Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.
Gaia Economy Project?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think this will work?
  Yes
  No
  Maybe
View Results

Raven of the Darkened Sky

Playful Phantom

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:54 pm
Not sure how many of you have seen this. Lanzer seems to be trying to address our crazy economy. My suggestion is at the bottom of page 49. What are your thoughts?  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:37 pm
Sounds like it will be a royal pain in the a** to keep up with. I'm not a fan of the new currency idea. If anything it comes off as a lazy fix.
We need gold sinks and mass re-releases to put a ton of items back into circulation.
Majority of stuff on my wishlist has zero listing or very few listings that are jacked up to insane prices.
We also need to start nerfing gold payouts...
Once it's implemented I'm sure people are going to raise hell about it.  

Qwertea
Vice Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500

Playful Phantom

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:51 pm
Dogoda
Sounds like it will be a royal pain in the a** to keep up with. I'm not a fan of the new currency idea. If anything it comes off as a lazy fix.
We need gold sinks and mass re-releases to put a ton of items back into circulation.
Majority of stuff on my wishlist has zero listing or very few listings that are jacked up to insane prices.
We also need to start nerfing gold payouts...
Once it's implemented I'm sure people are going to raise hell about it.

Naturally! Everyone loves to complain, but no one wants to fix our problems. :roll I feel like we'd need to stop gold payout (other than daily chance type of stuff), completely convert to the new currency, have a massive gold sink or two, and release items. Combined, that should get us off to a good start. But it doesn't sound like the end goal is to convert our currency. Not sure if I understand the point.  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 2:58 pm
While I agree that our market needs a "second wind" of sorts and that we need re-releases, I also find Lanzer's initiative interesting, and what he's been doing is a slow process for an economy that's been broken for how long ? 3 or 4 years ? I don't expect an overnight change since what the last administration did to the site gave permanent scars to Gaia which'll take a while to heal out.

It's good to know that the people who actually care in all senses about the community are back to put it back on its place.

And I take the opportunity to apologize for my sudden disappearance during those dark times. We did our best but the "bad guys" won that battle. sad

There are already some good gold sinks, like the non-GCash shops becoming as resourceful as the Cash Shops and there's the Lake Kindred game, where you can buy pets and other stuff with gold and you can win RIGs through them.
There's also this "Sticker Event" and the "Runway", which I also found to be really good ideas.
You may argue that "that's not enough" but IMO they're doing a slow but good job nonetheless. It's far from what we wanted at first but at least we're getting somewhere.  

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

Playful Phantom

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 5:05 pm
TheJesterGuy
While I agree that our market needs a "second wind" of sorts and that we need re-releases, I also find Lanzer's initiative interesting, and what he's been doing is a slow process for an economy that's been broken for how long ? 3 or 4 years ? I don't expect an overnight change since what the last administration did to the site gave permanent scars to Gaia which'll take a while to heal out.

It's good to know that the people who actually care in all senses about the community are back to put it back on its place.

And I take the opportunity to apologize for my sudden disappearance during those dark times. We did our best but the "bad guys" won that battle. sad

There are already some good gold sinks, like the non-GCash shops becoming as resourceful as the Cash Shops and there's the Lake Kindred game, where you can buy pets and other stuff with gold and you can win RIGs through them.
There's also this "Sticker Event" and the "Runway", which I also found to be really good ideas.
You may argue that "that's not enough" but IMO they're doing a slow but good job nonetheless. It's far from what we wanted at first but at least we're getting somewhere.

I agree with you. There is a lot to change. It is hard figuring out where to start! Though I'm not sure if this will really make any sort of change. And don't worry, I nearly quit but returned after a long hiatus. You are not alone. wink

I like that there are so many ways to earn items. That is how I recovered after being gone so long. I don't pay a penny,and my inventory is flooded. If they could put higher quality items in the gold shops with prices that reflect said quality, that might also entice users. What they really need to do is stop flooding the market with gold. For example, I use the marketplace heavily as a vendor. I always disable the "Use GCash" option to prevent the perpetual creation of gold. If they could remove this feature when they roll out this new currency, that would also help significantly.  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 2:28 pm

I agree with you. There is a lot to change. It is hard figuring out where to start! Though I'm not sure if this will really make any sort of change. And don't worry, I nearly quit but returned after a long hiatus. You are not alone. wink

I like that there are so many ways to earn items. That is how I recovered after being gone so long. I don't pay a penny,and my inventory is flooded. If they could put higher quality items in the gold shops with prices that reflect said quality, that might also entice users. What they really need to do is stop flooding the market with gold. For example, I use the marketplace heavily as a vendor. I always disable the "Use GCash" option to prevent the perpetual creation of gold. If they could remove this feature when they roll out this new currency, that would also help significantly.

Like I said, it's a process, and I'm hopeful Lanzer and the others will someday fix at least some of the mess made by the former admins. Listening to the community is only the first step of the "journey" right ahead.

As for me, I went on hiatus due to the ridiculous increase in prices and the "mass exodus" from people to Solia and other places, including some of my friends here in Gaia like Zevox and iCupCake. But I appreciate your support. heart

I myself had only a mere 6 mil after I left and a few gold on one of my market mules. I sold some of my items and played the market with the credits of my cell phone. However now I'm really interested in these many ways to gain gold, since even the "Dumpster Dive" game now has some valuable stuff you can sell without forcing you to spend an dime on selling rare Cash Shop stuff.

I also disable the "Use GCash" for mostly of the stuff I sell through my mules and I think it should turn into an optional feature which you can turn on/off in your account settings instead of getting rid of it. IMO it's a hassle for some people but at the same time it's a convenience, you know, so you can "spare" some gold to something you wanna buy later on. Feel free to correct me on this subject.  

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

Playful Phantom

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 4:27 pm
TheJesterGuy

Like I said, it's a process, and I'm hopeful Lanzer and the others will someday fix at least some of the mess made by the former admins. Listening to the community is only the first step of the "journey" right ahead.

As for me, I went on hiatus due to the ridiculous increase in prices and the "mass exodus" from people to Solia and other places, including some of my friends here in Gaia like Zevox and iCupCake. But I appreciate your support. heart

I myself had only a mere 6 mil after I left and a few gold on one of my market mules. I sold some of my items and played the market with the credits of my cell phone. However now I'm really interested in these many ways to gain gold, since even the "Dumpster Dive" game now has some valuable stuff you can sell without forcing you to spend an dime on selling rare Cash Shop stuff.

I also disable the "Use GCash" for mostly of the stuff I sell through my mules and I think it should turn into an optional feature which you can turn on/off in your account settings instead of getting rid of it. IMO it's a hassle for some people but at the same time it's a convenience, you know, so you can "spare" some gold to something you wanna buy later on. Feel free to correct me on this subject.

I did the same when I returned. Now I rely on dumpster dive, did a ton of grinding in Lake Kindred, the daily chance, and the daily wing sticker things now. Plus, I was able to get bundles for voting in Runway every day so I could level my kin faster or sell for a nice profit. There are more ways, and boy does it help!

As for the "Use GCash" piece, I think it would be nice to completely disable it for those that never want to mark that option. I see your point, but I think until we can control the inflation that feature should be minimized or removed. All it does is generate more gold.  
🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games