Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Literate Spam Guild

Back to Guilds

The original literate chatterbox. 

Tags: Literate, Spam, Lick, Suck, Gulp 

Reply The Literate Spam Guild
So... I guess I teach elementary music now.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hide yo' kids.
  Actually, no. Educate yo' kids.
View Results

Junai Bokunenjin

Ferocious Flautist

51,590 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Forever a Musician 500
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:21 am
This week, I got a call about a maternity leave position that opened up. Everything went well and it seems like a good fit even though I'm secondary trained, not primary.

I start in January.

What is my life?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:22 pm
Yay for having work!
Boo that it isn't the grade range you trained for...
But yay for work nonetheless! <3
It means you've got your foot in the door and can potentially get more work after this!
Maybe a full-time position! :O *fingers crossed*

Wisdom Chyck

O.G. Codger

Junai Bokunenjin

Ferocious Flautist

51,590 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Forever a Musician 500
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:26 pm
Wisdom Chyck

It's not really "boo" so much as "whoohoo".

While I'm secondary trained (as in band and choir for teenagers, structured music theory, and history), I still do have the skills to be able to teach rudiments. Technically all teachers in Alberta have the teaching qualifications to teach any age group within the Alberta curriculum, but we generallywill work within our specializations.

What this gives me a chance to do is add "more tools to the toolbox" so to speak. It's 6 months in a school where the principal is incredibly supportive of training new teachers in elementary (coming from a high school background herself), and a chance to work with who I'm taking over for who already has plans for the year and everything in place to help a new teacher succeed in her stead. Really, it's the best possible recipe to build my repertoire and gain new experiences as a first year teacher. I'm terrified, but super excited. 3nodding heart

Also, 11 new schools (all K-9) are opening up in my school board this year, so hopefully that's a chance to get into a full-time position in secondary or as a teacher for both primary and secondary music. SO MANY GOOD THINGS, CHUCK. SO MANY GOOD THINGS.  
The Literate Spam Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games