Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Encounters of the Leafy Kind (Brandnetel and Orin)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:23 pm
This is a private RP between myself and HoneyTeaTree. Please DO NOT post without permission!

User ImageUser Image

User Image

Kaya Wolf Moon's Teepee | HoneyTeaTree's Teepee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:18 pm
Brandnetel never strayed far from his forest home. While he roamed the woods freely, and often did so on his own, away from the watchful eyes of his mothers and sisters, he never ventured past the shady line that so clearly divided what he called home and the outside world. He preferred the quiet of the forest and having met Judas, a shady stallion Brandnetel wanted nothing to do with, he decided that the world outside his forest would only offer individuals of similar shady caliber.

Even though living with his sisters, especially Edelweiss, made it difficult to have any real type of alone time where he could decompress and relax, he enjoyed the time he did manage to find for himself.

Today had been one of those lucky days where he had managed to slip away unnoticed by his sisters and he just wandered. Though still young, Brandnetel learned the layout of the woods quickly, knowing just when to turn and which path to follow at just the right time. The forest was a good friend and he did everything he could to protect it, just like his mothers taught him to.

The foal's ears swiveled and twitched at every sound; a bird's chirp; the faint scampering of feet in the bushes nearby, the buzz of insects; he heard it all. It was sweet music to his ears and the sounds were so soothing it almost made him wish he could find a nice little spot to settled down and take a nap at. Unfortunately, Brandnetel had already committed himself to exploring further out, daring to go as close to the edge without leaving the safety of the forest.

Although he didn't expect to see anyone or anything of interest, Brandnetel was curious as to what the outermost boundary of the woods had to offer, even if he wasn't going outside any further than he had to. He was already too far away from his mothers to be able to call for them and he would never make it so he put his sisters in to any danger. One day he would be big enough to protect them no matter what, but for the moment he had to content himself with indirectly saving his sisters from any type of harm.

The foal huffed at the thought as he walked, rolling his eyes momentarily. The only sister he really needed to worry about protecting was Brinley. Ed was such a ball of energy... she was probably more than capable of keeping aggressors at bay with the sheer amount of energy she possessed. Brinley, however, was too sweet and innocent; he would never allow those he didn't trust near her.

The crunch of a branch gave him pause. His ear flickering towards the source of the sound while he stood there, perfectly still. Someone else was in the forest.... But who?

KayaWolfMoon

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:46 pm
“I told you not to come this way.” A sing-song voice rang out in the forest. “You did not,” came the more affronted response. “You said not to go left. I went right. How is that you telling me not to go this way?” Orin cast a doubtful look at his bonded and good friend. “And don’t you dare say it’s because today is opposite day. I know there’s no such day.” Baird, the little hummingbird who flew alongside him, had managed to convince him once that there was a day known as opposite day. He had gone around the entire day believing it and trying to convince others of the same. When it came to his attention that no day truly existed, well, suffice it to say he ended up chasing Baird around the entirety of the grove in search of playful revenge. The incident made the young colt wary of his friend’s directions or instructions in any matter. However, Baird succeeded in convincing Orin to bare right instead of left at the last junction they had come to on their current path. “Maybe we should turn back then…?” Orin scoffed and shook his head. “Are you saying you don’t trust my sense of direction? You know we’re not lost. I don’t know why you’re worrying so much.” His tone became haughty while he spoke, touting his keen sense of direction that he believed second to none. “I have the best sense of direction around. I’ll get us back home in no time.”

His ears flicked to and fro, focusing on the sounds of the forest. He felt nearly as confident as he sounded, though he did have a few concerns. The foremost being that he hadn’t heard any familiar sounds in quite a while. Have we really gone that far from home? Orin typically never strayed too far from his family’s orchard. There had been times when he contemplated going beyond its borders yet, each time he drew close to passing beyond it, something within him held him back. A flicker of hesitation born from wanting to stay near his family should trouble arise, but also a bit of apprehension for the unknown. What lay beyond the orchard could be either good or bad, peace or chaos. He understood that better than most his age. Even so, a separate part of his soul yearned to know more of what existed outside of his family unit and their territory. No matter if they were wonders or nightmares, he needed to experience it all. Orin had grown braver and braver over time. Each venture through the orchard creeping closer to the edge of the recognized, until he had been unable to withstand it any longer. Today was the day that he broke through his reluctance and, with Baird by his side, stepped outside of all that was familiar to explore the mysterious world. Of course, Orin was not fool enough to let his curiosity overwhelm him entirely. He knew better than venture too far out on his first journey.

Despite his precautions, Orin grew fascinated with the world around him and eventually found himself further than he intended. Which is what brought him to the current moment with Baird accusing him of being directionally challenged. “I’m simply saying that we should’ve gone the other way.” His friend stated simply, shrugging his small shoulders as he kept himself aloft. “And who’s fault is that?” He arched one long brow and stared back at the bird. A twig snapped underneath his hoof as he walked along the roughage-laden path. The sound was loud in the confines of the forest, causing Orin to subconsciously flinch, yet pressing onward regardless. He would have idea that someone else was nearby and had heard his movements, their own curiosity piqued.

HoneyTeaTree

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:30 pm
The young colt stayed hidden in the cover of the trees and bushes of the forest, quietly following the sounds of foliage crunching and debris being rustled as it was walked through to the source. Brandnetel was always apprehensive of strangers, they were rare in his neck of the woods, and he'd often go find his mothers and report the disturbances to them, but today he didn't feel his gut telling him to go and find them. Instead, he pushed on, curious to see the source of all the disruption. Part of him wondered if pursuing the intruder was a good idea, but there was another part of him telling him to push forward and find out just who was in his home. Plus, then Brand would have a story to tell his mommas about his day when they asked.

Brandnetel continued to creep along as he stalked the intruder from the shadows of the trees. He was thankful he was so familiar with the forest; he knew exactly where to step and when to shift his weight so he didn't give his position away should the intruder be a threat. He was particularly proud of his skill in remaining hidden. Perhaps he should thank Edelweiss later for making him learn how to hide so well... then again, she might want to play a game of hide and seek later to have him prove just how good he really was at it. Brandnetel decided he wouldn't mention it.

He paused once he finally caught up to whoever's voice it was that he had been hearing. They were close, not too far ahead at all, so now he just had to figure out how he wanted to approach them. Brand knew this area of the woods particularly well and there was a hidden path clear of any sort of obstacle that would put him in front of the mysterious source of the breaking branch that had caught his ear earlier. With quick, practiced steps, Brandnetel tread the hidden path, being careful not to cause too much sound as he moved along.

Once Brandnetel was far enough ahead, he moved to the middle of the path that he knew the figure was moving along. Brandnetel had caught glimpses of green and pink, but he hadn't been able to discern how big or small the figure was. Whatever or whoever it was, it wasn't anything or anyone that he recognized. The colt stood there, legs in a strong stance, head held high, and as stern a look as he could muster on his face, waiting for the visitor to come face to face with him. Then the mysterious figure came into full view, completely throwing Brandnetel through a loop...

It was another colt, not much smaller than himself... Even so, the colt gave a shake of his head to clear his mind and he recovered from the surprise the reveal caused him. He frowned at the pink and green colt, a demanding tone in his voice as he addressed him. "Who are you and what are you doing in my forest?'

Kaya WolfMoon

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:17 pm
Their current path wound its way through the forest with little variation. It seemed clear to Orin that it was a commonly trodden pathway, with larger and smaller beings using it on a semi-regular basis. His based his determination on the state of the area itself. The brambles were cleared away enough to define the trail itself, yet foliage and roughage remained scattered about. Clearly, he and Baird were the first to walk this trajectory within recent weeks. “I wonder where this will lead us?” The young colt’s voice carried about the trees despite him speaking at regular levels. “Isn’t it a little late to be wondering that now?” Baird shot his bonded a disbelieving look. “We’re already far away from the orchard, and you still won’t listen to me regarding the other trail.” Orin swung his head about. “I thought we were past that now,” he snorted. “You just don’t want to let it go do you?” He supposed he shouldn’t be surprised. Baird was a stubborn individual in his own right. Their bonding was the frequent point of discussion for Iona, whom felt they were like two apples in a basket, with one fueling the fire to the other and vice versa.

“Anyway,” Orin sighed as he returned his gaze forward. “It’s a matter of knowing now. I want to know where this goes and the only way to find that out is by walking the path until it ends. It’s as simple as that. Besides, I’d think we’d know if anything dangerous were nearby, don’t you?” “I wouldn’t be so sure of that.” The uncertainty laced in Baird’s words was evident to Orin. The petalwing certainly didn’t want to stray too much further from home. Yet Orin was invested now. They had come this far. What harm would it do to see it to the end? No, the true harm in that instance would be to his pride. Allowing another’s fears to wash over him and dissuade him from an accomplishment would be tantamount to admitting he too was frightened of succeeding. That could simply not be the case. “Come on, Baird. It can’t go on forever. I’m sure we’ll find the end of this pathway soon enough and then we can turn and head for home. What do you say?” As he asked his question, the duo rounded a bend in the forest. What they found in that moment halted any response the young bird might have spoken.

For there, standing in the middle of the pathway, stood a young colt of varying hues of blue, orange, and green. The beginnings of his short mane and his mildly elongated ears reminded Orin a little about those of his sisters’. Breaking from his surprise, the colt straightened to his fullest height. “I could ask the same of you.” He met the cool green gaze of his counterpart, frowning at the demanding nature of the other’s questions. “But, if you have to know, my name is Orin and this is my friend, Baird. You really shouldn’t go around acting like you own the forest. It’s for everyone to enjoy as they please. Unless…” It occurred to him in that instant that maybe this trail meandered through the territory of some unspecified herd. That would be the only true explanation for the colt acting in his manner. “Are you from a herd or something? I’ve never heard of one being near us.” He cast a sidelong glance at the bird hovering close to his right ear. “Have you, Baird?” Baird shook his head in answer. “Not unless one started forming within the past few days. The closest one to the orchard is miles away still.” “That's what I thought too.” Orin nodded his agreement. Glowing yellow orbs found their way to the other, narrowing as they locked onto him. “So then, who are you?”

HoneyTeaTree

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:37 pm
There was an impatient look in the colt's eyes as he stared down the opposing colt standing straight across from him. He rolled his eyes and snorted a haughty huff at his counterpart. "These woods are my home, you're the one trespassing in a place you don't belong." Brandnetel cocked his head at the stranger's pondering. A herd? He had never heard of any such thing in the area around their family. There was Snubbull, who was mama's friend, but the mini lived in a nearby meadow with her family. There was no herd near them. His mommy and mama never mentioned anything about such a thing being near their woods and Brandnetel had explored every inch of the woods. He would know if there was one.

"You don't need to know my name. You're not welcome here." Brandnetel didn't like the way this colt was looking at him. It was a judging, distrustful look, a look Brandnetel had given to the many that he had watched walk on the edge of his forest home. To be told, he had never approached trespassers before. Approaching this strange, pink and brown colt was the first time he had ever dared to do so. For all the bravery Brandnetel boasted about to his sisters, he didn't employ it often, if ever. There was no need to when the forest he called home was so secluded and never truly visited. Most that walked the woods were simply passing through, oblivious to the fact that Brandnetel and his family resided in the inner depths.

The colt stood steadfast before the outsider, green eyes gazing upon Orin, piercing and scrutinizing. "Where did you come from? My mothers have never spoken of anyone or any herd residing near our home before." There was no reason to trust this stranger. Even if the male was as old as he, he was a stranger, he was not from their woods, he had never been seen before, and his mothers had never met him; Orin was unwelcome here and Brandnetel would do everything to keep his family safe from strangers. The colt squared up his shoulder, doing his best to make his green, blue, and brown figure as imposing as possible for his size. "If you came here to hurt my home, you'll regret it."

Even with all his efforts to appear strong and brave, Brandnetel could still feel his heart pounding in his chest from the confrontation. His legs trembled slightly, hardly noticeable to the untrained eye, and his ears flicked back in forth in anxiousness. Still, Brandnetel kept his head held high and his expression stern and all the while unreadable. He wouldn't let anyone hurt his family, he wouldn't let anyone close to where his sisters and mothers were.

Kaya Wolf Moon
Another one down!!

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:49 am
Orin scoffed at the young colt’s words. “Who are you to tell me where I am welcomed or not? This is the forest, in case you haven’t noticed. You can’t lay claim to it without some sort of proof it’s your family’s territory. Even then, just because you live in it doesn’t make it yours entirely.” He simply could not believe the harshness being meted out to himself and Baird. How could someone like this colt believe himself to be owner of an entire forest? A herd Orin could understand…but a lone colt? It seemed as if the other was far too full of pride. Not entirely unlike Orin, if he were to be honest. “You really think you’re something don’t you?” The pink and green colt eyed his counterpart up and down. He had puffed up in an instant, attempting to be as imposing as he possibly could; however, to Orin, it just appeared as if he was full of hot air. “Acting like you’re better or braver than me. I’m not scared of you. You and I are probably the same age!” He snorted his contempt, his hackles raised. “And I don’t have to tell you where I’m from if you’re not going to tell me what your name is. It’s not fair for me to tell you everything about me without answering my questions in turn. Right, Baird?” His gaze flicked to his companion long enough to see the small purple-ish bird bob his head. “Yeah. It’s like hoping to trade an apple for an orange but not getting anything back after giving away the apple. That’s not a fair trade at all.” “Yeah,” Orin echoed coolly. “So stop being all holier than though or whatever it is you’re trying to be. It’s ruining our fun.”

His lips curved downward as the other colt kept rooted to the spot directly in front of their path. “Don’t be dumb,” he chided. “Why would I want to hurt the forest? Not that it’s any of your business what I do in it, but I actually love places like this. It’d be idiotic of me to hurt something I enjoy. Now…,” Orin swished his tail in annoyance. “…Are you going to move or not? Baird and I have to get home soon and I want to finish exploring.” He allowed the irritation he was feeling to seep heavily into his tone while he spoke. This colt was growing more irksome by the moment. From the haughty way in which he looked at Orin to the possessive way he spoke of the forest, none of it sat well with the soon-to-be keeper of the apple orchards. “Maybe we should try to just go around him?” Baird whispered in Orin’s ear. The wind from his wings rustled the tips of the colt’s hair. His ear twitched from the sensation. Inclining his head, Orin started to walk, meandering off to the right side in a bid to skirt his perceived foe. Gleaming yellow orbs remained glued to the pale green ones opposite him. He said nothing more regarding the subject of the forest nor asked any further questions of the colt. His only thought now was to bypass him so he and Baird might continue their journey down the pathway until time to return home.

HoneyTeaTree
Well that only took me forever to be able to reply again. >.> I'm so sorry for the wait!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:45 pm
There was a deep frown on the colt's face as Orin continued to speak.Talking down to him, telling him this forest wasn't his home when, in fact, it very much was! His distaste for Orin only continued to grow, leaving a sour taste in his mouth and an irritable feeling in his heart. Why did he have to have proof that his family lived here? He had lived in it all his life, had kept watch over the forest creatures and his mothers since he had taken on the task once he was old enough. The fact that Orin was here, uninvited, was quite rude, in his opinion At least those that visited his mothers were invited!

Brand's chest puffed out as Orin began scrutinizing him and his eyes flashed with irritation. He didn't care what this colt said. He didn't have any right to be in his home, trespassing. "You're suspicious! If you're going to walk around in my family's forest, I should know who you are! You could hurt the animals, or destroy something!" Brand didn't care if he was "ruining" the pair's fun, in fact, that was the whole point. He wanted them to leave! Why couldn't they just see they weren't welcome here? They were being so stubborn! Brandnetel just wanted to keep his family safe and he didn't want this mysterious duo anywhere near the forest's depths where his mothers and his sisters were.

A long ear twitched in irritation. Dumb? Him? As if! It wasn't dumb to be wary of others. Orin could just be lying to him about things, he could... he could do... he could do something!! What that something was, Brandnetel was having difficulty coming up with, but that didn't matter! He had already made up his mind and he wasn't going to go back on his feelings about Orin. And if Orin wasn't going to take him on his word, why should he take Orin's? It was unfair and only made Brandnetel's distrust of the other colt grow.

"No way. You haven't given me any reason to," came his curt response. A short huff of irritation left his nose. He wasn't going to move for Orin, not one hoof. His green eyes watched the two, wary and annoyed. This wasn't going how he had hoped at all, but he would persevere! His brows crinkled, his ears tilting forward in an attempt to hear what Orin's hummingbird companion was whispering in the pink colt's ears. It was of no avail, though Brandnetel hardly believed that is was Baird urging Orin to give up and turn back to return to his own home. His eyes widened as Orin tried to move past him, and Brandnetel did his best to pivot and get in front of him once more.

"You can't go further! This is my home," he cried, his voice letting out a less than intimidating crack at the end. His face burned from the shame of the sound, but the near-permanent frown didn't stray from his visage. "Why do you think you can just walk through someone's home? Didn't your parents ever teach you manners?"

Kaya Wolf Moon
I'm sorry Brand is such a brat rofl hopefully they'll come out of this as friends :'D

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces