View Results

Neshira Namea Returns

Josies Champion

19,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:01 pm
Me > Always wanted a webber (or webber style, you know the round ones that are simple charcoal grills?) grill. Reason? The grill my dad had growing up (and still has) belonged to my Uncle Mike who was so proud of himself for buying it. It meant a lot to him and my dad, they had a lot of fun using it. Uncle Mike died so my dad kept the grill. It was always important to him. I want to carry on the tradition and thus have always had a similar grill.

Husband > Knows this. Is usually totally cool with this. Always supportive of it.

Today was mad at me because I was typing up work stuff for him and I informed him of a law in our state that he was letting his employees break and he said I was "undermining" him even though I said to him in our home in front of no one and just as a "Hey, just so you know, state law says this and your rules contradict that."

Anyway we were at home depot and looked at grills on our way in. He saw one that he liked and I said "It's nice but when we get one you know I want a webber." and he got all pissy in public "OH GOD it's not a webber, boo ******** hoo, it's better!" and made me cry.

Asshat.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:19 pm
Burn all of his food on the new grill, blame it on the fact that it's burnt because he didn't use a Webber. classified_fu

What law is he breaking?  

Qwertea
Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500

Neshira Namea Returns

Josies Champion

19,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:25 pm
Dogoda
Burn all of his food on the new grill, blame it on the fact that it's burnt because he didn't use a Webber. classified_fu

What law is he breaking?

We're not getting the grill yet but when we do I will.
He wasn't making his employees wear hats (food service) or tie hair up. I told him so he said long haired employees will have to tie their hair up now. I informed him that everyone should be wearing hats as well and he said "No, cuz I don't want to wear a hat."

So me, being me, said: "Well it doesn't matter what you want. It's the law and as team lead you need to be following it and enforcing it.

Him: Well by that definition I'd have to wear a beard net too which means ordering them and I don't want to do that so I guess I'll just shave (He knows I love his facial hair and that I really think he's less attractive without it).

Me: That's not what the law says. Some states require that, ours doesn't. Just requires a hat.

He kept getting pissy so I chucked his little journal thing that he had me typing from (because I type faster, know how to spell, and can word things professionally whereas he has a shitty education and can barely write at a high school level) and told him to do it himself if he didn't want my input.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:51 pm
He oversaw the Walmart deli and wasn't aware of the law?
Uhg, it's only a matter of time before he gets a surprise visit from the health inspector or serves a cop that's having a bad day.
Or deals with a germaphobic parent buying food for their offspring.
He's gonna get caught.  

Qwertea
Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Spam Central

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash