Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Always a New Face (Ace, Travis) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:30 am
Travis had spent the morning running laps around the training fields. He'd always been okay with running, but it was becoming clear that if he wanted to survive, he needed to practice. He needed to be very good at running away.

After several laps, Travis decided he'd had enough running, and it was time for a rest. So, he moved off to the side of the training grounds and found some old equipment to sit on. From his small bag he pulled out a water bottle and a box of cookies.

Cookies were not the healthiest thing to eat for lunch, but Travis didn't really want to walk all the way up to the cafeteria yet. He was just going sit there, eat his cookies, and maybe watch and see what others did for training.

Meegane

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:57 am
The Sahara rescue mission can be said to be successful since they found the subject. Ace earned himself a nice day-off, headed to the nearest civilian city. It should be a fine relaxing day but something seemed to preturb him.

Carrying a box of desserts walking back to the dorm building, he passed across the training field. There were only one or two there since the mission had made many sent to infirmary. Upon spotting Travis, he stared at the trainee and quickly gave him a purposeful smile that was quite suspicious.

"Hello." For a moment, Travis'd question himself as the beanstalk greeted him in a close friend like manner. Closer examinaion allowed the trainee to discover how unique the man was. He was wearing heterochromatic contact lenses, his hair mostly black, while parts dyed in neon pink and blue. What's more, he had heavy make-up like winged eyeliners.

The stranger casually sat next to Travis and looked at him with a smirk, with the box on his laps.

Grifferie

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:25 pm
Travis actually looked around when the stranger said 'hello'. Was he talking to him?

"Hello?" Did Travis know this guy? Travis was pretty sure he'd remember him, he definitely had a unique look. Quite the opposite of Travis in his plainness. So, it was quite surprising when the guy sat down next to him.

Travis looked at those mis-matched eyes, then down at the box, then back at the eyes. "Do I know you?"

Why was he here? Did he want his cookies? Travis was very confused.

Meegane

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:29 am
He didn't just look unique but very tall as well, almost intimidating in other's comments. The smile Ace gave upon being asked could be said a mischievous or normal one, depends on how you look at it. "I'm Ace, now you know me. What're you doing here?"

The tall trainee still didn't mention about the box, but he looked less troubled.

Grifferie

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:19 am
Travis couldn't argue with that. "Ace. Okay." He wondered if that was a name or a nickname, though it didn't really matter in the end, so he didn't ask.

"I'm just eating lunch, after a good workout." All he'd done was run, but it was something.

"What are you doing here?" Travis had to wonder.

Meegane

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:31 am
Ace arched an eyebrow at Travis, maybe not contented he didn't know the trainee's name in return. "Oh lunch, I've mine outside already and on my way back to my room." A whole pie of spicy cheesy pizza filled with crisp-edged pepperoni can be called a light lunch for the Sun trainee, considered how much exercises he do daily.

"Have room for some desserts?" He asked, as if they were having a table for two when they were sitting on the grass.

Grifferie

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:23 am
"Lunch outside?" Now that was a good idea. Travis a little sad he'd not thought to do it, yet. "That sounds cool."

Travis looked down at Ace's box, then back at Ace. "That depends," he said, unable to hide his excitement, "What do you have for dessert?"

His own box of cookies was all but forgotten - Ace had dessert from off island it seemed and that was WAY better. Travis didn't' even realize he'd not yet introduced himself. He was way to excited about the food.

Meegane

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:55 am
"Yup. The foods in caferteria - not so fitting my taste." Ace tried to be subtle. The tone of Travis's words and the pleasant face told him the trainee won't reject his request.

Rarely ignored the haunt, he opened the box, revealing the expensive looking shortcakes inside. They could be what makes girl scream in delight and excitement, under the sunlight, they look like beautiful jewels. "You can have them free of charge, I only have one request for you. Tell me how each of them taste as detailed as you can, that's all." The tall man grinned amiably.

The haunt in his mind was very unhappy about his action, she kept on whinning something like "you promised me", "loophole of her words", "how naughty" etc. Yes, Ace didn't like sweets, he enjoyed spicy foods. if he had to put sweet thing into his mouth, the reluctancy'd be obviously showed on his face. "What do you say, deal?"

Grifferie

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:15 pm
"I see." Travis did see. He personally didn't mind the cafeteria food, he'd had better but he'd also had worse.

"Oooohhhh," he attention was certainly taken up with those shortcakes though. "What? For free? I just have to tell you how they taste?" Travis squinted up at Ace, very suspicious. He'd never had a request like that, and it sounded a bit strange to him.

He looked back down at the shortcakes. They looked very, very good. He had to try them. "Um. Okay." He set his box of cookies to the side. "But can I ask why?"

Meegane

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:53 am
He rubbed the back of his head, eyes averted. "It's a bit embarrassed to tell, I dislike eating sweets but my girl - I mean my weapon's a sweet tooth. She has been doing a wonderful job in assisting and protecting me in battle or missions. Thus, it could be a bit heartless not to listen just small things I can do for her."

The Sun trainee said with a spoiled smile, "She told me she used to enjoy desserts a lot, and the best I can do for her is to eat some desserts on behalf of her, tell her what they taste like so that she could be satisfied with her imagination." He felt the haunt embraced him affectionately, weapons could send sensational feelings to their partners, with the pre-requisite they don't harm the hunters themselves.

"They're your lifelong partners, so why not treating them nicely?" Ace gave Travis a look. "How about you?"

Grifferie

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:23 am
"Oohhh," Travis said slowly. It made sense, he thought, even if it still seemed a bit odd. "That's very nice of you."

He suddenly looked a little worried. "I'll, um, certainly try to explain things well enough." The desserts were so pretty, he had to try. Besides, helping someone out wasn't ever a bad idea, was it?

"You make a good point. Lifelong partners," Travis nodded as he repeated Ace's words. Reaching inward, he asked his own weapon, Radulfr, will I need to do things like this for you?

Hm. Maybe. If I find something I want you to do, I will ask. The voice was rough in his head.

"It makes sense," he said to Ace. "If they are our partners for life being nice is the lest we could do. Okay. I'll try to help you." He was getting awesome shortcakes out of this deal, after all.

Meegane

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:19 am
Indeed Ace thought differently from the majority, he wasn't afraid of the shadows and even irritated a fire demon that wanted to burn him alive. His logics deviated from normality. It might be a good thing that Travis didn't know the Sun trainee sat next to him flirted with Halloween students.

The hunter's promise made Ace chuckled in delight, "Nah, don't worry about it. I'm not asking you to give a critic, simple descriptions will do." He proceeded to wink at the trainee. "You get my point, boy. Go on, you don't need to wait for me." He gestured to the shortcakes once again, Catherine felt like perching on his shoulder and watching their conversations.

It was a good thing the haunt agreed, it saved him a lot of troubles. His possessive partner envied easily, especially for beautiful females and she would ask many times to ensure she was the number one for him. That's her cute point, right?

Grifferie
Travis will be called whenever he buys some desserts rofl

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:58 pm
Travis looked at Ace for a long moment, trying to decide if this was really real life. "Just a description?"

Travis reached for a shortcake. "Okay. I can do that." Then, without any ceremony, he took a great big bite. "Mmm." Initial taste was A+. "Mmhum vuhhe mmuun." Travis was kind of excited and forgot he shouldn't talk with his mouth full.

It would be a moment or two before he swallowed. "It is very good. The cream tastes like cream - it's light and a little sweet. The cake is soft and just right, also not too sweet. All of the sweetness is in the topping which is... good." Travis wasn't sure if he was very good at this. "Um. How do you usually describe things?"

Meegane
Haha He'd love that, if he doesn't mess this up. xD

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:47 am
Ace was glad that the trainee enjoyed the cake much better than he did. It was a cute sight when Travis tried to speak while his mouth was stuffed. The Sun trainee parted his lips but a whim caused him to pause, look at the sugary products, sighed and picked up one. He took a small bite of it and immediately his face wrinkled like a paper.

"This's mainly milk chocolate, the top layer is glossy but cripsy, sprinkled with bitter cocoa powder. Then the middle - several r-rich chocolate and coffee mousse alternated. The rest is again chocolate sponge cake." His face turned paler and eyebrows knitted deeply into a valley as he analyzed that tiny bit of sweetness. "Something like that, I guess." He then covered his mouth, gulped down a large amount of water from the bottle he'd prepared. "God damn it, they put too much sugar in it!"

If Travis can finish more, then he would suffer fewer times. "It's not too complex, think it as a guessing ingredient game and add in a bit of personal comments will do." He waved dismissively. It became a round two when Catherine imagined how wonderful the cake was and sent him some sweet sugary impressions. Cat, just give me a break......

Grifferie
I thought it's your turn to tag, but it was me who overlooked the notification crying

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:23 pm
Travis listened intently to Ace's description. It was super obvious that Ace didn't like the sweet thing, and Travis wondered how that was even possible. Sugar was a amazing.

"I strongly disagree," he said, reaching for another cake. It looked like it might be another chocolate one. Taking another big bite, he chewed first this time. Shouldn't be too rude, after all. "That was not chocolate. It was super sweet. The cake was cake like, and didn't taste like anything special, but the filling. I think it was, uh. Chestnut? Maron in French? I don't know but it was really good. Kind of woodsy. And subtle. No crunch, though. All cream."

He paused. "Does that kind of work?"

Meegane
No worries! I do the same things!

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out