Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Little Phony

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Phonyland! 8D 

Tags: phony, phonies, phonyland, unicorn, pegasus 

Reply My Little Phony
[PRP] Return to Owner (Just Desserts/ Diamond Dust)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:22 pm
It was the early afternoon in Phonyland, on a calm sunny Sunday. School was out, but the park's resident teacher had assigned a reading list to her students to keep them occupied.

Just Desserts, a small purpley colt with green hair, had the afternoon free. His parents didn't need his help managing the chickens or baking anything. His siblings were off, busy with their own plans for the day. The young earth phony was left to his own devices and figured that perhaps he would make his way to the library to look into some of the recommending reading.

As it was a nice day out, Just Desserts took his time wandering to his destination. He frequently stopped to take a break, looking in shop windows or getting a snack. Being a sunny summer day, it was getting hot in the afternoon sun. To cool down, the colt bought a drink and sat down on a nearby bench to enjoy his beverage.

On the bench, there was pair of black eyeglasses. The frames were perched on the edge of the bench, with no owner near by. Just Desserts presumed that someone may have left them there on purpose or perhaps was coming back for them. When he finished his drink, he left the glasses alone and started to walk away.

ex o ex Snoof
Sorry this took so long! My muse finally started up today to get on it!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:22 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Hey!"

The call came from a short distance, light and concerned. A snowy filly trotted up to the bench quickly to stand beside the pair of glasses as if to protect them.

"Don't forget your glasses!" It was obvious, with her dark glittering eyes on him, that she was calling out to none other than Just Desserts. She put a hoof on the bench beside the glasses to indicate them more clearly, her little brows knit with worry.

She had only just stumbled up, of course. If she had come upon the scene sooner she would have noticed that the pastel colored colt had been reading just fine without the glasses and they had in fact been sitting right there well before he even took his seat. Despite the lack of evidence, the assumption seemed fair to her.

zippedsiren
No problem! Thanks for starting it :'D

Snoofington

Merry Krampus

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:50 am
ex o ex Snoof

Huh? Just Desserts turned around to see what was going on. He saw the pale blue filly staring directly at him. Turning his head to the side, there was no one else near that she could possibly be talking to. "Oh, no you have the wrong phony. Those aren't mine at all. We just shared the space for a moment."

With fewer phonies around, JD could understand how the filly could easily interpret the evidence and assume the glasses belonged to him. He trotted back over to the bench and scanned the area, no one else seemed to flinch at the mention of glasses. "If they aren't mine, and obviously not yours, I suppose they are lost? I'm sure if someone lost them the owner will realize and come back... eventually. Right?"  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:44 pm
Diamond Dust blinked, not sure she understood at first, but then it clicked and all that came out was a concerned "oh".

She plopped her rump down in front of the bench, beside the glasses, and leaned closer to inspect them. They were certainly too big for either of their heads, she now realized. "So somebody did leave without them."

The colt's assumption seemed sound enough. DiDi raised a hoof to her chin. If that was the case, then she felt content to sit and wait with the glasses until the owner returned to claim them. However, the more she thought about this scenario the more she realized one very crucial flaw. "What if... what if they can't find them, though? Because they can't see?" She covered her eyes with both hooves to illustrate. "They might not be able to find their way back."

zippedsiren
I AM SO SORRY FOR HOW LONG THIS TOOK

Snoofington

Merry Krampus

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:58 pm
ex o ex Snoof
I AM EQUALLY AS LONG

Although the pantomime of the filly was kind of funny, the situation warranted serious thought. Just Desserts stifled a short chuckle as he realized that this filly was right, it was entirely possible that the phony who had lost the glasses wouldn't be able to find them again.

Taking a glance around, Just Desserts didn't notice anyone stumbling around or obviously distraught over losing an item. The true owner must have been able to leave the scene ok. He tried to calm the filly's worry with rational logic, "I doubt the phony is total blind, otherwise they probably would have noticed really quickly that they were missing their spectacles."

If they were able enough to wander away from the scene though, Just Desserts was sure that the odds of them remembering exactly where they lost the glasses was growing slimmer by the minute. " They are probably sorely missing them, but what can we do?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:12 pm
DiDi frowned, brows curved up with worry. "I guess that makes sense." Her cheeks puffed out as she slumped and looked back at the glasses in question. So they could see well enough to have left them by accident but poorly enough to still need them. "Maybe they're reading glasses."

She turned back to Just Desserts, mildly shocked. "We can't just leave them here... can we? Somebody might sit on them and then they'd break." They were on a bench, after all. "They might not be far! We could ask around the park. O-or, um--" Her front hooves gestured vaguely in front of her as her eyes wandered and DiDi searched for her thoughts. "Maybe we can take it to someone and they can announce it over the PA system?"

zippedsiren
i am a fool and a dullard and i have taken far too long, forgive me friend

Snoofington

Merry Krampus

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:41 pm
Listening carefully to the suggestion, Just Desserts nodded along until DiDi mentioned the PA. There were certain benefits of living in the park. "Now that's a bright idea! Brilliant! No faster way to get the word out then over the PA system."

"I think the main office building for the park controls the sound systems. We could make our way there and ask for an announcement. Unless we could phone it in.. but once the owner hears about it, they can find us instead of them!" JD was pleased with the idea of cutting their work in half, reporting the lost
lenses would be easy.
ex o ex Snoof
Forgive me! I am just as bad, this winter was just so... implosion-y

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:05 pm
At the colt's agreement, Diamond Dust brightened. She smiled with more optimism thanks to his support. A bright idea, he said. Brilliant, even. This would surely work if he thought so, too. "I think you're right!" she nodded, her eyes sparkling with hope. DiDi giggled and shrugged. "I just want them to get their glasses safe and sound. They must be missing them, so the faster the better!"

She moved closer to the bench and nosed at the glasses until they were on her face. Immediately her vision blurred and things became too large, like looking in a fun house mirror. Diamond Dust crossed her eyes as she turned to JD and nudged the glasses up with her hoof so they rested on the top of her head for easy carrying. "Whoa. Yeah, they definitely need them. Goodness." Another slight laugh slipped out. "Let's go!"

zippedsiren
aaaa massive never ending apologies ;;;

Snoofington

Merry Krampus

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:57 pm
"Hey, that's not a bad look on you." The dark color of the glasses compliment the filly's coal colored eyes.

The duo made their way to main office building, and upon entering the building they found a large desk blocking off the majority of the room. Behind the desk was a half closed door to who knows what. However in the corner on the desk was what appeared to be some type of audio equipment, but more importantly a microphone. No attendant could be seen in the little room. Just Desserts stood on his hind legs and smacked a little service bell, making a pleasant ding sound. "Excuse me, anyone here?"

ex o ex Snoof
Apologies x 1000%

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:34 am
The compliment brought a warmth to her cheeks but there wasn't a spot of shyness to be seen from it, in her eyes or her smile which both shown bright. "Thanks!"

When they entered, the absence of anyone on staff was immediately apparent. No one was waiting for service, either, which struck Diamond Dust a bit odd. Maybe everyone was on break for lunch? And it seemed certain that whoever lost their glasses either hadn't managed to get here yet or was still searching for them out in the open. At JD's attempt to alert the workers to their presence, DiDi stood beside him and stared at the closed door.

Nothing happened.

"Uh-oh..." she murmured. After another few seconds, she stood up against the desk and tried the bell again with much the same result. "They must be really busy. Or something." Her eyes drifted back to the microphone readily on display. If the phony missing their glasses was still looking, she realized they would never find them now because they took them. The image of some poor phony stumbling around the park in a haze sent her little heart beating faster. "Should we just..?" Didi looked at Just Desserts, her eyes worried as she nodded to the microphone.

zippedsiren
we're getting close ; o ;; <3

Snoofington

Merry Krampus

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:58 pm
"Is that legal do you think?" Just Desserts didn't want to cross any boundaries that might get the two into trouble. At the same time, it was awkward that no one was attending the office. Surely, it was ok to go for it as they were here as good citizens. "It is for a good cause... so it I think we'll be ok. I've never heard of a law against public service announcements."

JD snuck behind the desk and cleared his throat. Pressing his hoof to the mircophone switch. "Uh, this is a public service announcement. A pair of black glasses were found on a park bench. Would the owner of these lost spectacles please report to the main office. I repeat, would the owner of lost black spectacles, last seen on a park bench, please report to the office." The earth colt dragged on a bit afterwords exclaiming, "Probably should work on my public speaking."

ex o ex Snoof
I'm a garbage person, thank you for the reminder!

My Little Phony

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games