Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss me?
  Yes!
  No.
  I don't remember...
  I don't know you. Sorry.
  So THAT'S why we haven't had a Random Topic of the Week in forever!
  You little traitor... >_>
  What are you, a ninja? O.o
  Hey! Don't you still get triggered by "Mr. Tweety-Wing"? >w>
  I haven't been on Recolor before/lately. What's it like?
  Obligatory "OTHER" option because you're getting free gold anyway.
View Results

Catkid_neo

Magical Cat

10,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:29 am
I'M BAAAAAAAAAACK!!!

Sorry that I've ghosted for... two years, was it? Hmmm... >_>
Anyway, I'm surprised that I'm still logged on to this site after all this time. The reason that I've returned was because of some talk about a new currency being implemented on Gaia some time soon and the folks at Recolor's GD have been talking about it. Then, I've decided to look around a bit and see what has (and hasn't) changed since I've disappeared.

In summary of my life developments...

• Mom and Dad both got new jobs (at a rehab center in another city and at a gold mine, respectively).
• WE'VE FINALLY GOT A NEW HOUSE!!! We've been looking for so long and then, when we've found one that we wanted, we've gone through so many hurdles to own it! We're currently in the process of house renovations.
• Speaking of houses, I've been making myself some house plans because I want my own space to live in. Once they're finally complete, we'll get started on the long process of building it all from scratch.
• I've gotten some job training at a Voc Rehab that's near Mom's workplace and not only have I unexpectedly gotten a new boyfriend from there (we've been dating for ten months now), I've also gotten a job at the local library! I've been working as a page for over four months now and I love it! >w<
• My little sister is going to Paris this Tuesday and will be staying there for ten days. She is currently a college student majoring in horticulture, has a boyfriend from high school whom she sometimes lives with (he still lives with his big family), and has a job at a Salsarita's (it's kind of like Chipotle). By the way, she and her boyfriend were Prom Queen and King of 2015.
• My older sister and her boyfriend are house-hunting! They need more space for their stuff and their dogs.
• My grandfather (Dad's side) had a health scare because a piece of a lung brush got stuck in his colon. We've reconnected with some of my relatives from Dad's side because of that.
• I've finally gotten my stupid ganglion cyst removed and I have a surgical scar to prove it! >w>
• I've lost my oldest uncle (Dad's side) to a brain tumor that we've thought to have been removed completely. I've painted a portrait of my oldest cousins, but I've put off delivering it to Hawaii for too long and I still don't know what to do with it. ;^;
• Some of my older cousins have gotten married and have kids now! Not only that, I've gotten a new baby cousin and a long-lost relative from another state who thought that he didn't have any living relatives. I've got too many to list at this time, but I'm happy about this! ^w^
• My grandmother (Mom's side) has sustained injuries that have made her unable to move as easily as she used to, which means that she has to rely on either her walker or her wheelchair to move around outside of her heavily cluttered house. I've been worrying about her from time to time because I've been closer to Mom's side of the family than Dad's side and I blame myself for not stopping her from a fall that had caused many of those injuries. TT^TT
• I've caught up with Pokémon Sun and Moon. It was awesome!
• I've had a dream that made me realize that I may possibly actually be bisexual. I'd go into details about this dream, but that may not be safe for work. >~>;

So, that's it for now. Feel free to ask questions!

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:35 am
Yeah, the 2 to whom Lanzer sold Gaia Interactive sold it back to him. They are Money Vampires who buy companies to make as much money as possible off of them to the point of ruining the company in the process. Apparently they decided Gaia had finally made as much as it could for them and decided to sell it cheap like they do every company they've owned.

Anyways now that Lanzer is back in charge things are looking good for Gaia. The new currency won't completely replace Gold. Apparently they are gonna give you the option to switch between the two whenever you want. Tho you can only receive better site rewards if you are using the new currency. According to Lanzer's post, they are creating a new algorithm that will automatically adjust the site rewards for the various things you do on the site based on Marketplace pricing, so that we can better afford more items being sold on the MP.  

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

cool4

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:40 am
Sounds like you've been busy having a good life.

I've been with my boyfriend coming up to 5 years, and 3 years from when he moved in with me. Though now we're temporarily long distance for the next 3 months. So I've been missing him.

I Start a new job next week which drastically changes my morning commute. Meaning I can make a bunch of lifestyle changes.  
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:35 pm
Welcome baaaack!! 4laugh  

-Jacksteer-

Sparkly Fatcat

15,225 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 8:51 am
Welcome back! Sounds like you and your family have been busy in the meantime. I'm actually way behind on the Gaia announcements, so the currency thing is new to me. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:16 pm
Welcome back, Catkid! biggrin Sounds like life has been progressing for ya.

I'm pretty interested in seeing how this solution to the hyperinflation works out. Especially since I've recently been taking Macro and Microeconomics (as prerequisitves for the MBA program at San Jose State University, which I was accepted into for Fall 2017).

Life's been progressing for me too. Yesterday I popped the question of having children with my roommate/best friend/living partner and he said he was cool with the idea of helping raise them in a more "uncle-esque" capacity. He's afraid of commitment (thus why he doesn't want to equate us as "boyfriends" or "husbands" but admits we are in a "platonic relationship"-- read as: intimate and affectionate, but not sexual). We intend to get a house sometime in the near future, funds allowing. We've been going on a lot of fun motorcycle trips all over the California landscape on the weekends; for August we plan to do our longest haul to Vegas. cool

P.S. It'd be fun to have the "Random Topic" back. Even if you scaled it back to monthly or biweekly instead. smile  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:15 pm
Hello again! biggrin

Good to hear that things are going well for you.

I've been busy working two part-time jobs and volunteering as a Cat Socializer at the local animal shelter/adoption center. Occasionally I've been seeing movies or other productions at either the movie theater I work at or the local one; some of them have been pretty awesome to see (i.e. Benedict Cumberbatch in Hamlet and Frankenstein [as the Monster]). I try to squeeze in some reading and catch up on some of my TV shows. Other than that, not much has been going on in my life.  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games