[PRP] The Tree Screams Back [Deimos + Eckios] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:11 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Stop screaming!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:18 pm

This was a new part of the forest to Deimos. Normally he explored the area around his hive, but it had lately started getting more hazardous to do so. Hunters had taken to setting up traps, and if he wasn't careful he'd end up stepping in one. Therefore, he'd gone off in a different direction. The trouble with that was that he'd gotten lost, and... due to running into an unfriendly bear, had been separated from Thypion.

But it was a solvable issue, as far as Dei was concerned. He just needed to get to a place where he could see the sky. If he could see the stars, he could navigate his way home... the trouble was being able to see it in a forest with a thick canopy! After spending some time wandering aimlessly, he finally spotted a tree that looked like it might be climbable. He looked around, just to make sure no one was there, then started climbing it. As he rose higher, he picked up on a faint screaming sound in the distance. Great... just what he needed. Hopefully whatever it was would go in a different direction. He just needed to get high enough to see the sky, then plot a course back to his hive. Thypion would surely find him along the way, right?

leon_a_darkangel
lemme know if i need to change anything!!

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:50 pm
Eckios had wanted to go find something to do outside his den hive as a change of pace from his usual nightly routine. Using his powers inside as he'd learned as a baby was a bad idea and usually upset his Batfox Mom. Wandering around the woods, he would occasionally pause to see what some of the trees held in them if he gave them a rustle. A quick blast of sound waves usually shook most trees he'd learned much to the small child's amusement.

Batfox Mom did he best to not mind her little ones idea of having fun. He only concern was if they encountered anything lured in by the disturbance. On alert, she followed quietly along her wings neatly folded against her backside as she sniffed the air, the creatures fox-like muzzle shifted having picked up what smelled like another troll..although she was not entirely certain as it seemed faint.

The thick colorful canopy of trees and foliage was distracting. With his good eye he scanned around, looking for a good direction to head into the forest. Wary of the hunting grounds, the tealblood leaned into his lusus side as he contemplated his next move. "Hmm..Okay a few more then maybe we'll go hunting? Dat sound good Mom?" Perking up when she agreed, he decided maybe if he kept it up he'd find some fruit, or would simply have something to do.

Bouncing forward on a whim, the boy stood before a tree, planting his sneakers firmly as he squared his shoulders soome as if he was preparing to do something.

Inhaling a sharp breath he puffed his cheeks up mostly for show, before exhaling. A loud burst of air rushed forward, the waves hitting the tree he'd settled in. Kio hadn't thought to look up usually during his game antics..now had been no different. The sudden sound ended as he closed his mouth, tilting his head curiously wondering if anything would happen.

nepsah
rip. hope that works lol!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:16 pm

The screeching sound did not seem to go any farther away... but at least it had stopped, for the time being anyway. Deimos continued attempting to work his way to the top, finding that the tree he'd picked was harder to climb than initially anticipated. That was fine... he'd. Get up there anyway. Eventually.

Or, he would have, if the tree hadn't suddenly began shaking as a terrible sound erupted from below. He clung to the branch he was holding onto for dear life, yelping in alarm as the tree shook violently. What on Alternia had caused that!? Still frightened, he remained clinging to the branch as he attempted to look down-

Was that a troll? Or at least, legs that were probably attached to a troll. He hesitated for a moment, considering his options. If it wasn't, he could be in danger. If it was, he could still be in danger... If whatever just happened happened again he might get knocked out of the tree. He decided he might as well try option one. "H-Hello?" God, that sounded lame. He was still rather disoriented from the shaking and stumbled over his attempt to call out to whoever was below him.

leon_a_darkangel
rip in pieces dei

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:23 pm
Eckios tipped his head back, eyes going wide as he realized he'd encountered sometroll. Or he assumed so, they had a voice and sounded like that was the case as the tree had just screamed back at him! Alarmed the boy fell back on his rear, scooting back some as he tried to make out who was up there. "O-oh! I'm sorry I didn't know you were up in dat tree. My bad!!" He squinted at him, brows furrowing as he sat up when he realized it looked like another kid. Wait a s

"Say. Whatchya doing up there anyway?" Eckios inquired with a puzzled expression on the child's face.

BatFox Mom came closer as Eckios prattled on. Hopping up, her paws planted on the tree as she sniffed at the tree. Chittering at the boy in greeting, her wings expanded as he tail wagged slightly as she determined he didn't seem like a threat. Settling back down, she sat beside her ward.

"Mom says hi.." He mentioned as the boy stood back up, mildly embarrassed he'd toppled over in his own alarm at running into another troll. Eckios usually kept to himself, he hadn't met a lot of kids..especially ones that were up in tall fronds.

nepsah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:28 pm

Okay. It was another troll, and an easily startled one at that. Perfect. Deimos shifted a little to scoot down the tree to a lower branch so that he could get a better look at whomever it was.... but then froze up as the other kid's lusus arrived to check him out. Without Thypion around he wasn't exactly keen on getting close to any animals- lusii or not. So, he remained where he was, squinting down at both the lusus and the other kid- a fellow tealblood, by the looks of it.

"Was that you?" The realization that the scary sound had come from the other troll hit him suddenly. Was that really a thing that could happen? The next question earned a suspicious squint from Deimos. Should he tell the truth? It might get him home faster... "I was tryin' to see the sky." He stated. It was the truth, but... not so much that would reveal his predicament just yet. "...Hi. What's your name?"

leon_a_darkangel
rip in pieces dei

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:00 pm
Eckios looked back the way he came, and then back up the tall frond the other was still in up to the other boy. "Wat?" He asked as if he was confused. Realizing what the other likely meant his power his cheeks tinted with his darker shade of teal as he smiled sheepishly. "Yeah. That was me..um..I can make blasts of sound ya know?" Kio explained vaguely. He fidgeted with his hoodie sleeve nervously, giving the other boy a suspicious look as if he wasn't sure if he should tell him.

"Oh okay. I like lookin' at the stars..but there's too many trees in this part of the forest usually unless I'm on my hive roof." Eckios nodded in understanding seemingly.

"I'm Eckios Chivul! This is BatFox Mom. Nice to meetchya." He greeted, waving to the other somewhat shyly. Although it was accompanied with a friendly sounding chirp like noise much like the one his own lusii had used.

nepsah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:05 pm

"Oh." Deimos blinked. So it had been the other kid. He remained in the tree for a few more moments before deciding that he likely wasn't in danger... then started to climb down. "I was tryin' to uhh.... Figure out where this is." He plopped to the ground, then dusted himself off. "Deimos Somnus. Um..." He looked around- no signs of Thypion. Hopefully his lusus was okay... the bear wasn't as big as Thypion but still, it was a bear!

"Thypion- uh, my lusus, is around here somewhere." He didn't want to come off as totally alone, even if this kid probably wasn't a threat. Probably. "Do you look at 'em seriously or just like... 'cause they're pretty?" He pointed overhead, indicating that he was back on the topic of stars again. If Eckios also liked stargazing, perhaps this run-in was a good thing.

leon_a_darkangel
rip in pieces dei

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:55 pm
Eckios had dusted himself off some by the time the other climbed down. Standing again he considered what he said for a moment. "North side of the lake..you are close to this side communal village I dunno if dat helps?" He offered, wondering why the other was asking. Where was his lusii for that matter?

The question was answered in part a moment later. "We can look for them together if you wanna?" Eckios offered. "I wouldn't wanna be without my Mom..so I don't mind helping..ok?" He added as he then paused at the others last question.

"Well..I want to know more about them, they are pretty yeah. But space seems really neat." The boy smiled brightly at the other, his fingers lightly tugging at the others shirt. "Why do you ask?" Some of the initial reservations had been lifted, replaced by the promise of more on the topic.

BatFox Mom stood, giving a lazy stretch as she kept an eye on them, her ears alert as she let the children converse.

nepsah
;u;

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:24 pm

North side of the lake... he'd really gone far, hadn't he? Then again he had been running for a while to get away from the bear. "Uhh... if you wanna. He should be here soon." Crap, apparently being vague hadn't worked well enough- Eckios knew he was definitely unsupervised and therefore unprotected at the moment. "'Cause I look at 'em for serious. Like... mapping 'n stuff. I'm gonna be up there in the future." He nodded, glad for the subject to go back to stars again.

"Thypion should be.... that way." He pointed, further down the "trail", then started off in that direction. Hopefully Thypion would already be on his way over. In the distance the faint sound of roaring could be heard. Was... Thypion still dealing with the bear? His worry increased as he sped up a little. "Do you live around here...?"

leon_a_darkangel
rip in pieces dei

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:21 pm
Eckios gave a nod of understanding. "Murr?? Okay if he'll be here soon then that's cool." The boy blinked at the other as he looked over his shoulder, as if he was glancing around. Although he was not sure what he was looking for..what did a Thypion look like anyway? Eckios sure hoped Deimos knew, because he sure didn't.

Smiling, he seemed fascinated by the others remark. "Ohh mapping? Going..where? I dunno, but I wanna learn more about that and how to do that..! Would you show me?" He asked the other boy with a pleading tone to his voice. Eckios looked up towards the sky...his hand stretching out as if he'd reach for a star or two. His depth perception was poor, that however did not stop the boy from being curious.

Looking towards the way the other pointed out, Eckios moved towards that direction. Hearing a roar noise, Kio caught himself whimpering slightly as he followed after the other. "Y-yeah dat way." He gestured towards the direction his hive was in. "Are you from the Fronds?" Eckios inquired as he glanced back towards the direction of the roar. "That's awful loud...is that your lusus?" He asked worrying at his bottom lip.

BatFox Mom nudged her muzzle at the other tealblood, as if she could see his worry as they rushed along. She nosed at the other boy, giving his cheek a lick as if to try and comfort him before she turned her attention back on Eckios for now.

nepsah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:38 pm

"Gonna be up here. Y'know. With the stars 'n stuff. In space." Dei quirked a brow at Eckios, but.. nodded after a moment. "Okay, I can teach you, I guess. Its interesting. And if you get lost you can find your way home by lookin' at 'em." He turned back to focus on walking down the path, wringing his hands worriedly.

"Kinda. I live more in the murderwoods." He responded in a distracted tone. The roaring really had him upset... especially with how quiet things seemed to have gotten after a few moments. "Umm... maybe." He shrugged- he'd never heard Thypion make that kind of sound before, but he supposed it was possible...? Then again Thpyion had two heads, wouldn't there be two roars?

Batfox Mom's arrival caught him off guard- and the lick earned a startled yelp out of him. Was she going to eat his face or something? He scrubbed at his cheek, backing away from her hurriedly. A moment later loud crashing sounds in the distance started up- and seemed to be getting closer by the second. Soon enough, a large two-headed thylacine creature with a scorpion's tail emerged from the depths of the forest. One head focused in on Deimos, the other on Batfox Mom as if trying to figure out if she'd hurt him.

"Thypion..!" Dei immediately skittered forward, almost tripping over himself to get to his lusus. He seemed... hurt, but not so bad that he wouldn't be okay.

leon_a_darkangel

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:55 pm
Eckios's cheeks tinged a light shade of teal as he realized his question was sort of silly. "Oh. Right." He looked sheepish despite the tense situation and weird sound disturbance. "You really think that can happen...it's so far away." His eyes widened in surprise if not awe. Seeing the other tealblood nod, the other seemed relieved he'd agreed. "Really? I didn't know dat. Knowing about stars sounds super handy." Eckios pursed his lips, taking in the new information. So there was more to stars than just looking pretty after all. The boys voice trailed off as he fidgeted nervously as they walked along together.

The loud noises coming towards them made the boy jumpy. "I think I know what part of the forest you're talking about." While use to loud sounds from practicing with his powers, this was not his doing. Realizing his lusus had made the other shout again, he made a face. "She won't hurt you!" He promised, deciding the other sure did like to scream a lot.

When the large creature made itself known, Eckios made a noise of fear as he ran behind his lusus. A small soundwave had accompanied the action,the waves going sailing towards the canopy harmlessly. "Sorry...Mom does that to be friendly." Eckios promised as he peeked at the pair shyly. "Is your lusus okay..?" He tentatively moved forward noticing it seemed like it was roughed up a bit.

Batfox Mom turned her head, looking in the direction Thypion had come from. She bared her teeth as her wings spread. Moving forward she dashed passed the lusus and it's child. Landing on all fours her fur bristled...the under brush seemed to be rustling.

nepsah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:27 pm

Friendly... right. He supposed he had overreacted, which was embarrassing, but to cut himself some slack he was pretty on edge being separated from Thypion with no way of knowing if his lusus was okay. "I think he's okay. Just... a little hurt." He patted at his father, squinting a little to see if he could figure out how bad the wounds were. He wasn't really good with first aid... this might be a problem later. Thypion seemed a little bothered by the sound Eckios had emitted, but otherwise calmed down at Dei's patting.

He didn't have much time to do it though. As soon as Batfox Mom took off, Thypion nudged Deimos away with a paw and turned to face in the same direction, both heads growling lowly. "Thypion...?" Dei leaned to one side to peer around the two lusii, and... spotted the bear from earlier crashing through the underbrush toward them. "Oh no. We gotta go...!" He turned to Eckios, waving his hands. He scrambled back toward the other teal boy, then pointed at a tree not too far back that looked easy to climb. "Bear! Angry bear!"

leon_a_darkangel

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:47 pm
"I guess cuz I'm use to it not everybody is...ya know?" Eckios seemed to look at him worriedly. He wanted to make a new friend, not make them have a reason to rather not. Relieved to hear the others lusus was mostly well, he did wonder what could have caused such large creature any sort of trouble. For what it was worth all things considered it hadn't been a bad way to meet sometroll..at least he hadn't knocked him out of the tree he'd found him in.

Looking sheepish from the sound omission, Eckios kicked at the ground with his sneakers. However the relaxed tone vanished as he heard the growl and his and the other boys lusus rush forward. "Noo! Batfox Mom!" He whined as he fidgeted nervously. Despite the protest, he kept a hand over his mouth encase he accidentally screamed or yelled wrong to further hinder the already difficult situation. Reaching for his lusus he looked panicked as the fight broke out.

Seeing the other wave his hand as his good eye flickered to him, it took him a moment to move as he was frozen in place from fear. Looking the way he pointed he ran with him over to the tree. Scrambling to climb, he found it as usual difficult to do. Growling softly in frustration he felt his hand grasp at air as he was rushing and it was hard to see. "J..just go up...! I will be fine." He fell back as he tried to deal with a branch that had hooked his curled still in tack horn. As much as he loved climbing, doing so in a rush made it hard.

nepsah

Alternia RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces