[PRP] Got Anything for Sleep? [Deimos + Psykgi]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:48 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

No, really, it's been 4 nights.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:58 pm

Desperate times call for desperate measures. It had been almost 36hrs since he last got any decent sleep- an hour here or there was nothing in comparison. This inability to shut his mind off when the sun started to rise, despite getting his mitts on some extra-strength sopor slime, was getting to be unbearable. Bleary-eyed and unsteady on his feet, Deimos had ventured from the relative safety of his hive and made way for The Civisect Rehabilitation and Counseling Center- surely they'd have some sort of answer for him. Halfway there, Thypion had made him crawl into one of his carrying pouches, but at least his lusus had continued the trip.

Once they arrived, he crawled out again, nearly faceplanting onto the ground. Ugh. He held onto Thypion's side as the two made their way into the building. The receptionist was painfully friendly, to the point where it grated on his nerves, but he forced himself to bite his tongue and be nice. He needed help, and biting off reception's head wasn't going to do him any favors. Nope.

Eventually he was guided to an office to sit and wait for someone to come talk to him about whatever his problems were. Thypion barely fit in the room, but he'd somehow managed to curl up behind the plush chair Deimos had settled himself on.

Draconicfeline
lemme know if i need to add anything!

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:35 pm
nepsah

Psykgi was trying not to let her headache get in the way of her work. It was from staying up too late - she'd been analyzing the plots of various socialization simulation games, trying to figure out if that would be the best essay topic for her application to the Civisect higher education facility. It could be. Either way, she had gone to bed right about the time when her shuttered windows were beginning to glow with blocked light. Her nightmares were heavy with and sopor slime could only do so much.

Still, Psykgi was not allowed to have off days. She had to work harder than anyone else, and play harder than everyone else, and be generally more outgoing than anyone else if she wanted to advance beyond intern. Ever. She was a redblood. That was just how things were. She drank her coffee, slapped her cheeks a few times, and fluffed on some nice makeup. She'd deal with it. She was dealing with it.

Actively.

Tonight, in her absolutely wonderful internship at the Civisect Rehab Facility, which she more or less was grateful for every night she came in for it, she was to do some triaging. Her assignment was to go to the available soft plush office and to talk to newcomers and to see where they were supposed to go. It was a chance to come into contact with the fascinating and twisted minds of her fellow trolls, and also a great chance to suck up to the facility's staff, and - if she was lucky - she could see what she, herself, could do.

She stepped into the office briskly. "Hello, hello!" she greeted them with caffiene-fuelled half-fake cheer. She "And how are you tonight?"  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:45 pm

Was the room moving? No, he was moving... in small circles, almost as if he were about to get up but not really. How long had he been sitting there? He felt his irritation rise, but was far too tired to do anything about it. Not to mention Thypion would probably stop him. They came to get some assistance, not to get permanently checked in. That was also a risk...

He barely seemed to register it when the older troll entered the room. In fact, he didn't seem to acknowledge her until she'd gotten her question out. He blinked, internal cogs churning in his thinkpan to get him moving again. It was time to say something! "Hello." He finally responded- flat, emotionless, tired. He yawned.

He knew the question she asked was typical- it was polite conversation but he was too tired for polite conversation. "Not good. Need to sleep, can't." Short, to the point, perhaps too vague, but he wasn't exactly thinking about that. Thypion's heads both looked from Deimos to the redblood, then back again before emitting double low huffs to get him to talk more. He wasn't successful. Dei was, by that point, just blankly staring at her with a look that indicated he wasn't entirely present.

Draconicfeline

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:07 pm
nepsah

Oh, irony. she thought to herself, making a brisk note in her notepad. Though, obviously from the dulled attitude of the troll and the dark bruising at their eyes, they had an actual problem beyond one late day.

"Okay - What hasn't worked so far?" because few trolls with problems got as far as the rehab center of their own voilition without trying just about everything else first. "What have you tried?" She made a quick checklist as she waited for his response.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:20 pm

He blinked, slowly. What had he tried.... "Getting in my coon anyway... doing a lot of stuff. Like... body stuff..." He squinted slightly, waving his hands a little in the air as if she was supposed to understand that he meant running around or just generally being active. "Reading. Listening to boring stuff... counting things... being really quiet... playing music... umm..." Honestly he'd tried a lot of things and nothing seemed to work at all.

"Was gonna try some... smell stuff. But haven't gotten to it yet I don't think it'll work 'cause nothin' else works." Deimos stifled a yawn- a particularly large one that threatened to split his face in half.

Draconicfeline

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:11 pm
nepsah

Check, check, scribble, check... Psykgi watched him closely, listening - or pretending to understand - what he was trying to tell her. Oof. She thought. Well. What she'd managed to get was a fairly complete, if awkward list!

"So you've been... exercising, reading, boring yourself, counting, music... how about white noise?" she asked, hovering over her list. "Sometimes it works."

"Any sleep pills? Medications?" she asked, "It sounds like you're at that point, you know."

"So when you can't sleep..." she continued - she didn't know how long she was going to have his attention, but the attention of her supervisors (she usually just assumed that someone was always watching her), "Is it your mind or your body doing it - can you not get comfortable, or can you not stop thinking?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:34 pm

He nodded a little, then shook his head.... then...tilted it slightly in confusion.... "How... how do you tell if the noise is white...?" If he were more awake he'd be horrified that he asked such a dumb question, but alas. He was not. And so he did. In total seriousness. "No medicine, s'why I'm here." He shook his head again. "Mm... kind of both, but mostly my head. It keeps goin' and goin' even though the rest of me is really tired."

Draconicfeline

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:58 pm
nepsah

"Hmm?" How do you tell... if the noise is white? It was an interesting question. Hadn't she heard of trolls that heard colors or saw sound? A fascinating abberance, and not typically a hindering one. Not something she herself experienced, but she bet that her Ma sensed similar things with pheromones, considering the way she talked about some things... "Well, the noise itself isn't 'white' - it's just a lot of low noises all together, like static, so it 'blanks out' all of the other noises. They're less likely to be a bother if they're swallowed up by the other things." She explained.

Hmm - both. A lot of the medicines really just took care of the body and put it out of commission, and then the mind followed. It sounded like the mind was leading the body It sounded like the blueblood needed something to fix up some other underlying issue before the sleep. "What is your mind doing when it 'keeps going?'"  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:56 pm

"Oh... I s'pose that makes sense..." The scrunched expression he had said otherwise, but he was too tired to ask more. He'd be glad of that later. He yawned, so wide he felt like his cheeks might split. At least he still had the presence of mind to put a hand in front of his mouth. Politeness 'n all that. "Mmm... It..." He paused, rubbing at his eyes with the heels of his hands. "Thinkin', I guess. Noticin' everything that's different or patterns or... anythin'. Sometimes even if I'm not thinkin' I zone out or somethin' but still can't sleep." Was this stuff really that important? The lack of sleep dampened most of his reactions but he was getting rather frustrated. Couldn't she just... give him something and then they could do all the talky bits after he'd gotten some shut eye? He wanted to ask that but Thypion had very thoroughly explained that he needed to do whatever the doctors here said before he'd get anything.

Draconicfeline

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:32 pm
nepsah--

"Hmm!" She scribbled down some notes on a notepad. "So, theres a few things we can do here - medicine to quiet your mind down or push you into sleep is an option, thats why you came here..." She watched him carefully - he was really a little out of it, wasn't he? She could keep it short. "But, from what you're telling me, I think you definitely need more than just meds." Another moment of assessment - he was clearly running out of patience. To the point, then.

"With that kind of disconnect between your body and your mind, and with the sort of, er, attention, that you're describing, I think the best course is actually going to be a combo therapy and medicine. Getting someone to work with you, regulate your doses and medicine cocktails, figure out what you need - that sort of thing." Of course she was recommending therapy, she thought sardonically, but really - it did seem like the best option. A (normally) uncharacteristic anxiety trilled through her. Glob, she thought, I sure hope I'm calling this right. She was, after all, an intern. A trained, qualified intern, but... still... No, I have to be confident here. I'm right.

"Are you willing to stay the day here, today or in the near future?"
she asked. If he stayed over, she could recommend a lot more.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:24 pm

He tried his best to listen, to really hear what she was saying... but it was very hard, and he was very tired. He stifled a yawn, keeping one eye open as he watched her while she spoke. Something about therapy and medicines. Cocktails.... weren't those for adults? Her last question sunk in- she wanted him to stay there? Would he be able to leave? He didn't think a sleeping problem was worth... keeping someone over, but what did he know?

He looked at Thypion, who seemed unperturbed by the suggestion... but... "Maybe. I'm too tired to think about it right now. I just want to sleep and then I can think about it." Hopefully that was reasonable enough to get the redblood to let him leave. He did not like the idea of being stuck somewhere so far away from his hive. "Can I do that?" Eventually he'd just... pass out, right? Worst came to worst, he'd back out before he got committed to anything and just.... deal with the madness it was causing.

Draconicfeline

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:31 am
nepsah

"Yes." Psykgi said, "Of course. Fair enough." She closed her eyes a moment - she needed to get some rest herself. If he was rested, he might realize that this was a good option. Or he might not. Maybe she could weight it somehow?

"Tell you what, give me a moment. I'll be right back. I think I can at least send you home with a sample bottle of one of the medications, to try out you know?" She had to get that approved, but it shouldn't be an issue. It was, after all, a trial bottle. It wasn't something that the doctor needed to outright prescribe, there wasn't much they could do if he wanted to leave (no reason to keep him there by force and risk his lusus going amok after all) and she was pretty sure she'd been authorized to give it out to 'see what happened'. It was probably fine, and if it got him to come back, so much the better. "Be right back!" she said, waving at him as she left the room.

After some quick checking and negotiation and clipboard waving, she returned. "Here you go!" she said, offering a small bottle of pills, "This ought to slow your thoughts down a little. Take two with your last meal of the night and... no more than 8, all right? The rehabilitation center is not responsible for anything that happens if you take more than that." She noted it all down on the clipboard. There, the required legal stuff was out of the way. It was so annoying, it really broke up the flow of the conversation. "And try a white noise machine. They can help a lot!"

She opened the door to let Deimos and his lusus out, "Come back when you decide you want to try therapy!"  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:53 pm

Dei rubbed at his eyes as she left, yawning widely. It seemed like she took forever to get what she was getting, but somewhere inside he knew not much time had passed. Probably. When she re-entered the room, he perked up a little. "Thanks.." He took the pills, squinting at them for a moment before shifting to stuff them into a pocket. He then slid off of the bed, waiting for Thypion to carefully rise to his feet. "I will."

Medication in hand, he shuffled out of the room and then the building - Thypion trailing behind. Finally, maybe he'd get a good day's sleep.

Draconicfeline
and done!

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out