Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Other Archives
Side Team Mission - Sludge Wars Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:22 pm
An old annoyance has reared its head again. A bumbling group of well meaning idiots has made a mess in Unova yet again. Team Plasma, jumping on the latest craze of exotic Pokemon, had decided to import dozens of Grimer from a place called Alola. These particular Grimer are known to have a fierce appetite for solid waste and thus in their home region they have proven to be a boon in the fight against pollution.

Team Plasma being the 'environment friendly' Poke-enthusiast they are thought that maybe these 'natural' Grimer (as they think they are their true forms) would be perfect for cleaning up Castelia City's filth and ridding the city, and the region, of the human corrupted version of Grimer and thus restore the species to their purely natural state.

Unfortunately their plan is backfiring tremendously and a fierce turf war is brewing under Castelia City, the native Grimer population and the Alolan Grimer fighting it out. What they didn't anticipate is that the native Grimer's breeding habits were more than enough to survive these new predators but also the Alolan Grimer, with a consistent food supply, have begun to breed like wild as well. With numbers predicted to continue to climb Castelia is facing a coming crisis.

Castelia authorities have asked Snagem for help in trying to prevent the coming crisis as the Grimer cousins are beginning to spill into the city. Sub has asked all available Snagems to meet at Castelia Pokemon Center.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:27 pm
I rubbed my forehead as Rala teleported us to Castelia using that memories, although I suspected that the mild numbness I was feeling was my cranial situation acting up again.

I shook my head, which somehow helped with it a bit, and let Rala out of her ball. Being in Castelia should have evoked feelings of nostalgia, but between focusing on the mission and dealing with personal issues, I was rather occupied.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:47 pm
It wouldn't take too long for Amaranth and Cera to arrive at Castelia City, the two arriving by way of a Togekiss. What they were briefed on sounded weird, and more than a little foreign. But it also sounded like something they weren't sure of how to deal with. Still, the two figured they'd do what they could.

They'd both arrive at one of the Pokemon Centers in the city, Togekiss being recalled soon after as they looked around for anyone else that was around.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:02 pm
"Hmmmmmm." Lykas let out a small sound of curiosity as he arrived in Castelia city with Mykel at his side. "How long has it been since we were last in Unova?" Lykas asked, genuinely not recalling how long it had been. He remembered still being 100% human back then, though.

"It has been a few years, hasn'the it?" Mykel asked, taking a few steps forward and looking around.

"So why are we here again?" Lykas asked, reading through the message from Sub on his SNAG as he nodded in agreement with Mykel. "Looks like it's a cleanup detail." He announced, stowing the device and looking around for the Snagem leader.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:17 pm
"Yep, clean up detail." Sub said to Lykas as the others arrived. "Let's head towards the heart of the problem, Castelia Sewers." With that said Sub would walk out of the Pokemon Center, making his way down the main street of Castelia City.

The Snagems wouldn't have to walk through Castelia for long before they were confronted by their first trial as they would spot a Pokemon Center Ambulance being attacked by a group of strange green Grimer, the weird sludge creatures latched onto the vehicle and gnawing away at it. There ambulance driver inside was blocked in and it looked like there were people and sick Pokemon in the back.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:26 pm
I couldn't help but wonder what the Grimer were doing attacking a vehicle containing sick Pokemon, but they had to go. Reasoning that they were Poison-types, I decided not to use Rala against them even though she could have taken them down easily.

"Master, I can't sense their energy," Rala chimed in before I decided on who to use.

"Dark-types?" I asked aloud to warn the other Snagems. "Mutated Grimer, maybe?" I added as a way to pose my own theory. Regardless, I let Sparrow out of her ball. "Quick Attack, Sparrow. Get those Grimer off of that ambulance."

Sparrow cooed in agreement before dashing toward the foreign Grimer, her body coated in Normal energy.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:51 pm
SubonicXP
"Yep, clean up detail." Sub said to Lykas as the others arrived. "Let's head towards the heart of the problem, Castelia Sewers." With that said Sub would walk out of the Pokemon Center, making his way down the main street of Castelia City.

The Snagems wouldn't have to walk through Castelia for long before they were confronted by their first trial as they would spot a Pokemon Center Ambulance being attacked by a group of strange green Grimer, the weird sludge creatures latched onto the vehicle and gnawing away at it. There ambulance driver inside was blocked in and it looked like there were people and sick Pokemon in the back.
"Bleck, fun..." Cera remarked, huffing at the idea. Her tune would end up changing before long, nearly dropping the odd egg in her arms as she saw the ambulance and the Grimer. They did look like a Grimer, but the color was weird, nevermind the pieces of white on them. They didn't seem to have much of a smell compared to normal ones, which came off as even weirder.

"Ya think they could've maybe started with one of those instead of a bunch?" She asked, trying to telekinetically yank one off of the ambulance. They couldn't be that different from a normal Grimer, right?

Amaranth, on the other hand, would release her Woobat and Goomy. Both seemed happy to be out for once, at least until Woobat suddenly had Goomy placed on her like a hat. Screeching in protest, she'd try to shake the draconic pile of goo off.

"I'm sorry, but we need to keep up with them if they start moving!" Amaranth shouted as she ran onward. Once she caught up, she'd have them both attack. "Now! Air Slash and Dragon Breath!"

Goomy would hold on as Woobat began to whip up a harsh, slicing wind to attack the Grimer while hopefully leaving the ambulance intact. The Dragon Breath would follow soon after, carrying in the wind generated by Air Slash to add an extra punch to Woobat's attack.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:10 pm
One of the several Grimer were knocked off the ambulance by Sparrow and its Quick Attack, another three smacked away by the combination of DragonBreath and Air Slash. A fifth would be picked off as Landor was released by Sub, the Scraggy smashing a knee into the face of the Grimer with Jump Kick. As for the one Cera attempted to pry off it remained unaffected.

"Looks like they are at least part Dark type." Sub commented as he watched Cera fail to use her telekinetic abilities on the strange Pokemon. "I want one." The man said with a smile.

"Grime grimer!" The six Grimer shouted as they turned their attention away from the ambulance and towards the Snagems. The Grimer would begin to remove a 'tooth' from each of their mouths and throw them towards the Snagems. Thinking they looked harmless enough Sub just stood there confused, that was until the 'teeth' hit the ground at his feet and burst into a poisonous cloud. "Ack! What the hell!?"  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:03 pm
Pokemon on Hand

Mykel
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show., Chinami
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show., Cascade
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show., Fog
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show., Tallulah
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.,Cordelia
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Abilities and Attacks

Mykel
Ability: Synchronize
1. Psychic
2. Moonblast
3. Teleport
4. Heal Pulse

Chinami
Ability: Torrent
1. Rock Smash
2. Reversal
3. Razor Shell
4. Copycat

Cascade
Ability: Water Absorb
1. Twister
2. Agility
3. Bubble Beam
4. Wing Attack

Fog
Ability: Hydration
1. Aurora Beam
2. Aqua Tail
3. Rain Dance
4.Sheer Cold

Tallulah
Ability: Sniper
1. Bubble Beam
2. Dragon Pulse
3. Dragon Dance
4. Outrage

Cordelia
Ability: Rock Head
1. Rock Tomb
2. Take Down
3. Yawn
4. Head Smash

Lykas released his Dewott at this point, taking a quick inventory of who all he had brought along with him beforehand in order to decide who would do best. "Alright, Chinami, we need to get rid of these Grimer." But first, Sub needed help. "Use your fans and get rid of that Poison Gas!" He instructed, already annoyed with these things.

With Chinami distracted by her task of assisting Sub, Lykas instead released Cordelia the Relicanth. "Cordelia, Rock Tomb!" He instructed the Relicanth, surprised by her ability to stand on the sidewalk with her fins. "I didn't know Relicanth were ambulatory....." He noted more to himself than to anyone else. This was just proof he needed to spend more time working with his Pokemon. Regardless of Lykas' personal revelations, Cordelia nodded and slapped a fin on the ground, a jagged prison of stone pillars erupted around the Grimer ahead of her, tearing at them when they made contact and attempting to imprison them so they couldn't attack again.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:14 pm
"I know, right?" I told Sub. "If I'm guessing right, Poison/Dark is an interesting combination. What's more, these Grimer would be easier to train than the usual Grimer due to lack of smell. Though their bodies are still composed of waste..."

Seeing Chinami cut off my train of thought, and forced me to remember Samurai. I missed him something fierce, although I strangely couldn't remember much about him other than his stubbornness and affection for Chinami.

I shook my head, forcing my focus back on the battle. "Try Pecking a few of them Sparrow. We need to get them off that vehicle!"

Sparrow cooed and landed next to a group of mutant Grimer, thrusting at them with Flying energy from her beak.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:16 pm
SubonicXP
One of the several Grimer were knocked off the ambulance by Sparrow and its Quick Attack, another three smacked away by the combination of DragonBreath and Air Slash. A fifth would be picked off as Landor was released by Sub, the Scraggy smashing a knee into the face of the Grimer with Jump Kick. As for the one Cera attempted to pry off it remained unaffected.

"Looks like they are at least part Dark type." Sub commented as he watched Cera fail to use her telekinetic abilities on the strange Pokemon. "I want one." The man said with a smile.

"Grime grimer!" The six Grimer shouted as they turned their attention away from the ambulance and towards the Snagems. The Grimer would begin to remove a 'tooth' from each of their mouths and throw them towards the Snagems. Thinking they looked harmless enough Sub just stood there confused, that was until the 'teeth' hit the ground at his feet and burst into a poisonous cloud. "Ack! What the hell!?"
There'd be a very sudden change of tactic and moving when the poisonous clouds began to billow around everyone. At least, until realizing that something could be done. Once Amaranth stopped panicking, she'd have her Woobat try to dissipate the cloud with Gust, trying not to breathe too much for the time being.

Cera would have less luck, having to keep her distance. "You would want one... maybe decide on that sooner rather than later? I'm not throwing myself into deadly poison from the world's worst case of halitosis, not when- wait.." Catching herself, she'd form an Aura Sphere and flick it at one of the Grimer still on the truck. "...forgot I could just do that."  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:43 pm
As the cloud of poisonous gas was blown away Sub inhaled deep and let out a sigh of relief afterwards, pleased to be able to breath again. "Thanks." He said, breathing in deep again. The rest of the gas would be blown away by Amaranth's Woobat, and yet the stench lingered.

The lone Grimer still on the truck would be smacked off by Cera's Aura Sphere. As for the group on the ground Tandor would kick a straggler back towards the main group and Sparrow would move in with its Peck to push two others closer in with the larger group. With all the Grimer corralled together Cordelia's Rock Tomb would go off and imprison the Grimer in a rocky tomb, shouts of their protests coming from inside of it.

"Phew, they don't smell until they break their teeth...things...whatever those are." Sub mused, finally able to relax and so recalled his Scraggy. "Now to pick out a good one." The man said as he approached the pile of rocks, intent on catching one but unfortunately something else would take his attention as an explosion rocked the street. "What was that!?" Sub shouted as he darted around to face the area of which it came from. "Sounded like it came from the docks. Cera, Terashi, help those inside the ambulance into the Pokemon Center. Then let's borrow said ambulance and load those weird Grimer into it, we can't just leave them here. Bring the ambulance to the docks." With that said Sub ran off, expecting the others not addressed to follow.

-----

Once the Snagems arrived at the docks they would find the source of the explosion to be a multi-colored Muk that looked like it tried to eat a regular Muk, causing the regular Muk to retaliate with Explosion and trigger an even bigger explosion thanks to the combustible toxins in the multi-colored Muk. While there were no sludge creatures fighting here the explosion damaged the dock they were on and now a trio of civilians and one Plasma grunt were endanger of falling into the waters below, rocky wave breakers awaiting them to fall on.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:53 pm
I coughed a bit after the Grimers vacated the outside of the amulance. The hell was that smell? I didn't inhale any of whatever that was, did I?

I left that question unanswered when Sub asked me to help. "On it," I nodded, getting into the driver's seat and starting up the ambulance after only two failed starts.

I wanted to tell Cera to stick with the rest of the Snagems because I knew the way to the nearest Pokemon Center and having a Legendary around would garner unwanted attention. However, the thought of having to deal with more of the mutated Grimer made me realized that having an ally wasn't such a bad idea.

I stuck my head out the open window to see if Cera was ready to go before I started driving.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:02 pm
Pokemon on Hand

Mykel
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show., Chinami
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show., Cascade
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show., Fog
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show., Tallulah
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.,Cordelia
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Abilities and Attacks

Mykel
Ability: Synchronize
1. Psychic
2. Moonblast
3. Teleport
4. Heal Pulse

Chinami
Ability: Torrent
1. Rock Smash
2. Reversal
3. Razor Shell
4. Copycat

Cascade
Ability: Water Absorb
1. Twister
2. Agility
3. Bubble Beam
4. Wing Attack

Fog
Ability: Hydration
1. Aurora Beam
2. Aqua Tail
3. Rain Dance
4.Sheer Cold

Tallulah
Ability: Sniper
1. Bubble Beam
2. Dragon Pulse
3. Dragon Dance
4. Outrage

Cordelia
Ability: Rock Head
1. Rock Tomb
2. Take Down
3. Yawn
4. Head Smash

Lykas darted off after Sub, recalling Cordelia and Chinami with a word of thanks to each, tossing out a new ball containing Cascade. "Get up there and get them to safety!" He instructed, pointing out the civilians. Without missing a beat, Cascade aimed a Twister downward to toss himself skyward and then raced toward the docks with Agility. He might not be able to fly properly but he could certainly glide like nobody's business. Using Twister when needed to keep himself off the ground, the Mantine rushed for the endangered humans.

Scooping them up once he got close enough, he'd return to solid land with them and let them get off the rollercoaster ride that was his flight. "What is wrong with you guys?" Lykas asked of the Plasma grunt when he caught up. "Do you not realize how easy it is to screw up ecosystems with invasive species?"  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:17 am
"Thank you so much cutey!" The woman rescued said as she hugged the Mantine. "You saved me and my beloved!" The man rescued said as he instead hugged Lykas. A pretty clingy couple weren't they? As for the Plasma grunt he just stood there for a bit and accepted his verbal hazing from the jellyfish man before daring to speak.

"Well uh...it seemed like a good idea at the time?" Was all the grunt had to say for himself, laughing nervously as he looked Lykas in the eyes.

"You guys never cease to amaze me." Sub said as he walked up from behind Lykas, just shaking his head as he watched the bridge fall into the water. "Where are the rest of you goons?" The man asked the grunt, watching the clingy couple embrace each other before running off hand-in-hand. Where they wearing matching outfits? Freaks.

"Rest of...oh! You mean the other Plasmas! They are in the sewers. We had a great idea for getting rid of the human corrupt Grimer and Muk while keeping the pure natural ones. We're going to flood the city's sewer systems with Pecha Berry concentrate! When the Grimer and Muk drink or come in contact with it they will be purified of their poisonous corruption! Because Pecha Berries cure poison." The Plasma grunt said, acting rather proud of this idea.

"...I don't even know what to say about that idea." Was all Sub could say. He really didn't, it was almost childlike in its logic. Would it work? Absolutely not. Was it safe? He wasn't sure. "Why don't you uh...go relax, yeah, just stay out of the way and we'll go make sure your friends are okay." He told the grunt who just smiled big before skipping off. "I'll never get used to these guys." Sub said with a sigh. "You know where the entrance to the sewer system is?" He asked Lykas as he turned towards him.  
Other Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff