Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Archived
[Writing] A Chime as Old as Time (OVER!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:05 pm
User Image

Chimecho Stallion by Mindsend || Chingling Mare by Mindsend
Reuniclus by Spelldancer

The sun was just beginning to break, it's rays of light eagerly dancing across the land. A soft breeze whistled through the leaves and a strange yet pleasant chime could be heard as a pale blue stallion walked along, inhaling deeply the scents of the morning. Another chime came from the small wind chime he carried. It may not have been the most glorious of wind chimes, but it was a priceless item he had inherited.

But more importantly, she had loved it. He could still remember the first time he'd ever gazed upon the sun kissed mare, a sound quite similar yet different from his wind chime jingled when she moved. It was like the land itself brightened, and he'd been so mesmerized by the mare. She had laughed, telling him how she'd heard his wind chime and come to see where such a lovely sound came from.

A chance meeting spanned into an afternoon spent together. There was laughing, some dancing, and the best company anyone could really ask for. But as the sun began its descent, a deep sigh resonated between stallion and mare. There was unspoken words that desperately wanted to come forth, but neither stallion or mare spoke them. Thanks was given for the lovely day spent together, and they parted ways.

Now, the pale blue stallion found himself wandering again, chime catching in the wind, hope blossoming that he could see her once more. Ears swiveling, and breath catching, was that a jingle he heard....?

Annnd that's where you come in! How does the story go from there? Do they finally meet once more? Fall in love? Have a grand adventure as the best of friends? It's all up to you to figure out where their story goes from here!

STARTS: July 12th @ 9:00 AM EDT
ENDS: July 19th @ 11:59 PM EDT

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:06 pm
G A M E_______

This is an RP contest! You will finish the story started above on what the fate of these soquili is to be! There is no set fate for them and if you win, they don't have to actually fall in love (if that is the direction your story goes)! Weave us a tale of sorrow, of love, or of some great adventure! Just remember to have fun while doing so!

R U L E S_______

1. Please be nice and courteous to all participants! Games are supposed to be fun.
  2. Obey all Shop and Site rules!
  3. Remember, you can only win ONE pony and ONE familiar from this event! If you win one before this event ends, please make a post letting us know so you can be removed from the list!
  4. Please no Proxies, sorry!
  5. No Mules (1000 or less posts). If you happen to be a legitimate newbie that falls under this, you may still participate. However we will be checking this closely.
  6. In order for your form to be counted, you must complete the entire form!
  7. You may edit your post up until the closing time, but be sure to make a note in red letting us know what you edited.
  8. Absolutely NO deleting posts.
  9. If you have any questions, please PM them to Kyrieko!
  10. HAVE FUN~~~!

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:06 pm
F O R M S_______

[align=center][img]http://i.imgur.com/6as1DFF.png[/img][/align]

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Preference list:[/b] (--- *Familiar will be raffled off among ALL participants!)

[b]Entry:[/b] (There is no word limit on this, but please don't write us a massive novel!)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:31 pm
User Image

Username: dawns_aura
Preference list: Chimecho, Chingling

Entry:
A once bright blue mare, whose coat has dimmed with age watches as her favorite son, her eldest, passes his days without any joy, passion or any strong emotion. He doesn't seem to live, he merely exists. And it breaks her heart a little more every day to see him live in such a way. So one day she visits to bring him a gift. A gift passed down through her family for generation after generation.

A wind chime. But not just any chime. No this wind chime was blessed. Family lore had it that once the owner of the chime rang it, the sound would call into his or her life the being they most needed to meet at the time. For some, this was a mate, or a child. For some, it was a rival. Others, an enemy. Who or whatever the chime brought into ones life, they brought with them something the chime sounder lacked. And as she presented her son the chime, it was the mare's dearest hope that whomever came into his life, they would break him out of his apathic shell and teach him passion. Teach him how to live. And maybe, in her heart of hearts she longed for this, maybe they could teach him how to love.

Though he believed the tale to be nothing more than superstition, nonsense and hokam, seeing the expression of hope and love on his mother's face, he loved her for trying. So he humored her by taking the gift and promising her he would find a time and he would sound the chime. When he saw her light up with happiness, even though he had meant the words as a little white lie, he resolved to actually follow through with the promise.

And that was what led him to that day.

