Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:14 am
A Spooky Blessing!
User Image
It seems as if this little basket is in need of a good home -- and a personality! If you're interested in her -- yes, this basket is female -- then please continue reading and fill out the prompt in the below posts!

Begins: Now!
Ends: Saturday November 5 @ 6pm EDT!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:38 am
Basket Information
1. This does not count against any limits! This is a free basket to whomever Miss Cherie and I decide upon gifting her to.
2. Uta is the colorist -- so if you aren't keen on Uta pones, this contest might not be for you!
3. The basket is on female lines!
4. The basket is also a Twisted Tunnel basket -- so if you don't like the possibility of a spooky surprise, this might not be the contest for you!
5. This basket should remain with the familly! No basketnapping, or stealing-the-foal plots here! Ophiuchus and Zahariel are going to be loving parents so if foal family neglect or abandonment is your thing, this isn't the contest for you. It should be assumed that the foal is getting all of its love and affection from the parents regardless if Cherie or I are there to RP with you! Seriously. We will hope for family RP, but it might not happen right out of the gate due to time limitations and/or staff duties. Please don't assume it means your basket/foal/mare has been neglected, forgotten, or somehow ignored even if we're not able to actually write or plot those relationships out.
6. We would ideally hope that the owner will not simply use the basket as sig candy or mate fodder. While we understand not everyone will be able to RP, we would hope that at minimum you might plot the basket and her story.
7. There aren't strict naming conventions for the basket, but if you'd like some inspiration there are loose themes. From Zahariel's line there's a lot of angelic names, or demonic names would work too. From Ophiuchus' line we'd encourage constellation or star names. But feel free to be creative if you'd like!

The Rules
1. This is a free contest! Anyone may enter! It also doesn't count against any quotas or limits.
2. No proxying -- we want the ideas from you!
3. No co-owning -- we are gifting this basket to you. We don't want you suddenly giving all its rights/stories/ideas to someone else after you win.
4. Please post finished entries. Don't reserve a post and then get back to it -- Cherie and I will likely be reading/noting entries as soon as they're posted.
5. No editing the post unless its for minor things. Once again, Cherie and I will likely be reading these as they come in, so please only post finished posts.
6. If you have any questions or concerns, please PM Miss Cherie or Uta.  

Uta

Shy Mage

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:43 am
The Family

User Image User Image

Zahariel and Ophiuchus are a bit of a romantic couple. Their story bgan with a wish upon a star -- Zaha had desired a friend above all else. She hadn't throught herself worthy of companionship due to a difficult upbringing -- her mother despised her black coat, and treasured white coat's above all else. While her father was a misunerstood creature, her relationship with him was better, but not enough to keep her from the hurt of rejection. As a filly she would roll in the snow in hopes that it might best please her mother; as an adult, she wound up wishing for friendship upon a star.

This is where Ophiuchus came in.

While Zahariel came from a family line that was often misunderstood, with complications due to a mother's rejection, Ophiuchus came away with similar tragedy. As a foal his family was a herd of pure air ulun'suti; they were all trapped within the desert, unable to escape due to magic that bound them. Unfortunately, his mother gave birth to him, a half-breed; his father was some hippo'gryph, which made him a mix. His family was incredibly proud and incredbily vain -- so he was treated as an outcast, and made an example of. He was the rejected son, the half-breed, the nobody. . . and he grew up wearing disgrace and the shame of his mother on his shoulders.

By the time the spell was broken and the ulun'suti herds able to escape such entrapment in the desert, Ophiuchus was encouraged to leave and seek life far from them.

Ah, but the fates have divine plans, and though both Zahariel and Ophiuchus had felt much rejection over their years, the spirits would bring them together. Ophiuchus happened to be passing through the woods that very night Zahariel made her wish -- and fortunately, he happened to hear her private prayer to the wishing star.

His heart went out to the stranger on this starry night for he knew what it was like to be rejected.

So it was, Zahariel's wish for a friend wound up becoming something far more.

~ ~ ~ ~

The two have been inseparable ever since, and Ophiuchus is over the moon at the prospect of having children. He's nervous about being a first-time father, and there isn't anything he wouldn't do for his love or his children. He will be protective of them all, but looks forward to teaching them how to hunt, how to defend themselves, and shall tell them stories just like the one he wound up telling Zaha. He hopes to pass down some of the desert traditions he grew up with, like story telling and star reading.

Zahariel is a mixture of happy and nervous. She doesn't want to make her kids feel like she felt, and will do all in her power to make them feel accepted and loved.

The Eldest:
User Image
Owned By: Miss Cherie

The Twin:
User Image
Name: Zadkiel
Owned By: Uta

The Youngest:
User Image
Name: Lyra
Owned By: Uta  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:16 pm
The Prompt

If you wish to participate in this contest, all you'll need to do is keep in mind all the above information, and fill out this prompt in its entirety. Please remember that this basket is going to be very loved -- twists and all!

While we're always up for plotting, Uta in particular would love it if some RP could happen between the family -- if not together then one-on-one. Too often family relationships get dismissed once the foal grows on adult lines, or are replaced by desires for mate plots.

[center][size=24][b][color=crimson]I'll Keep The Basket Safe![/color][/b][/size][/center]
[b]Foal Name:[/b]
[b]Temper:[/b] [What goes on the cert.]
[b]Personality:[/b] [Go into details about what this foal is like!]
[b]Role Play Sample:[/b] Please link us to one role-play you've done in Soquili. If not in soq then another shop, and if not at all, then just note that you're new to it. :3 This doesn't really affect anything but it might be used a tie-breaker if Cherie and I are indecisive.
[b]Anything Else?:[/b] Anything else you want to add? Plot ideas? Random fact? Funny joke? We don't care, haha. Just in case you want to note anything else!

Uta

Shy Mage

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:18 pm
Entrants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:24 pm
Open for entries! Good luck everyone!  

Uta

Shy Mage

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:16 pm
I'll Keep The Basket Safe!

Foal Name: Aquaria Nightwing
Temper: Uncertain
Personality: Aquaria is a filly full of questions. She just can't seem to reconcile the loving image of her parents with their respective stories of neglect and maltreatment. Her tender soul wants so desperately for her parents to reconcile with their families. To her, it is important to mend the bonds torn by pride and vanity and to have every member come together in support and affirmation.

But such disparities are simply the beginning of her uncertainty. As she grows older, Aquaria discovers that life is never as black and white as it seems. There are always shades of gray, always something more undulating beneath the crystal surface. Even her idea of love is unclear. The thought of choosing one form of love over another strikes fear into her, and yet she wants for nothing more. Her parents' tale of love both an inspiration and a conundrum to the young one.

For Aquaria, there is only one thing that helps to ease her soul. Music. Music allows her to become lost in another time and place. Her songs and tunes are imbued with a piece of her heart. Her woes and fears, hopes and dreams, all of these things are woven into the tapestry of music so that she doesn’t have to acknowledge them directly. Aquaria's voice- its song- releases emotions in the purest way possible.
Role Play Sample: [PRP] What's This? (Players Inside)
Anything Else?: I feel like this might be a defining song for her: You're Not Alone. And thank you so much for the opportunity to try for her. <3  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:44 pm

Foal Name: Algol
Temper: Variable
Personality: Algol was named for the Demon star, Algol, in the constellation of Medusa - appropriately combining her parent's family lines in a perfectly balanced way. Funny enough, as names apparently have some mystical power, so Algol takes after the star she's named for. At her best, she is the brightest star in the sky - truly, wonderfully enjoyable and a pleasure to be around. Helpful, downright cheery. These are the good days. The days when she can pay attention to her father's hunting and defense lessons and throw her entirety into them. The days when she can help her mother forage for food, tell stories, and just be.

But then come the not so good days. The days where her light has dimmed and there's something behind her eyes. The days where, though she know she's so incredibly loved but she can scarcely get out into the sunshine. It's at these times that she leans on her siblings and parents the most. If she had to be in any family at all, it is this time that she is grateful that it is this one. Where she knows her mother, father, and siblings irrevocably love her, and would do anything for her.

Where she tells herself that the next day will be one of the good days - and forces herself to believe it, until the next day truly is.
Algol, as a whole, is studious and devoted to bettering herself. She likes listening to stories from her grandfather, finding their family history interesting and something to learn from. One of her most loved pleasures is plotting out their genealogy - their family tree, their history. Knowing where she comes from is wildly important to her, and gives her something to focus on even on her not so good days.

Role Play Sample: Be warned, it's heartbreaking.

Anything Else?: I'm SUPER excited about this! I've always loved and followed Reaper's line. Plot bunnies have filled my head, and her personality just wrote itself. Family and support is a running theme in everything I can think of with her. I can see her having a lot of depth, and it would be wonderful to be able to explore that. I hope you love my idea of her as much as I do <3

Kyribird

Aged Codger

Ebonrune

Peculiar Human

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:16 am

Foal Name: Auriel
Temper: Forgiving
Personality: Auriel is very much a forgiving individual, which makes knowing her family's respective bad upbringings difficult for her. Her parents clearly came out of their ordeals alright, doesn't that matter to their families? She loves her parents, and her siblings, and hopes for the chance to find her grandparents and talk to them. Surely there's a chance for reconciliation, right?
Role Play Sample: Feathers and Fools
Anything Else?: Thank you for this opportunity! heart  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:25 am

Foal Name: Lakshmi
Temper: Omit please
Personality: Lakshmi is a gentle and kind soul, if a bit eccentric. Besides believing that all things are alive and have a soul, she talks to them and believes that they both hear and respond to her. She doesn’t hear voices, just interprets the bowing of a blade of grass, the flutter of a butterfly wing, or the boom of thunder as the response. Her belief does cause problems for her. She has trouble eating and never does so without apologizing or thanking the food first.

Light footed and flitting about, some might interpret her as fluttery and weak though nothing could be farther from the truth. She has a backbone of steel under her softness. Lakshmi will stand up to the angriest Soquili if she perceives an injustice is being done. She will not tolerate injustices. She can be as stubborn as the mountains, and as inflexible in her beliefs. Yet most of the time, she can be found singing in the meadow and will always have a smile to spare. Just sometimes that smile promises vengeance.

She grew up confident that she is loved and sees nothing wrong with the way that she looks. She is unique and the better for it. She will use her looks to intimidate if needed...and feel bad about furthering stereotypes.

Role Play Sample: Telling Twisted Tales
Anything Else?: Plots! RP! All the plots! Yes, plots. Mwahahahahaha.  

spelldancer

Swashbuckling Fairy

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:23 am

Foal Name: Oramilla
Temper: Scampish [or Rascally]
Personality: Ori, which is going to be her all time favorite nickname. Is a mischievous little girl who will always seek out adventure. While she comes as soon as either parent calls for her and is rather prone to cuddling with her family at all points. Though she does enjoy adventuring a nice nap near her twin, sibling or her parents is a favored past time as well. She is curious but once something startles her she bolts like the wind!!! As her Father will teach her hunting, star gazing and storytelling she will always enjoy just being near him. Though she will always act like a foal, she will mature as she gets older. Maybe just as mischievous...but she'll learn her limits and adjust accordingly.

Role Play Sample: Tendaji RP
Anything Else?: Note- I'm basing this foal partly on the personality of my cat. >> Yes its weird but as I read this out loud my cat kept meowing. So, I finally looked at her going "What, you wanna be in this?!?" --- she purred and vocalized in her affirmative.
-YES ALL THE FAMILY RPS!!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:07 pm

Foal Name: Nemiel Carina
Temper: Devoted
Personality:
As a foal: Cari (as her family calls her) is a pretty oblivious mare. She has no idea that there is anything strange about her parents, her siblings, or herself. If any strange looks or rude behavior is thrown her way she doesn't even notice. How could she? She's way too busy being awesome to notice such trivial things. As such, she is incredibly accepting of everyone regardless of appearance. In fact, she tends to go through the forest finding "friends" in the form of the strange and fascinating creatures of the world. She particularly loves to bring them home to show her parents.

As an adult: As she grows her tastes only evolve into stranger and stranger things. She becomes channeling her absurd and macabre interests and aesthetic into art. She doesn't stray far from home, enjoying the nonjudgmental company of her family to the somewhat less friendly atmosphere of the outside world. Besides, all she wants to do is create her art. She can be somewhat flighty and absent-minded, mostly because she is always pondering new art or poetry or something else. She's often drifting off into her own little world in her head. Though she's still a generally happy and jovial mare despite her flighty nature.
Role Play Sample: Beep boop
Anything Else?: IDK I am very sleep deprived XDD  

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Cheyriddle4

Shameless Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:17 pm

Foal Name: Atara
Temper: Confused
Personality: Atara is a nurturing soul who doesn't quite understand what to think about things. Always one to wonder what exactly are thoughts and what makes them different than feelings. She gets stuck in her own world of questions. They can come out of nowhere. Her sweetness and compassion is something that she feels is a draw for others. Though push her too much and she might lash out with a quick retort.. A lover of Puns that makes others cringe. She enjoys these moments thinking she is funny. As she grows she will start to grow to love walks in the woods alone. The tranquility something she is drawn to. Along with a curiosity about the unknown. She enjoys her family and the relationships she has with them. Though she also enjoys her alone time.

Role Play Sample:Link to rp
Anything Else?: After the horse ate all of his hay he had a baleful look about him.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:23 pm

Foal Name: Algol (Star based off medusa. Found it somewhat fitting) XD
Temper:Omit
Personality: Algol is going to have a dreamers heart. She's going to love her family dearly and not see anything wrong with the way her family members look. She feels as though their uniqueness sets them apart from everyone else they come across. She won't feel as though it makes them better than others, just that they have a better ability of accepting those that are classified as different from the norm.

She will have a deep fasination with the world around her, to include that of the afterlife. She will be drawn to those that have special 'gifts' or that are touched by the spirits She'll want to know more about what they know and how they feel about being different. She will likely conduct non-intrusive studies on them, with their permission, to gather information and put it together in a compilation for others to look at.

When she's not focused on odditites in Soquili she will be learning all she can about the night sky. Mapping out constellations, following lunar patterns and what not.

She will not be easily swayed when she has her mind set on something but she can become deterred for a while if she hits enough road blocks. In the end she'll pick herself back up and try again but even she has her limits.

Role Play Sample: Here
Anything Else?: You da bomb.com, the cat's meow, the bee's knees so to speak. <3 Thanks for the opportunity.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:47 pm

Foal Name: Spica
Temper: Thoughtful
Personality:
As a foal Spica is quiet, observant, and rather more reserved than most foals are at her age. As the middle child of two older brothers and one younger sister she tends to see herself more as the peacemaker at time between them all doing her best to avoid being any sort of center of anyone’s attention too long or cause any sort of ruckus among her siblings and or parents. She does her best to remain in the background or in the shadows, not wanting to cause any sort of rift or disturbance while trying agreeable with all of them if the situation permits. There is a soft spot to her of adoring anything that she feels is left out, or unwanted, picked last, or deemed weird or strange by most of the population around where she will latch onto it and show it affection or care that most wouldn’t.

There is a bit of an inquisitive mind where she has an appreciation and deep respect for anyone willing to teach her anything, and will take it seriously and put her best hoof forward even if it is something she feels is unnecessary, not fully correct, or even if she is not the greatest at it no matter how much practice she puts forth. This goes for anything her father and or mother try to teach her about survival, hunting, and especially stories. Spica will love any story she is told, no matter the characters or the ending, and especially love if those stories are connected to the stars. Anything her father and mother can teach her about the name of stars and constellations and the myths and legends about them she will soak up and keep in her head. If she had her way she would spend hours looking at the sky at night, and memorizing all the names and try to remember where they are as the seasons change. Luckily looking up at the sky at night when everyone is sleeping is at least easy enough to get away with for her without getting into too much trouble, that is until she drifts off to asleep.

As Spica grows she will always be the middle child but she will start to step out on her own trying to figure out more of who she is instead of always going along with the crowd and learn more of how to defend herself. She will grow into her own voice and learn to express more of her own feelings and opinions into conversations, and state her own thoughts about a topic instead of worrying if it will cause any sort of rift between others. There will be chances for her to take more risk, to do things that my even get her in trouble with others, or do something more daring than she ever has done before. Of course she will still keep a rather polite and friendly nature doing her best to avoid serious conflict and insist on working things out with others, but she has a better understanding that it won’t always happen and sometimes she will have to let it go.

Even tho she loves her family deeply Spica will decide to travel, wanting to explore and to continue studying the stars she loves so much. She will want to visit places and other soquili that have different stories and myths about the stars and constellations as well chart more of how the stars change across the land. She would love to one day travel high into the mountains and spend a few days being as close to the stars as she can from the ground.

Spica loves her family a great deal and all of their quirks feeling that they are rather precious treasure to her and is more than welcome to draw in those who have shared her parents fate or are rejected due to other oddities about them.

Role Play Sample: Newest one (but I have a ton morrreeee trust me)
Anything Else?: I would love if her dad spent a little time with her teaching her about the stars when he has a chance OoO  
Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff