Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Post Exam ( Ro & H )

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miliardo Kason

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:44 pm
The medical portion of his exam with H was fairly straight forward. Turn head, cough, stand on the scale, lift this limb move that one. A series of fairly basic questions and confirmation that he should probably eat real food instead of stealing a bunch of junk food from the vending machines throughout the grounds. Apparently, a fair number of hunter had complained about stomach aches recently stemming from idiotic diet choices during the 'Incident.'

It was this instant and a very straight forward question that finally caused Roland to speak up a bit more after the exam. "I'm not sure who would watch over me?" He frowned a bit, "Caroline seemed to not mind looking out for us. And I honestly don't really know much about what I'm doing here. So I guess it doesn't hurt?" Couldn't be worse then his parents back home right?

He glanced at his phone sitting on top his clothes on the edge of the exam bed, “Sir, do you know why this happened? Why everyone became kids and why I’m stuck this way? People remember me, but I don’t know them, I’m not even sure how long I was here at first. I remember going to bed at home and then.” He raised his arms helplessly, “This.”

”Lizbot”

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:07 pm
"She'll be available, but she also has her own work and half a dozen other teenagers to look out for. You need an alternate to handhold you a bit until you're useful again," the doctor replied, looking over both of Roland's files. "Somebody who will be able to take you on light missions, live with or near you, and make sure you aren't running all too wild. If there's nobody you have in mind for that position, I'll give you a month to figure out, and if there's still nobody, I'll assign you one."

The question drew the doctor's gaze from the files, and finally he closed them. "You were a hunter, as I'm sure you've been informed. You lived a life here, in a place where things that could be considered magic to the ignorant. At times the island undergoes attacks in various forms, all of them using magic of sorts. The source of power for these things varies, but the sort we generally deal in consumes one of two forms of energy: fear and memories."

A shrug, "Forms can change, though up until now it's been very temporary. Memories are a tempting target, a thing to both barter, protect, and consume. Needless to say, though, it's been years. You were a grown man, and if you have questions about your life before, they're better asked of those who were close to you. I've no doubt you'll find evidence of them on your phone, in your room. There's also a history of mission reports that you can access at the main building."

Miliardo Kason

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Miliardo Kason

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:41 pm
Roland nodded a bit, “She was bust during the whole…. Situation?” He still wasn’t sure what the proper term for it was. “She took on a lot trying to help us, I’m not sure how many others are like me and I think America too.” Half a dozen? Well at least that meant some people his age right? “Jordan explained some of that to me. What we do, but not in a lot of detail.” He didn’t mention how summoning his weapon had gone. “I think I still have the room I woke up in? I haven’t run wild, and I haven’t met a lot of people yet personally. I’ll try to figure something out unless you have a suggestion yourself,” he paused and for some reason a moment later felt compelled to add a “Sir.” At the end of his sentence.

Again the topic turned to what he had been as H placed his files aside, “Magic, vampires, and other things that hate hunters so we can’t leave the island safely.” The information fed back from Jordan’s lesson. However the discussion of Fear and Memories was something new, along with the indication that what caused everything was an attack and something more than an ‘incident.’

“If memories are important, does that make me weaker because I don’t remember?” The thought of his father’s lectures about how pathetic he was in a drunken fit bubbled in the back of his mind, the fact that he somehow still ended up in a place his father wanted but, something he could never see himself wanting to do. Even if Jordan’s information implied he made the choice when he was older. Again his gaze drifted to the phone, reset to defaults after he had scanned its contents.

“I… deleted the information on the phone. There where pictures, of me, a girl, she suddenly wasn’t in them and there where conversations with people. Private things it felt like, angry things,” his gaze drifted to the floor focusing on H’s feet before looking up to him. “I think there where some things I wouldn’t want to remember. Was it a mistake to get rid of all of it?”

Lizbot

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:49 pm
"You have a month," the doctor repeated succinctly.

"Not weaker, but maybe less valuable," he explained. "But it will be entirely up to you to decide whether deleting that information was a mistake. If you find yourself constantly asking, what was my life like? What things did I do? Who did I know? It was likely a very stupid move."

His gaze returned to the files, "It's possible that one some level, you chose this and that is why you remained in this form. But also entirely possible it was a whim of the power that did this to you."

Miliardo Kason

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Miliardo Kason

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:08 pm
He froze at the way he said a month, something about it very final and very much an order. "Yes sir."

Roland slumped though, only slightly as he was called less valuable, somehow that felt just as bad if not worse then being called weak. "I think it won't matter, or at least it might be the right choice. Some of what I saw, I didn't like." He shrugged a bit, "Jordan said most hunters don't show up till we're 18, that I was in my twenties before this. There's at least two years I won't know with or without the phone."

Slipping off the exam table he started to gather his things thinking about what the doctor had said. That the thing that caused this might have done it, or it could have been him. "What ever did this, is it coming back?" It was hard to hide his concern with this. He didn't want to become younger at this point.

Lizbot

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:37 pm
"Who is to say it has left?"

Miliardo Kason

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Miliardo Kason

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:45 pm
Roland was half way through getting dressed again when the doctor mentioned this and it made him freeze as he was tugging on his miss sized jacket. "So the Island isn't safe even right now?"

lizbot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:42 pm
A smile, "Do make looking for a secondary guardian a priority."

Miliardo Kason

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Miliardo Kason

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:12 am
Roland froze again as H gave his last piece of advice, all he could do at this point was nod his head a few times before quickly walking out the medical exam room, his pace only growing quicker as he headed back to the safety of his room.

Lizbot

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff