Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ The Fifth Age ]:
[PRP] Lost in a Sea of Siblings (Pippin and Daedalus)[FIN] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:53 am
User ImageIt had been so long since Hjortur had rescued Pippin from the 'wilds' of the lake that she could scarcely remember what it had been like to be on her own, taking care of herself. Not long after she had made her decision to stay with Hjortur, their little family quickly grew. Pippin had gone from being completely independent and on her own, to a member of quite a large family. Sometimes it was very noisy around here, with all the bodies and Hjortur's love of music. Today, it was seemingly quiet though. Perhaps the others were out and about, Pippin wasn't sure.

She swam past some of Hjortur's instruments and reached a hand out for the flute. The first time she had ever heard music, it had come from this flute. She had always preferred dancing to the music over playing it for herself. She knew how to play though, you couldn't be a child of Hjortur and not have picked up music. She played a few notes, letting the sound carry in the empty room as she glanced out a window into the naiad city, watching the naiad swim around in the distance. She never really had to think about making friends, Hjortur was always bringing home new friends for her to call brother or sister. As she got older, her soul was beginning to yearn for more than what her family could give her.

Daisicle
Hope this is okay, it's been a while. *shakes off the dust*

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:08 am
User Image
As he'd grown older, the young demi-god had found himself frequenting his father less and less often. Given how his lessons above were increasing in intensity as he prepared to be a fully-realized god in his own right, it was to be expected. There was much to study, but also much fun to be had in the experience. As could be expected to happen when a child frequented between two lives, two homes, two families, Daedalus had subconsciously categorized the benefits of each to his personal well-being and ideals. For his duty and strengthening the body and mind, Dolander, the land of his mother, was best. For the unique fluidity of the culture, excitement, and wonder, Alu Spring, the land of his father, served such a purpose.

He didn't dislike the loose-nature of his family down below; in fact, he probably preferred it. But if he let himself partake in such enjoyment for too long, he'd begin to regret his position in life. His own happiness came secondary to ensuring that for others. Still... He was entitled to some necessary degree of freedom and amusement among those he served. Doing so would improve his empathy and strengthen his resolve.

Plus, it was nice to stretch his fins out every once in a while. Only below could he hope to match his sister's beautiful dance movements.

Ahhh... How nice the palace seemed today. How long had it been since he last visited (never sending word he was coming, of course; like father, like son)? Smiling lightly as he casually moved through the underwater halls, unaffected by some of the curious stares he received from those who had not seen fins such as his before, he made his way to his father's abode.

He didn't knock as he entered. Of course not.

The red figure that stood out amongst the rest of everything, flute in hand. He didn't make a word as she played it - she'd improved since the last time! - but rather waited until the tone finished to clap his hands together. "Nice! How you've improved!" As he finished speaking, he pressed his hands together one final time before lowering them and flashing her a wide grin. "Thing's been well for you?"

Wolfs Heart

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:18 pm
Pippin looked up in surprise as she heard her brother's clapping and realized she had an audience. "Oh? You really think so?" She asked modestly, yet earnest. She turned the flute over in her hand, looking at it thoughtfully. "I probably haven't practiced as much as I should." She mentioned as she looked back up at Daedalus. "Did you just come in?" Pippin had felt like it had been awhile since she had seen him and knew he had likely been with his mother, although she knew very little about the situation other then that his mother was not from the water.

"I suppose things have been alright." Things had been quiet and lonely in truth, but she preferred not to burden her little brother with such negativity. It probably hadn't even been that quiet or lonely anyways, she was just looking at the world differently and feeling stuck. After all, she was supposed to be an adult now. "How was your... Trip?" Pippin wasn't entirely sure what to call it, so she hesitated.

Daisicle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:48 pm
"Of course! It still hasn't quite gotten to Calliope's skill, but it was stronger than I remember it being last." Considering the absolute virtuoso his sister, literally the goddess of music, was, even comparing one's skill to hers should have been a heavy compliment. He parted his hands and brought one to hold his chin, nodding, eyes closer. "Perhaps..." his tone was serious, but he quickly opened his eyes with his grin once more, "...but to say you need to practice takes the fun of it and makes it into work - unless you are actually a musician now like pops, in which case it is work." he closed his eyes to nod again in a similar manner as before, seeming to think things over. "But even so!" His expression, so variable as always, returned back to that grin, "Why not make work into play? If you find enjoyment in it, it is hardly work at all, is that not so?"

Having made his point, he let his arms fall behind him and swam around her back to above her shoulder, peering down for a second. "Yup! Just got in." He did a light flip over her, gracefully (and quickly) snatching the flute from her hand before looking back to her. At her next comment, although his face held the same carefree smile, his eyes seemed to be carefully taking in the most minute of her body's cues, from her tone to any subconscious movements she made.

Something about that sentence seemed off, like she wanted to bring up a topic but chose not to out of consideration for him. Venus be blessed he couldn't quite tell just from the undertones what that topic might be, but he assumed all it would take was a little push. It was his duty and his desire to help others, after all.

"Hmm...?" he mused at the comment, his eyes narrowing slightly and his smile twisting into an almost coy smirk.

His expression returned to normal with a sigh and a lazy shrug. "It was uneventful, per usual." He tossed the flute to his other hand before bringing it up to his lips and playing a few notes from a cheerful little tune. "Sweet Tariel..." he made a face at the instrument. "...I forgot how different it is to play underwater. Here, I shall return it." Mid-sentence, Daedalus tossed the flute back to Pippin, confident in her ability to catch it.

Wolfs Heart

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:23 pm
The complement brought a bright smile to Pippin's face. "Wow, thanks!" Pippin shook her head and laughed at her brother's sage advice which had her head spinning for a moment as she tried to navigate his logic. "It's true, if you're enjoying something, it can't be work. Doesn't matter if you need too. I guess I should have clarified that I want to practice more." Agreed Pippin. Although, despite the fun that she had making music, she wasn't actually sure that she wanted to practice more.

"Hey!" She called out as Daedalus, stealthily took the flute. She narrowed her eyes at him playfully.

"Oh, you know. Things just get quiet sometimes, I suppose that's why you spend so much time on the surface? More entertaining up there? You have friends up there too?" Pippin spilled at just the lightest push, although she mostly asked questions without directly stating that she was feeling lonely. However, it didn't seem the case that things were more lively on the land or that there might be companionship waiting above the water. "Oh..." She trailed off in mild disappointment, she had hoped he had more exciting tales of his time on the land.

Pippin caught the flute, "I'm shocked, you've lost your touch. I guess I"m not the only one who needs more practice."

Daisicle
Apparently Daedalus owns a dentistry near me.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:08 pm
Daedalus was happy to have heard his sister's affirmation of her own wishes, pleased at how innocent and wistful they sounded.

"Friends...?" he mused back, an almost confused expression crossing onto his face. Home was full of family, aunts and uncles and cousins alike. What of the harpies; could they be considered friends? They were akin to their humble, devout followers... But those new twins really were so precious, even more so than their mothers (not that they were not dear to him). He felt ever so warmly towards them as well. A gentle expression replaced his previous one as he nodded. "...perhaps one might call them that. You ought to come visit Amārēmur at some point. I think you would find it truly entertaining" From her tone, it seemed her problem either involved boredom or loneliness, two often inter-related things.

Daedalus made a truly unbecoming face as she poked fun at him, gawking at the notion. With a huff, he crossed his arms, pouting somewhat. "You would rescind that statement if you heard me above!"

"So..." he turned that pout upwards into a smile, his head cocking to the side. His eyes appeared to have widened somewhat, their golden hue seemingly glowing as the water around them rippled, their surface almost vacant and unfocused. It was if he was seeing past her exterior, directly into the depths of her heart. Perhaps one day, with enough training, he'd be able to do just that, figuratively speaking. Even so, it would hardly feel as though Pippin was speaking with a teenager at this moment.

"Have you want for excitement or companionship?"

Wolfs Heart

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:57 pm
Pippin watched Daedalus thoughtfully, he might call them friends? Sometimes her brother spoke in riddles that she didn't understand. It could be frustrating, considering that he was younger then her. She simply shrugged her shoulders at his suggestion that she visit the place he went too above the water. "Oh, I don't know, maybe." Getting out of the water, never really had appeal to her, but perhaps that was where all the fun was being had.

She chuckled at his reaction to her suggestion. "But what's the point of playing music beautifully above water if the dance that accompanies it is not also beautiful?" It was an assumption she made, but it made sense that the movements one made out of water could not possibly be as fluid as the ones made in the water.

Pippin lowered her gaze and shook her head, when did her brother become so grown up? Pae must age faster on land as well. She hated to plague him with her problems, but he was so easy to talk to it was hard not to. "Oh, those things would be grand. "

Daisicle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:25 pm
Daedalus' smile grew more gentle, his eyes softening too, as he took in her words. His hands fell to grasp themselves behind his back as he turned to face her straight on, his eyes looking straight into hers. He wanted to take in every minute movement she made at this moment; it could be said he had already begun to test her at this point, seeing if her wish was merely the musings of an impatient child or a true cry of the heart.

"If such a wish could be made true by a simple task, what would you do?"

That was his purpose and truest meaning for life after all; he would take in the wishes of hers and anypae's that they held most dear to themselves, no matter their outward nature. If they were convicted to an ideal with such strength that they would heed his request, he would offer them an audience and a task to determine the intent of the wish in question.

"Wonderment? Intimacy? Companionship? I wonder which you would ask of the gods..."

His tone was soft, enchanting, almost entirely enthralling in tone and flow. He manipulated it to calm her and place her in a place of warmth, security, calm, and peace of mind. Daedalus had no use for needless distraction in his duties.

How wondrous would that be if the first he could help was that of his kin?

Wolfs Heart

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:11 pm
Pippin wasn't quite sure how she felt about Daedalus looking at her the way that he was. It was like he was studying her, it made her nervous. The fish allowed herself to float down into a seat. She gave his question some serious thought. "I guess I would have to start wishing more." She responded, a less serious response to the suddenly serious conversation that she was having with Daedalus. In truth, she was probably wishing plenty, even if she wasn't fishing around for sea-stars to wish on.

"I don't know Dae, what could I do, what could anyone do?"

The next question made her cough uncomfortably, a flurry of bubbles escaping from her mouth as she did so. Intimacy? This was definitely not a conversation she was having with her teenaged brother. Sure, intimacy would be nice. Naiads were more sexual creatures by nature, and she had her curiousities, but nope. Not going there. No, companionship was what she really wanted, and if it went somewhere more intimate from there, she would gladly welcome it. That wasn't what she was going to admit to Daedalus though.

"I suppose if I could ask the gods for something, it would be companionship." She said lightly. She was a naiad though, did she even believe in gods. Despite his serious tone this was just a childish game, right?

Daisicle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:39 pm
Daedalus found himself incredibly amused by her childish reactions to his questions, his facial expression hardly hiding his true feelings as such. His family really was filled of the truly kindhearted sort, weren't they? No wonder mother had taken such a liking to his father. Rather than simply acting out of a sense of duty, the naiad was filled with a personal desire to help out his sister. If she wished for it so dearly, it was within his power to fulfill it.

"Is that so...?"

He would test her resolve, and then he would grant her wish.

His eyes began to glow a palpably golden hue, their shape deforming slightly as they began to shift into those of a fish. The scales covering his face began to change in turn, slowly transforming the blue hues of his face into similarly golden ones. His feathery tailfins came together and then split into two. Webbing appeared between his fingers and along the sides of his arms before spreading to envelop the entirety of his limbs and change them into a fish's fins.

Soon enough, there was but a singular, golden koi fish before her, its scales brilliantly shimmering in the waters' ripples. Its glossy eyes stared at her, unblinking, as a familiar voice resonated in the room.

"I am Daedalus."

"Son of Thalia."

"Grandson of Venus."

"Still young and learning, always learning, yet powerful in my own right."

The voice paused here, allowing his sister time to digest the change before her. Had he ever actually told any of his aquatic siblings about his time up above in any real detail? Surely he had alluded to it, but from his thoughts, he hadn't really been explicit. Had his father said anything? He knew, after all, and even if he hadn't been told, he wasn't as stupid as he often acted. Quite clever, even. Still... would she have known?

"I have heard your heart's wish - its loneliness and want for companionship.... (finish in next post tee-hee)"
Wolfs Heart
Decided to break it up and give Pippin some room for reaction :3

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:20 pm
Pippin's dark eyes somehow grew larger as the transformation of Daedalus took place right in front of her. She hadn't realized that her brother had grown into his power. As she stared at the golden fish before her she did wonder if he had even had a ceremony down here, but it was not an appropriate question at the moment. He made a lovely fish.

The look of wonder that was on her face did not vanish as his voice filled the room they were in. She listened intently as he said his name and his mother's name. Perhaps she had heard his mother's name a handful of times, but the name held no meaning to her as she knew little of the deity's. Venus though... Was there something familiar about that name? Pippin felt confused, what was going on here?

"What's going on Daedalus?" Pippin asked with a tilt to her head.

Daisicle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:20 pm
Rather than choose to answer his sister's question, he continued on with his monologue. Everything would be clear to her soon enough, after all. Even if he had to spill it out word. by. word. The lone fish flicked his tail behind him, his arm fins up and down, as his eyes continued to peer into her. Sure, he didn't need to do say anything, he could have just casually mentioned she do something and waited to see what happened later, but this was more fun.

"I have heard your heart's desire - its loneliness and its want for companionship."

"From your words, I believe it to be a wish rooted in empathy and selflessness, despite its otherwise selfish appearance. However, as the phrase goes..."

"Actions speak louder than words."

For how calm his words sounded, the teen koi was about bursting with anticipation, excitement, and anxiety. How long did it feel like he'd been waiting to do something just like this?! Days and weeks and months had gone by as he imagined his first task, his first chance to change somepae's life for the better. These were lines he must have practiced over and over again to himself, ensuring the tone was just right and proud and perfect. How cool was this?! Perhaps that was why he sounded so formal, so distant. That was how he thought he was meant to do things.

"If you would accept a request of mine - a simple task to ensure your resolve and that your motive is true - then I shall use the power given upon me to grant this wish of yours."

Hook, line, and sinker, he had to have had become interested in it by now. And he had the perfect task to ask her! The most perfect; absolutely the best way to go about this. Clearly he was just transforming to give her that extra push she needed to do what he'd suggest, he just needed one final note...

"For no wish is too great for a God to grant."

Wolfs Heart

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:41 pm
After a moment it became clear to Pippin that the fish that was once her brother was not going to answer her question. So instead of continuing to question him she settled into her seat and reflected on what it was that his voice was saying. Was her desire for companionship really so selfless? She didn't necessarily feel that way. Yes, companionship was a two-way street and she would be there for someone else as they were there for her. It also helped her realize that perhaps she was being a tiny bit selfish and perhaps shouldn't be.

What could her brother do that would bring a companion into her life? She had to wonder. If he did have some sort of ability to help her, whether it be a magical ability, or maybe he just knew the right pae, it did seem kind of strange to her to accept that sort of help from her younger brother. Her brain was telling her no... But her heart was tugging and telling her that it didn't matter.

A god...?

The look of confusion burrowed so far into her face that it was almost to the point of becoming permanent. A god? She continued to be quiet as her mind burrowed back to all of the previous things that Daedalus had ever said over the course of their life together. Little things he said here and there that suddenly were coming together to complete a puzzle that Pippin had no idea was there. She felt silly for having not pieced it together before, but she knew so little about life on the land.

It was probably an eternity before she finally spoke up as she internally argued with herself. Humbly she said, "What can I do?"

Daisicle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:10 am
Oh-ho-ho-ho~ If his sister could only see her expression right now! This felt too good.

If his mother - or really any other member of the family - had any idea about this, they'd probably give him an outright smack across the back of his head. After all, he didn't need to be so formal about these things, nor was there any particular benefit to declaring himself as such.

But it wasn't like he was intending to actually use his power here. Rather, use it as a little bit of encouragement.

Help her help herself and all that.

The fish circled around once before he seemingly instantly transformed back, swimming ever-so-closer to her with his finger against his lips and an eye winking. Now would be the perfect time to finish enticing her, and there was only one place he could think of to get such a shy girl to loosen up and enjoy herself a bit with some strangers.

Yes...

Only one place...

"Come a few weeks time, my grandmother is hosting a grand party for herself. My request is simple: I would have you come and enjoy yourself with another there, one you have yet to meet." he stepped back, his finger sliding to rest against his chin, head cocked slightly to the side as he continued. "However..." his lips twisted up as he eyed her, deciding to make things a bit more interesting and, indeed, worthy of the 'challenge' this was meant to be. "To do so, you must escape the prying eyes of our family, all of whom I shall also ask to attend."

"And one more thing..."

A more playful smile replaced the one he'd been holding as he placed his hands behind him and turned around, looking at her from over his shoulder. "I might ask that you keep your mind open; perhaps one of the land-dwellers might suit your fancy? For conversation, of course." He again winked at that before laughing and turning back around to properly face her, eyes alight with excitement.

"What say you?"

Wolfs Heart

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:49 pm
He was being so serious.

Half of Pippin wanted to laugh at the things he was saying, the other half of her was clinging to every word that he spoke, seriously hoping that there was truth in it. "Escaping the prying eyes of our entire family?" Pippin asked with raised eyebrows. It sounded like an impossible task. "This will need to be a huge party for that to happen." Despite the comment, she had a tiny smile on her face, imagining herself at the party with a handsome suitor... she tried not to let her mind wander to much into the 'enjoy herself' part of the fantasy. She didn't need to get all flushed in front of her younger brother... who was apparently a god.

She could certainly try to keep her mind open, even if it was just for one night. Pippin knew that something long term with a land pae wasn't exactly approved behavior. It sounded too complicated at the least.

"Alright." Pippin said, a bit of pep to her response. "I'll go to this party."

Daisicle
She's going to be so mad at him when the babies arrive. She got more than she asked for.

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff