wall? Or at least something that felt like a wall, the cool smooth surface was pressed against on a low groan. Eyes blinked open again, fighting against annoying black spots in vision. Settling on something distant that was covered in glowing marks, then shifting lazily to an opposite pod.

Nothing he was seeing made any sense.

A soft yet persistent beep started up, then whatever he was inside of hissed loudly as if letting out steam. Cramped hands shifted and pulled at the hoodie, tugging the toothed hat down over eyes. His head was throbbing now, body aching like it had been months since it had tried to move. Suddenly the hissing stopped, the clear pod door started to open, releasing his groaning out into the surrounding area.

hanging gallow

Link to Cove  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:33 pm
It was her shift to be at the pods, not that Harper ever minded most of the time new recruits coming out of the pods were rather drowsy and a little at a loss when they tried to get a grip on their surroundings and just even stand on they own feet for however long they had been locked away. The worse though was when no one ever came out of the pods and she had to sit there all night doing absolutely nothing but twiddling her thumbs or at least sending a few messages to Liam to see what he was up to for the rest of the night.

She was in the middle of her message when something started to beep followed by the familiar hissing noise of a door finally opening. Taking a look Harper found where the pod was located and made her way over to it, pamphlet in hand with a grin on her face.

“Hello, welcome to Deus new recruit.”

Cheekiebirdiee

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

Cheekiebirdiee

Mysterious Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:41 am
“Hello, welcome to Deus new recruit.”

The greeting was met by a set of fuzzy peeking eyes. Slowly his hand moved to push the hood back off head. A moment to adjust and the female before Artemis got a sort of puzzled smile. Deus...

"....Right." Artemis nodded slowly, after a couple seconds feet were moving to force him out of the pod. A stumble, a slap of hands against the pod and he laughed while bracing himself. "...My legs are so stiff its crazy..." He hadn't exactly meant to laugh about it but it was nervous laughter. The woman was looked over again and lips puckered into a thoughtful pout, ".....um...so...nice hair, ...also... whats..... that?.." Each word was paused for a good amount of awkwardness, Artemis looking genuinely curious to the pamphlet in her hand.

hanging gallow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:50 am
It was always a slow process, that was for the new recruit to wake up and get a bearing on their new surroundings and sort of let everything that was going on sink in. So far this one wasn’t too bad, he at least didn’t start screaming or demand to know where somebody was or give some drawn out demand about how they didn’t belong there.

When he stumbled she reached out offering a hand if he wanted it. “Sorry about that, takes some time getting used to walking again after sleeping so long but you’re doing better than most, and thanks I like the color of yours too.” Harper flashed him an apologetic smile as she held out the pamphlet not even bothering to hide it. “This is just more info on Deus, we are required to hand it to everyone but really it’s probably better if I show you around a little bit and let you ask any questions you want about the place and what you're doing.. Going to do… all the fun stuff Deus has to offer.”

Cheekiebirdiee

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

Cheekiebirdiee

Mysterious Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:36 pm
The offered hand was taken, held for a moment then released on a large spreading grin. "Killer, thanks..don't... suppose you know how long I have been asleep?" Not that it really mattered but he was curious, slowly thoughts and words were coming back. It kind of clicked, at least a little, into place when she produced the pamphlet. Artemis skimmed the words after taking it nodding slowly to them as they read in mind.

This- well- oh! Oh ok! Maybe..

"...Kay." Artemis finally spoke again after a good long while of silence if Harper didn't interrupt his skimming of the paper. A palm lazily met eye and rubbed in a circular motion for a moment, giving just a few more precious seconds of thought. He was a little creeped out yes, being in a pod, waking up weird, but was mainly hella curious and that outweighed panic.

On a toothy grin a nod was given to the girl, "I'm..Artemis, most people just call me Tweet though.. nice to uh...meet you?" He was fairly sure this was a first meeting. On a laugh white hair was feathered through before both his hands found their way into hoodie pocket, "so...whats first?"

hanging gallow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:29 pm
Harper matched his grin despite the fact that she was shaking her head at him as a no. “Sorry I can’t help you there, I don’t even know how long I was asleep… or really how I got there I just sort of woke up here and someone vaguely ushered me down into the next process.” There had been a lot of questions, most of them got answered at some point along the lines but there were still gaps here and there that she had yet to piece together.

It grew silent, and as it lingered on while the new hunter read the provided info Harper started to sway back and forth on her feet patiently. She didn’t mind waiting, in fact she seemed to be lost more into her thought then concerned with having to fill void. It wasn’t until he offered a name that she looked back at him, replacing the look of thought with a chipper smile.

“Well welcome to Deus Tweet, I am Harper and if you ever need anything now or later don’t feel like you can’t bother me. It is great to meet you and I hope you like it here.” In the back of her mind Erikki made some comment about living, but she quickly snuffed him out.

“First we get to pair you with your weapon, which is fun and a little scary at the same time.” Heading in the direction of the door she pointed to the feathered earring hanging down. “You’ll get use to them.”

Cheekiebirdiee

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

Cheekiebirdiee

Mysterious Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:55 pm
Harper.

He made a note to remember the name and face, or try. Thing was, he wasn't to great with memory unfortunately unless something really impressed him enough to make it past short attention span. This particular life event was working on that level though to be honest.

“....Yes..." Tweet cooed softly in response to everything she had said. It was nice to meet her, and for the most part he was expecting to like it here. Or at least he was hopeful it would be enjoyable. "Thank you..." He added when his mind caught up to this not really being a normal response to conversation, then praised himself for correction, yes social skills for the win.

“Weapon?" Tweet slowed but continued to follow her, eyes draw to the earring as it was pointed out. How was an earring a weapon exactly? Perhaps she went for the eyes he amused himself with the thought and may have giggled. Probably giggled. "....So...are they all like yours?" He had to ask since well he already had earrings in, a hand went up to play with said earrings as they moved further into the strange place.

stella cinere

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff