Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[ PRP ] Mark's Perpetually Long List of Favours (Sh, Jo, Me) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:43 pm
Text to Sherry

You're from life right?

Text to Sherry

Err can u meet me at lighthouse in 10 4 mission?

Text to Sherry

Cool ty!!

Text to Jordan

Hey we need a helping hand u up for it

Text to Jordan

Allan's MIA

Text to Jordan

Maybe u know how 2 find him?

Text to Jordan

Meet me at lighthouse in 10

Grifferie

prolixity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:55 pm
Zoobey
Text to: Mark
I don't know where he is, but I'll certainly help with finding him.

Jordan was at the lighthouse in slightly under ten minutes, wearing his coat and carrying his mission bag. He hoped that Allan had just gone off for a pocky and manga run, but he was aware that this was not the most likely possibility.  

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:57 pm
Sherry had been about to reply to the first message when the second came in, and she was contemplating that answer when the third one came in. Not that there was much to contemplate. Of course she'd show up if Mark asked. She grabbed her coat, did a double check of her usual equipment (flask, bandages), and headed towards the lighthouse.

Text from Sherry
To Mark:
Yes, Life. Yeah. Be there in a few.

It took her 12 minutes to get there, because it did. She nodded at everyone there. "Okay. What's up?" She asked.

Zoobey
: D

prolixity
: D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:06 pm
The scene was grim when they arrived at the lighthouse portal, and Jordan might have recognized some Sun Hunter faces, a few who waved to him as they talked with Mark.

When Sherry and Jordan arrived, the Death assistant motioned the two of them over to the half-circle meeting that was going on.

"Okay so um, I was explaining to these guys we had an SOS go out yesterday from the main Sun team, but nobody's made it back yet. We've tried the coordinate location, and we've tried everything around it, so we're sending out teams to search and investigate see if we can like, find anything." Mark looked surprisingly serious, though more tired was probably the word. "It's no good too, there's a massive titan on the move in the Sahara along with this horseman problem, you guys have to be super careful okay. Connor, Lea, Myron, Sherry, Jordan, that's a good team of like five. Sherry you'll get all the scan equipment, I'll be here if you guys see anything just yell to the headset, or if you need a portal bail. You guys got runics and everything you need?"

He took two more sips of his beer to try and stay awake.

Grifferie

Prolixity

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:13 pm
"Of course it's the Sahara," Jordan said, and did not sigh. The serious, tired look on Mark's face was also not a good sign. Well, there wasn't anything to be done for it. "I've got my equipment. Ready."

Zoobey

Grifferie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:25 pm
Sherry frowned. Between the somber Suns and Mark, it was clear that things were more serious than they'd looked at first glance. Sun team missing, Sahara, and the usual stuff there. Sherry nodded and glanced at the team. They could handle this, yeah.

"Okay," she said. "I'm ready, too. Where's that scan equipment?"

Zoobey

Prolixity

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:41 pm
Mark passed Sherry a tablet that was currently open on a mapping application. "Er, just like keep it running, it'll be scanning for you. Red is horsemen, orange is fear, anything else is either unknown or possible legacy. If you lost signal, try hitting rescan, if you have a good enough signal, you can also request a portal, and I should be able to receive the signal from it to get you guys out." A pause. "Seriously, don't lose that."

"Actually," said one of the Sun Hunters, looking even more somber, "Lea isn't here, she went with the main group."

The Death Assistant looked around. "Okay um, oh hey you over there, um, Marvin- Melvin, congrats, you're part of the team. Get your tech ready, you're in charge of any on the spot healing the team might need okay?"

He yawned twice. "Portal's up."

The other side of the portal was already night time, which was actually a relief, the temperature much cooler. They arrived at the outskirts of a small, modest oasis, just the bare trickles of trees and a pool of water surrounded by dense foliage. In the distance the sand broke into large stone pillars, curved around them almost as if they were standing in a very narrow valley.

"I'm Connor," nodded the red-haired Sun Hunter, at the other three, "and that's Myron." He pointed at a curly dark-haired Sun trainee. "Let's just spread out and see what we can find, don't go too far though."

"Do you think we'll- we'll see a horseman?" Myron asked out loud, eyes wide open, looking a little spooked.

OOC

Feel free to post in whatever order works/ roll as many times as you'd like!

Looking around: Roll 1d6 to look around! Whomever finds the entrance can report it by quoting Zoobey, otherwise match your dice results to below:

1: You find the entrance, you might have missed it if not for some unusual markings along the edge of a cliff. Brushing your hands against them open a door into the cliff.
2: You find some destroyed runic equipment, but it seems like it has been here for a while
3: As you get closer to the oasis, you find the water isn't clear but a strange opaque black. It doesn't seem to be drinkable, and touching the surface of the water is abrasive your fingers like rapidly dissolving acid.
4: You can hear weird clanging noises, like bells jingling in the distance.
5: For a second as you stare at the valley entranceway, you swear you see an even darker shape looming way, way higher than the valley itself. You can't describe the shape, maybe some sort of humanoid? - before it seems to disappear
6: You weapon reports unusually, that it feels very cold, like it is sleepy or tired. It seems to be talking to you from far away.

Moonkitsune
Melvin

Prolixity
Jordan

Grifferie
Sherry

prolixity rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:46 pm
Jordan waited till the others had gone through the portal, then stepped through himself, absently patting the barrier daggers strapped to his belt to be sure they were where he could get at them easily.

He nodded to Myron and Connor, and suggested, "Let's stay in small groups rather than splitting up entirely." To Myron, he said, "I hope not."

The water caught his eye as he got closer, and he knelt down to touch one fingertip to the black surface. It stung, and he hastily wiped it off in the sand. "Don't touch the water," he called back. "It's black and it seems acidic."

Quote:
3: As you get closer to the oasis, you find the water isn't clear but a strange opaque black. It doesn't seem to be drinkable, and touching the surface of the water is abrasive your fingers like rapidly dissolving acid.

Grifferie

MoonKitsune

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Grifferie rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:52 pm
"Okay," Sherry said, nodding at the tablet instructions. "Got it." Don't lose it, yeah she could handle that.

Melvin was given a nod as he joined the team. She was feeling better about this working with people she knew to be competent.

She was already looking down at the tablet as they stepped through the portal. It'd scan and yeah. Things would be fine.

"Yeah," she agreed with Jordan. "Small groups. Don't wander too far." With any luck, there would be no horsemen, no Titans, and nothing too bad all around. "Keep your eyes open."

Sherry herself was keeping one eye on the tablet. Nothing out of the ordinary so far.

Armagnac's voice sounded distant.

Sherry paused. Are you okay?

She sounded almost sleepy.

"Um," Sherry said, feeling a bit worried. "Is anyone's weapon acting unusual?" The tablet sure wasn't showing anything odd.

Quote:
6: You weapon reports unusually, that it feels very cold, like it is sleepy or tired. It seems to be talking to you from far away.

Prolixity

MoonKitsune

MoonKitsune rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:03 pm
Melvin had been doing lighthouse duty because it was the one job that required you to do mostly nothing while still looking like a productive member of Deus. Between this and getting lunch, his entire day was booked with laying face down in bed in the dark while blaring Twisting Turbine Metallic Hellscape's new album Satan's Blooddirp.

Not dressed to impress anyone, in sunglasses, jeans, and a t-shirt, Melvin was trying not to make eye contact with anyone. When Mark showed up with one group that left and then Jordan and another team arrived, he decided to just look straight ahead and then check his Spectre watch to see when his shift was over.

Marvin.

He tensed but didn't turn his head. It wasn't his name. 8 minutes left of my shift.

Melvin.

FML.

Melvin turned his head and frowned as he wasn't told he could go home, but was going along into the Sahara. Sahara was not bed. He didnt' want to go to the Sahara.

Frown deepening, he sighed with all the angst of a pre-teen and picked up some supplies from what was kept at the lighthouse and walked over. Maybe he could just hang out in the back ....and not die.

Not that it matters. Who cares.

He stepped through the portal and was glad it was dark. He kept his sunglasses on though.

Walking over, he looked at Myron and shrugged. "Just don't wander." Should they do a code for possible clones. "We should have a code word for if we encounter impostors. I suggest Never-ending Suffering."

This place.....is cold.

Yes, Saliva. It's the desert at night. It's a bit nippy. Why are you whispering?

...it's like ice....

"Uh.....Yeah. Saliva says it's cold. I can't make her out." He turned to Sherry. "Anything showing up on that?"

Grifferie

Prolixity

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

prolixity rolled 0-sided dice: Total: 0 (-0)

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:14 pm
((fail roll))  
prolixity rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:16 pm
"That's a pretty long code word," Jordan said to Melvin. "Maybe something shorter, like green light?"

He shook his head to the question, as Ferros reported nothing strange. "Ferros doesn't feel weird." Then he tilted his head slightly. "Uh - do you guys hear bells?"

Quote:
4: You can hear weird clanging noises, like bells jingling in the distance.

Grifferie

MoonKitsune

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Grifferie rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:21 pm
Sherry looked at Melvin. Sunglasses at night? As long as he could see it worked. "That's what Armagnac is saying. She's cold." Sherry glanced down at the tablet again. "But no, nothing on this. No colors or oddities."

Then she looked at Jordan. "No, I don't hear anything like bells."

Turning to start the search again, she almost tripped on a rock. Wait. Not a rock. Old runic stuff. Not something unusual for the Sahara, actually. Sherry picked it up anyway.

Quote:
2: You find some destroyed runic equipment, but it seems like it has been here for a while

Prolixity

MoonKitsune

MoonKitsune rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:34 pm
"How about Dead End? Despair Pit? Numb Grief? Those are short."

Spotting the runic stuff Sherry was picking up, he thought how he was proposing to Dr. H to bring back old runic equipment - but then remembered that was for Lawr. Maybe he could just bring it back for himself.

Walking through the brush, he tried to spot anything that might seem salvageable and worth picking up, kicking sand and shrubs about as stopped. The one thing with carving runics for months is that your brain picked unusual etchings out, and pulling his sunglasses down, he turned as something caught his eye. He had been hoping it might be something larger, runiced, and more expensive, but when he moved it wasn't that at all.

"Guys!" He called out, using the sleeve of his coat to wipe off what looked like a door. "I think I found something!" He called out.

Grifferie

Prolixity

Zoobey

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

prolixity rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:38 pm
Jordan paused to give Melvin a long, slow look. "You okay, man?"

Something in the sand caught his eye, and he bent to pick it up, then turned to offer it to Sherry when he saw that it was similar to the object she'd just picked up.

When Melvin called out, he moved to follow the other man. "What did you find?"

Quote:

Grifferie

MoonKitsune

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas