Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[Awakening PRP] A Little Dusty (Micah, Crou) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:29 pm
Micah was not asleep, although it was only by a few degrees. The steady humming quiet of the pod room tended to make him drowsy, even when he had brought something to do. He'd been looking at the same page of his magazine without actually seeing it for some unknown length of time when something started beeping.

He jolted upright, suddenly awake again, and tried to remember the process for what you were supposed to do if this happened. Check the screens to see what pod it was, get the clipboard and the printout and a pen, and go find the pod in question so that the newly hatched wouldn't be staggering around alone and confused. He would have some explaining to do, and as he trotted down the rows he ran over what he needed to say in his head and hoped he wasn't forgetting anything.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:35 pm
The beeping was indeed startling and Crou woke up swinging, small fists added more noise to the beeps and very soon after as the door immediately gave way, the dirty ragdoll of a human flopped face first into the hard ground. One wide bewildered eye gazed up at Micah as he approached. Her useless legs were all tangled up in the pod.  

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:49 pm
"Oh, for ******** sake," Micah grumbled, and put the clipboard down to help the woman up and disentangle her from the pod. "Here, get your feet under you. You been asleep a while."  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:56 pm
She managed to carefully get her legs awake enough she could place them under herself and looked like all of a newborn fawn. Probably about as dirty as one too. Everything felt like pins and needles and rubbery dough. It didn't feel great to be awake again, the physical aside, it was very disorienting waking up in what she could only mentally describe as the high-techiest place she'd ever seen in her life.

She couldn't even remember what she was dreaming about... swimming? Drowning? It's gone now. She looked at Micah with a surprised look perpetually frozen on her face. "Um... what year is it?" She seemed reluctant to so much as touch the pod again, even if it would be to keep from falling again.  

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:58 pm
Micah helped her get steady again, then scooped his clipboard back up. "It's 2017," he said. "What's your name?"  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:05 pm
Crou held onto him rather firmly. The pods seemed too untrustworthy.

2017?!... he wasn't kidding. She had been asleep for a while, years, in fact.

"I'm uh, my name is Crou." She held onto him with one hand while pulling the chest of her shirt out repeatedly as if airing herself out a bit. "Not spelled like the bird," she suddenly added awkwardly.  

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:09 pm
Micah marked something down on the clipboard and nodded at her. "Welcome to Deus ex Machina," he said. "What do you remember?"  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:43 pm
"um..." Good question. "I was offered a better job opportunity and asked to come here." It was very hazy, honestly. "I think I fought someone..." She couldn't remember if she'd won. "I was swimming?" Though that may have just been a dream.  

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:10 pm
"It's a lifelong job opportunity," Micah said, and gave her a sideways, sympathetic look. "You're gonna be a Hunter." The capitalization was audible. "Did you see shadows and s**t when you were growing up? It's all real, and that's what we're here to fight."  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:14 pm
"Oh..." Crou went dead silent for a while... like as long as she could get away with before receiving odd looks. "I guess that makes sense. It sounds right, anyway." She finally spoke before looking him over. "What about you?"  

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:17 pm
"Me?" Micah blinked, caught off guard by the question. "Uh. What about me?"  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:26 pm
She shrugged at him. "Nevermind."

"What now?" Her eyes wandered over his features searchingly. Was he going to put her right to work? Was he some sort of supervisor to her? Were there even supervisors at all in this line of work?  

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:29 pm
"No, what?" He sounded irritated.

"Next thing you gotta do is go meet your partner. I'll show you where. You'll know what to do when you're there." He hadn't been told what exactly he was getting into, and he wouldn't quite have believed it, anyway.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:50 pm
"My partner? Like an officer of some kind?" She deliberately avoided responding to his irritation, there was no way feeding into it would have had a positive outcome and she didn't even know how to best articulate her meaning which was simply all those questions right back at ya guy.  

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:11 pm
"Your weapon." He didn't explain further, because he hadn't gotten a whole lot of explanation himself, and anyway it was pretty damn hard to explain what a hunter weapon actually was to someone who didn't know. "Walking okay? Come this way."  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff