Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Artifacts 101 (Lucky, Gale, Rep, Mark, Carl) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:23 am
LIGHTHOUSE

"He doesn't look okay," He murmured, not exactly in any condition to tell anyone who or who didn't look okay. At this point the exotic caterpillar had finished with its leaf and was now chewing slowly on a lock of Carl's hair.

He tried to move himself and Rep as far away from Lucky as possible. "I'm okay," he had a bad run-in with the infirmary, "I think so? A shower would be nice- I mean, if everyone is okay and nobody needs us."

Carl kept on looking at Lucky as if trying to put two and two together. "You know, for someone called Lucky, you really aren't that lucky."

Captain obvious comment of the day.

Baneful

Molten Tigrex

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:34 pm
ARCTIC MISSION - GALE

He didn't know what was happening.

He could hear his name, a repetitive, familiar sound, even if the voice was less than familiar. A sharp pain on the side of his face made him jerk, Gale forcing his eyes open, gaze slightly out of focus as he tried to zero in on his surroundings - and the figure in front of him.

He staggered; there was an arm around his waist and a lot of blood -

"What..." Gale said - or at least, tried to say. It came out slightly slurred as he finally managed to make out the human...things. He scrabbled for his weapon, Gale's fingers clutching at nothing, panic rising in his throat, followed closely by a more lucid sense of get the hell out.

"Damn it - " He sucked in a breath. "We have to get out of here - "

zoobey

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:33 pm
ARCTIC MISSION - GALE

"Easier said than done," grimaced Samuel, sucking in a deep breath as he landed on his leg awkwardly. Thankfully, the creations behind them were just plain slow and unarmed, though more and more of them were coming out of the pods making it a bigger problem. "Gale, can you do me a favour and get something out of my backpack? Looks a little like a case for holding tennis balls."

There indeed was just that item, and uncapping it revealed what looked like chrome tennis balls covered in runes. Sam tried his headset. "You there Rep? You copy?"

Silence.

The strange rushing noise was returning to Gale again, as everything became overlaid with green and he started to feel both dizzy and horrifically nauseous, similar to the effect of intense food poisoning.

kuropeco

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:17 am
"Really?" At Rep's glare, Lucky just looked highly affronted (and kind of silly - holding a jar at arms' length while doing anything had a tendency to do that). The suspicious looks were genuinely starting to annoy him. That was the last time he rescued anyone. Carl could walk back himself next time. "He's fine. This new... talking-in-third-person thing will sort itself out probably."

Lucky, again, looked at Rep like he'd grown a second head.

"Jar of death," he explained briefly, pointing to the black hole sphere content of the jar. He jabbed that same finger at the seal. "Thing preventing all the death from getting out."

"I think I'll pass for now."

"Uh." Lucky just stared at Carl for a few long moments. "Huh. Actually, I can't argue with that... I think it's just, what, irony now? You'll understand when you're older - wait, no, you won't -"

He trailed off in a deep existential crisis. At any rate, by the way Carl was unsubtly dragging Rep away, someone wasn't wanted here anyway. Just like earlier.

"Well, call me if anything, uh, changes. I'm going to go get rid of this thing before it literally kills me." He paused as he started to walk away. "Maybe I'll hide it in Mark's room."

"I'm joking," he added over his shoulder before his long slow trek back to HQ.

baneful

zoobey
THE EXIT IS WRITTEN THE CONTRACT IS SEALED

Molten Tigrex

Shameless Hunter

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:33 pm
LIGHTHOUSE

"Look I don't know what happened, I just know he's not a hundred percent fine and that's not okay."

It was however good to see that in spite of everything, Lucky still had common sense and wasn't going to open what turned out to be a jar of pure death. It was a bit of a relief and gained the other man a few points of approval in Rep's eyes. Basic survival instincts in Death division were few and far between.

He looked back at the comment about Marks room and sighed. "You better be." he said, without any malice in it.

"Lets go get you cleaned up then." he said with a grin at Carl. Maybe he'd get to sit down for a bit too. Sitting down for a bit sounded really ******** good after all the running.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:05 pm
ARCTIC MISSION - GALE

He could hardly keep himself standing up straight, Gale's eyes fluttering, face pale. After a moment's internal struggling in which he attempted to figure out how to move his limbs again, he reached out a hand and dragged a hand through Samuel's backpack, rummaging until he found the case.

"What's...this for?" Gale mumbled, words slurring. A wave of dizziness swept across him, green blinding him, feet sliding messily beneath him.

"Damn it - "

zoobey

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:26 pm
LIGHTHOUSE

Carl gave Lucky one last lingering look before leaving, just following behind Rep's footsteps like someone who was a little more than lost. "Who's Circe, by the way?"

Baneful

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:12 am
LIGHTHOUSE

"She watches over you." he said. "She's not here all the time either. Very beautiful, long long hair." He didn't think he was supposed to tell him she was his weapon, remembering Mark's warning, but at the very least he could tell him this.

"Sometimes she has people forget."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:46 pm
ARCTIC MISSION GALE

"Don't throw up in my bag," somehow, Samuel still had priorities. Between firing what seemed like his last shogun two rounds, he managed to pop open the lid of the cylinder and take out one of the tennis balls. "Close your eyes, bud-"

- There was a flash of white and then a shocking red. If Gale hadn't closed his eyes, all he would see was still red as everything shook a little louder and something roared louder and louder.

There was a ringing noise, and it was only belatedly that Gale would notice the ringing was still coming from his ears. Something was shoved into his hands, despite the ringing. A grappling hook.

"Up the ladder," said Sam, and it sounded like he was talking through half a mile away, "Move it."

kuropeco

Use the runic grappling hook to see if Gale can make an escape out of this odd basement floor by rolling 1d6. If he rolls odd he makes it through, the grappling hook hits the ladder high above him and he can climb up, if he rolls even, he misses.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:57 pm
LIGHTHOUSE

To be honest, that sounded kind of creepy, but he didn't know how to tell Rep that just in case Rep and her were friends. Carl just sort of tried to make a neutral sort of noise. "That's... nice of her." It sure didn't help all the thousands of problems that had happened to him recently.

A thought suddenly occurred to him. "Forget?"

Baneful

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:14 am
LIGHTHOUSE

Rep nodded. "Yeah, she can take memories away, she makes people forget things they knew." he shrugged.

"She's very powerful and does as she pleases, she's not nice, but she is what she is."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:05 pm
LIGHTHOUSE

He was beginning to piece two and two together in only the way a teen would, which was that everything primarily involved them. "Is she the reason I forgot about everything?" He suddenly asked much, much quieter. As if he realized how selfish he sounded, he suddenly tacked on, "You should tell her that's not nice, that's what you do with bullies."

Baneful

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:14 pm

LIGHTHOUSE

Rep shrugged. "I don't even think that's why." he said. "I think before all this, long before whatever happened to make you forget, you'd already forgotten everything, everything about who you were. I think this is just you, or some part of you remembering." And it was grim to admit it to him.

"I think its more complicated than being a bully though." he said. "A lot more complicated, and I can't even begin to comment on it."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:44 pm
Lighthouse

"I think it's okay like this," Carl finally commented quietly, only understanding half of Rep's rambling, "If I don't remember something then I don't have to be scared about it."

If he was going to say something else about the matter, he didn't, his attention span wandering from Rep to looking to see where Lucky had gone. "What's Lucky going to do with the butterflies?"

Baneful

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:37 am
Lighthouse
Carl got a sad look from Rep, who didn't go as patronising as to pity him but who nevertheless wished things were easier for him and that there was any resolution that wouldn't end in handing him back to Circe again.

"Butterflies?" he asked, looking puzzled. "The jar didn't have butterflies in it did it?" He found himself suddenly worried that there had been something else he hadn't noticed when Lucky got back.

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff