Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Hangout With Vice Captain Kaya! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:57 am
angelmage99
KayaLing

That's fair. Lol. First thought would have been that they were from those cons' locations. Second thought would have been that they travel outside of state/province or even internationally to cons.

Oh, that's cool! How was AX? Assuming that you went. ^^;;

Well here's how you can break a list like mine down. First of all there are a lot more cons in Seattle, Portland, or Spokane, but why don't I go to any more. Which then means it's because I don't have the money to go to them, which points I don't live in those locations. The next hint I give you is a con in the middle of nowhere. Which would present the question on why I would go to that con.

AX was not my favorite con by far. I probably would put it as my least favorite only because I don't go to many cons.

Ah, okay~ :0 I'm not too well verse about the cons that you attend, but with those hints and the approximate time to get to my area, I think you're in Pasco?

Awe~ D: How come? Is it too crowded or just not the style of con that you're used to?

AX is actually a con that I would love to attend eventually since I have at least one American friend, who is a Kingdom Hearts cosplayer, that goes to it. Her and I hope to cosplay together from Kingdom Hearts (or maybe even Final Fantasy XV) one day. :3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:01 pm
angelmage99
smithers456
angelmage99
KayaLing

That's fair. Lol. First thought would have been that they were from those cons' locations. Second thought would have been that they travel outside of state/province or even internationally to cons.

Well here's how you can break a list like mine down. First of all there are a lot more cons in Seattle, Portland, or Spokane, but why don't I go to any more. Which then means it's because I don't have the money to go to them, which points I don't live in those locations. The next hint I give you is a con in the middle of nowhere. Which would present the question on why I would go to that con.

AX was not my favorite con by far. I probably would put it as my least favorite only because I don't go to many cons.

Their are a lot of cons that I would really like to go to like Anime Central in Chicago, and Colossal Con in Sandusky Ohio. Money and time stops me from those so currently I go to only Youmacon in Detroit.

Well if money permits, I think I'll try to go to a Calgary con or if it doesn't there are still 3 or 4 cons within a 4 hour drive that I haven't gone to yet. So I may go to one of them.

If you guys ever come up here, let me know. It would be cool to meet you at a con. That and I know some pretty interesting places, which are near (walking distance to) con locations here, to check out as a cosplayer and/or photographer. ^^  

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:29 pm
KayaLing
angelmage99
smithers456
angelmage99
KayaLing

Their are a lot of cons that I would really like to go to like Anime Central in Chicago, and Colossal Con in Sandusky Ohio. Money and time stops me from those so currently I go to only Youmacon in Detroit.

Well if money permits, I think I'll try to go to a Calgary con or if it doesn't there are still 3 or 4 cons within a 4 hour drive that I haven't gone to yet. So I may go to one of them.

If you guys ever come up here, let me know. It would be cool to meet you at a con. That and I know some pretty interesting places, which are near (walking distance to) con locations here, to check out as a cosplayer and/or photographer. ^^

Same here if you ever come to my neck of the woods.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:38 pm
KayaLing

I thought I'd give an update about the boy that I like. I know we talked about it, but I don't know where we left off.

The main point of this that I'm hitting my head because nothing has happened.

1st try- Other guy who likes me (Guy E), but I don't return the feelings, wouldn't leave me alone with the guy I like (Guy D). gonk

L.A. Trip

2nd try- High School friend and a friend of a friend wouldn't leave us alone. They now know to back off when I ask them too. scream (Really they are more like in on it)

3rd try- Passed a small strip of paper to him with some candy, walks away, gets outside and realizes that he probably thought I just gave him garbage. xd

4th try (coming soon)- Pass him a bag with some of his favorite candies and a large note inside. cool  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:18 am
angelmage99
KayaLing

I thought I'd give an update about the boy that I like. I know we talked about it, but I don't know where we left off.

1st try- Other guy who likes me (Guy E), but I don't return the feelings, wouldn't leave me alone with the guy I like (Guy D). gonk

L.A. Trip

2nd try- High School friend and a friend of a friend wouldn't leave us alone. They now know to back off when I ask them too. scream (Really they are more like in on it)

3rd try- Passed a small strip of paper to him with some candy, walks away, gets outside and realizes that he probably thought I just gave him garbage. xd

4th try (coming soon)- Pass him a bag with some of his favorite candies and a large note inside. cool

I think we left off from girl flirting with the guy you like? I'm not sure though.

Oh, wow! That's a lot of work yet no progress. owo At least, your friends know when to back off now and be better "wingmen" when you're around the guy that you like. Hopefully, 4th try will do the trick. ^^

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:44 pm
KayaLing
angelmage99
KayaLing

L.A. Trip

I think we left off from girl flirting with the guy you like? I'm not sure though.

Oh, wow! That's a lot of work yet no progress. owo At least, your friends know when to back off now and be better "wingmen" when you're around the guy that you like. Hopefully, 4th try will do the trick. ^^

Yeah. My love life is comical at this point.

I'm going to adjust my 4th try. I'll see if I can talk to him while we're working as kitchen aides, since it's a bit of sitting around and waiting till they need us to help serve. If all else fails then through the note and bag of candy at him.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:25 am
Otakon is in less than three weeks, and I have all the major obstacles out of the way, at least... gonk

edit: also, new .sig. THANKS, OBAM^h^h^h^h^h^PHOTOBUCKET.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:03 am
angelmage99
KayaLing
angelmage99
KayaLing

L.A. Trip

I'm going to adjust my 4th try. I'll see if I can talk to him while we're working as kitchen aides, since it's a bit of sitting around and waiting till they need us to help serve. If all else fails then through the note and bag of candy at him.

Don't give up hope! You got this!

That sounds like a solid plan! Good luck!

Keep me updated on the status. :3

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:12 am
OnsenMark
Otakon is in less than three weeks, and I have all the major obstacles out of the way, at least... gonk

Man, do I feel you!

Animethon is also less than 3 weeks away for me. I still have to make Reno's baton, hem Reno's pants, make some art for a special Sunshine Child (I don't need to, but I want to thank one of my favorite FFXV artists for being awesome. I love their watercolor art and their embodiment of Sunshine Child.), and pack. However, I have 9 days to finish since I'm visiting my grandma before Animethon begins.

Con crunch time is real~ @__@

Photobucket has started to suck ever since they have popup ads, way before their policy change. So, that's why I switched to Imgur. Thank goodness. I don't have to deal with Photobucket and their issues anymore. You should probably started to switch to another Image Host website.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:31 am
KayaLing
OnsenMark

Man, do I feel you!

Animethon is also less than 3 weeks away for me. I still have to make Reno's baton, hem Reno's pants, make some art for a special Sunshine Child (I don't need to, but I want to thank one of my favorite FFXV artists for being awesome. I love their watercolor art and their embodiment of Sunshine Child.), and pack. However, I have 9 days to finish since I'm visiting my grandma before Animethon begins.

Photobucket has started to suck ever since they have popup ads, way before their policy change. So, that's why I switched to Imgur. Thank goodness. I don't have to deal with Photobucket and their issues anymore. You should probably started to switch to another Image Host website.

Thanksfully, the only thing I need to do, cosplay-wise, is touch up my headscrew. I do have to mend some regular clothes, though. After that, I can officially start packing.

I'm hoping, though, that I don't actually have to work on the 9th, which will give me plenty of time to do last-minute laundry and grocery/sundry shopping. I hope.  

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:35 am
OnsenMark
KayaLing
OnsenMark

Man, do I feel you!

Thanksfully, the only thing I need to do, cosplay-wise, is touch up my headscrew. I do have to mend some regular clothes, though. After that, I can officially start packing.

I'm hoping, though, that I don't actually have to work on the 9th, which will give me plenty of time to do last-minute laundry and grocery/sundry shopping. I hope.

Oh that's good! You're doing way better in crunch time than me. I'm the opposite to you. I need to finish cosplay/art stuff yet I pretty much have my food shopping finished for con. XD

Good luck with everything though! ^^

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:07 am
KayaLing
OnsenMark
KayaLing
OnsenMark

Man, do I feel you!

Oh that's good! You're doing way better in crunch time than me. I'm the opposite to you. I need to finish cosplay/art stuff yet I pretty much have my food shopping finished for con. XD

Well, I was done with the grocery shopping I needed to do before I left, and then I got peckish yesterday and ate some of it.

To be fair, the P3 packs with the peanuts, jerky, and sunflower seeds are pretty awesome. sweatdrop  

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:35 am
OnsenMark
KayaLing
OnsenMark
KayaLing
OnsenMark

Man, do I feel you!

Well, I was done with the grocery shopping I needed to do before I left, and then I got peckish yesterday and ate some of it.

To be fair, the P3 packs with the peanuts, jerky, and sunflower seeds are pretty awesome. sweatdrop

Ah, I see. XD But one always need food to eat, so that's understandable!

That sounds pretty yummy. Not sure it's because I'm hungry right now or me having assorted trail mix at work for the past week or you talking about those P3 packs, but I now want some sort of trail mix. I should probably go eat those pancakes that my aunt made a hour or so ago... >w>

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:34 pm
KayaLing
angelmage99
KayaLing
angelmage99
KayaLing

L.A. Trip

Don't give up hope! You got this!

That sounds like a solid plan! Good luck!

Keep me updated on the status. :3

Well here's the update.

I couldn't say anything to him so I handed him the letter.

He's kind of a gentleman so he probably wont say anything until he sees me next.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:47 am
Otakon is next week, and I'm bouncing off the walls. I'm going to be busy getting things together, though. sweatdrop  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff