Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:04 pm
Syrius Lionwing

User Image

Never in all her wildest dreams of wandering would she ever have thought she'd run across as strange a bunch as these who called themselves Arakkoa. Aspasia lived to travel and traveled to see new places and ponies. Without a doubt she'd found strange ponies, and they fascinated her. It wasn't just their manes, coats, and wings. She had seen plenty of strange wings in her day. All manor of ones that flew. No it was their story that enthralled her. That and their jewelry. If she hadn't had her own she'd of been down right jealous.

Aspasia hadn't realized it, but subconsciously she'd been looking for a place to belong. She felt she'd achieved that with this oddball group. The minty mare knew they probably only tolerated her because she helped them. She'd seen so much of the land here and met many different ponies that she was able to offer helpful advice to them. With luck when they settled down maybe they'd let her stay with them. Or if they choose to continue the wandering life like she'd been doing she'd be happy to tag along there too.

The mare glanced up at the stars. The group had stopped for a night by a small pond. She was having a hard time sleeping and had gotten up to get a drink. When she approached the still waters, Aspasia realized that the stars in the sky were reflected perfectly in the water. She was loath to disturb it for her drink.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:35 am
magnadearel

User Image

Grizzik was feeling optimistic. Having escaped his old home where he was under persecution and feared constantly for his life now he could see the future, or at least a future. The wandering across these new green lands was getting a little old, he longed for a comfortable tree to lounge under, a meadow he could relax in, a sky clear enough that he could just float on an updraft. There was much travelling still to do though and a safe future was far from guaranteed, still, cautious optimism coloured his dreams.

The nights bright stars twinkled above as he trotted towards the waters edge. His gaze flittering between the sky and the glassy surface of the lake he barely noticed the mint coloured mare until he virtually bumped in to her. "Apologies" he rumbles, his voice was rough like the grinding of sandpaper over a stone, he always sounded like this, his voice strangely deadpan.

Taking a step back to give the mare some space he bowed his head "I didn't mean to interrupt your reverie, I'll just quench my thirst and leave you to your thoughts" he moves to the waters edge lowering his head to take a long drink.

Syrius Lionwing

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:32 pm
Syrius Lionwing

She really needed to pay more attention to her surroundings, she realized, as she didn't notice a quiet stallion until he'd nearly bumped into her. Aspasia was still trying to learn all the members of this tiny herd. "Not to worry." It was dark and hard to see things. The mare opened her mouth to say something when he mentioned his thirst. It was stupid of her to try to prevent his drinking when he hadn't felt the inspiration she had in the moment. He obviously hadn't felt anything but his thirst. She sighed softly to herself as he broke the waters and reflection.

Aspasia followed him down to the water's edge. "That's quite all right. I came down for a drink myself and got lost in the prettiness of it." She stopped and took a drink herself. His voice had a quality she'd never heard before. There was no emotion at all to it. The mare wondered why that was so as she took her time to finish drinking. Once done, she looked back towards him. "I'm still trying to learn everyone's names. Could you please tell me yours again?"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:42 am
magnadearel

His thirst quenched he lifted his head to look at the mare. She was... The guide. He wondered faintly how much she had been told about the herd, he wondered if she felt any prejudice, he wondered all of this in a split second before he answered with his name. "Grizzik." He states simply, though it occurred to him he should probably reciprocate so he allowed a tentative smile to rise on his lips. "I know you are the guide but I missed introductions." He whispers his voice still a gruff rumble despite having whet his throat.

Turning his gaze back to the water he tilted his head gently, an almost comical look for the feathered stallion. "Yes, it is beautiful. Almost like a dream, I fear that sometimes that I am simply dreaming and I was left behind.." He trailed off his gaze returning to the green mare. "I'm sorry I should not bore you with what is past while you are leading us to the future."

Syrius Lionwing

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:15 pm
Syrius Lionwing

They were lucky, she realized. They knew each other so well after traveling so far together. She'd always traveled alone, and everyone she ever met was new to her. It was fun, but in a way she missed what they had. Aspasia was trying to change that and fit in more with the group. It was hard when they spoke of soq or events that she didn't know. That didn't stop her from listening to their stories, trying to get to know them through their stories.

Grizzik, she thought. She must remember it this time. Of course now that she'd spoken to him personally and could identify his voice with him it wouldn't be as hard. "I am. My name is Aspasia. I've flown over a lot of these lands." He knew she was the guide they were relying on, but she wanted to clarify why she was the guide. Any soq could have been picked.

She flicked her ears back in sympathy. "You don't need to fear Grizzik. I won't leave anyone behind." It was a promise. They all had come through so much to get here. Only if they left by choice would she feel ok about letting them go. Aspasia shook her head. "No no, it's not a bore. I like hearing whatever tales you wish to tell." She blushed slightly, grateful for the darkness. "It helps me get to know you all better."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:23 am
magnadearel

The big stallion chuckled, it had been a long time since he had laughed but the mint coloured mare amused him. She was optimistic, cheerful, full of promises, he liked that immensely, though he had fear deeply etched in his soul he had hope in his heart. This mare she was hope for the whole herd. "You don't have to promise me such things Aspasia, I'm not leaving until I return to the earth." He rumbles his eyes fixed upon the female.

"I'm not much for telling of stories my voice doesn't really lend itself to such things." He clears his throat, he was fairly sure he hadn't spoken this much since he was a foal. "my tales would probably make you run away and that would be a shame on the herd. We have gained a blessing with your arrival" he states his deadpan voice never changing or wavering with uncertainty.

a smile lifted on his muzzle, "I'm sure you have many adventures to tell though."

Syrius Lionwing

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:44 pm
Syrius Lionwing
Is his monotone a genetic trait?

She tilted her head at his comment and felt her head feathers sway a bit. Aspasia was glad to hear him laugh though. He'd seemed so solemn or sad until that moment. "Still, I give that promise freely." She didn't want him to return to the earth too soon! What would that say about her guiding skills? This responsibility was a whole new aspect to her. When did she start caring so much about this herd? Why did she care? It wasn't like they and she had anything in common. Did she pity them for the trials they had faced? Aspasia was confused and unsure, unable to place a hoof on the reason. It bothered her a bit.

"I think you're voice is just fine," she replied without thinking. The mare blushed. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be rude. There are other ways than a voice to tell a story." Maybe someday he'd want to tell her, but she wouldn't force him. "I wouldn't. It's good to learn about new places, which is what that would be. It made you all who you are today." She blushed again happily this time when he said her arrival was a blessing.

"Aw..." she dug a hoof into the turf awkwardly. "I guess I have some. Maybe we can do a trade?" Aspasia looked at him hopefully.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:16 am
magnadearel
no, I have it in my head that something happened to him as a child and his throat got damaged so if he's too animated when he speaks it hurts.

The tan and green stallion smiled a sad smile. "I have no nice tales to tell sweet lady but I can tell you about my voice if you wish it." A glimmer of pure sadness washed across his face and his brow wrinkled, he would tell her if she wished it, but it was not a nice tale.

"Perhaps such a tale is not for such a nice night, I'm sure you have a more jovial tale to tell." He lowers himself to the ground arranging his wings against his back, he nods to the space beside him. "Rest your hooves and we can talk of past happiness and future joys, at least for tonight. I promise I will tell my story to you when we find home."

Syrius Lionwing

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:45 pm
Syrius Lionwing
Wanna wrap this up and we can start another?

Aspasia chewed her bottom lip for a moment. Not all tales had a happy ending. "Not every tale is all sugar and oats." It took the good with the bad to make them who they were. Perhaps the horrors in his tales were still too close to home. Given some distance from them, maybe he could talk about them. She could tell he didn't want to speak of it yet, and nodded.

"Let me see what I can regal you with tonight." She grinned and settled herself down, nearby but not too close. Aspasia looked at him gratefully. All she had to do was find them a home to hear his tale. She was now more determined than ever! Taking a deep breath, the mare closed her eyes. What story could she tell him?

"I was once flying over a salt plains. A short storm came through and I had to land. Soon it had past but there was a couple inches of water covering the ground. Without a thought I took back off. Suddenly I found myself completely surrounded by sky! Sky above me and sky below me! I wasn't sure if I should fly up or down!" She laughed. During the time she'd been terrified, but it was kinda funny now. It'd taken her some time to find a marker so she could tell where the ground was.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:30 am
magnadearel
yus! *wraps*

Grizzik listened intently as the female told her tale, he could feel his eyes getting heavy. He let a small laugh escape his muzzle. "A place of only sky, it sounds like a dream." He whispers, a place of nothing but sky where you would just fly forever?

"A dream. I hope it isn't a dream." He lowers his large head resting his chin on his large claws, closing his mint green eyes.

Syrius Lionwing

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff