Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rita Zyon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:52 pm
User Image

Opens: Now
Closes: Saturday, March 4 at 3pm MDT (will close even if I am not here to close it)

The Storyline

Shortly after making a wish for children, Hollie came across three foals. The foals were alone and only knew to come to the forest. Amazed at how similar they were in appearance to her and Nevena, Hollie felt as though that somehow, the foals were related to the wish she had made. She brought the foals home to the forest where she and Nevena adopted them.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:05 pm
Rules

1. This is a user-run contest and doesn't count towards the shop caps.
2. Adhere to all shop rules and Gaia TOS rules.
3. Please be respectful to everyone that enters and do not discourage anyone from entering.
4. Everyone is welcome to participate in this contest. However, please no evil personalities - the foals will be raised within a supportive and loving environment.
5. Feel free to pm me (Rita Zyon) if you have any further questions.

Rita Zyon

Rita Zyon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:59 pm
The Family

Mommy

User Image

Name Meaning: Marigold flower
Personality: Nevena is a guarded soquili who tries to keep her emotions under control in order to appear strong. It is important for her to keep everyone and everything she loves safe, even at risk to her own well-being. Due to her upbringing, she has a close connection to nature (particularly the plants) and will raise her children to respect, love, and care about the lands they inhabit. She enjoys learning about new areas and plant species - even going so far as to travel to these places when she is able to. Despite being shy about showing affection towards others, Nevena is starting to initiate contact more than she previously did.

History: Nevena was born in a herd that was focused on protecting and nurturing nature - particularly within forests. She was an only child but was surrounded by friends and family and so, was never truly alone. After becoming an adult, Nevena left home and came to the Kawani Lands in search of a forest that she could call home - a forest that she and others could learn about, protect, and care for. The forest she found is the one she still lives in today, surrounded by other animals. During one of her travels to study some meadow plants, she met Hollie. They became close friends and overtime this friendship blossomed into love.

User Image

Oak is Nevena's familiar. He is sometimes found helping Nevena and teasing her. If not with Nevena, he likes taking naps, sunbathing in the nearby meadow, or bothering Hollie's familiar Merle. Oak is good at reading others' expressions and body language and using it to his advantage (mostly for teasing purposes). He can sometimes be found wearing a sweater. His name was chosen by Nevena and was inspired by the oak tree.

Mama

User Image

Name Meaning: Plant with red berries, the name was chosen as Hollie`s mother was fond of flowery and plant-like names.
Personality: Hollie is very nurturing. She cares deeply about others and will often put them first before herself. Growing up, she was fond of acting as another mother towards her younger brother, Laurel, as well as nearby foals and small animals. She is soft-spoken and rarely loses her temper. Despite her tenderness, Hollie can be firm and strict if needed. Due to her relationship with Nevena, Hollie has become more knowledgeable about plants and the land; however, she does not feel connected to nature as Nevena does. Rather, Hollie enjoys learning about others`stories - their backgrounds, lives, and what led them to their home.

History: Hollie and her brother, Laurel, were raised by a single mother near the mountains. Their father was absent from their lives and this upset their mother greatly. She loved their father so much that when he abandoned his family to be with another mare, she became depressed. Due to her depression, she became neglectful. Being the oldest between her and Laurel, Hollie looked after him and eventually her mother as well. Although it bothered Hollie to see her mother struggling so much, she was unable to help with her depression. After she and her brother became adults, Laurel left to have new adventures whereas Hollie continued to care for her mother until her death. When her mother passed away, Hollie decided it was time to start fresh in a new place. She wanted to make friends, find love, and have foals of her own. In time, her travels led her to Nevena. They were recent lovemates when Hollie made her wish.

User Image

Merle is Hollie's familiar. She loves Hollie very much and is very helpful - in Merle`s opinion she is a lot more helpful than Oak is. She keeps a close eye on the forest inhabitants - particularly Oak - and is known to make reports to Hollie or Nevena on how things are going. She is feisty and when angered will buzz around someone before flying off. Her name means blackbird.

Uncle

User Image

Name Meaning: Simply laurel, chosen in the same way Hollie`s was.
Personality: Laurel is impulsive and reckless, which always made Hollie worry about him. He easily makes friends and enjoys having fun. Laurel likes the way he lives - moving from place to place and seeing as much as can. Life is short and Laurel wants to live it as spontaneously as possible. His hasty nature carries over into his love life - he loves to flirt and can`t imagine settling down for a mare. He will be someone who will love to spoil his future nieces and nephews as much as he can sneak by Hollie and Nevena.

History: Although Laurel noticed that his mother was struggling, he was happy to let Hollie take control. He enjoyed spending time away from his home - playing with his friends and having many adventures. After becoming old enough, he was quick to leave home with his friends in order to have more adventures and create new memories. Laurel moves from place to place as he enjoys living an unattached life. He visits his sister from time to time, but, his desires to have another adventure always leads him away until his next visit.

Sibling

User Image

The second foal and daughter that was discovered by Hollie and later adopted by her and Nevena. After being adopted, she was given the name Brinley which means burnt meadow. Brinley is gentle and sensitive. She lets her emotions guide her, which sometimes gets her into trouble. Due to her sensitivity, she can become easily hurt.

Other Soquili

User Image

Snubbull lives nearby in a meadow with her family. She is passionate about flowers and loves to talk about them. Hollie visits her often.

User Image

A shady stallion Nevena met in the past. Although knowledgeable about poisonous plants, Nevena does not trust him. She feels a dangerous vibe from him and will only visit him if she absolutely has no other choice.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:47 pm
The Contest

This is a name and personality contest. I will be looking at both the name choice and personality when determining the winners.

Please only post when your entry is complete as I will be reading through entries as they are posted. Feel free to try for both the girl and boy; your entries can be together or in separate posts. However, if you choose to try for both the names and personalities should be different from each other.

Here is the form for posting:

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Name Meaning:[/b]
[b]Why did you choose this name:[/b]
[b]Temper:[/b] (Optional)
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Favourite plant and/or flower:[/b] (Please include an image) [spoiler][/spoiler]

The Prizes

User Image

The eldest foal and first born daughter.

User Image

The youngest foal and only son.

Rita Zyon

Rita Zyon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:43 pm
Officially open! I might add a couple of things to Brinley, but, for now I think it is good as is.

Again, feel free to pm me if you have any further questions. I look forward to the entries. This will end on Saturday.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:23 pm
Username: Owlsomniac
Name: Glen
Name Meaning: A narrow valley
Why did you choose this name: I like the sound of it, and it suits the personality I have in mind.
Temper: Stoic
Personality: Down to earth; reserved, compassionate; grounded; vigilant
Glen has a compassionate soul, but can be a tough nut to crack. He doesn't give his emotions away easily, and getting close to him takes real commitment and trust that must be earned. He is wary of placing trust in strangers, and doesn't commit to someone unless he believes they truly need help, or earn his trust. However, though that can at times make him seem distant, once that trust is earned, he is an extremely loyal friend to have. He would do anything for his family, and those friends he lets close to him become like family to him.
He is patient, and doesn't allow himself to be rushed toward things, preferring to take his time to consider his decisions before making a final call.

But Glen is far from perfect. Sometimes, his narrow, distant, personality to those who don't know him may put them off, preventing him from cultivating relationships he otherwise may have. For sure, he's not the most outgoing, and so may not have as many friends as other young foals his age, which can at times make him feel lonely. Of course, when he grows older he'll realize that quality is more important than quantity when it comes to the people you keep close.

When he's older, it's possible he may become a good leader, or someone who offers guidance to others, though it's hard to say yet where his life may lead him.
Favourite plant and/or flower: Orchids - beautiful, and some species are even quite rare, but they can be difficult to grow for those without the patience to tend to them. For those willing to put in the time, however, their gorgeous blooms are worth the effort.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Owlsomniac

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:43 pm
Username:AstoriaFallen
Name: Annariel
Name Meaning: It doesn't really have a meaning. It's the name of an OC Elf character, who I also made into a Hunter Blood Elf in WoW.
Why did you choose this name: I chose this name because I fell like she embodies what my OC represents as a character. I hope you feel it will suit her as well.
Temper: Omit
Personality: Annariel is a very kind and doting filly that takes extra care into ensuring any plants, wildlife and family are well taken care of. She has a small garden that she takes a personal interest in and takes as best care of it she can. The same goes for her mane, since it's not exactly your average locks. While some might find her leafy headdress odd or strange she absolutely loves it because it makes her feel closer to nature. She's a little awkward around other foals that aren't her siblings, it's not that she doesn't want to get to know anyone, she just has more of a connection to that wild flower growing over there.

She'll be very protective of her plants and her siblings and likely scold you if you go trodding through an area and dig up her plants (not really all hers, she just likes to call all wildlife hers for argument sake).

While she doesn't have a lot to say, she does have quite a bit on her mind. She just keeps most of it to herself unless someone takes an interest. She just doesn't feel like wasting her breath unless it's important or someone wants to know more about what she does. Especially if they want to help!

She will always lend a helping hoof if she sees someone in need, she believes that you have to pay it forward and never expect anything in return.

Favourite plant and/or flower: Annariel's favorite flower is the Fuschia because they remind her of little woodland sprites (not that there are such things but a girl can dream) and her favorite plant is a fern because she loves the way they curl and uncurl their leaves depending on the temperature and time of day.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:52 pm
Username:AstoriaFallen
Name: Equinox
Name Meaning: the time or date (twice each year) at which the sun crosses the celestial equator, when day and night are of equal length
Why did you choose this name: He reminds me so much of spring and autumn that I found Equinox to be fitting since it happens during the spring and fall time every year.
Personality: Equinox is going to be a very ambitious and headstrong foal. While he may be the youngest he feels it's his responsibility to take care of his sisters and their mother's. He is the boy, besides his uncle of course!

He will be smart as a whip and have a very smooth tongue when it comes to the ladies, often calling them plant nicknames based on their coloration.

He's aware that Brinley is super sensitive and can get easily upset so he'll take the time to work with her every day, or whenever she wants, to help her with that. He doesn't want her to get hurt all the time because she accidentally takes something the wrong way. It makes him sad to know she's hurting and there isn't anything he can do. So he'll do what he can in order to prevent that before it happens.

He does have a very soft and caring side but will often keep it hidden by being outspoken and somewhat offensive (nothing vulgar of course) to give him a bad boy vibe. He has to keep up appearances that he's not one to be pushed around after all.
Favourite plant and/or flower: He really likes Peony's

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:53 pm
Username: ATh e a r t
Name: Breeze (For the boy)
Name Meaning: A gentle wind.
Why did you choose this name: His markings remind me of leaves in the wind~ Seems like a fitting name ^w^ <3 Kind of like 'Colors of the Wind' from Pocahontas <333
Temper: Omit~
Personality: Gentle, daydreamer. He likes looking and smelling the flowers/plantlife, but he's not very good at taking care of them. He doesn't kill them purposely, but isn't very 'in tune' to what they feel. However, he is more 'in tune' with the wind. Breeze has some odd feelings and helps plants/flower 'dance' in the wind and maybe indirectly help them pollenate.

Breeze is unable to take care of plants, but he's intelligent and is able to tell others about any plant once he's learned about them once. He's definitely mommas' boy and will stick with them! Breeze will help whenever he's needed.
Favourite plant and/or flower: Honestly, love/hate relationship with lilies (specifically calla lilies and stargazer lilies). Calla lilies, I love their shape and general 'pure' look. Stargazer lilies because hubby gave me a BIG bouquet of them and roses when we first started dating. Why do I hate them? I have a cat and they're highly toxic for them... I also love the night blooming cereus... SO I GUESS I CAN'T REALLY PICK ONE? /bad
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:33 am
Username: Kyjoto
Name: Botrys (Bow-tris)
Name Meaning: Named after the Jade Vine, Strongylodon macrobotrys, an endangered species native to Asian islands.
Why did you choose this name: Because of the color of the flower, and the shape of it! It matches him very well! <3 Also sticking with the flower name theme!
Personality: Like the Jade vine, Botrys is resilient and strong. It's tough being the only boy, with the exception of his uncle Laurel who visits occasionally (and who Boytrs will let you know is his hero). Although he wants to be just like his uncle, Botrys is a wary boy who likes to stick around his mothers. His favorite activity is naming all of the wildlife and plant life, and he will pester Nevena to tell him the names again if he has forgotten them.
Favourite plant and/or flower: Jade Vine! biggrin

Kyjoto

Timid Bloodsucker

Feydrah

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:56 am
Username: Feydrah
Name: Amaryllis
Name Meaning: A beautiful flower. Of all flowering bulbs, amaryllis are the easiest to bring to bloom.
Why did you choose this name: In keeping with the theme of bestowing foals names based on flowers, the amaryllis has connotations not only of beauty but of the budding of youth. They bloom easily, and because of that they are popular and sought after - both things to wish of a foal in their growth as well.
Personality: Like her namesake suggests, Amaryllis easily comes into her own through her parents guidance. Overall, she is gentle and quiet but warms up easily to new acquaintances and those closest to her know that secretly, she is extremely talkative. She has motherly instincts, not towards the other foals but to the flowers she tends. She has a tendency to treat them as if they are her own children. Her quirk is that when overexcited she tends to repeat words or phrases to herself, typically "oh dear, oh dear, oh dear".
Favourite plant and/or flower: Her favorite plant is japanese ivy (even though its not a flower!) She adores how it can grow upwards along surfaces, and turns a lush bright pink in the fall months.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:52 am
Username:Cheyriddle4
Name:Bracken
Name Meaning:English; Anglicised form of the Irish name Breacán. Means Fern(English) or Little Speckled one(English/Irish)
Why did you choose this name: Because it fit with both the plant theme and his markings in parts reminds me of little specks.
Temper: Inquisitive
Personality: Bracken is a curious foal with a very bright mind. Easily connecting things together among other things. He has a love of nature and often wants to know what a plant is called or what properties it has. Always eager to see how some plants can help assist in healing.

At times he has the habit of getting lost in his thoughts which can land him in some interesting situations. Whether that is simply not paying attention to where he is stepping and getting his hoof stuck in a gopher hole or getting in trouble for not paying attention to his parents. Though in this situation he will always deny ever hearing them. Which is true in his mind as he simply was stuck in his thoughts. Selective hearing at it's finest.

He believes that he has a good relationship with his family. Playful and energetic. He always makes sure to be careful with his sisters. Not wanting to hurt them accidentally in their playing. Though at times he can be picky on when he accepts attention from his mothers. Especially during the transmission from foal to becoming an adult. This is the time of his 'moody teenager' stage. Where he gets the notion that too much attention or affectionate touches would make him seem less of a stallion that he hopes to become. He will eventually grow out of this phase.

Favourite plant and/or flower: I have always loved Snapdragons ever since childhood. One because they are pretty and because you can play with them a little bit. They would also be one of his favorite flowers because of their shape.

Cheyriddle4

Shameless Kitten

Whoan

Sparkly Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:06 pm
Username: Whoan
Name: Eburos
Name Meaning: Celtic name for the yew tree and its poison
Why did you choose this name: Yew trees are one of the oldest tree species in the world and normally stand on holy ground watching over churches and graveyards. Is also considered the "World Tree" in Norse myth, the translation to ash tree having been a mistake.
Temper: Still
Personality: Eburos would rather stay in the shade than be out in the sun caring for the plants that seem to be lacking in size and strength due to things they lack. Ferns, ivy, trees, she speaks softly to them all encouraging them to reach their roots deeper into the soil and spread despite disadvantage.

She dabbles in both plants that heal and plants that harm as a pastime. Being named after a tree the is represented as holy but toxic amuses her. She would love to see a yew with her own eyes, taste the non-toxic berries for herself, and be under shade that has been for eons. Though she leans more towards healing, she still knows of darker plant extracts that can kill and may yet learn their making from Judah if he is willing to teach. She wishes to understand both healing and harmful aspects of the plantlife around her. Being able to make poisons and healing salves to said poisons would bring a stoic balance to her.

She speaks softly and kindly to plants, towards other soquili not so much. She is very reserved around other horses. People watching is a better pasttime to her than actual conversation. She is also really bad at lying, her knees shaking if she is backed into a falsehood. So if you ask her if that dress makes you look fat prepare for the truth no matter what end.
Favourite plant and/or flower: (Please include an image)
User Image

Though the yew tree she is named after is her favorite in theory (deer love to eat from the yew but it can kill horses go figure) she has yet to see one. Her favorite plant in the mint plant. It is strong, it heals, it smells great, and it brings with it a cooling sensation that she quite enjoys. In fact, she often smells of mint.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:56 pm
Username: Kaya Wolf Moon
Name: Cassius
Name Meaning: “Empty, vain”
Why did you choose this name: He is not concerned with dirtying himself or giving to struggle. His dramatic nature projects a sense of vanity that many would be hard-pressed to overlook. Cassius will need to push through the unrealized emptiness if he wishes to become more than just the “drama king.”
Temper: Dramatic
Personality: Cassius is a dramatic little colt. He does not enjoy getting dirty, being bothered with trivial matters, or dealing with those pesky details. If things don’t go his way, rest assured that he will pitch a fit about it. Dirt on his beautiful coat? Oh, what a tragedy! A scratched or chipped hoof or antler? Sadness and utter sorrow! Being scolded for anything? Such injustice! So, as one can imagine, he does not take after his mother Nevena when it comes to tending the plants of the earth. Even as he grows, there will always be one thing that remains the same for Cassius. He knows how to make a scene. Whether it be bemoaning his terrible luck or dancing with delight at some triumph, Cassius certainly takes full advantage of every moment and second.

For all his faults, Cassius is not completely self-centered. He does care immensely for his family, particularly his sisters. Being the only boy in a sea of women, as he views it, has had its influences upon him. Cassius does not particularly deign to get involved in rough-housing and things of that nature, seeing it as brutish and ill-conceived. But he will put his hoof down if anyone tries to involve his family. Though there are limits to even that. When not demonstrating his flair for the dramatic, Cassius chooses to spend his time collecting oddities. Some would think that he might collect gems with beauty that equates to his own, but this is simply not the case. He sees the inner beauty of objects as opposed to the outer beauty. A point in stark contrast to his perception of himself.
Favourite plant and/or flower: Weeping Willow

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Tygress Dream

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:16 pm
Username: Tygress Dream
Name: Autumnus Birch
Name Meaning: autumn and the birch tree
Why did you choose this name: A tree name seemed appropriate for the family. Since I give my Soquili 2 names and his colors were like the change of seasons I chose to add the seasonal name.
Temper: curious
Personality: Birch is curious and wants to branch out and seek adventure in the world. His family means the world to him and this causes conflict within him as he grows. Though he has the example of his uncle traveling on his own, Birch is nowhere near as impulsive. He'll have problems when it comes to contemplating leaving his mommy, mama, and sisters. He'll constantly be seeking approval in his adventures as a foal and into adulthood.
Favourite plant and/or flower: Iris, such a beautiful flower.

Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff