Submit

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:52 pm
This is a private role play for StrawberryRoseTea's Decadent and Ryghann's Pollux.
shared teepee
User ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:11 pm
User ImageDecadent drowsed just beyond the edge of midday sunlight that fell into the entrance of her cave. With the temperatures of the late-spring days on the rise it wouldn't be long before she was forced to move further in to take refuge from the summer heat. Occasionally her tail would flick at one of few brave flys that dared to buzz around her. Her ears moving ever so slightly to take in the sounds of the forest below.

As she relaxed, her eyes half closed, she once again thought about how grateful she was for finding this particular cave. Halfway up the side of a small cliff it was all but inaccesable save to those with wings. It was rather convenient when some pesky critter or something had decided it wanted to come bothering her. In the back of the cave was a tiny spring that let out a steady trickle of water. After taking some time to cultivate the floor of the cave with her sharp hooves, the water filled a small pool before flowing along one wall and out of the entrance of the cave to tumble down the rocks of the cliff and into another set of hoof carved ditches where it went to irrigate her pride and joy. Her rose garden. The little spring flowed steadily all through the seasons. Helping cool the cave in the summer and, with a little work, providing a reliable water source in the winter.

At the thought of her roses Deca leaned forward to peer over the edge of her floor at the bud covered bushes below. It wouldn't be long now before the plants exploded in color. With a small smile of self satisfaction at her work with the plants, she shifted her weight and went back to drowsing. Enjoying the peacefulness of the forest with lightly closed eyes. It was nice to be alone.

WC:316

Ryghann

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Ryghann

Romantic Krampus

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:41 pm
User ImagePolluxs day had started out pretty early. Since he started his journey away from his family to find his place in life his wakenings to the day came a little before sunrise. He really enjoyed exploring the world around him, taking in the sights sounds smells....but most importantly taste. Pol was quite a glutton for leafy greens and some fruits and enjoyed munching on what he could add he traveled. It also helped him to fond out what could be eaten. Occasionally he would get sick but nothing too horrible.

This day he would explore deeper into the forest. It looked like it was going to be a hot day so the trees would provide ample shade. Besides the trees smelled good and some of them had tasty bark.

A chittering between his shoulders arose as his watcher, a small fronded lizard named Mekbuda, awoke when the sun rose high enough. Mek liked to sleep in most days which was nice cause Pol could eat a little extra in the morning without getting a scolding squeak. The watchers varied in species but they choose who they will follow on their journey.

"Good morning friend." Pol mumbled between some large ferns in his mouth as he walked along the forest floor. "As to you youngling." Mekbuda shook and stretched his spines before climbing on top his head. Pol thoughtfully rolled his eyes since he knew his lizard friend was going to bask there.

The longer they strolled the hotter it became, Mekbuda was fine and dandy but pollux needed some better shade! Peering around the thick trees he thought he saw some stone. Double checking he was right!! A cave! Peering again he saw it was up a crazy cliff face. Darn! However looking again he saw stream that flowed out of it, maybe there'd be a pool he could soak in?

He approached towards where the base would be and to his luck there was a small pool which he gratefully sank into. Ahhhhh so nice! He enjoyed the relief until he picked up something...

Something was in the air, a sweet smell pervaded his nostrils and his stomach growled for it. Peering around he wandered until he found the source. A plant he'd never seen before! It had spines on it and the tops had pods with pretty colors on them! He hovered over them and smelled them deeply, letting their sweetness fill his lungs.Mmmm! He was slightly cautious however, the last beautiful plant made him sick. So for now he pondered this plant but continued to inhale their delicious musk.

432 wc  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:14 pm
User ImageSomething was different. Deca pulled herself from her lazing state and listened alertly. There! Something was at the base of her cliff. In her little pool. At the sound of movement in the water again she decided that it would be best to investigate. For the most part she had either hunted or scared away most of the pests that would bother her roses. The simple fact that something was willing to come close enough to her cave that it would be in her water was a warning of some change. Something new.

She shifted herself closer to the cave edge trying to get a good view without, hopefully, giving away her presence. New or not as long as her roses were safe she didn't want to get involved with anything, anyone, else. Looking down the little fall of water to the pool at the base of the cliff the sight that met her eyes gave her pause. Of course she had seen others of her kind before. Interacted with a few even. Not that anything ever came of it. But this one, this one was different. It had smooth skin and no mane and an odd thick tail with no hair.

Intrigued, but not enough to want to make contact she continued watching the stranger. After a moment she realized they weren't alone. That really made her hope there was no reason to go down there. The only thing worse than chasing one visitor away was dealing with two. She continued to watch the two, getting more agitated as they began moving toward and then around her roses. When she saw the one like her lean over one of her plants that was when she decided action had to be taken.

Irritation at the visitors and anger at the threat to her plants ran through her as she spread her wings and leap from the cave mouth into thin air with a yell "Leave! Now!"
Surprise, and her Kalona wing silhouette, was usually enough to deter most of those she wished to intimidate away. As the wing caught in the membrane of her wings and they snapped fully open, she made sure to circle ominously above the area in front of her home that she claimed as her own before landing near the interloper and rearing her smaller than average body into a fierce posture. She flapped her wings a few times in a posturing manor before landing and facing the trespassers front on.

WC: 415  

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Ryghann

Romantic Krampus

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:31 am
User ImagePolluxs eyes snapped wide open and he lifted his head to see what was causing such a terrifying shadow and the shout. Mekbuda squeaked and clung to the underneath of Pols head knob. The stallion realised that being in the pool must've angered the strange batlike creature. He didnt wish to uspet anyone but it was a hot day after all! After getting a good glimpse of this mare he was a little dumbfounded by her size compared to his bulk. He knew however, that defending or frightened creatures, no matter the size, were not to be messed with. A few previous situations before this adventure taught him this the hard way, even if he meant to harm. He ended up getting scratched, bitten, kicked or slapped by one creature or another so that got him thinking about this event.

He ambled out of the refreshing water, being careful of his footing and strode to a comfortable standing place to better understand his folly. Looking around slowly trying to ascertain his errors. He started calmly in his deep voice, "I apologize, for intruding. The day was getting very hot and I was seeking a cool off. We did not mean to trespass on your lands." He bowed his head to her. Little Mekbuda peering from behind the knob. "We are traveling to understand the world better," He added quickly, trying to help his situation,"Maybe you and I can chat in a cool place to learn about eachother?" He managed a cute smile at her, despite his wariness of her menacing approach.

WC 262  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:11 pm
User Image
"Leave!" She hissed again, making sure to aim a particularly baleful glance at Mek seeing that her wrath was actually affecting him. However as she continued to fan her wings in a menacing manner she studied Pollux with a critical eye. He didn't appear to be much of a threat despite his large size. He seemed of gentle manner and was giving her space well enough. He was also careful where he placed his giant feet she noted. He hadn't actually harmed her roses either. Just eyed them. But who was to say that had she given him another moment the story would not be different.

There was also truth to what he was saying. It was a rather warm day. It was also obvious that he was a stranger around here and did not know to leave her alone. However after this encounter she hoped that he didn't plan on returning. Traveling? Maybe that meant that he would be easy to move along. As a rather warm breeze ruffled her mane she lashed her tail in irritation at being forced into the heat.
"Understand this," she finally said, "this is my space and you are not welcome here. I have no wish to learn about you, nor will I tell such a lowly one as yourself about me. My only wish is to be alone." She began to turn away obviously dismissing him, assuming he would listen when an idea slowly formed. "Unless," she glanced back at him, "you have a talent you feel would be useful to me. Then I suppose I could allow you to continue to defile my irrigation. Otherwise, begone. But be warned. Leave my garden be or I will get very angry."

She turned from him once more to make her way further into her garden, checking the bushes and plants that she passed as if for any harm he may have caused by simply being present. She paused by a particularly thorny bush and began delicately pruning overcrowded leaves and buds off with her teeth. While she treated the bush with the tenderness one would normally show a child it was obvious the plant felt no such respect for her and soon her muzzle had a number of cuts welling with blood. Nonchalantly she licked her lips and moved to another bush, repeating her care.

WC: 392  

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Ryghann

Romantic Krampus

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:01 pm
User ImagePolluxs eyes changed to a little sad at her standoff ish negativity, he enjoyed making friends when he could and upsetting them was the very last thing he wanted to do. Defile? not in a million trillion years. Obviously this little mare had some history to make her the way she was, possibly too much history for even him to understand fully. Either was he wasnt going to just back down, he made up his mind that he was at least going to try and befriend the pretty girl.

Talent? Did Pollux have any talents? "Hmmmm...." He began thinking, hard. He wasnt quite sure what a talent was or how to use it or help people with it. Looking at where he was going to sit, he carefully placed his rump to get a better thinking position, without squooshing anything important. "Hurmmm..." Pollux squinted his eyes with his efforts of thought. During his thinking he eyed the mare, watching her sudden kindness and care over her plants. He was very impressed and enjoyed the short moment of sweetness there.

"Your plants are very healthy and pretty," He tossed in. "I didnt hurt them at all did i?" He was really hoping he hadnt, otherwise he would feel awful, that and who knew what that mare was capable of?

He eventually gave up and flopped on the ground, carefully. "I dont know what a talent is!" He was saddened and frustrated. "I wish to be useful to you but i dont know how...." He sighed deeply feeling defeated and useless at that point.

WC 262  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:43 am
User Image As she moved from plant to plant Deca kept half an ear cocked in his direction, glancing over whenever he moved to make sure he was still keeping his bulk away from her plants. It unnerved her to have him in this specific part of her garden especially. Even though her roses were her prize she did keep some other flowers around as well as some plants that were good for food.

When he complimented her plants she stopped and stared at him meeting his eyes briefly. He seemed very sincere. She had had a few stallions try to charm her in the past and his sincerity was refreshing after her experience with flattery. Of course she had quickly gotten rid of those other stallions. they had at least bothered to take the hint when she had forced them from her home. She couldn't decide if this particular stallion was particularly stubborn or just dense. "Of course they're healthy. It's because no one else comes near them. And no, you haven't managed to cause any damage. Yet. But I'm watching you. " She turned back to caring for her plants, leaving him to continue puzzling out a way to repay her for invading her space.

When he finally obviously gave up on thinking and started going on about not having, or evening know what talent was, she finally decided that he must just be dense. Though she was a bit impressed, if frustrated, that he still wanted to keep up his end of her deal about being in her space. A thought dawned on her that she didn't particularly like. As a matter of fact the origin of it confused her a bit. It was unlike her to find some way to actually keep some one around. She heaved a great sigh and rolled her eyes skyward before turning and meandering back in his direction to stand before him.
"Well if you can't figure out anything now," she began eyeing his size and weighing in the possibilities of his usefulness at maybe intimidation to keep others away. Earth and sky knew that if he opened his mouth the illusion would be broken. "Then you'll just have to stay until you figure it out." She finished.

The idea solidified in her head. He looked brutish enough that if he just stuck around maybe his presence would keep others who might wander through away. He could be useful and not even know it. She wouldn't tell him either. Let him think he still owed her. Then, when she tired of him she could declare him useless and send him on his way. Hopefully with no intention of returning. She nodded internally. It was a perfect plan. She supposed she could even avoid him most of the time. What with him being wingless and land bound.

WC: 472  

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Ryghann

Romantic Krampus

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:26 am
User ImageHer decision to let him stay was a big relief and he was overjoyed! He got to his feet carefully and gave a little adorable hop,something like an excited foal would do. He gave her a very big appreciative smile,"oh thank you so much pretty lady!I promise I'll do what I can till I find out how I can help you! And I'll stay away from your beauties." He looked at her roses with a wishful expression, getting lost in their fragrance and delicate Beauty.

Shaking himself out of it he pondered where to go next with their meeting. His ears perked up and his eyes widened with a great idea that popped into his big head. "Well now that we will be staying together for a while we should share names! Hello, fair lady, my name is Pollux." He shook enough to make Mekbuda dislodge from his hiding spot," and this is my watcher, mekbuda." The lizard scrambled onto polluxs face so he could make eye contact with deca, giving her a regal lizardly bow.
After a polite wait he grinned at her excitedly, he couldn't wait to find out what this pretty mares name was, she was fierce but as lovely as her roses. "What are you called?" He put it in an inviting tone, simply sweet and kind with childlike curiosity.

WC 227  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:46 pm
User ImageGrimacing as if in pain, Decadent watched his foal-ish display. Maybe she would find an excuse to get rid of him sooner rather than later if he was going to keep up those antics.
"Don't thank me." She said sharply. "It's not a favor. It's a bargain. And you had better stay away from them. Earth and Sky help you if you don't" She bared her pointed Kalona teeth.
At the introductions her eyes narrowed. Pollux huh? She was sure she would forget it. Not like names mattered when the situation was only temporary anyway. When Mek scrambled into sight she met his eyes, studying him. He could be useful to her as well. Maybe later she would suggest something. For now though, "You stay away from my plants as well. If not, I'm sure you would make a very satisfying snack." Mostly an empty threat. She usually didn't hunt when there were other ways of getting food. The meat still upset her stomach somewhat when she wasn't depending on it to survive. But no matter her body's opinions, survival came first. They also didn't happen to know that. A little something to keep them on edge wouldn't hurt.

And then, of course, he had to ask her name. With a long-suffering sigh she rolled her eyes. He probably would come up with something worse to call her if she didn't tell him. "Not that it matters, but, Decadent." She didn't elaborate. It had been so long since she had said her own name that it felt odd in her mouth. Almost like it didn't fit. She was unused to thinking of herself attached to it. It was a stupid name anyway. Slightly insulting too, if she really thought about it. What had her mother been thinking? That was neither here or now so she focused back on what was before her. What she was sure was a looming disaster.

WC: 320  

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Ryghann

Romantic Krampus

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:09 am
User Image"Oh yes miss Decadent! I'll do anything and everything you ask for sure! I know it's not for fun and I have a duty to uphold! I'm just glad we can work this out and be friends! I wouldnt want to make such a pretty lady upset, nope, not even in the slightest!" He bowed his head respectfully, his eyes still shining with excitement of hopeful friendship and new possibilities. He watched her reactions to things and thought about how completely different she is from himself. Maybe he would learn how to be more like her? Pondering a moment he decided to straighten himself to a more stoic and strong pose. "I shall be whatever you wish of me." He said proudly. Mekbuda squinted at her as she bared her fangs wondering if she knew he liked to eat plant harming bugs. Nodding slowly he kept silent for now. Maybe when she was feeling more tolerable he would explain things calmly.

Pollux looked around a moment,"so....what do you need first?" He wanted to make sure to give a positive impression even if she was a bit defensive. He was sure he could win her over to friendship, possibly someday even more. She was very pretty and did find himself staring at her for long periods of time before blushing and looking elsewhere.

WC 223  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:40 am
User ImageDeca looked at him slightly confused. Friends? She didn't really understand the concept and wasn't sure what he was implying. It made her a little nervous. All she could guess was that it meant some sort of mutual relationship. She snorted at the idea that she would be able to stand him for long let alone develop some sort of camaraderie with him. While this 'friends' idea unsettled her a bit she wouldn't let it get to her. Nothing would come of it.
His compliment in her looks, however, did catch her attention. She was a bit vain, she did admit. It wasn't like she hadn't been complimented before but the humble sincerity of his words was different from the way others had gone about it. She preened a little bit as he continued to go on about how he wanted to serve her needs. When he drew himself up to a more serious posture it made her slightly suspicious that he may be making fun of her. She brushed aside the thought thinking that he was probably too dense to be able to purposely insult her. Especially after complimenting her. Ugh what a headache. Deca shook her head slightly. This was why she liked solitude. Others confused her.
At least the lizard seemed like he would comply with her demands. He seemed to be of little words too. That pleased her. Chatter was so tedious.

When Pollux had finished speaking it took her a moment to realize that he had asked a question and was awaiting an answer. He was also staring at her. She glared fiercely at him. "I don't need anything." She snapped. It was frustrating how quickly he switched between being annoying and unsettling. "However, I suppose that you will need to find a space to call your own for the time you are here." She thought for a moment about where to send him. She didn't want him among her plants lest he roll over them in his sleep or something else equally clumsy. It also would defeat the purpose of him being there if she sent him into the forest. Finally she decided. It was nearer to her than she liked but it would serve. "Over by the base of the cliff there is a spot. Not comfortable but good enough for you." Besides, it was summer. He'd survive.

WC:396  

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Ryghann

Romantic Krampus

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:16 am
User ImageHe almost leapt for complete joy! This was great! He was going to do is absolute best to help this pretty mare any way he could and he knew that Mek would give a claw too. He smiled widely at her and nodded many times nearly dislodging mek in the process. Mekbuda flapped his fronds and glided over to a nearby tree to watch from a distance. "Thank you so very much. I hope our encounter benefits the both of us Decadent." He truly meant it from the bottom of his big heart and wished the best. Seeing where she was intending him to stay he wandered over to the spot. It was the perfect size for him with some good shade and nice flat rocks to either sun on or cool off on. Wagging his tail happily he found some earth in his area to turn with his toes. That's what he liked to do before he lay down. So he took his toes and used his brutish strength to turn the earth into a nice ditry patch that he then layer on. " It's perfect deca!" He called to her almost invitingly to see his handywork.

WC:197  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:30 am
User ImageAs Deca watched him get excited over the rocky patch she had given him she couldn't fathom why he would want to stay here with her. She knew she wasn't exactly friendly. Purposefully actually. When he called to her she reluctantly meandered over to see what he wanted. As she surveyed the dirt that he was rolling in she was both irritated and a little impressed. He was going to be a dusty mess when he stood and why anyone would want that she didn't know. On the other hand, even she hadn't been able to loosen the soil in that spot which was why it was still bare. Maybe once she was rid of him she could plant something there.

"Don't get too comfortable." Deca grumped as she gave him one last glower before turning away. While she had been trying to get rid of the Dino stallion the sun had started downward in he sky. Which meant that it was close to time for her evening garden check. She started to wander among her flowers, checking here and there among them. While she was thinking about it she had probably consider finding, or picking, her dinner. She supposed she should probably worry about him and his lizard as well. Wouldn't want them getting any ideas as soon as her back was turned and their tummys started grumbling.

She made her way through her flowers to a secluded little corner where she had a decent sized vegetable garden. She gathered as much as she dared without making an impact on her plants and made her way back to Pollux where she dropped her bounty between them. "Food." Was all she said before grabbing the bits she wanted and turning away to leave again.

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Ryghann

Romantic Krampus

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:11 am
User ImageMekbuda had been watching them from his close by tree, calculating their reactions to eachother. This mare is quite unique and must be handled with delicacy he thought to himself. Tilting his head he heard a faint buzzing of insect wings, his eyes quickly scanning for the tasty sounding morsel. Aha! There it was....a fat juicy bug that was encroaching the mares garden. With flicks of his fronds he leapt into action making a loud squeak as he charged the lazy fat bug. In a lightning fast sweep he scooped the juicy insect into his maw and snapped it up as he landed not on the roses but on a nearby stone.

Pollux smiled proudly at his little display and gave a wag of his big Dino tail.But then Pollux glanced just as mek squeaked instinctually...being so used to his friend.making noises for particular events. Just in time to.see his friends helpful use of agility. Pollux was always impresses with his watcher and let out a cheer of delight. "Yeah!good job buddy!!"

WC:173  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces