Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[Training] Of Stones in Looking-Glass Houses (9+1)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 12:26 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Life Hunter
BATTLE ARENA

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

General Information
The portal opens up into an observation room, and down the stairs, an odd chamber for something like hunter training. At the center of a piranha-filled pool stands a solid stone table and several chairs. The Life Arena was built underneath the demolitions and ballistics testing areas, and the chamber rumbles with the occasional explosions above. Pinpoint red lasers sweep across the room regularly, as if hidden snipers are searching for a nice target. In the center of the table sits a wooden tower, made up of smaller wooden blocks. Yes. That's right. The Life Hunters prefer to train via Jenga.

Group Play
Playing in a group on any course means certain things can be shifted to make it a better experience for multiple people without holding anyone back.
An approved group play alteration for the life arena goes as follows:
When someone knocks the tower down, they are shot with a weaker dart. They will wake up 5 minutes later, the game can be reset back to the point before it fell by placing their hands on the table and saying the word, constructum. This allows them to start again where they left off instead of the beginning. They can take up to three of these darts before passing out for an hour, the game will not reset for them and they will need to try again from the beginning.

Mechanics
    - by carefully removing pieces of the tower, you earn points and advance to the next round. As the rounds continue, the odds grow steadily against you. Rolling a 1 at any point means you have knocked down the tower. Please do enjoy your mystery dart. Anything after reaching 50 points is purely for peen.

- you may roll pieces individually (suggested for group play) or in batches of 5 (basically, a full round.)

• Round 1

Pieces: 5
    Points per piece: 1
    Trainee Roll: 1d10
    Life Trainee Roll: 1d12
    Hunter Roll: 1d12
    Life Hunter Roll: 1d20

• Round 2

Points per piece: 3
    Trainee Roll: 1d8
    Life Trainee Roll: 1d10
    Hunter Roll: 1d10
    Life Hunter Roll: 1d12

• Round 3

Points per piece: 4
    Trainee Roll: 1d6
    Life Trainee Roll: 1d8
    Hunter Roll: 1d8
    Life Hunter Roll: 1d10

• Round 4

Points per piece: 10
    Trainee Roll: 1d4
    Life Trainee Roll: 1d6
    Hunter Roll: 1d6
    Life Hunter Roll: 1d8

Bonus Mechanics
  • Life Hunters train for precise hand eye coordination and exceptional judgement, thus they have a slightly lower chance of knocking down the tower.

[quote="Status"]
[size=14][color=#00BFFF][b]Round: (current round number)[/b][/color][/size]

[b]Pieces Taken:[/b]
[b]Total Points:[/b]

[/quote]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:49 pm
A long look of scrutiny was given to the location in which Mimsy now stood, then more briefly towards the woman who brought her here.

"You have only coaxed me to accompany you with the hope that my expertise will make this endeavor a simpler one for yourself," she suggested, arms folded as she peered down at her. Between the two of them, she was still the one who appeared infinitely more maternal - the piercing stare of a temporarily withheld judgment, a straight and steady posture, lips pressed thin as Caroline utterly failed at seeming like anything other than a child who had just been caught stealing cookies meant for someone else.  

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:50 pm
"What? No." Caroline laughed at the implication, but only half meant it, because now that she thought about it, that did sound pretty appealing. "Well, okay, it's not--I'm not turning that down or anything. Probably will make it...listen, you were just...you know, getting really into the whole Wonderland mindset there, like really in there, so I thought playing a different game..."

Not even the truth sounded very believable when she couldn't put her words together around her.

"Just want to talk. About you and Wonderland. And if it all falls apart, we'll put it back together and start over again, yeah?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:21 pm
That made sense, in the sense that it was vague enough to not really make sense, and nonsense was what Mimsy was best at making sense of. She tilted her head and studied her mother's face, watching for any reaction.

"You are aware that tranquilizers are utilized in this training course, correct? You are aware that if you fail, you will be unconscious for a period of minutes to potential hours?"

"Yes." Nope. "Yes, I knew that." Didn't know that at all.

Of course, Mimsy couldn't read that she was lying, despite her deliberate efforts. Even if Caroline had not answered with ease and confidence, she always fell short of noticing subtle hints of emotion, and lacked any knowledge of her 'tells' that might give her enough data and associations to pretend otherwise. Caroline might have felt guilty for the little white lie if she were not so certain that it was for Mimsy's own good to be here, grounded in reality; a 'no' might have made her leave.

"Then you trust me - willingly opt to trust me," Mimsy corrected, accounting for her rescue from Delta, "near you while you are unconscious?"

"Yeah. Of course I do." Neither of them knew if this was a lie. Neither pushed to look beyond the surface. "You...so you trust me with you?"

Mimsy hesitated. Caroline's answer had come much faster.

"I trust that I will be safe."

Caroline nodded once, and again, and kept nodding as though it might make her accept it as truth in spite of how much the pause and the wording kind of hurt right now. She didn't immediately reply, knowing that the strain of her voice would give her away, and moved to sit at the table instead.

"We can talk," Mimsy softly quoted, joining her at the table, "when there’s anybody worth talking to. But it isn't manners for me to begin, you know."  

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:35 pm
Then it clicked. Everything clicked into place with this one perfect shared connection, everything balanced and right where it should be. It clicked and Caroline didn't want to ******** it up by uttering words that might not leave them on this same perfect page, nor by taking pieces out of that perfect tower, because everything wouldn't be balanced then. Not like this. Maybe not ever again.  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games