[META] Chittentown Watering Hole/Civisect Eatery Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Micillia

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:01 am
Chiara had her head propped up by her arm on the table. She had a once pristine pastry in front of her. The blueblood sighed as her other hand dropped to stab the once beautiful desert for the umpteenth time. She listened to Hemera, and rolled her eyes when the tealblood looked at her. Such a sick up. The little orangeblood seer was pretty special, no wonder the tealblood was getting all "I'll be there for you". Chiara tuned out the two new additions to the group.

"So." She started, once again moving to stab the uneaten pastry. "Aliens, or some group of highblood hating lowbloods..."
She finally raised her eyes, giving the group a bored look. "Like someone said, it's way more likely to be the later. Why would aliens even care about the highblood lowblood thing?" Chiara raised her head and continued. "Beside, if this group is so intrested in getting rid of highbloods, why are they even bothering with Chittentown. Civisect City has a way higher population of highbloods, and obviously their science team reflects that." Chiara once again stabbed the desert, making the jelly ooze from its doughy cage. "It sounds like it could actually be aliens, and the whole "we hate highbloods" thing is mearly a distraction." Chiara rolled her eyes at the concept. Aliens? Suuure. "Cuz killing lowbloods in Chittentown will only make them look like petty terrorists. No lowblood would join their cause after these trolls so blantenly disregard their lives as much as a high blood's life." Chiara stabbed the pastry again, and lifted it up, watching the jelly drip down onto the plate. "So either it is "aliens", the Chittentown thing is a distraction, or," the blueblood shrugged apathetic ly, "We've got a group of crazos on our hands, who only want to see blood."

"But, I do see your point about it being some highblood propaganda. What better way to make lowblood turn on highblood then to make it look like a bunch of lowblood rebel s**t piles were outright sabatoshing this whole space race joak." Chiara grinned menacingly at the group. "And then what? The Chittentown sabatosh is to rile the lowbloods into rioting? Really, sounds like some troll's sick fantasy to me. Watch the world burn. We are a violent race, are we not?" Chiara let her pastry slip off her utensil and splat back onto the plate. She sat back in her cheap Chittentown chair and raised an eyebrow, beckoning a rebuttal.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:42 am
"Ah." Was all Nucleo said in response to Hemera. Feeling shut down before he'd gotten to really discuss it, the teen decided to bite his tongue. He didn't like the way she'd dismissed the option and underestimated the abilities and intelligence of drones. Sure they were delegated to lesser roles and jobs but that didn't mean they weren't capable of more. Nucleo didn't like to think anyone was incapable of more than they seemed.

Chiara was next to hypothesize and spoke with a vicious kind of bravado. The way she played, pretending to not give a damn- it made him think she must be scared. She'd do what she had to in order to get by, acting accordingly with this groups' needs until they differed from her own. The greenblood didn't know her well, barely at all really, but he got the feeling there was more to her than the display she was putting up. Her words were bait, a clear attempt to provoke someone either into anger or tears. He would avoid that misstep and try to discuss it with her straightforwardly.

"If that's really the case- we're a violent race... what is this about a revolution then? I don't think it's solely for the sake of bloodshed, there must be a actual goal." Nucleo spoke slowly, cautiously as he ran his finger over a line in the papers. The notes were incredibly vague and it was possible to read them in different ways but there were also certain keywords that were unmistakable. Frowning in thought, the barista leaned forward against the table. What would aliens have to gain here that would further a revolution of their own kind? It didn't really make sense to him but it wasn't enough proof to rule them out either.

"It's easy to try and dismiss these letters as an attempt to distract or mislead us but why would anyone go through all the trouble? Leaving a paper trail like this for a group of investigators they couldn't have foreseen seems unnecessary from a planning standpoint." Panili's letters had been decently private. She'd only written to friends or open minded individuals with a limited amount of time. Preparing these encryption and notes to hide around two different facilities would've taken time, wouldn't it?

"It's clear we're missing something important here that could help narrow our scope." Nucleo rubbed his neck, rereading the letters over and over again trying to make sense of it. Was there a secret second message embedded in them? If only they had just a little more information!

Doutei

Yamashii

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:35 pm
He hadn't noticed the beautiful display of flowers and vegetables when he'd come in but they definitely caught Amonee's eye once he saw Sephos rearrange them. He wondered if the boy would mind if he had a bite of a carrot? Hemera said she'd eat the brownie later and he left it on the table next to her to walk towards Sephos's area.

"Is it alright if I...? Thank you for bringing them." He picked up a carrot and began to crunch on it. He badly wanted the flowers but it was less socially acceptable to just up and grab those as it was food in a cafeteria. The others debated what could be behind the dreadful ciphers and the painter listened with a heavy biscuit. It was scary to think of aliens walking among them. Even scarier was the thought of fellow trolls on site willing to do anything to kill masses of others. What kind of cause would be worth so much planning, risk and destruction? Amonee knew he was too peaceful, too pacifistic compared to the stereotypical Alternian but even normal trolls would find this to be too much. Right?

He winced as Chiara stabbed her pastry again and again. It felt like she was stabbing innocence right in the face. What was going on with her?

"If aliens came to Alternia for revenge, I think they would scout and return home to gather more soldiers. A mission like this doesn't target enough to be worthwhile." It would harm and kill many trolls, there was no doubt about it. But after the domination of several planets through space travel decades ago, it would be a drop in the bucket compared to what Alternia had done to others.

"That said, I think you're right, Chiara, that these notes are simply distractions. Leaving them in places to be found with messages to throw us off track." He shifted uncomfortably, scouting closer to the troll nearest him as a comfort mechanism. Amonee didn't like to be alone or feel alone. "It's most likely some kind of call out on the recent Rebellion. It feels like it's trying to blame them but I don't think they'd be so flashy. Admittedly, I don't know much about them though."

He didn't know much at all really. Amonee was starting to see just how small his mountain was compared to the rest of Alternia. Would it be better to retreat further into it to escape these terrifying conflicts? Or was it better to meet the threats head on before they could harm his loved ones? The jadeblood quieted, trapped in conflicting emotions and thoughts.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:10 pm
Hemera couldn't say she disliked hearing Chiara's commentary; it was worth hearing as much as the others. At least she was working her own thoughts out. Even if it was, well, Chiara. She was then content listening to the newcomers' rebuttals. Mera had to wonder, had there been any discussion like this over in Civisect? How fascinating to listen in, if that had been the case.

She took her time before finally adding her two beetles, chewing on some veggies in the meantime after a silent thank you to Sephos.

"No matter what this may be, this is an attack on the people and a publicity stunt of some sort, don't you think? Someone wants attention at the cost of lives. Terrorism. Should we take it at face value? Should we not? After all, we were given hints to find them we otherwise would not. I would like to at least doubt that the opposition wouldn't expect that much."

Hemera looked over at Kolako's work in the meantime. "Interesting. Similar, but different. They're at least applying variety. Interesting indeed. But for what? Why?" There wouldn't be any answers here, she realized. Time to shift gears. "Good work, Kolako."

She reached over, grabbed some notebook paper, and started jotting down a list of what they had now. Reasons it could be one group or another, a note at the bottom, circled: COLORS!

"Someone will answer for this. The question becomes, do we focus more on figuring out who the suspicious parties might be? Or track whatever they may be doing next?"

If no scraps of paper left, then what?

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:38 pm
Panili’s mouth drew into a thin line.

‘we are a violent race, are we not?’

Her other companions had fair points, but everything hazed out when the blueblood spoke. Why was she here? Fingernails dug into the inside of her palm. Her vision was obscured by the dull push of her psionics.

“We’ll have to narrow things down. It sounds like we can’t remove any suspicious parties at this point, so I think we don’t have any choice. Hopefully these colors will prove useful.”

She seemed defeated—exhausted, even. Panili unballed her fists and flopped her arms on the table. She rested her head in the crooks of her elbows. No longer a leader now, just a child. Through her clothing, she mumbled.

“I’m sorry. I’m very tired; I think you’ll all need to go on without me.”

Malory put her hand on Panili’s shoulder. “Should we go?”

Everybody!
Feel free to ask Panili/Space crew questions! I'll be [officially] wrapping up on the date the rest of the meta RPs close at the latest.

Historical & Archived Events

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff