Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[DRP] The Found (Al's family/visitors) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:21 am

The stark white room was anything but quiet; the hum, chirp, and buzz of several machines at work made sleep difficult. Still, he was so exhausted it didn't matter too much. He was in and out of sleep a lot.

As soon as the cast from his arm was removed and was cleared as okay, he went right to his phone. He was lonely and confused about a lot. It seemed like the only window to the outside of this unyielding solitary confinement.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:28 am

Red in a Sea of White

Al was still staring blankly at his phone when he'd arrived, barely registering just who he was. Looking up more as a reaction to a presence in the room. A vivid red presence. A familiar red presence.

He was incredibly pale, a bag of fluids hanging by his bed and thankfully going into his right arm where they did not impede him too terribly.

There was a bowl of cherry jello on a table that was shoved aside. He wasn't really hungry.

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

Toshihiko Two

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:14 am
Red in a Sea of White

Rep had thought, for whatever reason, that Al had quit without notice on account of some kind of fight they had. Harrison had thought this didn't sound much like Al (who had taken all manner of abuse, bad advice, and criticism from Rep in the past), but when he said so Rep had started to get panicky and defensive and Harrison hadn't pushed it.

Al showing up (hopefully) in the infirmary made a hell of a lot more sense.

Although Al had been a pretty faithful employee, Harrison didn't know too much about his personal life, except that he had a (nerdy) boyfriend and that he liked what Rep told him to like. Mainly stuff like whiskey and furs and whatever Rep deemed to be the most not-girly at the time.

Al also liked....bugs. Which was ******** horrible. Harrison was not going to bring him anything to do with that. Even if Al was dying. He was out of luck in that department.

Rep didn't want to bring anything, but Harrison brought some soda. In case Al could have soda. He had seemed a little loopy over Twitter. He thought, as far as Al went, bringing Rep was probably the most important part.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:29 am

Red in a Sea of White

Rep had been mad at Al. To say that was frankly, a ******** understatement. After all the s**t he'd given to the other man, all the care friendship and attention, he'd just ******** dumped him for the sake of some other random guy. A guy who was in Rep's opinion - a bit of an a*****e. It wasn't that he was ******** surprised by it, no, in fact he was kind of accepting of the whole goddamn situation, he wasted his time way too often on people who didn't actually - when it came down - to it give a single ******** about him. Al was more into whatever ******** nancy things he'd taken up and obviously someone who could give him something to ******** wasn't bitter about it. Not even a tiny ******** bit. No way.

When Al had stopped coming to work, he'd stepped up his own shifts to make up the difference without a word and had cut off the other man's wages. He'd even changed some of the locks, as if he was going through a nasty breakup. He didn't need anyone, he didn't need Al. He just needed Harrison and the bar. He'd grieved the death of another friendship to most people being arseholes.

Seeing the news of Al on twitter for just a ******** glimmering moment had brought back the spark of loyalty and friendship and as soon as he sent the message he was coming over, he regretted it and immediately wanted not to go. It had taken Harrison saying he was going anyway, with or without him to finally bring him around to the idea and coax him into just having a look. It was mostly out of curiosity and maybe a little schadenfreude that he showed up, though he skulked in a way only Rep could skulk behind Harrison.

"What the ******** kind of stupid s**t did you get into now?" he snapped.

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:37 am
Lost but not Forgotten

Melvin had thought Al was lost and while he hated to think it, has decided that he was dead. Dead because he had spent too long not admitting that about someone else that he didn't want to let dumb hope blind him to reality. He had gone to Noah, delivered the news and scarf, and was left hollow after knowing he hadn't been there for the young hunter.

To hear he was back was shocking and he had to pry open a book he had been determined to close, and it twisted what he thought was right as if throwing it back into his face.

But he was glad, surprised, and alarmed and rushed to the Infirmary to see if he wasn't texting a ghost.

Stepping in, he stood amazed and awe struck at seeing the hunter in bed. "Holy ********, you are alive." He said and moved in slowly before reaching over and giving Al a firm hug,

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:18 am
Red in a Sea of White

Al looked at Harrison and seemed uncertain at first. As if guaging if he was safe. Then suddenly smiled brightly and tried to shuffle in his bed and offer the casts at him impatiently, "Are you here to cut these off? They're really ******** itchy."

He noticed the soda in Harrison's possession and seemed to forget what he was doing to roll the side table over to Harrison, offering him the bowl of jello. "Or a trade?"

Then suddenly Rep snapped and he definitely looked familiar. Familiar in a good way. He looked even happier to see him. "Hey...," he didn't know why though. Just. It felt less alone and scary somehow.

"I fell," he repeated from twitter. "Melvin said he thought I died on some mission," he didn't remember much of it though. He touched his head which still had a bandage wrapped around it. There was a bit of dried blood that had seeped through. Touching it reminded him it was even there and he carefully unraveled it. "Do I look okay?" It had healed at least.  

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

Toshihiko Two

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:32 am
Red in a Sea of White

"Nope, not on duty," Harrison said, setting down the pack of sodas on Al's tray. "Came to visit. ...Don't itch them."

Harrison looked him over.

"Well, they didn't get your face. Don't touch that either- aw, s**t, come on," Harrison intervened, taking the bandage off of Al's hands. "Alright, hands down. You keep trying to pull at things they're going to strap you to the bed." He examined the wound skeptically. "I told you I wasn't on duty. ...But it's not bleeding."

He sighed.

"You know your name?"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:37 am
Lost But Not Forgotten

Al started to turn his head in the direction of Melvin when suddenly he was accosted by his embrace. He looked absolutely baffled by the attention and patted the blonde hair awkwardly. "Hello?"

"I died?"  

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:10 am
Red in a Sea of White

Rep had only just arrived and he was ready to turn around and walk away. There was something inherently infuriating to him about an Al who acted as if nothing had ever ******** happened. Part of him had hoped that it would be easy to relax and forget about everything, but it wasn't. He'd grieved and now he was just ******** irritated and didn't know why he was there.

"Well good thing you are back I guess." he said, and it didn't really sound like he meant it. Of course Melvin would have gone getting involved with dangerous missions though. "Well you look like you are mending anyway." he said with a shrug.

He turned his back. "Can we go?" he asked Harrison. "He's alive. Good for him."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:52 am
Red in a Sea of White

He held perfectly still for Harrison to check him over and immediately behaved himself after. "Thank you," he answered a lot more calmly. Much of his excitement really just that so many people seemed to care and really... He was sick of laying down at this point. He felt anxious and did still fidget a little, but directed it more on just fiddling with a bit of his bedsheets. "Corbin," he answered.

He looked at Rep again. "I missed you a lot," he directed at his back. He did not remember exact details, but feelings in general were strong.  

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

Toshihiko Two

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:02 pm
Red in a Sea of White

This was, Harrison guessed, technically correct. At least Al had settled a little. Sort of. "You know what today is? Annnnd, you know where you're at?"

He gave Rep a look.

"What do you want to go for? We just got here. He's ********..." He gestured, "dealing with some kinda head injury. And he always come by when you got put in here."

Or in a pod.

Or in exile.

Or wherever Rep was often getting put.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:06 pm

Red in a Sea of White

Rep gave Harrison as stiff-postured and sidelong look. "I don't care. He's not my problem. Someone call Noah. I want to leave, I've stopped by, I've paid whatever dues I owe."

He didn't even look around at Al. "I didn't miss him when he ******** off and I don't care about him now he's done some stupid s**t." he said to Harrison instead.

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:41 pm
Red in a Sea of White

"No and not really," he started to sound slightly distressed as the pitch of his voice rose. He was still staring at Rep's back. He tried to move again, dragging his legs little by little towards the edge of his bed.

"Why won't you look at me?" The tone shook with worry now. "I don't. I don't remember leaving. I don't... Why would I?" He sounded increasingly worried the more he spoke. "Was it my choice?" He looked at Harrison desperately. He didn't remember how he even got here. He didn't think he would leave someone he missed this much. It hurt. The blurted out name just seemed to confuse him more, "who's that?" The words were hurriedly squeaked out. His breathing became rather rapid.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:09 pm
Lost but not Forgotten

Releasing but still keeping Al in arm's length, he kept looking wide-eyed at him.

"I thought you were! You fell so far down during the mission. We kept calling and we tried but we couldn't even get into the gorge. I had to tell poor Noah the news."

He touched his head as further confirmation he was real. "I can't believe you came back."

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:46 am
Lost but not Forgotten

Al flinched at the touch to his head with a light hiss. He immediately relaxed again even if the touch continued. He looked at Melvin. Considered him with mild uncertainty.

There were feelings but nothing too extreme. He felt sad, mostly, not angry.

"I came back?" He asked quietly. "So this is where I came from? Are you sure?"  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff