Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!
I guess for those of you that don't know....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SuicidalSkittles
Crew

Rainbow Witch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:03 pm
My boyfriend and I of 7 years decided to get married on our 7th anniversary.

It was a spur of the moment thing, and we decided that we would have a reception for family and friends later. Yay for typical Nevada shotgun weddings.

Also, married life is no different than life before. We were pretty much married anyway lol... except now, I'm entitled to his paychecks twisted twisted twisted  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:32 am
I already knew!! *runs around throwing rice*

But congrats by the ways. After seven years, it probably seemed time to call it, lol.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:59 am
I think one or two more years and you all would have been considered common-law married.

But yay congratulations! That's fantastic.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:53 am
Zphal

But congrats by the ways. After seven years, it probably seemed time to call it, lol.

Yeah we had been talking about doing it for a while, but we had nothing set in stone.

Mama Ame
I think one or two more years and you all would have been considered common-law married.

And actually in Nevada, common-law isn't recognized. confused  

SuicidalSkittles
Crew

Rainbow Witch

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:30 pm
SuicidalSkittles
Zphal

Yeah we had been talking about doing it for a while, but we had nothing set in stone.

Mama Ame

Oh really?

Well I've learned something new.

I know it's recognized in Missouri because my inlaws were common-law married for a while before actually getting married.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:22 pm
Mama Ame

So if I just cohabitate with Neil long enough... >w>  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:15 pm
Congrats!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:13 pm
SuicidalSkittles
My boyfriend and I of 7 years decided to get married on our 7th anniversary.

It was a spur of the moment thing, and we decided that we would have a reception for family and friends later. Yay for typical Nevada shotgun weddings.

Also, married life is no different than life before. We were pretty much married anyway lol... except now, I'm entitled to his paychecks twisted twisted twisted

congrats I wish you both the best.  

Bunny Motherof2

Timid Gaian

20,265 Points
  • Timid 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100

Yuki_Windira

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:47 pm
Congrats! :3  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:25 am
Mama Ame
SuicidalSkittles
Zphal

Mama Ame

Oh really?

Well I've learned something new.

I know it's recognized in Missouri because my inlaws were common-law married for a while before actually getting married.

"States that do recognize common law marriage include the following: Alabama, Colorado, District of Columbia, Georgia (if created prior to 1997), Idaho (if created before 1996), Iowa, Kansas, Montana, New Hampshire (for inheritance purposes only), Ohio (if created prior to 10/1991), Oklahoma, Pennsylvania (if created before 9/2003), Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas and Utah." x

"Despite much belief to the contrary, the length of time you live together does not by itself determine whether a common law marriage exists. No state law or court decision says seven years or ten years of cohabitation is all that is needed for a common law marriage. It's only one factor the court may consider."  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

beaulolais

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:49 am
evidence of co,,om law marriage may include sharing a surname. sharing an address, sharing a bank account, having a sort of wedding type celebration, with cake (especially if the cake has a little bride and groom figure on top, and you have pictures), and especially if you exchange rings  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:56 am
yay you!  

chessiejo

"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas