[SOLO - Plot]In the Root Cellar

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shicala

Hungry Animal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:58 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hours had ran into days, days into weeks, weeks into seasons. Thom had no concept of how long he'd been in the depths of Laisidhiel any more, and having no sight to the sky above did not help the matter. The guards didn't converse with him and he'd not seen anypae aside from them in a long time even Gulliver had stopped coming to frequently to hear the same information. He had asked the guards some time ago for parchment and something to write with, they had obliged and he had started to keep a journal. He had tried to write what he had on his mind, it wasn't every day but now and then.

After his meal this day he sat down on the surface that served as his bed leaning against the wall with his feet up and knees bent, he had the parchment leaned against his legs to write.

Journal...

Another day has passed and I have come no closer to understanding the ways of those in the city. Maybe they felt themselves justified, but I'd never seen aggression from the faun before that attack. I keep thinking back to when I saw the smoke rising above the trees, how the attack my kind had made on the Tree made me sick, sick with worry and just ... sick. Even now, how the words of those in the City celebrating the attack make me wonder what had become of them, when had my own kind become so vicious and cruel. I remember feeling the unease I felt around those in the city, I'd never truly felt that far separated from other angels before that day.

I understand now why Gulliver and the other rangers were so angry, I would have been too of my home had been so viciously attacked...

He stopped writing the cell returning to silence as the sounds of his writing across the parchment stopped, he leaned his head back against the wall. He blew his bangs, which like the rest of his hair had grown with the time he'd been in this cell, out of his face. He'd never found out what had happened to Ama, if she had been in the Tree when it was attacked. She had never visited so the answers to that would have to wait.... Tipping his head back forward he continued his writing.

While my intention to align myself with the Tree had a lot to do with the woman I love, I can't help but want to completely disconnect myself with my own kind. I have had my differences with the Angels before especially when it felt like the guardians had abandoned me and took my children from me, but the attack felt unprovoked and I can't feel like it was justified... There was those rumors I heard about the child but Rais' reaction to that only screams to me that it is false. Whomever started that bit of news I think should double check their facts... the faun seemed far too aghast at the news for it to be true. That being said, I am ashamed to be one of them.... I don't like feeling being connected with those who could do such a thing.

Thom stopped and put the parchment aside and dropped his legs so his feet were on the floor and leaned forward with his hands on the edge of the bed. He was quiet in his thoughts as he sat there and his resolve was growing every day with each journal entry he wrote... so many of them were much the same, shame of being an angel.. Anger that his kind would attack unprovoked. He got up and walked to where his cup half full of water sat and picked it up taking a sip. "Laisidhiel please hear me," he whispered "please hear my words, feel the shame in my heart for the actions of those of my kind.."

He set the cup down on the surface once again, and went back to sit down and picked up the parchment reading back over his writing and looked at previous writing ... it seemed his thoughts were repeating themselves over and over and had been for a few seasons. Thom rolled up the parchment and set it aside flopping back and linking his hands behind his head looking up at the ceiling of his cell.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:18 pm
Thom lay on his stomach on what he'd long gotten used to as his bed. He was propped up on his elbows quill in hand, inkwell on the edge of the bed and his scroll of parchment nearing it's length mostly rolled but partly not in front of him. He'd not written anything yet for the day, instead he'd been skimming past entries to collect his thoughts. Thom had pretty much no visitors, even Gulliver who used to come after his breakfast meal only seemed to come every few days now. As happened frequently as time passed Thom thought about his family, about his two adoptive feathered daughters Celaeno and Udara. Though he'd not seen Udara for several seasons before he took on the task the fawns had asked of him. He thought of Ama and how this whole adventure had started with with his desire to be closer to her. Now it was so much more, more then his desire to be closer to Ama, it was his disgust with his own kind and his desire to not be a part of the Guardian's thirst for a fight against the faun pae. He wanted so bad for Laisidhiel to accept him so he could be a part of the fight against those who caused the smoke he'd seen rising from the Tree so many seasons ago.

He looked briefly towards the outer hall outside the bars of his cell it was silent as usual, not a single soul in sight. Looking back down to his parchment he dipped the quill and the silence was filled with the sounds of his quill scratching his text.

Another day and still I wait for word, any word. Word about Amandorine, Celaeno or even Udara, Word about how things are outside this prison I have resided in for more days and nights and seasons then I even know. I wait for some sign if Laisidhiel will accept me, accept my fealty to her and the faun pae. I know these things take time, especially after the attack on the Tree, perhaps they feel need to trust me. But how will they do that if none ever visit me, talk to me, ask me really anything. I know I spent a lot of time in solitude before, I'm not unused to that but this is different in it's own way. I wish I could know how Celaeno is fairing, she never really provided for herself, I suppose thats my fault as I spoiled her so much much to Ama's disapproval. But after all of my past I couldn't help it I wanted to do right by her unlike my other children. I miss my boys too, all of them I haven't seen Rain or Jet in many many many seasons, and the littlest ones Amandil and Melanion, last I saw them they were babies. My only hope for those boys is that they are not among those who hurt the Tree and it's occupants.

The wingless angel stopped writing, he took a deep breath. Thom hadn't really thought about his past in a long time, it was really a past that for the most part he did not want to remember. So much had gone wrong with Jazz and then later with Kaelin. His only bright point was when he'd met Amandorine and fell in love with her, despite their differences everything felt so right about the relationship, it had been the whole reason he'd been willing to try to become accepted by her brethren. Swearing fealty to Laisidhiel and the fauns at first simply had been for her, now several seasons after it all started despite being imprisoned for this time, he never felt further away from other angels and closer to the faun.

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Shicala

Hungry Animal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:33 am
Time marched on as it always did regardless if Thom knew exactly how much time it was. The weather outside the tree was indicating that the frigid coldness he'd felt through what he assumed was the depths of winter had melted away and it was likely moving into spring or early summer. Thom had recently taken the extra blanket that the guards had given him during the coldest of the frigid weather and folded it and lay it on the ledge that served as a bed to create a bit more comfortable of a surface. Recently Thom had once again heard the hushed tones of the only other occupant of these cells receiving a visitor. He was pretty sure the other pae was a faun, he'd seen glimpses of the visitors and they all appeared to be faun or fauny. It was down right depressing, the other prisoner got visitors, did noone even care he was down here aside from the guards?

Thom hadn't bothered to pick up his parchment or quill in the past few days, when he had picked it up the week earlier he couldn't even think of what to write so the quill had wound up being set down again without even a single letter being written. The male often lazily paced around the cell though it often didn't last long as he'd lay down once again and nap, something he did frequently of late with nothing better to do. This day found him sitting on the floor at the front of his cell his back leaning against the bars, he was staring at a spot on the floor as if staring would make it more interesting or something would happen to the hardened surface. He was feeling a deep sense of loss, he'd begun to convince himself he'd lost everything, not only his past but his present and quite likely his future. Surely by now if he was to have passed laisidheil's test he'd have known by now, right? Right... it had to be true, why else would he still be in this cell after more seasons then Thom truly knew. He sighed, shifting his position not really feeling comfortable sitting where he was but with no ambition to get up and move to another spot in the cell.

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games