Feeling more than a little bit foolish, the stallion stole away from the grounds he was known for haunting... He didn't want to risk encountering anyone he knew or who might know him. He made his way to a nearby peaceful forest, and meandered along listening to the sounds of life around him. Eventually he reached a quiet clearing and paused. This place would do as well as any other.

'I really don't believe in this.. nonsense, but my mom does. And it is for her that I am doing this.' His claws dug into the earth beneath them, the only signal of his unease... aside from the fact that he was speaking out loud to himself, trying to justify to himself what he was about to do. 'But if this is what it takes to make mom happy... I'll do this for her. I just don't see the point.'

He glared slightly at the chime he had carried to this place. 'Here goes nothing.'

He lifted the chime and deliberately shook it just so. Just so that when nothing happened he could return home and tell his mother that he had tried. That he had done just as he promised. The resulting chime was light and clear. Beautiful in its own right, but hardly something magical. 'This is foolish.'

It was then he heard the sound and he saw her. The mare of sun-kissed gold.
And the day they shared was filled with friendship and dance and song and laughter. For the first time in a long, long time, he was truly happy. He felt alive. But as the sun went down, there were words unspoken between them.
Words that desperately wanted to come forth on both sides - pleas to stay for just a little bit longer, wishes that the day might never end, hopes that they might one day meet again. But neither mare nor stallion were able to get the words past the knot in their throats. Instead, thanks were given on both sides, for the lovely day spent together, and they parted ways.

'You should not given the poor boy hope.'
The bell sprite chimed disapprovingly as soon as the two parted ways and the stallion was out of hearing range. 'You know the master will not be pleased.'

'Oh, hush Tonal. This is my one day of freedom. I am allowed to do whatever I will. And once it's done, it's done. I will never see him again.' Black eyes looked to the distance. 'It is done. I will never see him again. I will never know if we could be friends. Tonal, you and Ringa and Master are all I have. and that is what is meant to be.'

Though she never gave him any hope or reason to believe that she would come back, the stallion returned to the same clearing in the meadow. Hoping that the connection between them wasn't felt by only him. That she might one day return. That they might share more magical days together. That they might be able to find out if they were simply kindred souls in need of a friend like them or if they might be meant to be something more.

All of a sudden, there it was. Something so faint carried on the wind. Ears swiveling, and breath catching, was that a jingle he heard....? Was it her?

Word Count: 870

I won my freebie...  

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

Malikztiah Ankhwave

Crew

Dangerous Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:20 am
User Image

Username: Malikztiah Anlhwave
Preference list: Chimecho, Chingling - I have already won my Familiar Freebie

Entry: He would never admit to a soul that he had stumbled over his own feet in his rush towards that jingle, in hopes he would see her again. He could never handle suspense all that well, but today had been much worse. So it was with great joy he realized the musical jingling was her! And even better, that she seemed happy to see him again.

He was quite used to being alone, his little chime the only real company he had. Oh, birds would visit sometimes, assuming the sound of his chime was another bird, and they made fairly nice company, but they always left eventually. He had not expected to see another soul, least not one like him. But she was so similar that it almost hurt. She, too, had the company of birds, though her little companions seemed to be firmly attached, and not likely to fly off. But, that did not matter now, nothing did. Only the time they had together, and that they spent it, mattered for now.

All things come to an end, and that was also true of this second meeting. He still had been too afraid to ask her name, to speak up with the questions he wanted- would they meet again? Could she promise to be back? The words just died on his tongue whenever he attempted. But it was alright, because they had met again now so surely, surely, it would happen again? Parting ways this time was a little easier, having the knowledge that they had met twice now softening the blow. Their goodbyes were less stilted, a small bit less reluctant, but they were still goodbyes.

This pattern would continue for several more days, wandering into the woods with hope in his heart, listening for that wonderful, familiar jingle. They would spend the whole day together every time, until the sun's light no longer filtered through the leaves, and then part ways only to repeat it again. Finally, oh finally, after this routine lasted nearly ten days, he managed to build up the courage to introduce himself.

"I am Echo, and I would be honored if you would consider me a friend.."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:45 pm
User Image

Username: Regal Renegade
Preference list: Chimecho Stallion, Chingling Mare

Entry:

This is a tale of two lovers who were not meant to be, but who chose to be together despite it all.

There once lived a stunning, gilded mare who garnered the attentions and affections of numerous stallions. Each day they would shower her with fabulous gifts in exchange for her warmest regards, which she would gladly give as long as the treasures made it worth her while. To her love was a game, a form of commerce that kept her living a comfortable and luxurious life in which all she need do to get by was bat her heavy eyelashes and wear a smoldering smile. She had never considered any alternative, which is why meeting him threw her for quite the loop.

Her bell called out to his chime, and their combined melody brought the two together one fateful day.

The azure stallion believed in the wonders and purity of love. He would often sing about it, and sigh heavily as he dreamt of meeting his one and only. To him love was a form of sustenance, something that kept the heart beating and the world from turning gray. Some believed him to be naïve in this regard for he never considered the truth of heartbreak, but he would simply continue to smile and go about his days filled with hopes of finding HER.

And when he came across that glowing mare with the bell in her hair, he was absolutely done for.

The day wore on and the two laughed and joked. He sang to her and her to him, and they danced a glorious waltz designed just for them. His heart was bursting with joy, and hers began to feel light and strange. But as the sun dipped below the horizon it was time to part ways. He did not want her to go, and he wanted nothing more than to tell her how he felt. But by the time he worked up his courage she had already fled.

Her bell called out to him once again after he had begun wandering with his heavy heart, and it was as though the sun itself shone only for them. But she was different.

She told him of the way she viewed love, and even stated that he could not provide her with enough gifts to keep her interested. The words were stones upon her heart, but her life so far had been working for her. She did not need him. All she wanted was the constant doting and the material goods that had, up until this point, brought such meaning into her life. However, it did not matter what she said. He continued to spout words of love until she finally asked him what made him so different from the others.

“My love will not fade with time. My love is infinite and cannot be measured in material goods. The song of your soul sings to me, and the very notes of your existence come together with mine in an eternal symphony. You will never be lesser in my eyes, for you are everything to me.”

And despite her best efforts to turn him away, she could not stamp out the unfamiliar ember that had kindled in her heart. Though surely nothing would keep them together she was willing to give it a try, if even for just one day. This would be an entirely new adventure, and it excited her more than the gleaming gifts ever had.

Now, they would have to somehow contend with the numerous lovers she had already taken on. Something told her, this road of love would be incredibly rocky.  

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

~Spazzy_the_Wolfie~

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:35 am
User Image

Username: ~Spazzy_the_Wolfie~
Preference list: Chingling Mare, Chimecho Stallion, Reuniclus

Entry:
A few days had passed since their last meeting. Then, out of the blue, she had heard it! The faint sound of a chime. A noise from his wind chime, she knew… Suzu took a step in the right direction, then hesitated. The urge to rush off and meet with the friendly stallion once more was overwhelming, but she couldn’t just carelessly toss everything to the wind because of someone she had just met! She absolutely could not! The time the two had spent together had indeed been… Well, it had been special. Very special, the mare would admit. She would love to run off and spend all of the time in the world with her newfound friend. But each time the two had met, Suzu had walked away at the end of the day, forcing herself to give a polite farewell and nothing more.

She would not give the stallion hope, not when she had such an important job to do.

Before leaving home, she had set a few rules and guidelines, swearing to keep romance on the sidelines until she had returned to her herd with her collection of songs. Whether she liked it or not, Suzu’s feelings would be set aside for the good of her people.

“We have lost our way.” Suzu had stated before fellow members of her herd, “So many melodies have been forgotten with the passing of time, so many of our unique dances lost. This must be fixed! We need music. So, I have made a decision: I am leaving, and upon my return I shall bring back a catalog of songs. An incredible number of melodies, to bring passion and fire back to our herd! I will return!”

Hearing chimes on the wind once again, she took a moment to gather herself. A few breaths in, a few breaths out.

No feelings were voiced at the end of the day, no promises of meeting again were made, nothing of the sort. But here she was again, heading right back to him.

Suzu would meet with him yet again, but this time, she would not just walk away. She would tell him everything at the end of the day; her loyalty to her herd, her task, her dedication to it, and… perhaps her growing feelings for him. They had danced and frolicked together, so maybe… Maybe they could travel together. Maybe he could assist her with collecting songs. Maybe they would return to her herd together. Maybe he liked her as much as she liked him. Maybe not. Maybe she was just acting like a love-struck filly. Maybe he just saw the two of them as friends. Maybe she was worrying too much. Maybe she was overthinking things.

Maybe she should stop thinking and actually do something.

The mare gave a shake of her head, mostly at herself, the bell placed in her hair giving a delicate ring. “Friends. Just… Just friends. Nothing more. For now.” Suzu said, a sigh escaping her lips before she gave herself one more reminder, “Only friends.” Unsure if she would heed those reminders, Suzu went off to find the stallion.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:43 pm
User Image

Username: vampireluver123
Preference list: Chumecho Stallion, Chungking mate, Reuniclus

Entry: It had been a few days since he saw her. The mare with the bells in her hair. The most gorgeous sunlight colored coat. He couldn't get her out of his head. Yet was that because she too enjoyed the things that chime or because he was interested in her? He sighed and shook his head not sure what he should do or how he should think about it. He was wandering around trying to figure out what he should think or do. The day had been amazing. One of the most amazing days he had had. He flicked his head over as he heard a chime. A chime? He blinked in shock. He spun around and raced over to find the source of this sound. He needed to know if it was her or not. He hoped it was her even if nothing came of it. He'd be happy if they were just friends since she had something else she liked that he liked.

He moved fast and kept on following the sound of that chime. He needed to know about the sound. He got to the clearing and stared seeing it was her. He blinked in slow shock not sure he was actually seeing what he thought he was seeing. He looked at her. Yep that was the mare he had met. He walked over to her and bowed his head a bit at her. She looked at him and blinked. She stared at the stallion also hearing the chime. The pretty pretty chime. She smiled at him and nodded her head back.

He waved his chime toe to allow it to catch the wind and make more sound. She seemed to enjoy that and so he wanted to have it make more sounds. It was a very pleasant sound. "Would you like to go on another adventure?" She grinned and nodded her head. "Heck yes!" He beamed and pranced around excited. "Awesome!"

He turned and started to trot off hoping she would follow him. He heard her bells as she followed him and he relaxed more pleased she was still willing to spend time with him. Maybe he could have a new friend if nothing else. He hoped he would have a friend at least.

She followed him wanting some fun new adventure. Something to change up her life and give her something new to think about. She wanted new experiences and to get to see new places. And maybe this stallion could help her find something new. And he had been really amazing to her before so he seemed like the right one. She continued to run after him wanting to see what he had to show her.

They ran for a while as he showed her different sights. He showed her a waterfall that he loved and areas that could be considered dangerous. They got into some trouble once they scared a herd but they were able to outrun them and get away. He didn't let anything bad happen to her. Once they had turned out they went to a stream.

He smiled at her. "Care to make music together?" She tilted her head at him as she thought about his offer. It was a strange offer. "Music? How do you mean?" He smiled. "Well you've got those lovely bells and I have a my chime. Why couldn't we make some sort of pretty music together and be friends? I know now isn't a good time for more since we barely know each other but we could start as friends and see where this goes?" She smiled at him as she thought about it. "That does seem like a fair offer to me. We can try friendship and making music to see what happens." He grinned more and moved his chime to make music as she moved to make her bells jingle. He had a lot of fun and this was still a very good day.  

vampireluver123

Dangerous Vampire

24,725 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:41 pm
Closed for judging! <3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:00 am
Thank you for all your entries! We enjoyed reading your continuation of what happened with our two Soquili in their story.
Please remember, you do not have to make these stories cannon!

And for our winners...

Malikztiah Ankhwave

Congratulations!
You've won the Chimecho Stallion!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Wingless Accessories, No Accessories, Wingless No Accessories

This Soquili was done by Mindsend, please take him to the General certing thread!

~Spazzy_the_Wolfie~

Congratulations!
You've won the Chingling Mare!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Wingless Accessories, No Accessories, Wingless No Accessories

This Soquili was done by Mindsend, please take her to the General certing thread!

Rolling for familiar in next post~  

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

Kyrieko generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:01 am

1. Regal Renegade
  2. ~Spazzy_the_Wolfie~
  3. vampireluver123

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:02 am
vampireluver123

Congratulations!
Reuniclus has chosen you!

User Image

This Familiar was done by Spelldancer, please take it to the General certing thread!

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

Archived

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces