Submit

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:18 pm
This is a private RP between myself and HoneyTeaTree. Please DO NOT post without permission!

User ImageUser Image

User Image

Kaya Wolf Moon's Teepee | HoneyTeaTree's Teepee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:07 am
Memories had always been an odd thing for Dusk. His were always covered in a thick haze that was incredibly difficult to clear from his mind. Every now and again, he would feel some hidden itch in the back of his mind trying to call out to him and have him recollect, a feeling that had slowly dissipated over the years. Dusk, at some point he had given up entirely on trying to recall what was lost to him, content with his life in his mother's care. He was loved and cared for; as time had passed he was sure those hazy figures from his fevered dreams and nightmares were nothing more than figments of his imagination.

He had never asked his mother about his foalhood. There was too little to try and even remember to ask about anyways... Dusk only had vague feelings of loneliness and being scared, darkness, and the one memory he did have: eventually being found by Eve.

The stallion moved under the cover of the night, letting the stars guide him as he walked alongside his mother under the bright light of the moon. His mother was an interesting personality, enchanted by death and the beauty within it; Dusk had found himself captivated with death in a similar light, sporting accessories made from bone. Though he had the same dislike of seemingly grotesque things that Eve had, he could appreciate the beauty in death and the cycle of life. Hearing her speak of spirits was always fascinating, as well. He could never get enough of her stories of spirits.

His hooves kept an even pace, appreciating the calm solitude their shared silence created in the air around them. Their walks were always peaceful and Dusk enjoyed the time he got to spend with his mother. He looked to Eve and exhaled a deep sigh, taking a moment before breaking the silence.

"Mother... Do you remember when you found me? It was on a night not unlike this, was it not?" He glanced affectionately at the mare who had raised and nurtured him. Dusk was absolutely certain he wouldn't have survived without her and for that he couldn't be more thankful. Though he never asked questions about his past often, he enjoyed talking to his mother about her discovery of him every now and again, just to hear her talk and hopefully fill in any blanks of his memory that had yet to be filled in. Dusk had heard the tale so many times that he was certain he could recall every detail she would give him, but his memory was such a spotty thing that he could never truly be certain. "Would you tell me the story?"

KayaWolfMoon

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:39 pm
The moon waxed high overhead. Its brilliant silvery beams casting an ethereal quality to the earth below. Shadows flickered and shimmered in their eternal dance between light and dark. A crispness filled the midnight air. It was a glorious night indeed. One that Eve felt pleased to be able to share with one of her children. Dusk, the current youngest of her brood, appreciated the night much as herself. His steady hooffalls matching hers while the two ambled along in companionable silence. Wraith, her bonded and the most mischievous of her family, could be found nestled at the base of her neck, wiling away the time in slumber. He has worn himself out it seems. Eve thought fondly of the little ferret. I must remember to wake him when we get there so he isn’t coarse with himself. Her lips twitched with amusement at the imagery of a confused and half-asleep young one, trying to appear irked at the suggestion he’d fallen asleep on such a wondrous night. That would indeed be a sight.

Her inner musings were cut short by the dulcet tones of her son. Turning her head slightly, and careful not stir Wraith, Eve’s glowing eyes peered softly at the stallion walking alongside. “Heehee,” she chuckled in that motherly way. “Do I remember that night? Child, I could no sooner forget it than I could deny the stars in the heavens. Though…” A coyness touched her features. “I am certain that you could tell me the story even better than I.” Eve had lost track of how many times Dusk requested a retelling of the tale of her discovery of him. It was quite arguably his favorite story of hers. Truth be told, she enjoyed it as well, and she made sure he would know. Shuffling closer, she nudged the young stallion’s neck affectionately. “It is one of my favorites too. Now, let us see…” She raised her head to gaze at the moon. “It was indeed on a night like this. You were only a foal then…”

FLASHBACK

The moon waxed high overhead. Its brilliant silvery beams casting an ethereal quality to the earth below. Shadows flickered and shimmered in their eternal dance between light and dark. A crispness filled the midnight air. It was a glorious night indeed. “Are we there yet?” Eve giggled at the tiny voice. Her young bonded, a small ferret named Wraith, had joined her travels less than a year ago on a whim. Even now, despite having taken well to the road, his impulsive nature still showed itself. “Not yet, Wraith. We still have some journeying to do before we reach the caverns.” “You said that HOURS ago.” The childish response earned another giggle from the mare. “And the same is true in this moment.” Her words were not harsh, as some parents’ or bondeds’ might be, but were calm and held understanding. “But I want to check out those shiny things you keep talking about! I want to play on the rocks and dive in the water and see the bugs and play…” The ferret could drone on and on. For her part, Eve would listen and nod, relishing the interaction.

Alas, there would be little time for such things. A chilling scream echoed about the forest, cutting across Wraith’s ramblings. It was enough to make Eve’s blood run cold and to freeze her in midstride for a brief moment. “That does not sound good.” She muttered to her bonded. Her ears flicked to and fro in attempt to pinpoint the direction of the cry. “What was that?” Wraith scurried up her leg, taking up position on her shoulder, his dark orbs flitting about. “I don’t—” Another cry sounded. “To the left and ahead!” As if on instinct, the mare darted in the direction of the harrowing shrieks. She didn’t think, didn’t wonder what might lay ahead. No, only one thought occupied her mind… That was a foal!

HoneyTeaTree
Sorry this took so long! I hope what I did is okay for you to work with. Let me know if it needs changing. smile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:32 pm
He continued to walk along side Eve under the moonlight, enjoying the sound of his mother's laugh. Dusk glanced at her, his eyes filled with nothing but warmth and love for the woman. He knew that he had no blood relation to her, there was no physical trait that they shared, and his siblings were his siblings only in name. Despite these facts, Dusk had never doubted that he was family to them. He had grown up with them, had shared so many wonderful moments with each other, and had helped one another through rough patches that life brought a long.

The stallion let out a low chuckle as Eve spoke, and he gave a quick toss of his head to move his mane out of his sight. "Even so, I do love how you tell the story. It holds much more magic to it than whatever I could muster." Dusk continued to walk along the path, ears turned to listen to the words of his mother.

Flashback

His heart pounded in his ears, the young foal rushing through the woods. Lost, he was lost! Where was mother? Where was father? Brother? Brother! Young Dusk continued to rush through the forest, still new legs clumsily feeling their way through the roots and uneven ground. There was a panic abut him as he ran through the forest grounds. The young creature was hardly able to keep his balance, shoulders dropping and legs kicking out every which way.

Dusk raised his head from the forest floor, his ears flitting at the shriek of an owl, which caused him to look up in terror. His leg gave out and his body fell to the ground. A sharp bleat escaped him as he fell, his body tumbling down the drop of the uneven Earth. The fall was bumpy, painful, jarring. The foal lost every sense of where he was. Which way was up? Which way was down? There was a loud crack and a sharp pain against his head as it hit something solid and jagged. Tears sprung to his eyes as sharp cry escaped him, blood curdling and frail all the while.

The young one couldn't keep track of how many times he rolled down the seemingly never ending slope. There was nothing he could do but let his body fall. Even though he wanted to try and stop his fall, his body was still too new to the world, too weak from his falls and scrapes in his panic. His body came to a stand still as it finished sliding down the slope. Dusk was weak, his vision fading, head swimming and forehead sweaty from the physical exertion that he had gone through. Dusk's figure didn't stir as the darkness enveloped his mind.

Kaya Wolf Moon
Sorry for taking so long!! ;u; I'm going to work on Orin and Brandnetel's thread next!!

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:41 pm
Eve dashed headlong through the winding paths of the forest. Her hooves carried her and Wraith in quick procession. Instinct carried her as if she were being lifted by the wind itself, fast and far without issue. Rocks and twigs seemed to leap away from where she trod. Even the forest and its inhabitants appeared to know of the trouble looming somewhere in the darkness. The shrieks had died down a moment before. Her heart pounded in anticipation of what that could indicate. Eve knew well the cries and screams of a foal, having raised two of the same. Every fiber of her soul knew well that the blood-curdling and agonized shouts could belong to no other. What could have happened? She found herself wondering foremost amidst her racing thoughts. Her heart pounded in her chest as she galloped towards the source of the disturbance. “Eve…wait,” Wraith’s faint voice barely registered in her mind. So focused was she on locating the foal in need that she did not respond. “Eve,” Wraith attempted to break through to her. “Eve, hey!” At the same instant he shouted those words in her ear, her perceptive gaze caught sight of the steep slope just ahead of them. Hooves dug deep into the softened earth. Dirt sprayed in every direction, deep grooves forming as the earth achieved the desired effect of slowing her momentum.

She and Wraith skidded to a halt at the ridge of the slope. Eve breathed heavily for a moment, attempting to regain her breath and composure alike. “Whoa!” Wraith chortled. “You were going really fast, Eve! I can’t believe you managed to stop in time.” He hopped down from her shoulder, coming to rest on the ground next to her. “That was fun!” But Eve was not paying attention to the broad smile alighting on his features. No, her focus was turned downward. Gleaming white orbs had cast frantically about once she had drawn to a stop. A brief glimpse to the brambles at her left is what initially caught her attention. Broken and marred by some indiscernible force, she followed the distinct trail of tumult down the embankment to the area just below. Her eyes lit upon a tiny figure laying motionless in the remains of the carnage of foliage above. “Oh no,” she gasped, darting down the slope. “Huh? What?” Wraith watched her curiously. “What’d’ya find?!” He called out, craning his neck to see while scampering after her. “It’s—it’s a young colt,” Eve breathed out as she drew even with the young one. He had been through quite a lot by his appearance. Blood oozed from a nasty wound on his head. Scratches and bruises adorned much of the rest of his body. For a fleeting moment, she believed he might be dead. Then she noticed the rise and fall of his form which set her more at ease.

“Wraith,” the mare spoke quickly, her decision already made. “We must act swiftly. The poor foal is hurt. He cannot be more than a few weeks old, if that, and it looks as if he’s sustained some fairly serious wounds. I will need your help.” “Sure thing!” The young ferret chimed in instantly, giving her a salute. “Whatcha need?” Eve inclined her head in gratitude to her friend. As childish as he could be, the little one knew when things were of a serious matter and acted accordingly. “Firstly, we must find a shelter nearby. Somewhere I can tend to his wounds without drawing unwanted attention…” The last thing she desired was for an unsavory sort to find the poor thing. However, she must also consider the colt’s family might be nearby. When that is done I will need your help gathering supplies. Then it will be off to see if you can locate his family. Hopefully they are nearby.” Thus, with their plan set, the duo set to work aiding the unconscious foal.

HoneyTeaTree
Sorry this one also took so long! I left the ending ambiguous so you could react however you wanted. Feel free to have her tending to his wounds or anything like that if you'd like. smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:02 pm
Everything about the colt drifted in and out of his mind. Words were hardly more than white noise as the darkness kept him safely nestled in the depths of his consciousness. He did not stir as he was shifted and carried about, unaware and immobile from the rough fall and hit to the head he had taken. The colt's eyes barely moved behind his closed lids, his breathing shallow and quiet.

Though he was not quite awake and not quite asleep, he felt a presence around him. No... two? presences about him. There was no pull of fear in the depths of the inky blackness of his mind. He was safe, it told him in all it's nothingness. He was floating, floating, floating through neither the air or water. Whatever touches were being made to his body he did not feel, did not seem to register, as he continued to float, float, float...

Time passed on, perhaps hours, days and nights. The colt stayed wrapped up safely in the inky black shroud around him, never moving, doing little more than breathing.

He was stronger now than he had been, the murmured noises and sounds he heard in his cocoon of darkness seemed louder, more clear. Clear enough, at least, for him to make out the sound of two distinct voices. They moved around him, coming and going, swirling into quiet, unintelligible nonsense; undulating between something and white noise. The foal's golden yellow ears flickered, the first sign of movement, something that showed there was more of him there, more that would make its way back out of the recesses of his mind.

After hours, if not days, the foal finally, finally awoke, his eyes opening and revealing his darkly colored sclera and golden irises. There was a sharp pounding in his head and it made the frail creature whimper from the pain, tears pricking the corners of his eyes. The colt looked about, brows drawing in confusion as he looked about where he was, his eyes landing on a mare that he didn't recognize and a ferret that was by her side. Where was he? Who were they? How had he gotten here? He couldn't remember anything... nothing at all of who he was or where he had been before.

A quiet sniffle came from him and he ducked his head as tears slipped down his cheeks. Fear ran through him; fear of not knowing where he was, who he was, who the mare in the cave was. Did she know? Would she help him? The confusion and the overwhelming weight of all that was unknown to him forced a pitiful cry from him, his small frame shaking from the intensity of his crying. Why didn't he know anything? Why?

Kaya Wolf Moon
here's a reply for you! Sorry for taking so long ;u; Hopefully this is alright???? let me know if you need more to work with. I was trying something new for my writing style and I'm hoping it comes across alright, but if not let me know!! <3

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces