Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP ] Metaplots (Otto, Mark) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:04 pm
As ill advised as imagining flaming sheep was, Otto still felt proud of his imagination come to life. Even if he was now running away from the mass of sheep exploding into existence, and the Dragon still woefully alive, he ran with a gleeful sense of accomplishment.

Otto tried to see what all these floating doors looked like, but became rightfully distracted when Alice called for him again. He tried to follow her through the stained glass door, running full tilt despite the solid surface awaiting him.

With that, Otto bounced off the door with a painful thud.

Tumbling to the floor, his ridiculously on-fire sword clattering nearby, Otto groaned in stiff agony. His arm and face hurt where he'd connected with the glass door, the rest of him bruised from the awkward landing.

It was then he remembered what was behind them. Clambering to grip his sword again, he braced himself, backing against the door. "Alice? Alice!" Otto called frantically, knocking on the door with his elbow, worried about taking his eyes away from any danger that might run him down.

Zoobey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:54 pm
Even though Otto couldn't see it, he could feel it approaching closer, a spot of green down the corridor that steadily accumulated dread.

Alice popped her head out of the glass door, just half her head. "Hurry." She grabbed his arm and tried to physically pull him inside without avail and then hesitated. "Why can't you come in - just - just believe you can!"

The green was now taking over the end of the corridor, consuming the paths, shattering windows, a roaring mass of teeth and vines and thick green serpent eyes.

Bittiface

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:52 am
If he could believe in flaming swords and combustable sheep, why was he having such a hard time with walking through doors? Alice was right there trying to pull him in, so why?

The green was consuming everything, coming closer and closer. Otto's heart beat painfully in his chest as if his fear was punching a whole from inside himself. He leaned heavily against the door, backing himself uselessly away from the approaching danger.

"If you can walk through doors, I can too!" He exclaimed, mostly to himself, willing this problem to be over. Stop thinking about the green mass coming to get you, and start imagining a safe room just beyond that door.

Beyond the door, a safe, warm place... Just back into it like falling into a pool backwards...

Zoobey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:55 pm
This time, Otto fully passed through, just as the vines the dragon seemed too close behind him-

- On the other side was a table filled with every fruit imaginable. Expensive-looking gold cups and plates lined the long table, though all the chairs remained empty.

"It's okay," said Alice, sitting in one immediately, helping herself to fruit. "We're safe here. Now we can start our tea party!"

Immediately differently coloured cups of tea, a few vats of sugar, and several pots of different teas also fell in place, as well as a basket of scones and rapsberry jam.

Bittiface

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:06 pm
It took a moment for Otto's adrenaline rush to ease off as soon as he was out of the vine and dragon filled hall of doom. As he caught his breath and his attention span allowed him to focus, he only then noticed the room. It was colourful, whimsical. The array of fruits and others lining the table looked delicious, even if he himself often scoffed at healthy options.

"We actually havin' the tea party after all.." He murmured as Alice sat down. After the near death experience he'd just had, he'd take an eternal tea party straight away.

Otto sat down across from Alice, his tense muscles relaxing now that he was seated and at rest. He'd never had tea before, so he chose whatever was closer, and promptly added three heaping spoonfuls of sugar once he'd poured it. He also helped himself to a scone and loaded it with sweet jam. A smile lit his face easily, after the complete tonal whiplash he'd just endured.

"Cheers, I guess?" He lifted his teacup, feeling a bit silly for doing so even if it was just himself and Alice there. It was almost like humouring a younger cousin at a family reunion.

Zoobey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:04 pm
The tea in the cup immediately filled with the sweetest red tea, almost identical to drinking warm hot chocolate, marshmallows included.

"We can stay as long as you'd like here!" Alice nodded, helping herself to an empty cup of tea. "As long as you're happy, I'm happy!" More scones, more pastries, more of everything began to overtake the table wildly, turning it into a buffet of colour. "You are happiest here right? With me?"

Even though Otto couldn't remember as his current self, his heart suddenly skipped multiple beats, as if he was forgetting something crucially important and he needed to remember.

Bittiface

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:15 pm
The tea coated Otto's throat warmly, wrapping him in a nostalgic and comfortable feeling. The table quickly piled on more food, including some of his favourites; fudge brownies, cupcakes loaded with frosting, and whole entire cakes along with too many unknown pastries that he was dying to try for himself.

Happy here? With so many sweets, he could be. No parents always upset with him or ignoring him outright. No confusing facility filled with weird people that took him from the rural life he'd known all his life. His life here would be simple. Isolated, yes, as he'd almost always been. More so, perhaps. But it was cozy, and he could imagine anything he wanted in this world!

He was ready to answer her with a resounding Yes, that he was happiest here with Alice. But his throat caught suddenly, painfully. Forgetting.. he was forgetting something. A thought stuck in the back of his mind, just out of reach.

His smile faded, and he hesitated. If he agreed too quickly, he may be stuck here. And what if the thing he couldn't remember right now was so important, that he might regret staying here?

He tried to answer her again anyway, but again, that feeling that clenched his heart tightly persisted.

"Alice.." He murmured, setting his cup down. "I feel like I'm forgetting somethin' real important. I really like it here. It's better here..." He didn't want to leave, not if it meant going back to a home that made him feel worthless and stupid. He'd rather be stuck with endless tea parties if that were the case.

"I'm worried if I stay though.. I might end up makin' a huge mistake. Do you know if... if I'm forgetting something important?" His heart clenched again, making it hard to breath. He didn't want to leave this place. He didn't.. but the idea of staying forever made his heart hurt more than it should have. What was wrong?

Zoobey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:57 pm
She gently placed a cup back down on the table of ever-growing sweets. "But aren't you happy here? Really, really, really happy? If you try to remember, you'll never be able to come back here again."

Otto's heart was beating faster, and it wasn't too sure why. He could feel it, like something scratching at the back of his mind behind a sealed door and it was terrifying and sad but it felt needed.

"If you try to remember," Alice warned one more time, "We can't ever play like this again."

Bittiface

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:16 pm
Alice's warning grounded his thoughts. Those memories loomed behind his head like an ominous ghost. If he never turned his head, he'd never have to face it. If he just kept his eyes on the feast, or on Alice, then those dark and burdensome memories would never take him away from this simple paradise.

Right. It was better here. Alice was kind, and fun. The food was sweet and warm. Those unknown memories on the other hand were scary, sad and left him with a weight of responsibility.

Escape that, and all the things that hurt him. Run away. Shut that door and lock it tight.

Stop thinking. Stop imagining what those memories could be. Stop remembering the past. Stop stop thinking stop.

"I'm happy." He insisted, lifting his tea cup once more. The voices kept clawing behind him, demanding to be acknowledged. Screaming to be let back out. "I like it better here."

Zoobey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:26 pm
"Okay!" she said, and kicked her feet a few times and looked even happier. "You'll always be my friend Otto."

"I'm afraid not," interrupted a third visitor, "he cannot stay here." It looked familiar, someone Otto really trusted, someone he felt protected by. They nodded at him. "It is easier to forget, but sometimes, we have to protect ourselves."

It moved towards Otto, still taking the figure of someone that resonated with his memories, and it felt like it was hugging Otto, embracing him perhaps or just a gentle handshake-

- And for that moment he remembered everything.

Bittiface

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:40 pm
Otto gave a half smile to Alice. Yes, he'd be better off forgetting. It was...

His breath caught at a familiar voice, wearing a familiar subtle smile. The closer he got to Otto, the fuzzier things got around him. Alice, the table, the food. These things blurred, and because of it, the figure became clearer. A roundness in his face and middle, the grey and white hairs that decorated his head, the Santa like beard that hung from his chin.

His voice was warm yet gravelly, his open arms inviting. A man who always welcomed him home. Not his father, not his mother. "Grandpa?" Otto wavered, standing up suddenly. But it couldn't be his grandfather. He'd died four years ago...

Everything else vanished as his grandfather enveloped Otto's shoulders, patting him atop his head. He was there, yet not there. He felt his warmth, but not his body.

"You're not really this cowardly, are you boy?" He said with mischief in his tone, his voice there yet faraway. And that's when it all hit him. Every memory, from running away to Deus and making new friends. Losing friends. Gaining power and losing that power. Happy memories lighting up the darkest of the bad and scary ones.

He had a life outside this room that needed him, even if he often wanted nothing more than to give up and float away.

"I can't stay, huh?" He could not. He remembered everything. He remembered Chance. He could never leave Chance without a good bye, without an explanation. Moreover, he couldn't leave Chance at all. Duties, yes. Memories, absolutely...

But not him. Not the lanky, curly haired dimwit he loved to bother, annoy and spoil movies with. The only partner he'd had that he could openly be a d**k to and still have beside him on good terms that very night.

"I'm sorry, Alice."

Zoobey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:20 am
"It's okay," she said, without very much remorse at all, "he told me you'd eventually have to choose. But it's okay to have fun sometimes," the last part was said in an excited hushed tone, like a child who knew they were saying something naughty but did so anyway.

"You must go now," ushered the third visitor, and it was Chance now instead, a little more ordinary and significantly different, but the attribute of protection that Chance offered, "The longer you stay here, the less able you will be to return back. Do not be afraid of the grail, as long as you wish for protection, you will have the capability to do so."

"The dragon is waiting outside," whispered Alice, standing right at the precipice of the stained glass, "do you have your sword?"

Bittiface

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:20 pm
He was surprised with himself that he'd worried about upsetting Alice. Truth be told, he didn't dislike her at all. She'd always been there to help him. Though he wondered if his imagination ever made her question the faith she seemed to put in him in times of trouble. From a net of pies, to exploding sheep, one had to wonder if Otto's brain was truly a hive of heroism or not.

His attention pivoted as 'Chance' spoke. He knew that Chance and his grandfather were not truly there. It was just an imitation. But it felt right. The familiar faces made him feel comfortable and safe. The words he spoke filled him with a sense of certainty and confidence. He gave the curly haired image a confident smile and a nod. He would not linger here, and he'd do so without fear.

He gave his attention to Alice once more. He'd nearly forgotten the dragon, hoping it had gotten bored and wandered off elsewhere.

"Yeah.." He murmured, clutching the flaming broadsword in his hands. He had his sword, his memories, and a new sense of conviction he hadn't ever had before. "I got this."

He turned towards the stained glass, turning back only once more to face those who'd seen him off. Especially Alice. "Thanks, Alice."

With a deep breath, he walked through the glass to face the dragon.

Zoobey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:29 am
And the dragon was still waiting for Otto, just as horrific as ever. It breathed thorns, it spat acid dripping from every blackened teeth, and its eyes, just staring at them caused a strange sickness, a dizzying nausea. Though the eyes glowed green, they lacked any form of solid pupil, like staring into an infinite hole of green.

A thrash of its tail rising from the thorn-covered floor and Otto was in the air, and for a moment he was overwhelmed by a stronger consciousness not his own. For a moment was just fourteen, and scared, with no memories-

- "Fight it Otto. Use the sword!" It was unclear who's voice it was.

- And then Otto remembered everything again and there was only one obstacle in his path as it opened its mouth and a giant shadow loomed over him.

Bittiface

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:18 pm
Intimidated did not fully describe what he felt. Overwhelmed was more to the point. How could he fight something so massive, so much more than himself? He could only meet it's gaze for seconds at best, otherwise that sickening nausea rose up again, making him feel woozy and faint. He shook his head and focused. Obviously, if he worried about how to take the thing down at once, it would be impossible. He had to break this one big problem down into smaller ones. Focus on something he could do, not on what he worried he could not.

Time spent thinking so much was wasted, the dragon striking him with a mere flick of it's tail. He was airborne. He was scared. Where am I? How'd I get here? Am I gunna die? His mind reeled and panicked as he hit the ground, skidding and rolling until he hit a wall. Shivering, he held his head in his hands, trying to wake himself up.

A voice. A voice coaxed him back.

"Sword.." He grabbed it, still aflame. Memories back and his focus once again intact, he stood up. He had to think a little bit less, and act a little bit more. He braved his stomach and stared the dragon in it's sickening eyes. Gathering his courage, he ran towards the dragon. He'd wanted to throw the sword at the dragon's eye, but he worried if it didn't work, he'd end up weaponless.

Grabbing onto it's tail, he hastily began to climb. He used his sword to keep balance by stabbing the dragon between the scales whenever it got too wiggly. His main aim was those horrid eyes. He hoped to make it far enough that he might stab them out himself. Without eyes, how would the dragon see where Otto went, right?

Zoobey

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces