View Results

longaps

Relentless Gaian

33,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:42 am
Bought a new (to me) vehicle over the weekend. It is a 2014 Rav 4 LE AWD which cost $325.00 monthly for 84 months or $27,300 total, even though the sticker price was $21,999 and they supposedly reduced it to $20,999 when I showed them Kelly Blue Book for the same vehicle. Don't you just love financing?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:03 pm
longaps
Bought a new (to me) vehicle over the weekend. It is a 2014 Rav 4 LE AWD which cost $325.00 monthly for 84 months or $27,300 total, even though the sticker price was $21,999 and they supposedly reduced it to $20,999 when I showed them Kelly Blue Book for the same vehicle. Don't you just love financing?
You went to the dealership didn't you? Ya they are great at racking you across the coals. Financing through a bank later down the road might save you money over the long run.  

Priestess Hanajima

Agile Seeker

7,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

longaps

Relentless Gaian

33,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:56 am
Priestess Hanajima
longaps
You went to the dealership didn't you? Ya they are great at racking you across the coals. Financing through a bank later down the road might save you money over the long run.
Yeah that is my plan. My credit union said they only need the paperwork from the dealer which refuses to send it me before I make my first payment.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:31 pm
longaps
Priestess Hanajima
longaps
Yeah that is my plan. My credit union said they only need the paperwork from the dealer which refuses to send it me before I make my first payment.
I'd go in, in person. They can't say no to you in person.  

Priestess Hanajima

Agile Seeker

7,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

longaps

Relentless Gaian

33,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:27 pm
Priestess Hanajima
longaps
Priestess Hanajima
longaps
Actually I was in person. They told me to my face that I could either buy it right then and there or go through my credit union but I wouldn't be able to drive away that day. Sometimes I think I am too much of a push over.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:45 pm
longaps
Priestess Hanajima
longaps
Priestess Hanajima
longaps
Actually I was in person. They told me to my face that I could either buy it right then and there or go through my credit union but I wouldn't be able to drive away that day. Sometimes I think I am too much of a push over.
=( What jerks! I feel the same way about myself...about being a push over. it takes time. and mental coaching. you'll get there have faith.  

Priestess Hanajima

Agile Seeker

7,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

longaps

Relentless Gaian

33,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:05 am
Priestess Hanajima
longaps
Priestess Hanajima
longaps
Priestess Hanajima
longaps
=( What jerks! I feel the same way about myself...about being a push over. it takes time. and mental coaching. you'll get there have faith.
For me, anyways, it is a matter of picking my battles. I have dealt with many similar things in my life and it seems to me that the best thing is to not get angry but instead focus on what I want and work towards that end. I will probably switch to my credit union at a later time if they can offer a better deal. Like any large financial purchase, it can be refinanced later if wanted. And besides, I did talk them down $1,000 off the initial cost.  
Poll Guild of DOOM

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games