Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.
Gary Schofield's changes to the ToS are about to be undone!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alexius08

Destitute Millionaire

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:34 am
Lanzer just responded to my post. Now, we can talk about Gary Schofield and Jason Loia without fear of being banned.

Now, what can we do to restore posts and threads that were previously deleted?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:40 am
This is a great thing to happen. The removal of censorship and the start of honest communication and transparency are two of the biggest things this guild fights for!!  

Neshira Namea Returns

Josies Champion

19,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250

Qwertea
Vice Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:18 pm
Even if they aren't restored I'm content with the changes made to the ToS, that way future posts won't have the insane level of censorship. I'm happy to see that Lanzer is making all of these changes. heart  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:42 pm
Thank you for being open and bringing the issue to my attention. whee

It takes a huge shift in mindset and a lot of changes in behavior and expectation to begin these changes. It might take time, and I'm not sure of our mods have time to retroactively go back and restore threads. Though I can promise that moving forward we will be fair and understanding.

Happy new year!  

Lanzer

Admin Lead

Qwertea
Vice Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:55 pm
lanzer

It takes a huge shift in mindset and a lot of changes in behavior and expectation to begin these changes. It might take time, and I'm not sure of our mods have time to retroactively go back and restore threads. Though I can promise that moving forward we will be fair and understanding.

Happy new year!

First off you have no idea of how happy I am to hear that you're changing the ToS back to the way it was before Gary took over. Thank you for doing this!

Anyway I'm not worried about restoring every last post from the past, I think we need to focus on other things. But I am worried about all of the people that were banned due to Gary's changes of the ToS. He along with his staff members never never told anyone that they were changing the rules, and a lot of people were banned because of this. Some didn't even get an e-mail saying the reason why they were banned. sad
People talking about the old CEO and even other Gaian's were wrongly banned... It also knocked them out of being able to apply to be a moderator, a lot of them were SF and GCD regulars with big hopes of joining the mod team, people that genuinely cared for the site. It was really sad to see that now they might never ever be able to be a moderator because of the ToS fiasco. sad

Keep in mind that I'm not blaming you at all, this was all on Gary. Gary was the one who started changing things all willy-nilly, he didn't seem to care about how the community would react to things. In fact I don't remember him ever posting or communicating with us, he always made someone else do it for him. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:30 am
Maybe we could filter all deleted threads and posts to look for particular keywords (e.g. the names of the CEO and the COO, misspelled variations of the former, "dopamine, baby!") and to sort the results according to forum of origin (SF, GCD, and Petitions are likely the biggest sources of deleted forums/threads). The results can be moved to another subforum or flagged by an automated process for review by former admins/mods and/or newly-recruited mods (existing admins/mods have existing workloads, and we shouldn't add more). The previous ToS should be used in judging which users get unbanned and which posts/threads are restored. Most criticism of the previous management (sometimes tagged as violations of Sections 4b and/or 4k intentionally or not) should able to get through the review process while the truly abusive/threatening messages should not.  

Alexius08

Destitute Millionaire

Megndiaa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:33 am
Lanzer

Happy new year!

Is Gaia going to return to fun site it use to be? The entire site is completely different now and terrible sad  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:08 pm
That's some really great news. smile

I already left my "words of love" to the former administration in the "Returning Gaians" thread in my sig.
I do also hope those who got banned or suffered at their hands have some form of compensation or redemption.  

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games