Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Keep it secret... (Mark, Sherry) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:58 am
Admitting defeat to the floor was a grave mistake. Sherry would slowly find herself sinking into the piles and piles of junk, suddenly wedged between a broken printer and a vintage typewriter. A lavalamp, still flickering on and off, pinned off one hand.

"Well yeah," Mark scratched the side of his head, "I was trying to get you laid too. I was like oh, if you want to like take a shower, we could take it together, and you were like no, but yes, and then I was like sure, I mean okay, but the cameras thing is weird, did you still like, want that?"

As he spoke, Sherry was being consumed into the bottomless pit further and further and the Death Assistant hadn't quite noticed.

"Wait a minute-"

Good, maybe Mark had finally noticed Sherry sinking-

- "Lucky didn't set you up for this did he?"

GrnGriff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:02 am
At first, Sherry simply thought the pile was shifting beneath her. She was only half-listening to Mark as she tried to push her self out of the pile. "What? No I'd meant--" Her tired protest was cut off by the realization that not only was she stuck in this damn pile -that was a massively heavy typewriter, good lord- but she was also sinking into it.

The struggle was real. Sherry tried to twist and turn and push her way out of the pile, but dammit the broken printer seemed to be backed up by other heavy stuff. Inanely, Sherry wondered why Mark kept a broken lava-lamp. Didn't that flickering bother him? It was sure annoying her. Though, this was the guy who lived with roaches on him.

"Huh, what?" Sherry realized Mark was still talking. "Who the hell is Lucky? No one sent me, dammit." She had to pause and tried to shift again. "I was here for -guh- you." Her niceness was going to get her killed.

"Mark. Mark!" Was she sounding a little more desperate? Yes, yes it was. "I'm stuck and if I die in here so help me I will haunt you."

The printer pressed down some more, and something with a sharp corner was digging into her hip. She couldn't freaking move and Sherry was suddenly certain that if she became lost in the junk-abyss she'd never be found.

Suddenly feeling very claustrophobic, a little panicky, and pretty sure that Mark was just gonna sit there while his office trash swallowed her whole, Sherry raised her free hand as best as she could, willing her weapon into glaive form. The plan: Summon her weapon and smash s**t, starting with that damn lava lamp.

Zoobey

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

WE ARE HALLOWEEN
Captain

Blessed Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:21 pm
Smashing stuff was a great idea in theory, but only proved the point of the finer the quicksand, the faster one sank." The lava lamp however, had definitely seen its last day.

"Use the Force," Mark said helpfully at Sherry, sexy shower and all entirely forgotten, "or just gimme five minutes I'm tagging an RP."

There was something tickling Sherry's feet and it definitely felt fuzzy.

Grngriff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:56 pm
Sherry let her arm fall, feeling rather defeated once again by the futility of it all. She was now out of breath and all she really had to show for it was an arm covered in lava lamp and an even more junk weighing her down.

Stay calm, stay calm. Panic wasn't going to help. Whether he meant to or not, though, Mark's words actually helped take her mind off the terrifying closeness of everything, at least for a moment.

"The Force? I'm not a-" Sherry didn't even bother to finish the sentence. She was going to die here, and Mark wouldn't even notice when she started to stink. One day, years from now, all that would be left of her was some bones, a weapon tablet, a gold ring she couldn't take off, and a bottomless flask filled with wine. If she was lucky they'd find the remains when it came time to clean this room out - if anyone ever dared to.

Her foot jerked in reaction to something touching it. Oh, lord, what was that? Shifting junk? Bugs? It was probably bugs. Sherry tried to move again, and felt her self sinking even more. The bugs would feast on her flesh, she just knew it. Mark was just going to sit there and let her die here, wasn't he? Sherry almost wanted to cry, this was sad and pathetic and the worst possible way she could go. It hurt her pride as much as anything.

Sherry swallowed the beginnings of a sob as she felt something that she was sure was a bug moved against her leg. Of course, if Mark was really going to help her then she'd be fine, but could she trust him to? Probably not. The asshat had just told her to use the Force. That wasn't how this s**t worked, Mark. The Force wasn't real and no one had the power to do any of that s**t.

Unbidden, a vision of gold filled her mind.

"Mark. Mark," she said, trying to shift so she could see him better. ********, she sank more. Sherry took a deep breath to calm herself. Focus, focus. And then she poured every ounce of her fear and will into the need to know. "Mark whatever-the-hell-your-last-name-is, I demand you tell me the truth: Are you going to help me out of this mess before I die?"

She honestly didn't know if what the dragon had told her was true - but if it was then maybe she'd know how much she needed to panic.

Zoobey
She can ask him another question later, right? (Mark RP is fun okay. )

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:12 pm
"You're not going to die," Mark said quite suddenly, "though now that you mentioned it, it may take you a while to fish yourself out, most people use extension cords. I would help you out of a mess if you were actually going to die, within reasonable safely of myself, of course but I am way too lazy and tired myself to do anything that doesn't involve me."

Mark wasn't wrong though, there were extension cords hanging around everywhere of impressive to nearly impossible lengths. There was a small pause. "Huh. I must like you more than I thought if I'm suddenly like, confessing all my feelings to you." Another pause. "Does this count as a date?"

GrnGriff

yes LMAO @ questions

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:02 pm
Mark's junk was giving Sherry a workout, but-

"Ha. No. This doesn't count as a date," Sherry said. She was almost feeling sheepish as she reached for one of the cords - but she still couldn't move her legs and she was pretty sure something just crawled over her thigh so clearly her fears had been justified.

"But. Thank you, for uh, telling me all of that. It's nice to know you'd help me if I really needed it." It was oddly comforting; probably just because it really would suck to have someone let you die. She tugged on a cord and felt herself shift, but it wasn't a sinking shift.

"Careful what you say, though, or I'll start to think you liked me at all." She now had three extension cords in her grasp, and felt like she was about to make headway. "Or maybe I just used the Force on you."

This whole pulling herself out of the mess was harder than it should be. "What's your favorite color?" Might as well try for some conversation.

Zoobey

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:54 am
"Green, why?" Mark wondered if this was a lightsaber thing. He thought about the conversation they were having, about the Force, and admitting helping her when she really needed it and not really dating.

"So, we're not having sex," he ventured, just to make sure. Sherry was giving really mixed signals, and she had given him soap so that had to mean something. "Is this like a self confidence thing where I'm supposed to tell you we shouldn't but should so you feel better, because I'm really confused."

GrnGriff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:34 pm
"Because I'm going to buy you a new lava lamp." She had some guilt about that, okay. Even if it had been busted before she smashed it. Not nearly as cool as lightsaber things, sorry, Mark.

"Um." Sherry paused to push the big old typewriter out of her way. Or maybe she was contemplating the question. It was kind of sweet, after all, him thinking about her feelings like that. "Mark. It's more about the fact that you really need a bath. The roaches and the not showering are really, really big turn-offs. I'm just not comfortable with sleeping with someone and having roaches join the party. So, no, we're not having sex. Sorry."

She actually did feel a little sorry. She didn't know why. Maybe because she was worried she'd hurt his feelings. Maybe it was because that was really nice soap that smelled like the sea and if Mark wasn't going to use it was going to be a great big waste - but she'd feel bad asking for it back now. Who knew? Sherry didn't.

Zoobey

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:48 pm
Even if Sherry couldn't see him, she could definitely hear a little deflated tone in Mark's voice. "Not even a little sex?"

Now he really couldn't understand why she was buying him things. "My favourite colour is still green though."

GrnGriff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:01 pm
Way to tug at her heartstrings, Mark. Appeal to her soft side, and all that. Sherry sighed. "No, not even a little." The bugs, Mark. The bugs. Other than the filth he wasn't all bad, though. He'd said he'd not just sit there and let her die, and he'd been rather sweet since then.

"If you ever do decide to shower again feel free to hit me up after, though. We could get drinks and see how things go." She'd said it as a reflex to help smooth things over -she felt being mean okay- , but Sherry was surprised to realize she actually meant it. Oh, god. Maybe she was that desperate, or lonely, or too nice, or just still in a emotional place after thinking she was going to die. Maybe she should just stay in the trash pile forever after all.

But she didn't want to stay in the trash pile, so she wiggled and heaved and slid along - until her let hit was she was assumed was solid ground.

"Finally." A great big breath of relief.

Zoobey

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:21 pm
At this Mark had no clue what to make of whatever just happened between the conversation between the continuous rejections and then the "seeing how things go". He just scratched his head and decided to file Sherry until potential threesome for the time being, thought it would have been nice if and when he rescued Dwight if he had brought a chick in each arm just to show off how cool he was now or something.

Mark briefly snapped out of his imagination zone. "Do I get to keep the stuff?" He began to sift through the soap, trying to see if there was anything other than soap. A sigh, and he pushed it back towards Sherry. "I'll just take the lava lamp."

Grngriff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:45 pm
Sherry was confused, too. She figured some fresh air would help clear her brain of all the craziness, and help her put her head on straight.

"If you want it." She wasn't going to make him, but she wasn't going ask for it back. Not that she needed too. Sherry took the soap basket with a sigh. Mark was going to filthy forever. "I suppose soap isn't really your thing. Lava lamp it is."

Dusting off her clothes a bit, Sherry turned towards the door, then back. "Uh. Sorry for the trouble today. But, um, I'll be back with your lamp sometime soon."

And with that she turned to leave.

Zoobey

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items