Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] It's not so bad here (Clyde, Sherry)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:19 am
The cafeteria coffee was still crap. Sherry wondered why she even bothered to drink it. She stood there pouring copious amounts of cream and sugar into her coffee cup in an attempt to mask the taste. Maybe she just needed to give in and buy her own coffee maker. Maybe Mark would be willing to do another amazon order. She should check.

The question was, 'did she really like coffee enough to spend money on it?' No. Probably not. She just wanted a caffeine boost.

She sighed. She really should just stop drinking this crap.

phantompanther13

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:38 am
Clyde might agree that it wasn't the best coffee in the world. But caffeine was caffeine. "Are you trying to make a mocha?" he asked as he waited for his turn at the go go juice.

"They should just get us a good coffee machine, there are enough people here who would want it I think." They probably wouldn't. This was more like roughing it in the woods in some abandoned buildings than civil living. He'd seen hillbillies with better facilities.

Grifferie

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:44 am
Sherry turned at the voice. She didn't recognize it, nor the face that went with it. "I think I am. I wish I had more to put in it, honestly."

She laughed. "We might have one, who knows. We don't keep nice things too long, usually. Even if we did, I think their beans are crap half the time." Sherry really didn't' know much about coffee.

"I'm Sherry." She offered up her name. "Life."

phantompanther13

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:51 am
"If we had one, I'm sure I could fix it up and get it going again." they weren't that complicated. "Though they probably wouldn't pay for supplies." Good coffee required good supplies. Though he was good with whatever. It seemed some of his fellows were not.

"Ahh Clyde, Moon." He really should get to know more people on the main base. Or you know socialize. Had he been getting scruffy lately? Clyde absently scratched his beard. Probably due for a trim.

"What do they have you doing Sherry?"

Grifferie

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:06 am
"They might, you never know." It was odd sometimes what got funding around the island.

"Ah," she smiled at him. "Nice to meet you, Clyde."

She took a sip of very creamy coffee, before answering his question. "Mostly odds and ends things right now. Infirmary shifts and extra help in the Labs. I'm taking a break from my field research, so the shifts are in with my written work and own lab time. What about you?"

phantompanther13

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:17 am
"Well if you hear of one. Come find me. I'll see what I can pilfer to fix it." Because he liked a good mocha once in a while too.

"Sounds like me. Though they usually put me on building duty. I have experience." he could go on about some the stranger things they had asked him to build. But he didn't. "No one wants to do it but volunteering for building teams means I have less of the other jobs I like less."

Grifferie

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:26 am
"Will do." She grinned. "We need a steady supply of decent coffee." Not that she liked coffee...it was all kind of gross in her eyes.

"Makes sense. Volunteer for things that are less popular and get a bit more choice overall." She looked at him, as if trying to figure out his past. "Experience you say? From before? Been here long?"

phantompanther13"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:16 am
"We could probably still make the cheap stuff work."

"I like building things. More fun that half the other jobs around here. I used to do odd jobs a lot way back when. You sort of followed the money in the construction business, not that I haven't done other things too." He'd followed it here after all. "I've been around. But volunteering means getting to pick your projects, away from whatever chaos has been happening lately." he grinned. Too bad he din't quiet miss the teenager hordes, he had tried though.

"What did you do... before. Not to pry or anything."

Grifferie

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:34 am
"True," Sherry agreed with a nod. He had a point.

"Makes sense. Following the work and all." She sipped at her coffee, contemplating his words. "Avoiding chaos is usually for the best if it can be done. Sometimes it's a bit hard though." She sighed a little, tired.

"Me? Oh I," she had to think for a moment. It had been a long few years since she'd been anything but a hunter. "I was a waitress. Did some schooling for nursing." She laughed. "And now I specialize in digging up old stuff, with some healing on the side."

She looked at Clyde. "What made you join, if I may ask?"

phantompanther13

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces