Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:21 pm
Defforest skimmed the forest floor, looking for Carabus Intricatus. One would think that since it was shiney, it would be easy to find. But no. It seemed to like hiding in this forest. He didn't understand.

They had been so plentiful last year. He had seen nearly triple the amount he had found this year. It was most puzzling.

He stopped to move a piece of old bark from a pile of scrub weeds. Only to sigh and move it back. Nothing.

He glared around him at the forest, wondering where all the dang bugs had gone.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:04 pm
Grimhildr was out and about in the fields, hauling in some vegetables from the communal garden she helped tend to. It was something the stocky teen was well-suited for, though she would have preferred to join some of her old friends in hunting training.

But that 'wasn't for ladies.' Pah. As if she'd ever been a proper lady. She could handle herself just fine!

Her parents were farmers, and their parents had been farmers, so she helped them. It was better than having to do something like needlework (not that she couldn't do it well enough, but to do it all the time was... ugh) or helping with the youngsters (oh how she loathed children).

Basket in hand nearly overflowing with cucumbers and watermelon to be chilled overnight for the next morning, she raised a dirty hand to her forehead to wipe off some sweat, squinted at the setting sun, and smirked. She'd finished up a bit earlier than normal today.

DaemonGabrielle
Btw staffy, this is set to be their first meeting long ago; a recon rp.

Daisicle

Aged Genius

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:17 pm
Deforest gave up. Such a sad day. He would take these totals and report the decrease in natural beetle activity to faun in charge and then he was going to take a bath. And a nap. Or maybe a nap in the bath. That sounded wonderful.

Packing up his small magnifying glass and tweezers and other various tools, he slipped his sack over his shoulder and off he went. Out the forest. Down the trail. Around the farm.

Wait. He stopped short as a stocky faunness was hauling some kind of food (he really didn't pay attention to that sort of thing). He had seen.....

He turned to stare, hard, at the poor innocent fauness. He knew he had seen a flash of gold and green.... THERE!! He quickly snick over to said fauness, attempting not to scare the beautiful creature. The bug might fly off if he or she made sudden movements.

So he snuck....

And crept...

And quietly shuffled....

And when he finally came within hearing distance of the fauness, he whispered

"Don't. Move."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:28 pm
Grimhildr had been so preoccupied in self-affirmation and pride that she'd been careless to her surroundings. It wasn't as if faun normally came out here, at least not at this point of the day. All the other farmhands had left to tidy themselves before the communal meal long ago; she'd been among them, in fact. But they'd realized quickly that they hadn't picked quite enough and sent her to retrieve the rest.

She was mere moments from leaving when a visible chill ran up her spine. What in the...? Had she been in the heat too long?

And then she not only heard, but felt someone whisper FAR too close to her.

AH. HELL. NAH.

Hardly a second had passed before she shrieked and turned around, hands tightly griping her basket as she torqued herself to send it (and the heavy produce within it) hopefully smashing whatever creepy thing had snuck up on her. She used excessive force even by her standards and kept it at breast height.

Daisicle

Aged Genius

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:34 pm
One minute he had been a mere foot away from grabbing the June fly, the next he was flying backwards with a sudden acquisition of produce in his arms.

When he landed a few feet away, he was completely winded. And covered in produce. And maybe a little more addle brained after such a hard knock. He nearly cried. Not because he had planted firmly on his arse. Because he could see the June beetle flying away from his breathless position on the ground.

What in the world had happened???  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:42 pm
With the amount of force she'd used, Grim had lost control of the basket and its goods altogether! Eyes squinting at the time of impact, she could only feel it slip away from her and hear the resounding thud from a distance. Opening one eye, she heaved a sigh of relief that the creeper had been thoroughly subdued. That lasted for only a moment though before she looked instead at the produce now scattered about.

Now she had to pick everything up again! Why she outta!

Huffing in an agitated manner, she walked over and, showing no remorse or any form of compassion for the male, snatched her basket back. "I swear on'the Chieftain if ANY of these are bruised I will STAND behind and WATCH you pick new ones."

"Do. I. Make. My. Self. Clear?"

Her voice practically dripped with animosity.

Daisicle

Aged Genius

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:51 pm
Deforest was laying there, trying to figure out what in the hell he had do e to the June Bug to make it attack him so. And also if it had been eating the Greens from this field. Because if it had? He had a new food group to start munching on.

Be had been on the middle of trying to remember a recipe for greens when an angel walked into his line of sight. A very angry angel. But the most beautiful ray of the sweetest sunshine he had ever seen kind of angry angel. It took a few seconds for his brain to register that she was speaking, but when he did....

"I would gladly pick all the vegetables for you, my lovely little Maple Moth." He gave a lovelorn sigh. Or tried to.

Unfortunately, his lungs hadn't quite caught up to his brain and what really came out of his mouth was a bunch of garbled nonsense.

Followed by him holding a cucumber up and smiling at the fair maiden in front of him.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:00 pm
Grim's face twisted into a disgusted scowl as this boy failed to even form a proper, coherent thought. First the stalking bit, now this?

Was he mocking her?

That or he was actually wrong in the head; could one catch stupidity?

Blinking her grimace subsided slightly as she gingerly took the cucumber from him, noticeably keeping her distance from him as far as possible. On second thought, she wanted to just get all her stuff and get back to the tree ASAP, be it with bruised produce or not. Surely they'd understand? So she quickly moved to pick up everything as quickly as possible.

Daisicle

Aged Genius

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:10 pm
He blinked at her. Neither noting noting her anger or disgust. Then blinked some more. And breathed. And finally was spurred into action as she made a move to gather other produce from the ground. June bug temporarily forgotten, he quickly got to his feet and scrambled to help her.

"I offer my apologies. " he blurted out. Blush covering his face as he focused on the produce that had been scattered when it hit his chest.

"I assume this is my fault. It is just that beetle population has gone down. So when I saw the June beetle on your shoulder, I was momentarily driven by need to collect and not societal norms. I really am sorry. " he stopped to take a breath and juggle the fruits and veggies he had collected while rambling.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:33 am
Perfectly ignoring him she was as he started talking that she didn't even flick an ear in his direction. Nope. She'd decided that this wasn't worth it. From her crouched position, Grimhildr noted she'd gotten everything she could without having to even look at him and, nodding once, dusted off her thighs before standing up.

She wasn't a complete sourpuss though, so she at least offered the guy a side-eye, intending on 'humph!'-ing in that manner of hers before leaving him in her dust.

By by the earth did he look silly!

Brows furrowing as she tried to keep herself from laughing at the utterly ridiculous scene - who in their right mind would juggle CUCUMBERS and WATERMELON?! - the tips of her lips painfully twisted up despite her best efforts.

"Pffffffft"

Gripping her stomach, basket in hand, she doubled over as her sides convulsed.

"Bahaha! What the heck is... Ha... What are you even doing?!"

Daisicle

Aged Genius

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:01 pm
Deforest grinned as he watched her double over with laughter. She looked like a firefly. All dour and grumpy one minute then bright and beautiful the next.

"What? This? This is what apprentices do to pass time in the biological field study room. When we're not having cricket races or seeing how far a slug can naturally fly." He said with a grin. He was rather glad he had this skill now. He had only learned it on a dare. Cause his cricket had lost a race.

"Why? What am I supposed to be doing with these field vegetables?"  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:32 pm
Grimhildr didn't understand big words like biological, but that didn't make his juggling seem any less absurd. Just like his talking; who actually talked like that in a normal conversation?!

Still doubled-over laughing, she held out her basket. "Just... pffttt.... put them in here.... hahaha..."

Daisicle

Aged Genius

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:50 pm
Deforest smirked and made to move the fruit/veggies into the basket she was holding. Only to notice the June bug had returned to fly around her head.

He stopped mid motion and opened his mouth to tell her not to move when the watermellon it decided that now was the time to crush against his skull.

He let out a mumph as the watermelon gave a squish and all of a sudden the world went dark and wet and squishy. Very, very squishy....  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:01 pm
It seemed to happen so quickly; one moment he was smoothly putting the fruit in her basket, the next he was within the center of a watermelon. How strong was his head to have cracked the fruit like that?!

Laughing even harder, she clutched her stomach, "I'm sorry! I'm sorry, it's just..." she snorted as she giggled, trying to get her words out. "It's just too damn funny!" She didn't offer to help him take it off, but she wasn't leaving either.

Just laughing.

Loudly.

Daisicle

Aged Genius

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:34 pm
It took him a few seconds to realize that the watermelon was what was obstructing his view. And his wind pipes. Hands feeling around the Mellon, he grabbed the bottom and bent over and gave it a mighty tug. With a loud plop, his head popped out. His hair was wild and soaked. He wiped the gunk off of his face.

With a giggle, he turned to her and smiled, happy his blunder hadn't hurt his chances. "And that is what happens when you let a June fly distract you. Sorry about that..."

He bent down and retrieved the rest of the of fruit/veggies and handed them over almost shyly.

"So...where are taking what's left of these veggies? Surely they will be missing you by now?"  
:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff