[PRP] Crystal Crafts (Nucleo/Xavier)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:33 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

When: After returning to Busthind following Bloodfest, Nucleo inquires about a present for Amonee. Xavier seems to have an idea in mind.

Where: Busthind Mountains inside a natural accuring crystal mine.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:46 pm
Late one night at The Nightly Grind, Xavier had a conversation with Nucleo about an idea he'd had in mind for seemingly some time now. Xavier had recently began making jewelry. Carving gems had required he buy a set of carving tools that were diamond plated. His grinder too was added to a small section in his hive to further his craft. Several sleepless mornings and nights had been spent learning how to shape,and craft pieces. His favorite kind to make involved crystals, be they with wire holding or shaping the materials into designs.

Walking along the path that lead to the mines, Xavier turned to the older boy as he smiled. Keeping in mind the design Nucleo had, Xavier knew he'd have his work cut out for him.The freckled trolls smile had revealed a matching set of fanged eye teeth poking over his bottom lip. "I know you mentioned you wanted to shape the necklace like his symbol..but do yuh have a color in mind?" Xavier asked his friend, gently nudging him softly to indicate which way they'd be going.

Pointing a gloved finger, he ducked inside the entrance, having brought along a lantern and a tool to cut free a decent sized cluster to work with. That is of course meant finding something both thought was suitable. Xavier already had the mindset it had to be perfect; it helped two wonderful friends in the long run.

He'd been inspired to work more on the craft. Especially after attending several craft booths during Bloodfest, and had a prime selection of resources to use from the gem mine he'd shown Amonee some time ago when the pair had first met. The location wasn't far from his hive, and a short trek up north into a mountain pass above the forest tree line. It was nestled inside Bushind, and ran deep under ground if one were to travel far back enough. Xavier did not hesitant in guiding the pair inside. He had come here with his lusus Anu many times. While she was not with him now, she had let him go on the condition he was accompanied by his older friend.

Some of the crystals he'd seen were simply extraordinary. The sheer volume of some of the crystals was immense, the chambering holding them were even as large as 5 feet in diameter, and 50 feet long, to those that were barely a few inches long. The columnar pillars are the most striking in size and shape, and seem to go on endlessly. Shimmering lights danced off the illumination of the lantern. Once they reached the center chamber, it had become quite the light spectacle. Some of the larger crystals form teeth, while others disperse at odd angles. Some of the crystals were even attached to the ceiling walls and floors of the caves as might be expected. Some of the great masses seem to float in air, as if defying gravity as they surely weighed several tons. The clusters came in an array of shapes and sizes, and ranged from limestone to all kinds of natural raw gems. Xavier hardly ever shared this little location with other trolls as it was technically a part of his lawnring. However, Nucleo much like Amonee had long ago earned his trust.

"What's the occasion by the way if yuh don't mind me asking?" Xavier peered at Nucleo curiously as they wandered through the crystal caverns. The younger was all too happy to put his crafting skills to good use, but he found himself curious to know more about the others reasoning.

Regardless, if it was a nice necklace his fellow greenblood wanted made, the jadeblood could certainly make that happen. First they had to find an suitable candidate before anything else.  

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

Doutei

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:02 pm
"This place is gorgeous." It took his breath away. Stunning crystals lined the walls, stretching and contorting into a jungle of rock. He'd never seen anything like it before. When Xavier had mentioned the place, Nucleo couldn't imagine something even half as beautiful as this. It was exactly the kind of place an explorer dreamed of finding.

"I was thinking jade originally but..." He looked around to finish that point. There were so many colors here that he couldn't decide! It would be hard to narrow it down and probably even harder to break one off when the time came. Nucleo had no idea what went into jewelry but was curious to see Xavier's process. The boy was a very hard worker whenever he came by to help at the cafe, it would be cool to see him work on his own project for a change! It made Nucleo happy to get to see his friend's interests up close.

"Well, I... Amonee's done a lot for me so I wanted to give him something back. And I know he likes these kinds of things." Nucleo replied, after thinking for a moment over Xavier's question. Not only was Amonee in general a great friend, he'd even helped cover his booth at Bloodfest! Not many trolls would feel up to the task with basically no preparation or training on the machine like that. He needed to do something to express his gratitude.

"He's really nice and... I think he'd look pretty in some crystals, don't you think?" The greenblood continued with a smile. Amonee was very pretty, there was no denying it. He was still a boy, that was made clear, but his looks had an androgynous feel to them that he liked to dress up.

"Actually, you'd look good in them too!" Nucleo grinned, reaching over to stop Xavier next to a nice deep crimson crystal. He admired the view.

leon_a_darkangel

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:13 am
Xavier peered back at Nucleo as he spoke, commenting on the cavern's appearance. "I like coming here...it's nice to sit and daydream." He admitted truthfully with a sheepish smile. For what it was worth, seeing a look of awe on the other greenblood's face was a refreshing change of pace.

Pursing his lips he considered a jade color as well, before shaking his head. Xavier made a habit of trying to know what Amonee liked and didn't. Pink was not a secret favorite color of the other pretty boy. "Well. What about pink?" He suggested thoughtfully. "Something like rose quartz? It's a very floral clear color..I think I know where some is." He scrunched up his brow as if trying to remember something important. Rose quartz also had significant properties behind them of mostly positive and good feels. That seemed like exactly what would convey a feeling like the one Nucleo was describing he felt.

"I think so, and it's really nice of you to want to make him something so personal." Xavier felt a flush of pride he got to be the one who tried to craft the piece for the other to give as a gift. It made it special in a way. "You must like him huh?" He asked with a bemused expression, smiling then as he gently teased his friend.

Distracted suddenly by his last remark the other troll looked surprised. Covering his mouth with a gloved hand, he suppressed a laughter as Nucleo told him he'd look pretty in crystals. "I dunno, I don't think I'd pull them off as nicely as Amonee would!" He admitted sheepishly, rubbing his neck as he glanced at the crimson colored crystal. Xavier hardly remembered to brush his hair, let alone dress up nicely. Although the jadeblood appreciated the gesture. His fingers touched a portion of what he thought might be a ruby of some kind. "Thank yuh? Maybe you're right I dunno." He looked at the other with a considering raise of his brow before wandering past him down a right passageway, towards another chamber as if he could navigate the place based on colored crystals alone.

Admiring the cavern around them, and namely his friends reaction Xavier couldn't help but smile wide. He waited for the others input. If Nucleo prefered the red, he could always work with that instead. He'd never invited someone to watch him work before, but Xavier didn't feel nervous. If anything the independent troll was determined to make something of himself through his work. The fact it benefited trolls he cared for only made him excited, and just that much more animated.

Doutei

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

Doutei

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 12:45 am
"I don't know what that is but I'm open!" Nucleo smiled as Xavier suggested rose quartz. He didn't have much experience with crystals and jewelry so he was counting on his friend to help him pick something not offensive. Xavier was a very level headed and trustworthy troll so far. Nucleo flushed slightly at remembering that night he'd spent at the jadeblood's booth during Bloodfest. He'd definitely proven himself a friend.

"Of course! He's so great!" Nucleo nodded looking happy as Xavier mentioned liking Amonee. It wasn't clear if he was purposefully misunderstanding or honestly not thinking about the real question Xavier was prodding at. But they were moving on to a beautiful patch of rubies and Nucleo stared at the color. He hadn't regarded Xavier as beautiful before, more of a shy looker but standing in front of such a rich color, it finally struck him. He stood there in thought while Xavier smiled politely and continued down the cave path.

"Ah! Wait for me!" Nucleo yelped and hurriedly tried to break off a piece of the ruby. It was harder than he thought and so he left behind a clone to deal with it while he followed his friend.

"Say, have you made anything for yourself that I can see?" Nucleo looked Xavier up and down curiously when he caught up to him. It wasn't that Nucleo didn't trust Xavier's craftsmanship ability but just that he wanted to see any pretties the boy might have already made.

leon_a_darkangel
sorry for the late!

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 3:48 am
Xavier gave the other a sort of wide, almost silly grin at the others not knowing what kind of stone he was talking about. A bemused look followed as he shook his head. "Trust me! I'm pretty sure this will work." Xavier responded, an earnest tone to his voice.

"Hmm.." Xavier's brows furrowed, not certain that was exactly what he was getting at. However, he didn't bother to fuss Nucleo for further information. "He is Yuh. Aw! It's okay. I'll wait right here. Don't worry." He decided to settle and let the matter go. Nucleo wasn't wrong after all. Still, his response was not what Xavier was expecting to hear. Granted they both were distracted. Maybe he'd poke him about the subject at a later point.

Pausing before he got too far away, the jadeblood boy looked back to see Nucleo hurriedly rushing towards him. It wasn't like the other had to tell him to wait, Xavier had no intentions of letting Nucleo get lost inside the various cambers. Still, he was unaware the other was trying to collect one of the rubies (he would have helped after all). The four horned troll tilted his head at the other as he questioned him. For a brief moment he wondered why exactly he was asking if he had any pieces crafted. Instead of dwelling, he bobbed his head in confirmation. "Sure do, I made a bracelet out of amethyst recently! Dunno if I'm keeping it yet, but I'll show you after this. It's in my workshop." He replied shyly, his boot gently toeing at the cave floor.

Xavier then crouched down, carefully tapping his index finger against the clear pinkish crystal, before looking up at Nucleo. "What do yuh think?" He asked, resting his elbow on a bent knee as he placed his chin against his gloved palm. All the while, he examined the crystal cluster, then his friend occasionally.

Doutei
no worries!

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

Doutei

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:05 am
"Then we're going to your workshop right after this!" Nucleo laughed. He wanted to see Xavier's work! He was sure the bracelet he'd made was beautiful! If it was made from these crystals there wasn't a way you could go wrong!

"That's perfect." Eyes shined at the reveal of the rose quartz. It was amazing how Xavier had known exactly what was needed for their gift to Amonee. The greenblood stepped closer to examine it and was dazzled. He hadn't known something like this even existed. For all the adventuring he'd done, there was still so much more out there to see! What other little treasure troves of visions did these two jadebloods have? He'd better start hunting for cool places to show them in return!

It was invigorating to stand here and feel his chest fill with dreams again.

"Let's use it." The boy smiled. He'd been feeling down ever since Bloodfest and his talk with Elidae but now... things were looking up! It was funny to find the air finally light so deep in a cave.

leon_a_darkangel
Sorta short, sorry! But I figure they can timeskip to Xavier's workshop now in your post and didn't want to intrude on the description of it!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:06 pm
Xavier looked at him consideringly as he agreed to lead him to his workshop. While the younger troll was quiet for a long moment, he listened as the other gave a resounding line of agreement he thought the pick was perfect. Xavier's cheeks flushed against his freckles. "I was hoping you'd think so. Amonee likes pink..this was the first thing that came to mind. I read a wigglers book to crystals that said something about them containing energy of compassion, peace, tenderness, healing, nourishment and namely comfort. So why not!" He explained with a little click of his tongue in a sort of bemused, it was nothing really tone of voice.

Once he collected what was needed, he picked up his lantern again, seeing the way the other troll seemed to stand up a little straighter and smile more made Xavier smile in return. He'd seemed tense when he first began the journey to his mines with him. "Nucleo, how is everything by the way? Did you get that thing worked out? I remember yuh were having trouble with another troll..I hope you are okay?" He asked genuinely, a finger lightly prodding at the other boys arm. Xavier then gently nudging him in the direction of the way they'd come so they could exit. Walking and talking had always been one of his favorite pass times. Hopefully Nucleo would be willing to at least give him some kind of insight.

The walk from his mine, to the lawnring that accompanied the massive tree-hive wasn't a far distance. Leaning the other to a small wooden plank, he coaxed him to step up on it. Grabbing a rope, Xavier began pulling as a wheel began to pull them upwards. It was large enough to accommodate lusus and troll alike. He was careful with the pulley system, generating enough give the mechanism life. Ascending to the top deck level of his hive, Xavier moved across his spacious balcony to a small shop right off the main living room block.

Inside was a work space with countless tools, and magnifying glasses. Ways to tumble stones, cut, shape and polish stones were neatly arranged systematically. A chair where he sat to work on his craft was neatly tucked into his desk. He had a few pieces he seemed to be fiddling with, mixing and matching different crystals to try and make a multi-colored rainbow array of rounded polished circular stones intended to be a braclet.

Grabbing it, and the one he'd told Nucleo about inside he slipped him it. "Those are two of my more recent pieces by the way. I can do necklaces too, the others are just easier to get done quicker." He commented sheepishly peering at him, curious what the other thought. Even as they spoke, he was already getting to work, multi tasking by entertaining his guest.

"Anything in the hive is free game if you get hungry, or anything." Xavier added, peering over his shoulder at the other as he sat down, still listening to him even if he was distracted by the work in front of him.

Doutei
no worries! hope this is ok/works.

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

Doutei

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:44 pm
"Ah, that's..." Nucleo rubbed his neck awkwardly as Xavier mentioned his trouble with another troll. The greenblood wasn't really sure where they stood with each other right now. The emotions on his face flickered from uncertainty to a regretful smile. He didn't want to dampen the mood by discussing his doubts about how the situation had gone so he plastered a cheerful enough seeming smile.

"It'll work out eventually." Hopefully these words would be true. Nucleo wanted to be positive about it and try to fix things one night. All he knew was that he should give her a little time to work things out with Kursha first. It seemed like they hadn't talked about things yet. It was up to Elidae right now to sort out what she felt. He would be here waiting if she decided she wanted anything.

"I want to see your workshop!" The barista changed the subject as they walked home. He was eager to see how Xavier would be able to cut the rock into such a pristine design. Nucleo considered his kitchen his own workshop and it was a special place to him. Whatever Xavier had rigged up at home would be similarly important to him- which made it important to Nucleo! They made their way back with comfortable ease, adventuring through the mountain.

"Wow those are amazing!" His eyes lit up at the sight of his friend's previous work. They looked delicate and beautiful, light reflecting off the pieces in an unpredictable pattern. He could just imagine Amonee in them now, he'd look very pretty in them. Xavier would too, Nucleo realized. Smiling at the mental images, he didn't realize he was spacing out until Xavier commented that he could help himself to the food.

"I'll whip you up a snack." The greenblood grabbed his arm in a dramatic 'rely on me' pose and headed off to the kitchen to see what Xavier had. It was stocked with a good array of basic ingredients. Getting straight to it, he sliced some bread and prepared a basic bruschetta. When it was done, he returned to Xavier's work station and took a seat to watch, leaving the tray of snacks and two cups of water to the side. They were in for a long night and he didn't want to miss any more of it. The jadeblood worked in complete concentration and it was fascinating to watch him cut the stone with subtle movements. Of the two jadebloods he knew, Xavier was definitely the more shy and dependable one. He was glad to finally be spending time with him like this. In his element, the boy really came alive.

leon_a_darkangel
sorry for the lates!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:17 pm
Xavier went quiet as he regarded the way the older troll rubbed his neck, and seemed to avoid going in depth about what happened at Bloodfest. The light of the lanterns illumination had Xavier squinting up to the taller greenblood. He wondered when had Nucleo grown on him? In that moment, Xavier realized he could practically fit under his chin now. Only Xavier's horns gave the illusion he was taller than his given frame.

At the others flicker of emotion Xavier frowned slightly. “If yuh are sure..” His voice began with an uncertain look on his face. His hand came to rest on the other’s arm reassuringly. If Nucleo didn’t want to linger, it was not out of disinterest that Xavier let the matter go. He felt to shy on the matter to press him for more details. He was respectful of the others right to privacy, and did not know how to interject in a meaningful way to prod for more details. Xavier trusted Nucleo’s judgement, especially as he expressed it would work out eventually.

With the two of them walking side by side in the country hillside, Xavier relented in his wide smile. With the Barista changing subjects, the jadeblood was happy enough to follow suit. As they talked, Xavier would clumsily gravitate towards Nucleo, and bump into him. He would accidentally walk into him as he was distracted, before fumbling to resume walking straight again. “Of course! Right this way!” He’d told him before leading the other inside.

A proud flush dusted the jadeblood’s freckled cheeks at his comment. “I know a redblood who likes beads and jewelry crafting..met her during Bloodfest. I plan to talk to her more about opening a crafting venture with her as a way to maybe make enough to sell sometime, or make for other trolls on the side!” He looked thoughtful, watching as the other promised whip them up a snack. Xavier hadn’t thought to offer to make them something. “Thank y-you! You didn't have to..” Xavier mumbled softly. He had quickly relayed his gratitude just the same. In truth, Nucleo’s design request had the jadeblood distracted, eyes gleaming with excited joy as he tinkered with the precious stone. He began carefully etching the design before smoothing the rough edges.

While in the kitchen, Anu approached the greenblood and gently placed a claw against the top of his head in a greeting. Noticing he was making lunch she seemed to have an idea and moved across the kitchen and into a shelf that had been closed. Reaching in, she brought the boys a plate of cookies into the workshop shortly after Nucleo entered the second time. The tray grasped in her upper claws with a motherly expression on her face as if saying Here you go Dears.

Xavier looked up, as if he understood the soft clicking choo noise she’d made as he smiled. “Mum says hello by the way.” He explained nibbling at the sandwich the other had made as he scooted back from the start of the necklace to settle down beside Nucleo. “It’ll take most of the night and morning...but..” He trailed off touching the shaped leaf with the pink crystal. The flexible wires would help keep the shape, and wouldn't be noticeable with the right amount of spacing. The piece would be a tad bit heavy, but made with thoughts of love and friendship just the same. “I’m glad to work on it for both my friends. More so that we all got to meet.” He added, before the jadeblood looked at the other troll with a small nod of his head.

Xavier felt extremely fortunate to have met the trolls he had thus far in his life. He took a break long enough to eat with the other and sit beside him. "Besides the Cafe here in Busthind, have you thought about selling your brew blends to any of the city slicker trolls?" He inquired innocently, curious to see what the other had planned for the future.

Doutei
How times passes in such good company!

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

Doutei

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:08 am
"She sounds fun! You'll have to introduce me sometime!" Whoever this redblood was must've been a great person if she'd gotten Xavier's approval. The jadeblood did not put his trust out there lightly. If he was willing to do some sort of joint business, the girl was decent enough to warrant investing time and care into. Nucleo wanted to know the people in Xavier's life.

"Thank you!" Nucleo beamed when Anu brought in a try of cookies. She was adorable in the way her little claws balanced the tray and his biscuit warmed at the sight. Goatmom didn't have opposable thumbs and could only carry things he placed on her. There was something really nice in having a mom who surprised you like this. Xavier was a lucky guy. Not that Nucleo didn't appreciate everything his lusus did for him. She was just more of a tough love kinda mom.

"I'm happy I met you too." Giving the other a smile, Nucleo was frank and open about his affection for the other boy. He had no reason to be bashful, it was obvious they cared about each other. Amonee was a great influence in showering them with friendship. Nucleo hoped to be just as sweet to his friends in his own way. He watched as Xavier continued his work and found him furrowing his brow at all of the hard parts, mimicking his friend's expressions. Oops, he was getting a little too into this!

"I've considered it but don't know if I should try to keep them exclusive to my shop a bit longer or not." The boy admitted, answering the jewelcrafter when he joined him on the couch. Nucleo wasn't very experienced with these kinds of business choices and often wondered if he was making the right choice. He liked to pretend he was confident but really didn't know what he was doing. Perhaps Xavier would have some insight on this kind of thing, he was trying to start up his own shop too!

"What do you think I should do?"

leon_a_darkangel
more trust and bondingggg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:50 pm
Xavier smiled softly as he looked down. "Yuh...she and my tealblood friend I met in the Four Fronds! She's also really sweet, I think you two would get along." The freckled troll confessed with a thoughtful look on his face. "That one I met more recently...but she seems like she's got a good pump biscuit." Xavier mused as he rubbed his chin with a slight purse of his lip.

Anu made a gentle clicking sound as she nodded her head patiently to Nucleo when he beamed at her. Not a problem Sweet Boy, I'll be outside children. Xavier translated for the pair what the other was saying. As far as she was concerned the boys were content and she could tend to a few things outdoors while they spent their time together. The motherly lusus couldn’t help feel a sense of pride to hear her troll talking about the friends he had made.

Giving pause Xavier slowly nodded his head in agreement. He'd learned to be more open with his affection towards others largely due to Amonee's influence. The older boy was so forward and honest with his emotions. Perhaps sometimes too much, but he appreciated the other for everything that he provided. Both greenblood's had become integral parts of Xavier's life. "I think it was meant to be...at least I'd like to think so." He smiled, his legs lightly swaying back and forth as he concentrated on his work even as he spoke.

The jadeblood looked to the other, pursing his lips thoughtfully at Nucleo's wanting his opinion. "If you need beetles I would look into a vendor license. I think you have a wonderful product. It couldn't hurt to see if others like it. The mountain flavor is way different then city brews." Xavier complemented the other as he rubbed at his eyes a bit tiredly as he sighed. Coffee.That sounded nice.

"I think it's worth a shot." Xavier tapped a finger against the work bench thoughtfully.

"Honestly? I believe you could do a lot with it. If there is anything I can do to help..I will gladly." The jadeblood set down his tool to turn in his seat to look at Nucleo with an open honest expression. His independence had him looking assured, even if he really did not know what he was doing. Xavier believed in them, they could handle this.

Doutei
bondingggg ;u;/

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

Doutei

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:12 pm
"Alright, I'll look into a liscense!" Nucleo smiled at Xavier. It felt nice to be encouraged like this and if the jadeblood thought it might actually work- why not seriously consider it? Sure neither of them had much business experience yet but that wouldn't change until they started trying. He didn't think himself much of a risk taker but this was something he was passionate about. If he didn't take risks with this then... what would he?

"You've helped me so much already." The greenblood met the jade's gaze, his appreciation shining in his eyes. The support from Amonee and Xavier over the past sweep had been amazing. There was nothing more he could ask of them. He needed to start producing results to bring back and show them now!

"Even now, you're helping me!" Nucleo nodded to the crystal on Xavier's work station. It was beautiful and being carefully cut with precision and consideration. Etching both of their feelings into the stone, it was touching to see the bond between them become tangible. With a sleepy smile, he admired the necklace a minute longer before stretching.

"I'm pretty tired now so I'm gonna head to bed. You should turn in soon too, okay?" The greenblood yawned. Leaving Xavier to his own devices, Nucleo knew the boy would work through sunrise no matter what he said. His only regret was that he couldn't watch it with him. One day... another time, he supposed.

leon_a_darkangel
And finished! That was a cute RP! ; w;

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces