Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[ camp lucy ] Orientation ORP, pg 2, 3, 6 - 2nd post updated Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:19 pm
Marcus was in the background, drinking siracha laced hot chocolate because at the time it seemed like a good idea and after he added it, it was too late to have regrets.

He wished however than Cass had let him wear the ugly holiday sweater to the civilian dress code meeting.

It had three moons and a wolf on it- thus far Marcus thought it was the best.

---------------
Elio was also there but even more vague because he was just that kind of person.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:26 pm
"I want to emphasize, again, that this is a cooperative zone. We work with the Bogeymen, and if we see some stray critters, we help guide them. Do not fight them if you can avoid it, if I find out one of ours took first swing at one of them, you're gone. And while it's not bad to be nice to them, don't push anything like weaponization at them. At most, if they seem likely to join us, arrange to meet them somewhere away from this forest, in their world."

The redhead looks out over the group, nods to herself, and then gives a closing rundown of extras. "If you're running a specialization and want to add your own piece of training to this little get together, contact me with the details and we'll put you on the roster."

Gesturing toward the cabins, she goes on, "Those're where you'll be sleeping, four to a room, four rooms per cabin. Feel free to add a cute name or mascot or some other s**t to them. You can go back to Deus to sleep if you want, but we'd like to encourage you to stay and bond with your fellow hunters. We'll have bonfires where you can kumbaya the ******** outta each other, okay? Breakfast's from 6-8, lunch starts at noon, dinner at 7. First come, first serve, and it's a helluva lot better than the cafeteria fare."

The slides go through a number of images, featuring barbecue, breakfast buffets, and all sorts of the best campout food they could hope for, ending with a gooey close up of a s'more."

"That's the main gist of it, you can sign yourself up for the basic patrols over at the bulletin board. Groups of 2-4 only please! In your free-time, we've got some training courses for you to enjoy, I expect some good numbers out of those, so don't hold back!"

And then they were dismissed, except for, "If any of you are newbies and have questions about what you've woken up to, what our organization does, the Other World, or anything else, feel free to stay and ask questions. If anybody needs to talk to me in private, I'll be available later. If you can't find me, the name's America Jones, ask and somebody'll point you in the right direction."

Quote:

The second post has been updated with patrols and basic camp duties, feel free to create as many prp's and orps as you would like!

For every thread you complete to word req, you will have the option of writing a mission report on your work. You may claim +1 bonus rp point for each report submitted, with a maximum cap of 8 bonus points.

Please use [ Camp Lucy ] in your thread title.

If you have any questions, just ask or IM me!

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:38 pm
"Councilor? Me? N-nah, politics piss me off too much to wanna get in it." And the point completely flies over Joy's head. "Staff t-shirts would be super useful though. Sometimes it's easy to tell the difference between one-of-us and one-of-them. Other times, the outfit is all you got going." She continued to babble before finally realizing she was still holding Kai's hand.

"Ah, sorry about that. You're just really warm." She didn't let go abruptly but she did let him have his hand back. "I dunno if I help just new people but I'm Moon, and it's mostly on protecting stuff. What's your division?"

And that was when America started explaining things.

MoonKitsune

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:00 am
Huni Pi

"Hey you cold, you don't need to excuse it. I'm a furnace. You can bring it in if you want." He said, lifting one arm up for her to take his side. It wasn't like he was going to deny a lady his body anytime.

When the red-head continued to clear a few things up, he was still left holding a bag of questions. "I'm gonna need to hit this woman up for some answers. I have no idea what's going on and seems like I'm gonna get yelled at if I do something wrong. Half the stuff she said made no sense. You gonna stay here and keep warm by the fire?"

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:24 am
Joy didn't even think twice about going in for a hug. Yeah the fire was great and all but body heat was better if only because it involved human contact. Her weapon bonded snorted in derision and gave the distinct impression that he was not impressed by her. Joy gave the reaper the mental finger and sighed a grateful, "Tenchuu~"

America's briefing was straight to the point and had Joy chuckling at some of the snark, "The island's cafeteria has nothing on the karinderyas back home."

When Kai was going to go ask for clarifications, Joy didn't want her walking hot-water bottle to leave. "I'll go-with. I gotta ask some stuff too."

MoonKitsune

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:36 am
Research. Should I try to tell them in German first? He sighed through his nose, and gave a cursory glance to his partner. "You're still an a*****e." Zeke strove to prove that much with undying devotion - and it showed in all the ways he toyed with Von. He knew he needed to find someone else to cop his cigarettes from, and quickly; he doubted Zeke would wait too much longer before imposing weird limitations on acquiring cancer sticks, and Lexington wasn't ready to break an addiction.

"Looks like I've got questions to ask." He stood and dusted his pants of the forest detritus that clung so steadfastly. "Maybe she'll know where to get some cigarettes." He hoped she would; sticking around with Zeke had never been a plan of his.

This camp offered a few amenities he sorely lacked, and for that he thought playing along meant only a slight drawback to the boons provided. He could have a decent bed without bathroom pipes going through his walls, he could have appetizing food, and training with people who weren't Zeke. Really he'd have taken it for the not-Zeke time alone, but offers of a decent bed and breakfast urged him all the more. Or, his roommates might snore, complain of the smoke smell in his clothes, obnoxiously try to engage him all the time, and the food might look better than it actually tastes. Reality tended to lie somewhere in-between.

Good thing he could do basically anything for a couple of weeks.

beejoux

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:13 am
Huni Pi

lizbot

"Cool. Let's go get less confused." He said, leading her along with him to move into the circle of people around the red-headed woman.

Since he didn't know how this all worked, he rose his hand up. "Sup. So like I don't know nothing so what's a Boogeyman and Reaper and how do I know what is what?"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:24 am
MoonKitsune

lizbot

Joy was happy enough to stay warm and be led and the smile on her face showed that. She also raised a hand to ask, "Do we gotta make up names when non-us peeps end up asking for 'em?"  

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:19 am
Gretchen chuckled. "That is very true. It's pretty impossible to tell how things're goin' to turn out." And the humor in her voice leaked away a little at that, but she caught it, shaking her head.

"We can only hope, right?"

kuropeco

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:45 am
Have a newly awakened Life trainee in the form of Terry Cruise. Whether Terry wanted to attend or not, that decision was out of his hands. Or he would have liked to think it was out of his hands so as to have a lovely scapegoat in case he royally messed something up. He hoped he wouldn't. He wanted to be the best most epic support anyone could ever ask for.

He was dressed in a trench coat that was a little frayed at the elbows and the edges but it was serviceable and warm enough for the temperatures of the camp. Underneath was nothing too eye-catching, just a blue mock-turtleneck and black pants.

Unfortunately by the time he arrived, the briefing had finished which left him completely clueless and what he himself would consider more of a liability than an asset. Outwardly he looked like he was studying his surroundings when really he was frantically searching for someone familiar.

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200

Steal

Kindred Collector

25,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:22 pm
Kimberly as usual was late showing up. She walked into the camp as others were heading out to do their own missions, of guarding or guiding or whatever. One thing she did catch was the shocking statement that she was not to fight. Whaaaa? Why was she, a sun hunter here when she couldn't fight? It did explain the lack of people she knew.

"Seems I came to the wrong place or something.." She ran one hand through her hair and looked around dismally. Well she was already here and this was supposed to be able to do something to teach her so .. When in Rome.. pretend you actually want to be there and wouldn't rather be somewhere else.

She looked at the information about what she had to do and wandered off. No point in stirring things up... Damn she had so been hoping to have some fun though...

"Patrol it is I guess..."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:27 am
Jason was there, In the background, half listening to the explanation and half chillin.

He was feeling pretty cool. As in cold because it was freezing out here. But He was wearing the scarf Solia gave him as a present so he wasn't too cold.  

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:01 pm
Someone else had asked what Boogeymen and Reapers were. Lin listened for the answers attentively. Being an ignorant newbie grated on her nerves, and she hadn't yet been given an introductory briefing or any kind of classes. It made some sense to her that she'd been allowed to settle in with her new surroundings and new weapon, but not knowing anything made her antsy.  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff