Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Archived
[Writing] This One Time at the Safari Zone [Grats Winners!] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:24 pm
User Image

Lilligant - Deejaye || Shiny Butterfree - LOLTERGEIST || Aspear (Itemless) - Celestial Requiem

Start Time: July 21st @ 12am EST
End Time: July 26th @ 11:59pm EST

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:40 am
User Image
As a pokemon trainer I'm sure you've had your fair share of experiences within the famous safari zone. Please tell me a story about one! Maybe you wish to tell me about that time you accidentally fell into a beedrill nest, or you discovered your first shiny pokemon. The sky is the limit!

User Image
  1. All Soquili shop and event rules apply.
  2. Follow gaia ToS.
  3. You may win ONE soquili and familiar freebie, ONE paid soquili and familiar, and ONE auction soquili and familiar.
  4. A win in this game will count as one of your freebie slots.
  5. You may pass on an event freebie only once.
  6. Do not delete your post. If you must bow out of the game, please make a new post and quote me.
  7. No proxies allowed.
  8. You do not need to follow soquili lore in your entry. However, if you want to, you still can.
  9. You may edit your post up until the time of closing. Just make a note in red up at the top indicating you've made changes.
  10. If you have any questions at all, please contact me!

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:41 am
User Image

Let me tell you about the time I...
Username:
Have you won a soquili?: yes/no
Have you won a familiar?: yes/no
Entry:

[size=14][color=#2a75bb][b][u]Let me tell you about the time I...[/b][/u][/color][/size]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Have you won a soquili?:[/b] yes/no
[b]Have you won a familiar?:[/b] yes/no
[b]Entry:[/b]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:01 am
Bumping this up to the first page as this is now open!  

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Lady Argentum Draconis

Enduring Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:11 pm
Username: Lady Argentum Draconis
Have you won a soquili?: Yes
Have you won a familiar?: No
Entry:
So, this one time and it really seems like no big deal when you really think about it and maybe it's just part and parcel of being a Pokemon trainer. I mean who hasn't been treed by a herd of Tauros? Typical Tuesday, am I right? I suppose if you must know how I found myself in this predicament I'll tell you though. You see what had happened was I was on the trail of this beautiful shiny Chansey. I mean this thing glowed and I was in love! Who wouldn't be right? So I'm there, on it's trail, thinking about how awesome it's gonna be. We are gonna be best friends! Get massages and ice cream! Make Pokepuffs! There is nothing that is going to get in the way of me and this Chansey! It's like it's my destiny to be with this Chansey!

Now I follow her down from the little rocky spring where I'd first seen her and she starts heading down towards the flat area nearby. Awesome. I'll trot on ahead and lay out some treats I have on me. We'll make friends and boom! Shiny Chansey city! I can barely contain myself as I run ahead. I pull the treats out of my pouch and start to lay them out. I'm nearly vibrating from excitement! I poke my head out just to be sure she's headed this way when all of a sudden I hear the hum of wings behind me, and it's not the heavy flap of something like a Venomoth. No, it's the fast high pitched hum of...I turn my head slowly and barely suppress a groan. It's a Scyther. Why! Why must it be a Scyther!? I see my vision of Shiny Chansey city fading into the distance. No! I can't let that happen!

I look around and spot a couple rocks nearby. I don't exactly like the idea of throwing a rock at a Pokemon, but maybe if I just get close a couple times it'll fly off. I slowly turn and then toss a rock near it's feet. The Scyther turns and looks at the rock tapping it with one of those long fore scythes but then goes back to eyeing the treats I'd laid out for the Chansey. I frown and throw again off towards it's left side. Get out of here you! I want to yell but I don't want to scare the Chansey. It turns it's head but ignores the rock again. Fine, desperate times. I wing one near it's head and this time it startles back a little but again starts towards the treats. I let out a bit of a growl. Come on! Go away! I throw my last rock and it soars over the Scyther's head. I can't believed I missed that badly! Of course that isn't the most horrifying sound. No, that comes a second later in the form of a very irritated "moo."

"Oh, no..." I slowly stand up and look out over the grassy area. There is a herd Tauros not far off and I'm pretty sure I just whacked the lead one in the head with a rock. The bull sees me and snorts, a hoof pawing the ground. "Oh, no." I repeat and take off running. All thoughts of Scythers and Shiny Chansey's forgotten the only thing on my mind is the sound of thundering hooves behind me and very angry "moo's."

I just barely make it to a stand of trees and scramble up the nearest one as high as I can manage. I glance down to see the Tauros milling around in frustration and some attempts at head butting the tree. "No! Don't do that, nice Tauros! Good Tauros! Please go away, Tauros." I adjust my grip and continue to cling for dear life.

Let's just say it was a very long night and thankfully the Tauros got bored and eventually moved on. So...yeah...that's how I ended up getting treed by a herd of Tauros...Now if you could just move that ladder a little closer I'd be much obliged.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:16 pm
-added username since it seems that when i posted...i thought i did but Gaia trolled me-
Username: SwordOfTheDarkOnes
Have you won a soquili?: yes
Have you won a familiar?: no
Entry:

Well, I was walking through the zone. Totally minding my own. When all of a sudden this tiny little flying thing....BEAMS me in the side of head. Like really? Just rude, ya know? So...holding my head I look down at my feet...its small...tiny little Pichu. Poor thing had been tossed from what I could gather. Well...hearing the Primape in the distance had me picking up the tiny thing and booking it.

It woke up...tried to zap me. Couldn't do that. So after finding a nice spot I sit down. Look the little thing over. Tend to the brusies, feed it...and after trying to leave it behind...it followed me out the zone. Well. Now I have a Raichu that zaps anyone who gets within 10ft on my blindside. As well as my best friend.  

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

19,375 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100

Irish Night Fox

Chatty Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:43 am
Username: Irish Night Fox
Have you won a soquili?: Nope!
Have you won a familiar?: Nope!
Entry: If you are reading this then I have been gone for a few days- perhaps weeks depending on how long it took you all to find the notes I’ve been dropping and place them in a cohesive order. Either way, I know someone must be missing me by now and yes I am still very much alive just a little, uh, indisposed.

I’m sure you’re relieved to hear that, wondering where I have been, and curious why I don’t just come home already. Well, I’m sadly being held captive so there is no way for me to come home just yet and as for the other part… do I have a story for you.

I’d never been to the safari zone myself before. I’d heard about it from the kids back home, but it had always sounded so intimidating. Everyone would go on and on about the Pokemon they would see, some kids even catching some special Pokemon from it. It’s just, Pokemon are wild, right? So if I can’t fight them how safe could I really be?

Still, the lure of catching my own special type was too much for me. I finally saved up the entry fee and in return got my handful of safari balls and entrance to the place of legends. It all felt surreal to me. To think I could be the one telling my story soon! Never did I think my story would end up like this one.

I didn’t see a single darn thing! I felt the weariness sink in and erase all excitement I had. Was I doing something wrong? Maybe I was looking in the wrong areas or I’d spray repel on me instead of my body mist this morning! I’d worked so hard for that dumb entry fee-

I wasn’t paying attention to where I was going and suddenly I was eye to eye with a Kangaskhan! Of course, I had no idea what the sucker was at the time so I shakily grabbed my Pokedex, almost dropped it, and held it up to the Pokemon. The electronic voice spewed out ‘It raises its offspring in its belly pouch. It lets the baby out to play only when it feels safe.’

I eyed the beast before me, seeing the pouch but no baby. Was it inside? My investigations were cut short when the thing grunted at me. I jumped back, quickly reaching for my pack. If I was going to do this I’d better do something before it decided to run off or worse. I put those thoughts out of my mind and pulled out a berry. I didn’t have much of a variety, but perhaps I would get lucky and one of these would meet its fancy.

I gave it an unsure smile, lifting my shaking hand to show it the berry. It just stared at me with a dead expression. I waited a moment and when it didn’t make an indication of coming to get the berry or even a slight hint of interest… I tossed it at her.

I could just punch myself at this point. I’m sure this is where it all started because that berry sailed through the air and splattered all over the thing’s face. Juice ran down it’s cheeks and pieces of berry flesh hung on its nose. It was a complete mess. I tried my best to keep quiet, but I let off a horrified gasp. It’s expression turned into a glare.

I tried more berries, but these either fell to its feet without ceremony or managed to hit a body part or another. It wasn’t about catching it at this point, but more so trying to appease it. I threw everything I had at it, but nothing. Zip, zero. Just a grumpy expression and berry juice everywhere.

I stopped and stood back. What was I doing? I had acted in panic and now the situation was worse. We stared at each other for a moment before I had the stupidly brilliant idea of pulling a safari ball out. The notion that I had to walk out of here with something was sticking to me. Stupid, stupid!

So I threw it. Just like the first berry time felt like it slowed down. I watched in horror as it spun in the air and fell toward’s the Pokemon’s head. It’s head! I groaned as it made contact with its head and bounced off, flinging to the side before sitting the ground and rolling off who knows where.

It was complete silence around us as we just stared at each other. My heart was pounding so hard in my chest that it was the only thing I could hear. The look on its face slowly darkened and when it made a step towards me I screamed at the top of my lungs. I was going to die.

The struggle is hard to explain because I’m not really clear on what happened. The Kangaskhan came at me and darkness swallowed me up. I know I thrashed and fought, but it happened to quick it felt like I was just a doll in its claws. I know now what had happened, but at the time all I could think about with the darkness was that I was dead.

Darkness was all around me for who knows how long. At this point I was questioning my thoughts on the after life when a beam of light cut through it. I shaded my eyes with my hand and looked upwards. Was that heaven? If it was then berries and leaves rain down from heaven, cause as soon as it opened up there was a shower of it. Slowly I came to my senses- the feeling of movement, the sounds of something eating. Dread filled me. I wasn’t dead…

I was in the thing’s pouch! It was feeing me like its baby or something!

Sure enough, I’d managed to wiggle my way up and stick my head out. As soon as I caught a glimpse it was shoving my head back down into the pouch. Even so, I got enough of a look to see that we were in fact still in the safari zone. I was alive, but I was also a captive.

So, uh, that’s why I haven’t come home. So when you get this if you’ll look for a Kangaskhan with a rather full pouch I’d really appreciate it. Tell it I promise I won’t ever do that again and I’ll stay as far from the safari zone as possible. Thanks.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:36 pm
Username: belloblossom
Have you won a soquili?: yes
Entry: If you've ever been to the Sinnoh region, you should have a healthy (or sometimes unhealthy) aggression towards Bidoof. The so-called 'Magikarp of Sinnoh', Bidoof may appear to be your fluffy brown friend, but I've never met a trainer that had a Bidoof they had caught on it's first sighting. Maybe their forty-seventh, but never the first.

Keeping this in mind, while Bidoof might be the most irksome Pokemon to walk the region, it's evolved form Bibaral is considerably more useful. It can lean a number of Hidden Moves won from local Pokemon gyms, like Surf and Strength and is a useful member to have in your party if you're exploring the coastal areas of the region or the caves where there are boulders blocking your every turn.

I, myself, only learned about the awesome powers of Bibarel recently and it was all thanks to a trip to the Safari Zone.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you've never been to the Safari Zone in Sinnoh before, right? Right. It's located in The Great Marshes, which, true to their name are full of soggy ground and mud that you have to wrestle yourself free from whenever you get stuck. Which is frequent. Very frequent. Because of this, despite living on the region for the majority of my life, I didn't like going there. I hate mud. I hate the feeling, the squelch sound and the smell. Even the color reminds me of...! Well anyway, I was finally convinced by one of my friends to go with her, so we went in together and.... whaddya know? I got stuck in the mud.

This mud was especially determined to keep me stuck within, it felt like so my friend went off to get a safari zone worker and I grumbled about how I would never come here again and that this was easily the worst place in the world. Amidst my grumbling, I noticed a large, lumbering creature heading in my direction! Naturally, I got pretty nervous and started to thrash around in the mud, which only led me to SINK FURTHER INTO THE MUD as a result!

The creature lunged at me and I saw a familiar irksome brown pelt.
'Oh great,' I thought. 'I'm going to get killed by a pack of flying Bidoof. Charming.' Yet then the creature wrapped its arms around me and pulled me hard and up out of the mud. It went on dragging me about, which did nothing to help with the increasing amount of slime on my clothes, but at least I wasn't getting stuck any longer, right?

Eventually, my friend found me and burst out laughing. The creature that had been carting me around was called Bibarel and the zone worker remarked that with my being so covered in mud, it probably mistook me for one of its own. I managed to wiggle out of the Bibarel's grasp, but it followed me all the way to the gate, so I decided to take it home with me. Suffice to say, it was a little surprised when I got home and washed off the cakes of mud, but it loved me all the same and after a while, I got to love it too. Go figure, right? I guess... even places where your deepest fear lays (or in my case the deepest mud pit) you can always bring something useful out of the situation.  

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

SkyDragono

Dangerous Healer

12,775 Points
  • Married 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:30 pm
Username: SkyDragono
Have you won a soquili?: No
Have you won a familiar?: Yes
Entry: So you want to hear about one of my adventures. Well, pull up a chair. I have lots of stories that I could tell you. Do you want to hear about the time I fell into a Diglett hole? Probably not. I'm sure everyone has one of those stories. How about the time I had a girafarig stampede after me? No, that probably happens a lot too. You probably want something unique. Not some 'i caught a magikarp this big' story. Wait, I know! Let me tell you about the time I went looking for a Xerneas, and ended up getting married.

I was hunting for pokemon in the Safari zone, list most trainers. I wanted to see what was there, and if maybe I could catch some of those elusive pokemon that had escaped from me on my journey. I had also heard a rumor that there was a Xerneas around these parts. I didn't really believe the person I'd heard it from, but if it was true, I could have that fairy stag for my very own, and what an addition to my team he'd be to!

So there I was, running into groups of Amaura (which I needed and I caught as well), Helioptile (which I ran from because I remember those little buggers from the desert who had fainted my team TWICE *grumbles*), and Espurr (needed this one too. Quite an eventful trip in the safari zone no?) when suddenly, out of the trees came the Xerneas! It was bigger then I thought it was, with its multi-colored antlers gleaming in the afternoon light (no, seriously, they gleamed. I know it sounds like some over-used word in a million stories, but I swear it's true!). It was in range, and I could catch it and make it my very own. It was surrounded by some Spring Sawsbuck and Deerling, and I knew it wasn't going to be easy to get near, but I had to try. I mean really, how many times are you going to see a Xerneas and have it close enough that you could be able to catch it?

As I snuck in the tall grass to try to get closer, I crossed over a stream. I must have passed next to a nest because this Swanna came out of nowhere and started pecking at me. I tried really hard not to make any noise, and I didn't want to bring out any of my pokemon to defend me, because I didn't want to attract any more attention this way. There was a chance that the Xerneas and others might think it was just normal sounds. But that stupid Swanna kept attacking as I tried to escape in the grass. I finally got far enough from the nest, and had received enough warning pecks from it, that it decided to leave me alone. When I looked up to check on the Xerneas, it was where I had left it, grazing peacefully with the other deer pokemon. However, I was much farther away. Okay, so no going near the stream so I wouldn't upset the Swanna again.

So I headed for the trees again, continuing to the right before I could move forward, hoping that I wouldn't cause any more of a ruckus. Luck was on my side, as I was able to sneak in pretty close. I reached for the first member of my team, when the grass beside me shook. I turned slowly to see what was nearby. A small Skiddo came out of the clump of grass, snuffling around. It was very small, so I don't think it was very old. I didn't want a Skiddo, especially one that would probably need to be nursed and weened.

I tried shooing it away, but it latched onto the back of my shirt, and I think it tried suckling. I tried to turn and pull it off of my, but the angle was terrible, and it just stayed attached to my shirt. However, it bleated, apparently unhappy with either my attempts to dislodge it, or my shirts lack of milk production. Either way, it made noise and I froze. I hoped and prayed that it hadn't drawn too much attention. I slowly turned to see what my quarry thought of my antics, to find Xernas looking... right...at....me..... Oh mudbrey leavings. Not only was he looking at me, Several of the Sawsbucks were looking my way, and the deerling had fled. I had been ratted out by a Skiddo.

Now I had a problem. Everything was looking at me, I was trying not to be seen, and I still had the Skiddo attached to the back of my shirt. How was I supposed to retreat without squishing it? Maybe just stay kneeling there, and hope that everything would forget I exist so maybe I could go back to my attempt to catch it? Probably not going to happen.

So there I was, my knees starting to ache (because I was kneeling on one of those small stones that feels like a boulder after a while) and everything in a 30 foot radius looking at me (I swear the Xernas flicked an ear at me in amusement). You're probably thinking things couldn't get worse right? It was the same thing I was thinking, and boy let me tell you. You are wrong. Remember when I said I thought the skiddo was young. Well, I was right because guess who came looking for him. You guessed it; Mom.

I heard her angry snort before I saw her. Apparently her kids bleat brought her right to me like a homing beacon, and I don't think she liked the fact that I was trying (thought I really wasn't) to be 'mom', or that I could potentially hurt her kid. She came through the grass, well, like an angry mom. Her gaze at me was that of fire and brimstone, and I felt like I should be burnt to a crisp right there. I tried reaching back slowly to dislodge the Skiddo nursing on my now damp shirt, but moms eyes got even deadlier, and I slowly moved my hand back in front of me. We were at a stalemate. Though, between my rather delicate flesh, and her rather long sharp horns, I knew who would win this confrontation. Now, if only the Skiddo would notice his mom, and go back to her, then I might be able to get out of this in one piece.

Luck, however, seemed to have abandoned me this day. The skiddo just stayed contentedly on my shirt, tugging it to try and get dinner, and I was trying not to make any hostile move that would make mom charge. However, there seemed to be other things in the work. I saw the grass sway a bit as the ground vibrated, and the herd came running to defend mom and her baby from me. Lets see, the numbers are now me versus, what, 30 angry Gogoat (with a few rams), several Skiddo, and mom? Give me an escape rope, I am so out of here.

I sprang to my feet, grabbing the skiddo (I didn't want to hurt the thing as he didn't know the trouble he'd gotten me into, and having him be flung from my shirt would certainly have done just that) and ran like a track star (the shoes mom had gotten me worked really well for running), past the sawsbuck (who bolted at the commotion), past my prized Xernas (who I kid you not, looked like he could burst out laughing at any moment, even in all his regal glory that royal pain in the gogoats), and headed for the fence.

As I ran, I tried to figure out what the best way to set down the Skiddo so that mom could get him back. If I just dropped him, it would hurt him. If I slowed down, I was going to get the sharp end of some horns. So you can see where my issue was. I really wasn't trying to take him, but I didn't know how to get him back safely. I saw the fence coming near, and figured that once I hopped over it, I could set the skiddo down and be done with this particular safari adventure. I noticed out of the corner of my eye another trainer riding his bike on the path, and I wondered if he too was going to the safari zone. And if he was, I hoped that he wasn't going to have the same adventure I was having.

I guess I slowed a bit as I neared the fence, because as I went to jump, there was a hard connection with my backside that catapulted me well over the fence, and right into the bike rider. Instinct kicked in, and I tucked and rolled, trying to keep from hurting the baby skiddo in my arms, who I remember later bleating in terror.

Finally, there I lay at the side of the road, sprawled out like I had been hit by a truck, a skiddo tucked protectively at my side, and my back end feeling also like it had been hit by a truck. The world spun for a moment, and I know there was a dust cloud around me. Then there was a fuzzy figure, which solidified into a boy not older then me, his dark hair rumpled and dirty, and his shirt in the same state.

"Are you okay?" he asked, and i wanted to come up with some funny, campy answer, especially since I had forcibly stopped him by being propelled into him like a cannonball, but nothing came to mind, but an undignified "Yeah". I sat up slowly, still holding the skiddo close, and assessed the situation. Mom was still pawing at the fence angrily. What looked like a twisted piece of metal was what I assumed was the bike; and it looked like it tried to become part of the tree not far from my head.

"I...um....that was a fantastic crash, wasn't it?" Not the best first words out of my mouth, but I mean really, what else would you say to someone that you had just totaled their bike? How's the weather? He looked at his bike and nodded.

"I've been chased by Golem, had a Charizard try to land on it, and even a Rockruff try to chew on my tires, but I don't think I've ever managed to crash it into a tree. That took someone flying into me to do." He gave me a crooked smile, and I laughed, at least until my ribs reminded me that I had been hit by a Gogoat, a bike, and the ground all in a matter of minutes, and they were not amused.

We ended up adventuring together for a bit, and dating, then finally getting married. I never did see a Xernas again, but truthfully I was kinda done with that pokemon. Thankfully the bike shop owner, upon hearing how the bike got so wrecked, took pity on him, and replaced the bike. Even gave me a really good discount as well. You want to know about the skiddo?
*Reaches down an pats the Gogoat right next to her* Well, he grew up.
Nursed him and weaned him. When I twisted my ankle really badly, he evolved and carried me to a pokemon center. I figured I earned him, and he's been my best friend ever since. Even rode him off into the sunset after the wedding; tin cans and all tied to his tail, and he took it like a champ. *Smiles lovingly at the pokemon, who sighs contentedly even with his eyes closed*
So, how bout that for a story?

For Fun: x And they lived happily ever after. Here's an actual commission I got for my wedding. xD  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:19 pm
Username: Regal Renegade
Have you won a soquili?: no
Entry:

This is not one of those stories where one almost gets stampeded by a herd of tauros only to catch about 30 of them in the process. No that is not my tale to tell, but some other lucky individual who dared to brave the vast lush pokemon rich safari zone. No my tale is not so glamorous.

After hearing the events of this tale, one would say I have terrible luck. Did a flock of murkrow cross my path to bring upon this terrible fate? No. Nothing before this day gave any hint to what lay in store for me once I entered the safari zone.

The day started like any other, no looming clouds or ominous thunder to set the mood for the day. I had been looking forward to the safari zone for some weeks now. All the wonderful stories filled my head and I wanted that adventure for myself.

I paid the 500 entry fee and went on my way. It was beautiful and filled with so many different types of Pokémon. The grass rustled and out popped a Chansey, the pokeball throw was perfect, the Chansey barely struggled as the ball stilled. I had caught Chansey! At that moment I felt the day was only going to get better, oh boy, how wrong I was.

The buzzing of beedril overhead drew my attention, there were so many of them and they did not seem happy to see me standing there. They started to DIVE BOMB me. Seriously, I didn’t do anything wrong, but they saw it as their duty to put the poor trainer in her place. I dove to the ground to avoid their attacks. At that same moment the straps of my backpack break. Not sure if it was because of poor quality or I am just a pack rattata, but the bag lay off to the side of me. It held all my pokeballs, camping equipment, and food. The annoying beedril dove down and STOLE my bag. To keep me from chasing after them, a few of their platoon started to use poison sting on me. It was all I could do to avoid the attacks. I had to run to a river and jump in, hoping that they would leave if they could not get to me.

Finally, they left, so I thought I was safe, but NO, the water Pokémon in the stream were not happy that I disturbed their leisurely swim. In that river, I experienced bite, tackle, water gun, and splash. It is something I don’t want to ever experience again. I got out of that river so fast; one would have thought I learned the move quick attack.

I was running away so quickly that I ran head first into a kangaskhan. The impact knocked me to the ground, and there looming above me was one angry Pokémon. Before it could call for backup to torment little ol’ me, I raced away in the opposite direction. My time in the park was running short and I needed to find my things.

However, it seemed the safari zone had other ideas for me. With each turn, I encountered more hordes of Pokémon, and they all seemed to be more pissed off than the last. Let me tell you, being hit by cubone’s bone club is no walk in a park.

To top off the terrible day, it seems other trainers were noticing how I “disturbed” the Pokémon and called Officer Jenny on me! I spent the night in a jail cell since all my stuff was gone and I could not prove that I was not a poacher. Finally, they found my stuff; the beedril had hidden it in a very tall tree. I was able to prove that I was a trainer, and they let me off with a warning to never return to their establishment.

So, that concludes my tale of unlucky woe within the Safari Zone. Never again will I think of the park as a place full of wonder adventure. I am still trying to see if I can learn the move amnesia and forget the entire experience.  

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:10 pm
Username: Revolutionary Roniel
Have you won a soquili?: Yes
Have you won a familiar?: No
Entry:

It wasn't my first time in the safari zone. It wasn't my last either, but I think it was my most memorable. I'd hoped to find a shiny. Maybe even a dragonair. Of course, I'd been looking for a dragonair for months now, and so far, no good. It didn't seem like I'd get one that day, but again, I couldn't have predicted what did end up happening.

It all started out like usual. Pokemon stored away, but rocks, bait, and safari balls at the ready. Into the safari zone I went, keeping in my mind a picture of the path I would take. I walked as fast as I could, almost at a jog. With only limited time, every moment needed to count. There was a particular patch of tall grass that my friend had claimed to see a dragonair in once. She wasn't always the most accurate source of information, but it was all that I had. I was almost there when I saw someone, another trainer. This in itself wasn't unusual, but the expression of distress on his face was. He was pink-cheeked, like he might have been crying a minute or two ago.

"Hey," I called out to him. "Are you ok?"

Seeing me, he hurried over, his stress becoming all the more evident. "You have to help me," he said, gasping like he was out of breath. "She's gone! My Kunna ran off!"

"Kunna...?" I frowned, confused. Was kunna a type of pokemon I wasn't familiar with, one that had evaded capture?

"Yeah," he replied. "She's a litten. I brought her with. I didn't think she'd go anywhere, but she got spooked by a pinsir, and I haven't seen her in over an hour. I'm afraid..." His voice choked up and his eyes began to mist over. "I'm afraid that something happened to her. It's dangerous out here, y'know? There's a lot that could hurt her."

Litten. He'd brought a litten here, of all places? I wanted to smack myself in the head. First, we weren't allowed to bring any of our own pokemon into the safari zone. Second, why on earth would he bring a low-level poorly trained pokemon that didn't even know to stick by its trainer?!

"All right," I said, more to buy myself time than anything else. "Where did you last see her? Let's start back there and retrace your steps." It was the best plan I could come up with, and he didn't have any objections. We walked through the safari zone, and I listened as he told me the story of how he had gotten this litten as a gift, and how he couldn't stand to put her in danger long enough to train her, and all sorts of other stories that added up to a lot of sentiment and not a lot of sense. Oh well. I'd met a lot of "trainers" like that. Heck, I wasn't always the most strategic trainer myself.

We hadn't gone far when there was a rustle in the grass. The other trainer perked up, but it was just a parasect, peering up at us with eerie blank eyes. I didn't feel the need to try to catch that one. I didn't need to catch the tangela either. I started to throw bait at a psyduck, only to see my companion grow so distressed at the delay that I gave it up and went back to the trail again. We reached the spot where he'd lost his litten, passed it, and walked on even more, enough that I was starting to give up hope that either of us would see the little pokemon again.

That's when I spotted something. A black and red form curled on top of the sinuous coils of something long and blue.

It was the litten. A litten napping on top of a dragonair that it seemed to have befriended.

"That's her," whispered the other trainer, eyes wide with both hope and trepidation. "Did you bring any pokemon? We have to scare away the dragonair before he hurts her!"

"Of course I didn't bring any pokemon," I hissed back, annoyed at his rule breaking all over again. "And don't you dare scare the dragonair away." It was my own turn to catch my breath, awed at the discovery of what I'd been searching for so long. "He's perfect, and he's mine."

I tossed some bait near the dragonair. It was close, but not close enough. The dragonair didn't even seem to notice, dark eyes lidded, as if asleep. Barely daring to breathe, I tossed one closer. The dragonair stirred, blinking as if suddenly noticing us, though I suspected he'd been aware of us for longer than we had been of him. He quested his head out curiously towards the bait, unwinding himself, yet not disturbing the litten that still lay atop him. He sniffed the bait, ate it, then eased himself forward to eat the second bait too.

I rolled another bait at him, watching as it bounced off the ground to roll to a stop against him. I slowly, ever so slowly, pulled a safari ball off my belt. Part of me wanted to bait it once more, but the other part of me couldn't wait. I tossed the safari ball, saw it envelope the dragonair with its strange glow, and clenched my hands into fists as the ball began to gyrate on the ground, dragonair fighting against its bonds. "Stay in there... stay in there..." I chanted, not even aware that I spoke.

"Kunna!" the other trainer surged forward, ignoring my cry of warning and rushing to grab his litten. She chirped with joy as he swept her into his arms. It would have been a beautiful reunion had that not been the moment that the dragonair burst from the pokeball.

"GET AWAY!" I yelled, hearing the dragonair's indignant shriek, and seeing it start to glow with an upcoming attack. I didn't have time to think. I picked a rock off the ground and threw it, knocking it squarely against the side of dragonair's head. The dragonair's head whipped to face me, and I shrank back in fear as it became obvious that I was now the focus of his wrath.

It spat out an attack. Was that dragon rage it used, or something else? I didn't have time to figure it out. I scrambled out of the way, hands grasping at my belt for the pokeball containing my serperior... which of course I'd left back at the entrance. Seeing the dragonair ready another attack and knowing I didn't have time for second guesses, I grabbed another safari ball instead. I threw it with all my might, and almost cheered when the dragonair once more disappeared into its digital interior.

I didn't know where the other trainer was and didn't care. The ball shook violently, like the dragonair was launching its attack against the pokeball instead of at me. It shook again, and I was sure it was about to shatter. Then... it slowed. To my utter shock, its movements grew more gentle, until finally it settled and was still. I'd caught it.

I walked forward almost reverently, picking up the now full pokeball and feeling its weight in my hands. The idiot with the litten was gone, hopefully to run home and never set foot in the safari zone again. Here I was with the pokemon I'd searched so long for. On my pokedex, a question popped up.

WOULD YOU LIKE TO GIVE THIS POKEMON A NICKNAME?

I smiled to myself, knowing exactly what to type. "Kunna," I said as I entered the word. If it was good enough for the litten that led me here, it was good enough for my dragonair too.

And that was how the rule breaking of another trainer got me Kunna, my dragonair, someday to be Kunna, my dragonite. It was my most stressful time in the safari zone, but in the end, it was also one of the best.

Nayci generated a random number between 1 and 2 ... 2!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:07 pm
So, if I had more prizes to give away, I definitely would. I loved each and every entry so much! But alas, there can only be three winners~

In first place we have SkyDragono! I loved the fact that your story transcended past just the safari zone and became something more. Since you've already won your familiar you win the lovely mare colored by Deejaye!

SkyDragono
User Image

And since I can't decide on second and third place I'm going to roll between my top two, Irish Night Fox and belloblossom! Whoever I roll gets first pick of the familiars. The remaining familiar will go to who I did not roll.

1. Irish Night Fox
2. belloblossom  

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:09 pm
The RNG gods have spoken! belloblossom you've won first pick of the two familiars. smile Irish Night Fox, you'll get whichever familiar is remaining~ Congrats everyone!!

belloblossom

Irish Night Fox

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:21 pm
Nayci
And since I can't decide on second and third place I'm going to roll between my top two, Irish Night Fox and belloblossom!

Awwwww!! Thank you! emotion_kirakira It was a ton of fun to write for so thanks for a neat game! :3 Congrats to the other winners as well! heart  

Irish Night Fox

Chatty Regular

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:00 pm
Omigosh, thank you so much! I would very much love the Shiny Butterfree birb! heart  
Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff