Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Close to the Vest (Terry and Kim)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:18 pm
When Terry woke from the pod, he simply laid there, unmoving but for an occasional blink or two. He couldn't believe it. He'd won. He wasn't a one-off dueler. He wasn't Mai Valentine, or Joey, or Tristan.

He'd been mother ******** Yami Yugi!

And he wasn't sure if it had really happened or if the golem he'd used had actually malfunctioned and caused him to hallucinate the whole thing. He was going to need some corroboration. Problem was, he wasn't even sure who had played and whether he'd played against them. Oh dear.

Eventually, he was forced out of the pod by some of the hunters there and before he knew it, he was on his feet and outside the room. Other hunters who'd participated seemed to either have already left or were still milling about. Terry wished he was the sort to proactively pursue a conversation in a hallway full of strangers.

Steal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:41 am
Kim had missed out. She was always missing out. Everyone gone different places. She heard something far too late about people borrowing Golems and getting to play games . Could she do that... No, of course not. She was slow.

Ugh, she felt like a petulant whining kid. She stalked down the halls, muttering under her breath about how she was bored and needed SOMETHING to do. Anything to do.

Then she saw some cards someone dropped. "What are these? Oh this was the game that people were playing. Cards?" Okay she was baffled. She slid down a wall, one knee bent to her chest as she looked at the random cards. "Hnn, reminds me of something. Yu-gi-oh... pokemon.. magic... all games she never got to play.

She bonked her head back against the wall and let out a sigh. "Blagh..."

Huni pi

Steal

Kindred Collector

25,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:01 pm
Terry had hoped someone would come up to him and ask him how his mission went, what sort of cards did he get, what build was his deck. Things that could easily be about anyone as much as it was about him. But no one did. Not that this came as any sort of surprise to the Life trainee.

Agata had been cooing at him from the back of his mind, fawning over his victory and making him feel damn proud and incredibly uncomfortable at the same time. Awesome rarely ever happened to him and it unnerved him.

He wanted to reassure himself from a less involved perspective that this did not mean he was going to suffer something horrific to counterbalance the happy. It was while he was heading back that he spied Kim.

She seemed preoccupied with something. He could easily just walk past her and wait for her to call to him, he assumed she was the sort. But he wanted some human (sorry Agata) company and figured this was the best opportunity to get it. He continued walking to purposely trip over Kim, throwing his arms forward to break his fall as he pitched forward, face-first.

Steal
Anime encounters ftw

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:22 am
Kim was of course still staring rather blankly at the cards when she was collided with, and suddenly embraced by the falling Terry who toppled her with the sudden shift in weight. She blinked as the cards scattered around them both and she landed on him. "Uh... Hello down there..."

She blushed slightly not yet getting up as she looked down at Terry's face. "Um... that was interesting.." She leaned over to get the cards that had fallen, before pushing herself back up and kneeling next to him. "Heh, and that is what I get for looking at these things.." She flapped the cards at him. "hey since you are down there maybe you can tell me what they are for?"

Huni pi

Steal

Kindred Collector

25,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:00 am
Terry was a tad too busy wishing for the floor to open up and swallow him to hear Kim's initial greeting. It was only when he became aware of a presence beside him that he regained enough awareness to overcome the massive amount of self-consciousness to turn and look at what the other hunter meant. Blue eyes rested upon the cards, "They're for playing." he answered, still on the ground and once again wishing he could sink beneath the surface out of sheer embarrassment.

Agata tried to console him by pointing how Kim wasn't laughing at him, but her own bubbling giggles made that a moot point.

"Attacking against your opponent. Like in Yugi-Oh." A beat. "They explained all this." He may have sounded just a tad bit annoyed at having to repeat what was an obvious thing to him. But he could also be projecting his own annoyance at his inability to resist gravity.

Steal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:11 am
Kim gave a sadly weak sigh and crossed her legs, still sitting on the ground herself. "Well, uh, but, I only played one game and... Though I won, I had no idea why."

She flushed in embarrassment realizing Terry must think she was an idiot. "Sorry, guess.. I must be wasting my time. I heard something about you... Winning with these things.."

She dropped the cards beside him and got up fast. Usually she would have got all bossy but this was the first time Terry had seemed to find her annoying and it stung. More so than she could put into words.

Huni pi

Steal

Kindred Collector

25,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:01 am
Terry suddenly found himself in a shower of cards. Instincts had him squeezing his eyes shut to protect them from unwanted paper cuts (even though he had a FEAR shield at this point, some things you just don't shake off ever). By the time he opened his eyes, Kim had gone.

s**t. Should he go after her? He really felt more like himself and at home on the floor. But then again, the weeb in him served as a reminder that Kim's yandere-esque aura would prove pissing her off to be catastrophic for him.

She would have gotten a good lead by the time Terry got to his feet. "Kim, wait," he called out to her.

Steal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:16 am
Kim heard Terry call out to her, and paused in mid step. She turned back, trying to hide how upset she was. She wasn't mad, she was hurt, but how to tell him that? The answer was clear. She didn't.

"Yes?" She turned around fully and looked at the man sitting on the floor in a scatter of cards. She suddenly felt like they were both teens and not adults. It was a strange eerie feeling. How do adults suddenly turn into teens when left in a building with only or mostly other adults?

She slowly walked back to Terry and knelt down. "Sorry..." She picked up a few cards. "I really don't know about these things. You acted like I was an idiot.."

Huni Pi

Steal

Kindred Collector

25,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:17 am
It was very easy to be physically adults but have the maturity of teenagers. Lack of situations and serious scenarios that required real depth made it difficult to grow. Terry tilted his head in confusion and concern, trying to find something in the archives of his memory of watched anime for the right sort of reaction.

Unfortunately, the life trainee came up blank. Almost all the anime he'd watched ended up with the guy getting flattened, beaten, slapped, punched, and/or a combination of the above. "There's nothing for you to apologize for," he began, helping Kim in gathering the cards. "And I'm sorry that I was short with you."

Steal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:23 am
Slowly the tension faded from Kim and she nodded, stacking the cards in her hand. To break the last of it though, she flicked Terry in the forehead. "Next time don't assume we all know everything."

She then sat down on the floor and laid out the cards in front of her poking at them. "Okay so if they are like Yu-gi-oh, then why do they have stranger markings?" She found these more complex since she was used to those cards only have HP and star value to summon than kill. These seemed to need other weird things.

"Teach me Sensai" She smirked a bit and looked at the cards again. "You are the supreme master so let me be your student." Her eyes were sparkling again and she seemed to be feeling better at least.

Huni Pi

Steal

Kindred Collector

25,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:42 am
"You would have to ask the creators of the cards," Terry answered, seriously considering all of Kim's questions. "I just somehow lucked out in becoming the grand champion. And learning a couple of things from an interesting student named Sammy." He didn't sound all too interested in elaborating, but there was a glint in his eyes that to a more observant individual meant ask me ask me for the love of everything, ask me!!!

Steal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:18 pm
Kim smiled and nodded his head. "Tell me about all of it. Really, I want to know." And the thing was, she wasn't just saying that, she really did want to know. She liked spending time with Terry and he seemed to enjoy and be proud of his prowess.

She slid closer to him and leaned close, idly tracing her fingers over his knee as she listened to him, keeping the cards spread out so he could use them to tell her about things using them as well.

There were others walking down the hall but it was strange that none of them seemed to even notice the pair, and it didn't matter since Kim didn't care about them. When Terry seemed interested in things he brightened and she could see the deep charm of him. He probably didn't know it himself but he was really attractive at moments like this.

Hey pest, you are going to start drooling if you keep looking at him like that. Put the tongue back in your mouth.

Shut up Chinthliss!!

Huni Pi

Steal

Kindred Collector

25,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:30 pm
Terry couldn't say he was an expert in the game or in the information but he relayed as much as he could about the things he gleaned from the zombie. There was talk of legacies, whatever those were, and all throughout he seemed completely oblivious of the way Kim was looking at him. Because at the heart of Terry, he was utterly a bland beta-male shounen protag.

Agata was sulking that her bonded was bonding with someone else. She was going to be very certain to remind her hunter whose weapon he belonged to.

Steal

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff