Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Courage and Trust ( Nostalion | Lihi Xiang )

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pandora Talie
Crew

Shy Kitten

16,175 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Novice Mage 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:27 pm
This is a private RP between Pandora Talie's Keeper Nostalion and LydaLynn's Lihi Xiang.
User ImageUser Image

A bitter, northerly wind gusts through barren leafless apple trees and over the snow covered forest floor. It ceases occasionally, just long enough for the gentle warmth of the sun to remind one that winter has passed. It is a chilly, early-spring morning in Big Oak Grove. Although, if you asked anybody from around here, they would likely say otherwise. Winter was a cruel ordeal, this time around. The worst in recent years, most agree. Ice formed where never there was, snow piled over tree tops, and the wind--cutting like a knife--ripped through the woods, breaking and uprooting trees.

But, this is in the past now. Today, the sun shines, rabbits frolic leaving shallow little track marks in the snow, and everyone takes in the fresh spring air.

Outside a rapidly thawing frozen waterfall, an incongruous green stallion plods through a knee deep field of soft snow. His stately antlers and light build mark this stallion as as one of the Cerynei, a proud breed of Soquili.

“I deem this snow... wet!” Nostalion chuckles plowing through the soft snow. “I think today might be the day.” Overhead, a familiar feathered shape circles around, taking advantage of a superior vantage point. It dives, suddenly, swooping down to perch on one of his antlers. “What say you, friend? Is it fit to travel?”

The raven nods.

“Lihi! Today is the day!” Nostalion shouts with a big grin.

LydaLynn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:39 am
User Image User Image

It had taken Lihi half the winter to get accustomed to the 'white curse' that covered this land. Even having survived it, she still wasn't happy about it. But she had proved hardy and willing to work once she had a direction to take, glad to do whatever Nostalion needed help with to relieve the endless days of dark and cold.

Her legs much colder than they had been lately, she looks miserably at the 'wet' snow. The moisture had reached her skin through much thinner fur than Nostalion sported and she shakes a fetlock free of the clinging slush before she moves to join him.

"Today?" She looks around at what still seems to be a rather forbidding landscape. "You're sure? I do want to see my family but . . . it is still white." Reaching over to nuzzle his shoulder, "You are sure you can leave the grove?"  

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Pandora Talie
Crew

Shy Kitten

16,175 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Novice Mage 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:21 pm
“Of course! There is no day like today; no time like the present!” Nostalion gives Lihi his grandest smile as he pours on the steam, playfully bounding through the snow around her. Secretly, a sense of trepidation worms its way deep into his heart, however. It is his place that they intend to depart from, after all. How will he do in the foreign land she calls home? And, how will his grove do without him?

LydaLynn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:02 pm
She laughs as he plays, remembering when he tried to convince her snow was fun. She still wasn't sure about that. But she was sure about him. "Well, I will be happy to see my family. And to have oranges again. And . . . oh all the things."

She knew leaving was a big deal for Nostalion and she didn't want to make it harder for him. And, after the winter, she was fairly certain he didn't often spend time with others. She was a bit worried her family would be overwhelming. They'd mean well but . . . She'd been gone a long time and she was coming back with a strange stallion. And for the first time in a long time she really looked at him.

He was large, strong, imposing. To her that was safety and comfort and . . . special. It was Nostalion. And she wouldn't change him one bit. But she also saw the differences between him and the stallions of her home herd and hoped everyone would accept him for who he was, as she did.

Lihi was fairly certain that once he got talking about caring for the orchard with those who cared for theirs things would smooth out. She only hoped they didn't start too bumpy. Realizing she was staring, she blushes.

Nodding, "I'll get the bundle of apples we dried to take to share with them and rouse Speckastein. I just hope he really does know how to get us back." She turns and takes a few steps before she pauses and turns back.

Voice tender. "Nostalion . . . ?" But she doesn't complete whatever thought was behind the soft look in her eyes.

Pandora Talie

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Pandora Talie
Crew

Shy Kitten

16,175 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Novice Mage 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:42 pm
Nostalion moves close and asks, “Yes?” A breath of cold wind tugs at his leafy mane. Whether it was fate or circumstance that brought them together matters not, to him. The fact is that this mare is the most important creature alive, right now, and her happiness is one of his greatest goals.

LydaLynn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:51 pm
Her eyes meet his glowing gaze and she looses herself for a moment. Breath caught in her throat she tries to make the words come. For the whole of the winter she hadn't said them. Each time she thought to something stopped her.

But he was about to leave his home, with her, to take her back to the groves of her family. And in that moment, seeing the moisture steam from his sides and the flush of his romp still on his cheeks, the words forced themselves out.

"I . . . I love you."

Pandora Talie

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Pandora Talie
Crew

Shy Kitten

16,175 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Novice Mage 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:39 pm
“Oh Lihi… My love for you is like a clear sky after a cloudy morning, the dew in the dawn, as the sun of spring, as the flowers in early summer. Your voice brings joy to my heart and calm to my mind.” Nostalion waxes poetic, quoting something he heard long ago. “I love you too, my beauty” He nuzzles her neck.

Suddenly realizing the time he blurts, “Apples! Yes! We will bring the dried apples and winter apples! Oh! And we can’t forget the nuts, herbs, and spices!”

Hurriedly he rushes back to the cave to retrieve their gifts and provisions for the journey ahead. In the cave he gathers together various bushels and bundles lashing them together with brown and green ropes of roughly twisted natural fibers.

Nostalion’s larder has always well stocked and it is a point of pride for him to have excellent variety in foods. Whatever the creature in need, he has sustenance for it. “We have roasted almonds, walnuts, pistachios, cashews... what am I forgetting?”

LydaLynn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:55 pm
She wanders in after him, bemused. "To breath?" Somehow having said it made things easier, lighter.

"Nostalion, take a breath. They're going to love you, I promise." Once again she moves to nuzzle him, physical affection always coming easier.

"Are you nervous?" Her voice holds her concern for him.

Pandora Talie

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Pandora Talie
Crew

Shy Kitten

16,175 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Novice Mage 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:51 pm
LydaLynn

The morning sun streams into the cave illuminating the pair and their various possessions, all packed up for the road. Melting snow slowly drips down over the entrance, the individual droplets disappearing with tiny plops into a puddle below.

The leafy green stallion graciously accepts her affection and gladly reciprocates the gesture. “Nervous? Never, especially with you at my side.”

Looking over their supplies again, he states, “This should be sufficient for a month’s journey… assuming we forage a little now and then.” Deftly, the stallion scoops up the bulk of their things. “Well, if you’re ready, then I’m ready!” Nostalion sets his sight on the horizon, his uncertainty giving way to anticipation.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:57 am
Lihi lightly nips Nostalion's rump as she passes him to gather the rest of the bundled things they would be taking. "I'm ready."

And she looks around until she finds Speckastein, "Time to go back to the oranges. Lead the way."

"Well finally! You know we did this all backwards!" He says as he buzzes ahead of them, leading the way.

"Yes, Speck, you've mentioned that a few hundred times." She sighs, it was his own fault he'd gone north for the winter instead of south. Though she was happy he had, because it meant she met Nostalion.

Pandora Talie

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Pandora Talie
Crew

Shy Kitten

16,175 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Novice Mage 100
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:53 pm
Surprised by Lihi’s flirtatious gesture, Nostalion jumps, nearly dropping his burden. Regaining his composure, he gives the mare a saucy look and opens his mouth to say something, but decides against it and just grins.

The stallion follows his mate and her winged friend, flitting about, babbling about something. Although the bird still annoys him from time to time, Speck has started to grow on him. In his opinion, the humming bird isn’t as stalwart or regal as his Iona, but he’s definitely loyal and obviously cares deeply for Lihi. Good enough in his book.

As they travel, Nostalion dwells on his decision to depart from the grove, leaving Iona in charge. His raven is competent and he stressed to her that she mustn’t take any chances while he’s away. He worries none the less

LydaLynn

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:46 pm
Walking next to him, she bumps her rump into his. "You're worrying. Are you sure you can leave your forest? It will probably be months before we're back. I . . . I understand if you want to stay."

She hoped he would say he was sure, because she didn't know what she'd do if he changed his mind. She very much wanted to see her family again, but she didn't think she could leave him if he decided to stay.

Especially not now. She wasn't sure, but she thought she might be with foal. If they had stayed anther week she could have been sure, then she would have told him and possibly delayed the journey. But she wasn't sure, and she so wanted to see her herd, her family again. To smell the salty air and taste the spring orange blossoms.

She hoped she wasn't wrong to journey now. Speck seemed confident they could make the trip in just a couple weeks, though it had taken them four to find the apples and Nostalion. Surely that would be enough time to see her family and return, if she was with foal.

Though she wasn't sure, she honestly hadn't paid much attention to the mares foaling before. After all, she hadn't had any plans not to be with her herd and overseen by the midwives. Lihi never would have dreamed to have fallen in love so far away from everything she knew.

But here she was, and she was in love. When she was sure, she would tell Nostalion that she was with foal. She hoped with all her heart that he loved her as she loved him and that he would be as happy for a family as she was. If not . . . well, she was heading back home, so she'd at least have support, even if it came with a broken heart.

Pandora Talie

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Pandora Talie
Crew

Shy Kitten

16,175 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Novice Mage 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:48 pm
Broken from his reverie, Nostalion blurts, “Yes! Of course!” He shakes his head and smiles, “What I mean to say is… I have the utmost confidence that Iona will succeed in safeguarding the grove, while I am away.”

“Besides, the grove existed long before I came along and will no doubt exist in some fashion long after I’m gone.” The stallion has always been well aware of his own mortality, but the once refreshing chill of snow takes on a frigid bite.

“Tell me again, of your home my love.”

LydaLynn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:34 pm
She laughs, shaking her head. "All winter you have asked for stories of my home. I do not think there is anything you don't know better than me now."

But with a rolling of her shoulders in a soft shrug, "It will be warm and sunny. Except a few hours after the sun has passed the highest point in the sky, then it will rain for a time, it does this most days. I . . . I don't know any more how the season is there. It may be there are storms. I hope we do not have bad storms, the storm season is dangerous."

"But my family will be there, all my cousins and aunts and uncles and my father and everyone." She smiles thinking about it, then her expression sobers. "I hope they did not think me dead. I have been away for so very long. It has been many many moons."

"My father . . . After mother was swept out to sea he became very quiet, still. His sorrow was very great. He has never once sought another mare since she was lost. My aunt said that she thought he might have gone into the ocean after her if I had not been there to care for." Her words trail off. This isn't the first time she's worried about her father, but she hadn't quite explained it before.

Pandora Talie

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out