Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Anime Retro & Classic Series
Pokemon Go! Quality Survey

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pokemon Go! Game Quality
  Good
  Bad
  Good Enough
  Bad Enough
View Results

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:00 am
Pokemon Go! Quality Survey

Greetings Fellow Guild Members,

This survey is about what you think about the quality of the new Pokemon Go! game. The comments will be an important part of the Pokemon Go! research that I'm doing. The top 3 most interesting answers to this survey will be noted on the Pokemon Go! thread that I'm going to post and start soon. I will do another announcement when that thread is ready to go. Please vote in the Poll.

Update - I have decided to not make this a contest anymore but just a Regular Gaia Poll instead. Please fill out the survey. The more info that I get from our Guild Members the better that I can understand the game and help others with questions about it. Thanks. I look forward to your comments.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:46 am
☯★

I'm actually surprised there isn't more people writing in this thread about Pokemon Go! since it is such a big thing going on right now.
I do play myself and in the poll, I answered with "good enough". I really think this is an amazing concept, and for Pokemon fans- it's the closest thing we will get to in becoming RL Pokemon Maters LOL. cat_xd The game does glitch a lot, but the updates help sometimes. I really dislike how some people are hacking.. especially with the GPS spoof, that makes it look like you are in different parts of the World, apparently. What sucks too is apparently it's really easy to ban people now! You just go the the Niantic website and get their username... what I DO NOT like about that is, if you are at a high level, some people just automatically assume you are cheating... but if you think about, it's easily possible for someone who has played the game consistently since it first came out to have some of their Pokemon at 2000 cp. So people shouldn't automatically assume that people are spoofing. If they are at level 6 for example with some Pokemon in the 2000 range, I'd definitely be suspicious. But hey, that's just what I think...

Other than that, I do like the game and I wish I had more phone data so I wouldn't have to worry about exceeding my max LOL. I do miss the tracking though... even though it bugged out a lot for me, it made it more fun, and a feel as if I really was on the search for Pokemon. Now it just shows the ones in the area with no clues as to where, or how close they are. Oh well, that's such a minor thing.

★☯

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100

Emizia

Wheezing Phantom

12,275 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:47 am
I'm team Instinct. Lvl 12. When the game first launched it glitched too much for it to work on my phone. I had to uninstall it for a few months until they came out with the updates. I still haven't taken a gym yet, I'm the kind of person who wants to evolve and level to the max before I do that.
I'm really enjoying the game.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:04 pm
KittenQuesadillaa
I'm team Instinct. Lvl 12. When the game first launched it glitched too much for it to work on my phone. I had to uninstall it for a few months until they came out with the updates. I still haven't taken a gym yet, I'm the kind of person who wants to evolve and level to the max before I do that.

☯★

Oh nice. I'm the same way actually- where I want to evolve and level as high as I can before taking gyms. I've gotten to level 21 Team Valor... but honestly, My Pokemon aren't even strong enough it seems nowadays compared to those around me... gyms are getting harder to take over, or at least where I am sad

★☯

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:59 am
Starz-N-Madness
KittenQuesadillaa

☯★

Oh nice. I'm the same way actually- where I want to evolve and level as high as I can before taking gyms. I've gotten to level 21 Team Valor... but honestly, My Pokemon aren't even strong enough it seems nowadays compared to those around me... gyms are getting harder to take over, or at least where I am sad

★☯

A long winded response to your post but it does talk about some of the things that will go into the official "Pokemon Go!" thread. I'm very excited by the first hand info that's listed below.

I happen to have 3 Pokemon Experts to help me out with everything Pokemon. During my extensive "Pokemon Go!" research my Nephew Nick (25 years old) & I went out into the field to check out "Pokemon Go!" trainers in action!. In South Eastern Michigan one of the best places to have fun looking for Pokemon is at U of M main campus in Downtown Ann Arbor, Michigan. Using my camera I went hunting for "Pokemon Go!" trainers. I was rewarded with many photos of "Pokemon Go!" trainers. One couple gave permission to take photos of them. The young lady clearly showed her enthusiasm to the game. Photos and the rest of the Ann Arbor "Pokemon Go!" trip will be part of the "Pokemon Go!" thread.

My nephew Tim (26 years old) and I simply went to the parking lot of his apartment to check on a "Pokemon Go!" gym nearby!! The gym was located at an info sign at the Westland, Michigan City Hall. From his game screen on his phone he was able to show me the defending "Pokemon Go!" team at the gym. Their were 8 defending trainers. I could see their avatars and their active Pokemon. It was cool. My Nephew told me that he could take on all 8 trainers with his many Pokemon and take the gym away from the 8 defenders. My Nephew Tim being a huge Pokemon fan knows everything about the teams Pokemon including their strengths and weaknesses. He told me that he could take over the gym for a while but would need a team to hang onto it. I learned a lot about Pokemon gyms that way. The info about the Pokemon gym that I learned from my nephew Tim will be one of the main topics on the Pokemon Go! thread.

My Niece Miranda (16 years old) is my official Pokemon expert. Over the years she has helped me identify Pokemon from the Cosplay Photos that I took at Anime / Cosplay and has an extensive collection of Pokemon cards. I once had her recite in order the current Pokemon by number. After 5 minutes I had to put my hands on her arms to get her to stop! She plays "Pokemon Go! by watching her friends play it in the field. Her insights and perception of the Game will be in the thread as well.

The Official "Pokemon Go!" thread will be based on the extensive research that I have done. It won't be a simple thread where you learn about the game and can comment on it.

The above is some of the many things that I will include in the thread. I hope that the Guild will appreciate the effort I've gone to for this thread. Stay tuned, smile  
Anime Retro & Classic Series

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games