Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Uncomfortable truths (Jordan, Rep) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:49 pm
It took Jordan some time to track Rep down, but he eventually found Rep in his office. Most of the time, he wouldn't have brought a personal conversation into someone's office, but he was thoroughly irritated.

He opened the door, mildly surprised to find that it was unlocked, and started to take a breath to say what he'd come to say, but was immediately derailed by what he saw. Rep was wearing a lot more clothes than he usually did, and there was a pretty obvious reason why. Instead of a reiteration of his point, Jordan said instead, "I see you didn't escape the weird s**t entirely."  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:47 am

Rep hadn't expected Jordan to come find him, he'd thought the argument on twitter would have been the end of it, that it'd be a spat and then it'd be over with Jordan back to whatever the ******** he'd been up to with Melvin before the strange status.

He had removed some of the layers due to the warm office, enough to see what had happened to him at least, and he immediately crossed his arms over his boobs in irritation - they weren't DD mercifully but were still hell of a lot larger than Rep was happy with which was nothing at all.

"No ******** kidding." he said. "If you ******** tell anyone I'll kill you. Ace will ******** hate it, he isnae into bitches."

He put a sheet of paper in a folder and pushed his glasses further up his nose. "What do you want? Come to gloat?"

Prolixity

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:31 am
"Pretty sure people are going to figure it out eventually. But I won't say anything." Strange physical changes were nothing particularly strange any more. Unsettling for the recipient, of course, but it was a matter of adjustment. The type of thing that caused mental changes was far more worrisome, but Rep sounded like himself, if rather higher-pitched, and so Jordan wasn't about to treat him any differently.

He folded his arms over his chest in an unconscious mirroring gesture and leaned on the doorframe. "There's nothing to gloat over," he said. "I came to tell you that Melvin and I are not sleeping together, dating, ********, or anything else past friendship, since apparently you won't believe me when I type it."  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:45 am

"They ******** wullnae!" Rep said with a petulant pout. "I'm that manly that no one will ******** notice if I wear the right s**t. It'll be fine, it won't be that bad." Of course, not that bad had been so bad thusfar that he hadn't removed any clothing and had no intention of doing so in the near future.

He narrowed his eyes at mention of Melvin. "Then what was twitter all about when both of you were small? What the hell does he want? He's obviously on the rebound."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:13 am
There were a couple of notable reasons that that argument wouldn't work, but Jordan said, "Okay. Maybe it'll revert soon," instead of arguing the point. It would prove itself.

"The photo thing, you mean? Did it not occur to you that that description could apply to someone else we both know, who you already knew I had pictures of?" Jordan glared right back. "What Melvin wants from me is someone to talk to other than his weird ex."  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:20 am

There was a moment of dawning realisation as Jordan made what was a very valid point. He'd been thinking of Melvin and the mark on his neck but Harrison had plenty of marks all over him too. Both were blonde. His lack of an immediate argument or come back said a great deal about how he felt about that.

It was only after a bit that he finally sighed. "Yeah. Well maybe." he said.

"He gets to talk to you more than I do." and there was just a bit of neediness in his tone.

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:31 am
The expression of sudden realization on Rep's face and the lack of a quick comeback were both satisfying and somewhat mollifying. It seemed that Rep genuinely hadn't thought of that point. Maybe it would be a convincing one.

Jordan's glare and the tension of his posture softened as Rep spoke again. Jealousy, maybe, but also a valid point in its own way. Jordan hadn't been actively avoiding Rep, but passively, perhaps. "Sorry," he said after a moment, some of the defensive aggression in his tone deflating. "I should talk to you more."  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:53 pm

Rep made a quiet little sound as he felt validated faced with Jordan's response. "Aye maybe, if it's no too much trouble in your ******** busy day. It's probably too much to ask that the guy I have to dream about ******** pretty regularly at night stop by and talk to me now and then."

He didn't blame Jordan though, he was eminently avoidable lately, mostly a source of trouble and occasionally hell of a lot worse.

"But I know you have a life."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:50 pm
That's not exactly me, Jordan didn't say, because they both knew that and it was irrelevant anyway. "There's that sarcasm that's been missing from my life," he said instead with a wry smile. "I knew there was something."

The dreams made it awkward; it was probably going to be awkward anyway. He could deal with it. "I work a lot," he said, and shrugged.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:52 pm

"Aye well, if you wanted sarcasm I've always got ******** oodles. I spend most of my time either with Ace on my own and if I'm no either of those things I'm usually ******** up to my elbow in legacies." He rolled his eyes. "Mostly excalibur."

"But aye, there's still a lot of time I'm around and I don't mind hanging out, I miss your boring coffee s**t and mazes."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:17 pm
At the mention of legacies, Jordan looked sour for a moment. "Sorry about what happened while I was younger," he said.

He offered a small but genuine smile. "I'll make you a couple special. The simple kind," he teased.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:57 pm

"It's fine." Rep said in a way that implied that maybe it wasn't totally fine but that he didn't want to get into a huge argument about it. "I don't trust Creation, it got its hands on both you and Ace and I still don't know that it's gone forever, or if it is, at what cost." he sighed.

"No gonnae lie though, I look forward to like, getting hold of some of those mazes, I was always really ******** good at them."

"What have you been up to?" he asked. "Is Sun still the way it always was?"

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:38 pm
It was not fine, and Jordan didn't really want to have an argument about it either. He'd come prepared for an argument, but this was not the argument he'd been ready to have. "I don't trust it at all either. It's affected Harrison?" He sounded quietly dismayed.

"I'll bring them to you then." He looked forward to it; he'd always liked the game of it. "I've been taking a lot of missions. Mostly small stuff, routine checks and location patrols. Some training stuff too. Sun is still Sun," he said, with a faintly fond smile.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:42 pm

"Aye, it ******** possessed him and climbed out of his chest. I think it affected almost everyone on the island if I'm honest. I was all right because of er. Conflicts of interest I think." He frowned with evident concern.

"Sun was always nice." he said. "Allan's still the same ******** lovable guy he's always been. It was less dangerous over there. I mean you could die on missions but at least you'd know it was with a lot of other people who'd back you up. Death's great but sometimes its a bit like shaking a bag of rats, you never know who's going to get stepped on or bitten."

He moved to scratch his chin before remembering he didn't have a beard any longer and letting his hand drop back down. "I'm glad you've been doing awright, it's honestly probably a good thing you've been busy, I wouldn't want you worrying about me, and I've been through a ******** wringer."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out