Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[Awakening] Cracked (Kai/Lawr)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:27 pm
Tight and heavy, he let out a half-gasp as he felt clammy moisture against his skin. IT was cold, which was unusual for him when he usually always was on the warm side. Why did every part of him feel heavy?

---

Down the ailse like a fire alarm in a kitchen down the hall, a pod console flickered to life and let out a persistent beeping.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:39 pm

Lawrence felt like he was jinxed lately when he was working in the pod rooms, there was never any time to sit and read a book or zone out, there was always something going off. With a sigh he closed his book and made his way along the rows. He could only hope that this time it wasn't another kid of his stumbling out to cause hassle and mayhem in his life.

Picking up the clipboard and reading the name he exhaled in relief. Good. It wasn't anything he recognised from before.

"God morgon" he said in a sing-song voice as he pushed open the door. "Welcome to Deus Ex Machina."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:56 pm
The words were sharp against his ears, and he felt the sensation drill into his head with the kind of stinging bells of a all-night binge drinking. For all he could gather, that's what had happened. It was just strange he wasn't face down in a stripped mattress with traffic raging outside but instead standing up. Had he slept in a closet or fallen asleep against the window of a subway?

When the door fell away, it took his support, his shoulders having been squeezed on both sides of him and his hair pressed so comfortably around him that it formed a hot mass that pressed badly against his back.

Gasping lead to coughing, and as he gripped the pod and reached out for what he thought might be a chair or a table or anything that could be there, his sneakers caught on the lip of the pod and he fell out and into the expanse and down.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:48 am
Kai didn’t hit the floor but instead was caught by a pair of wiry arms that were far stronger than they should have been. Only one hand though. The clipboard clattered to the floor, dropped the moment Lawrence realised he would need to catch the man. “Woah there.” He said with a laugh. “You won’t be steady on your feet for a bit.”

There was really no way such a short and wiry man should have been able to so unflinchingly brace himself against Kai’s weight. It was in defiance of both gravity and expected natural laws both looked and felt strange to say the least. He propped the man back on his feet, deftly hiding his disgust at how grubby and hairy the podling seemed.

“Can you hear me properly?” he asked. “We need to make sure that you are coherent. How many fingers am I holding up?” And just to really test the guy, he held up his missing hand.  

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:40 am
It made absolutely no sense that the man that grabbed him didn't fall, having tackled plenty of guys twice his size with no problem. Instead, he was grabbed with the same solidness of a linebacker, and he stopped a moment before he grabbed the dude's shoulder and tried to get himself back up again. Stepping back, he leaned against the sardine can he had been shoved into and grabbed his head. He needed a pair of sunglasses and a bed.

"What the hell did I take?" Was the first thought, feeling like he had binged on a prescription cocktail of whatever was in anyone's pocket along with many shots.

Looking over through squinting eyes, he tried to answer to give an automatic "10" and then stopped and went "5?" His eyes instantly went to the other half and saw the guy had no arm. Not to mention this, he looked like a scientist or doctor in the white coat and he was made more concerned.

"Yeah, I can hear you. What the.." He looked away from him, noticing the cylinder tubes all around him glowing and felt his heart pick up faster and faster. "What?" He then turned to look behind him to see even more, one hand sliding down his chest and stomach to life up his shirt to make sure there were no organ-removing scars.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:23 am
Lawrence was at the very least good at patience when he wasn’t after some sort of gain. He helped to firmly steady the man again.

“You are confused.” He said calmly, with the sort of steely indifference that was typical of him. The man was a mess, more disorientated than most and he found himself wondering what happened if you found a sleeper who had woken up imperfect and unusable. They wouldn’t waste resources on someone who was broken, surely. Maybe they’d be scrapped.

“You haven’t taken anything except a very clear decision to commit the rest of your life to someone else’s cause. Surely you remember at least part of your trial. Gas masks. Betrayal. Blood. No memories to go by. You were chosen, then you accepted. Now a weapon has chosen you and awakened you from your deathly slumber.” He enjoyed a bit of drama, and though he hadn’t personally experienced a trial like the others, he knew what they had in common and had watched a few recordings for his own satisfaction.

"At this point you forfeit your choices. To the outside world you are dead. You can no longer see anyone you knew before, it all lies in what you choose from here on out." And he smiled sweetly. "Consider the island an extended trial. There will be people who can hurt you or help you. Im the helpful sort, hence why I'm here. Be careful who you trust besides though."

"You have not been harmed though you almost died. You were in suspended animation and now it is January 2017. Be glad if you missed any portion of 2016." He laughed. "Trump won the election."

"Anyway I digress. I am here as a guide and to answer any questions you might well have. I am Dr Michaels"  

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:29 am
Confused was an understatement and he held onto the pod as he slowly walked around it to get a good look at the room. The words were hard to hold onto or make much sense, washing over him like the dialogue to a sci-do movie where he was expected to take several trials before saving the universe. The Tron capsules were really throwing him off and he wasn't sure if he was in space or the Matrix.

"Yeah." He managed at the dream before leaning against the pod. Leaning his head back, he ran a hand through the top of his hair before pausing and looking back at the doctor.

"It's 2017?! Are you serious?"

It didn't matter if he was presumed dead, everyone back home would just think it once he disappeared longer than a year. <******** me. So - is this like some eliminate everyone to be the winner kinda deal here?" He mentioned an island, a trial, and a weapon. It just came off as a death match in his head.

Patting his pockets, he tried to find his cigarettes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:38 am

"Yes 2017." he repeated, well aware that for most people it was a shock to the system. "And in a way yes. We are supposed to help each other and work together, we are a small military of sorts, but you'll find that going all out helpful will get you taken advantage of by the nasty ones. Mostly it's decent, it's not quite civilisation but there is a bar, a cafeteria, semi-tolerable living quarters and room for upwards mobility."

His eyes followed the patting.

"You'll find that your possessions have been confiscated, you can retrieve them along with a division coat when you choose a dormitory."

He stooped to pick up the clipboard. "Sun division. Front line offensive combat. You certainly look the type." and he smiled, looking Kai over thoughtfully. "Not bad, even if you could use a shave and a bath. Possibly two of both."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:01 am
He gave up his search and decided to focus back on the doctor. Clipboard, coat, and straight-laced information.

"I remember the military bit from the recruiter. Guess I'm off grid now. You guys could have at least thawed me out sooner."

He rang his fingers down his jaw and along his best and smiled. It was just the same as it had been and not as long as a wizard as he would have thought.

"Nah, man. This don't get shaved."

He tried to stand up again. "So what do I do now? Get a uniform and a shower?" A number. A dorm. A close watch,

"Hope you guys don't expect me to shave." He kinda had a thing going with his hair.

"You're not here to do physicals, are you?" As a doctor with a clipboard, he just assumed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:47 am

"No they won't shave you, it's military but private military, you'll see a lot of strange fashion out there, the upper management don't mind much, so long as you do your job. If you get yourself killed with your fashion choices it's mostly on your head ultimately." he shrugged. "It's fairly lenient and good for those of us who enjoy keeping ourselves trim."

He looked over at the door. "Well. Your first stop would be at the weapon cove, you see we didn't thaw you out, no one chose when you woke up. Somewhere down there is a weapon that is now your partner till death do you part. Until you find it, you are vulnerable, but you better hope you do." and he smiled a little scarily. "Because without it you don't wake up properly and the sleepers who never wake up get switched off permanently. Tick tock."

He strolled ahead, his cloak billowing behind him as he went. "This way, if you please."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:25 pm
The Weapon Cove sounded like a some place in some children's television show, but was made a lot more grim when it was mentioned it somehow affected his health and meant he could wind up dropping dead if he didn't go there.

A lot of what was being told to him was equal parts terrifying and confusing. What he did understand mainly involved a lot of dying or getting straight up murdered by people, and the other half was just confusing words that all somehow left a very unsettling undertone.

Why did this not feel like the great escape plan he had signed up for and instead some gladiator science experiment.

"If it means me living, lead the way." He said, following the blonde toothpick out of the room with once last look at his pod.

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games