Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Team Bad Decisions (Rod+Lawr+Mel+H) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:30 pm
It was the most approving look Melvin had ever received from his boss. "That could be useful beyond this ah...situation." Apparently Lawrence wasn't even a person now, just a unfortunate thing that had happened.

"Some form of remote stimulus may make it more timely in its general effectiveness." He held up a hand, "Don't tell me now, though. I believe that's called spoilers. Think through your proposal, Melvin, and bring it in once you've refinado that thought."

Lawrence's tantrum went ignored.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:43 pm

Melvin was quick to turn on him, abandoning the efforts to help him and instead turning simperingly to H with propositions of ways to observe and control him. He wanted to roll his eyes, Melvin had another thing coming if he thought he had even the palest hope of controlling him. Certainly he'd play the game if he had to, but when push came to shove, he held the leash.

Traitors, deep down everyone was a traitor waiting to happen and to leave.

Rodney was another problem he couldn't deal with right now, he was being all emotional and dramatic, asking him if he cared when he knew he didn't really. The death penalty happened to people who got caught, and only if they were in a state that it happened.

"You can still help the animals." he said to Rodney in what he hoped was a consoling tone.

H got a cold look. "Putting me in some sort of tracking device contraption does not help me deal with this irrational debt. I assume you will still be taking Jan."

Because they'd failed him, too weak to sob stories about people in pods they'd never met.

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Toshihiko Two

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:19 pm
Rodney had every intention of still helping the animals.

"He- he hasn't been," Rodney vouched, trembling, "promiscuous, but if he was Jan again...why not the money, Lawrence? It's...it's you choosing. You said the money was for our family, but how can it be, when..."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:42 pm
Melvin didn't know what to make of that look. Did....did he do good?

"I'll have a prototype to you in due time along with the suggestion of an activated reminder for appropriate actions."

His attention went to Lawr and Rodney then. "One part of helping your debt is preventing future debt. Last thing we want is to help you pay off something and you do something that could hurt yourself and others financially, physically, or emotionally. Do you honestly want to loose more?"

"He left you an option. Most would outright give you a death penalty which I suppose Jan is for you. However it's 1 for 3 and it doesn't have to even be that because you can keep both if you just allow time and others to help. How much is that worth to you is up to you to decide on the value."

He looked to Rodney who was still dealing with the information of Lawr's behaviors. "Yes. Who know what Jan might do while Lawrence is sleeping and what he will find when he wakes up. Up to Lawr to decide on what will happen."

"I do want to ask you if you would like to be one of the assigned guardians to Lawrence else I'll be taking full guardianship." He guessed he might as well offer, though his attention flickered to look at Lawr.

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

Toshihiko Two

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:45 pm
"Wh-what?" Rodney said, turning to Melvin and still reeling from everything.

"You want...control of him? And- and a shock collar?"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:46 pm

"Ridiculous"

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:06 pm
He stared back at Rodney. "Do you not think that watching over someone who would make better choices given someone there to provide them some degree of context is a good idea? Or do you want to have a situation come up where curiosity or Lawr's own personal choices hurts others or winds up with him loosing another piece of him? I'm not saying for life. They put monitors on people on parole all the time to give them time to be held accountable and limit freedoms until they have paid their debts to society."

"You can say no. It just means one less bracelet for me to make."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:17 pm
"Well, it seems you three have quite a bit to talk about!" The doctor commented cheerfully before making a little shooing motion. "Two things before you leave though, Lawrence. The offer to take another persona is simply the most expedient option for you to choose from. You have choices."

His smile widened, "For the other, it doesn't have to be Jan. It'd be quite interesting to extract Weiman, wouldn't it?"  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Toshihiko Two

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:22 pm
"He...gave clearance for a monitoring program. The current one blows you up. R-Rep...had to wear one. Not...not for you to have...full control of...of your- f-friend," Rodney faltered, stopping short of ex-boyfriend. "Decisions are the point. The point of...of everything."

He got up, though, as the Doctor motioned for them to leave, flinching slightly at the shooing (although the gesture was friendly, as if it might become unfriendly without immediate compliance).

"S-sorry," he said, "for interrupting. Th-thank you for your time. And for...your leniency, when you could have- "

He wobbled. Dead, they were dead- and it wasn't an accident.

"Sorry," he said again to the Doctor, and to everyone in general.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:42 pm

Lawrence gave H a genuinely startled look for a moment. He'd never mentioned a Weiman before and the implication struck him deeply, like a cold finger along his spine.

"I don't have choices." he said.

"It was like when he put that cuff and the knife on his table. There weren't other choices, there wasn't another path to take. You've put me here and you've forced me into a situation, don't try to sugar coat it as anything less."

He wasn't about to stay here, not with a traitor and with Rodney obviously trying to get him to give up his money with nonsense about how it would be doable, how it would just be something to endure, enduring wasn't an option when his time was running down day by day.

"I suppose I'll see you in a few days." he said icily, not looking back, not even at Rodney or Melvin as he left.

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:03 pm
"I never said I wouldn't be monitoring him. I never said I was taking his ability to make decisions. Don't put words in my mouth, Rodney." Melvin said, walking to the door as Lawr left without so much as a glance.

Jan.
Weiman.

He watched Lawr go and wondered.

"Thank you for seeing us." He said to Dr. H before walking out after them.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:44 pm
Lawrence didn't wait for him. He didn't even look at him.

Where else was there to go, besides home.

Your old apartment, Seven said.

Rodney shook his head, and numbly followed Lawrence out of the office.

Toshihiko Two

Sugary Marshmallow

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas