Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Archived
Down the Rabbit Hole: A basket contest! Congrats, Phail! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I love Strife ponies!
Of course! What kind of stupid poll topic is that???
81%
 81%  [ 52 ]
No, because I am a philistine.
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Gooooooooold
17%
 17%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 64

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:14 pm
Username: Kyrieko
Name of foal: Amareus (mashup of Amarantine and Orpheus)
Temper of foal: (I might leave this off unless I can think of something that sums up her personality well!)
Who do you start out with, Mom or Dad?: I'd love to have her start out with Amary but then seek out her father after plot potential things!
Tell us about yourself!
The one thing Amareus wishes the most for in this world is to be loved and accepted by her mother. She will do just about anything asked of her to gain it. Beauty in the eyes of others is important to Amarantine, and Amareus will view herself as ugly in comparison so that her mother may be the glorious flower of desire she is. Because that is what will make her mother happy and give her the approval she desperately wants. She will never speak ill of her mother, however, you will rarely find Amareus around her Amarantine by herself. For as much as she wants her mother to love and accept her, she doesn't feel comfortable around the mare. This will cause her to grow closer to her brother, Antian, who makes her feel as if she can actually breathe.

As a foal, Amareus will be an extremely anxious mare while she tries to determine where she fits in with her mothers plans. Trying to be accepted by her mother will eventually lead Amareus to believing she truly is an ugly mare and nothing more than a curse sent to haunt Amarantine. A belief that will only increase once things don't go quite how Amarantine had hoped with the family. The only thing that might keep her from completely becoming a broken spirited mare will be her brother. And, perhaps, with a lot of encouragement and convincing from the rest of the family, she may begin to see herself as something other than an ugly curse sent to the family.

Other: Just some plot ideas that came to mind! Also, thank you for the chance to join such a special family of yours! <3

- When talk reaches her about how the family may view Amarantine as an unfit mother, Amareus will be so torn in wanting to believe this and denying it to support her mother in the hope this will be viewed favorably. This will eventually drive the anxiety Amareus suffers to its breaking point and send her in search of her father. Surely he will know the truth about her mother?! And maybe give her the acceptance she is desperate for.

- Failing to find her father and other brother, Amareus will return to her mother and Antian, enduring any consequences that await her. Only to discover that things have... changed. Her mother is no longer her number one concern. And for once in her life, she doesn't feel like she's pathetic. (I'd love to have her be taken in by another family member or perhaps stick with her brother?)

- Now a mature adult, Amareus finds herself in the most stress inducing situations she's had to face yet: a stallion thinks she's pretty! And wants to court her. But she's not ready for it, thinking of how her mother would have reacted. Terrified, she flees the stallion to use her family as a shield against the outside world she's not prepared to handle yet.

- Word of her father's cursing will undo any mending she's managed to do since foalhood, making her believe she truly was a curse. Just not for her mother, exactly. But instead of running from the situation, having grown a little, she'll want to help in whatever way she can.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:59 am
Username: Valkymie
Name of foal: Justina
Temper of foal: Resentful
Who do you start out with, Mom or Dad?: Dad
Tell us about yourself!
Justina will never forgive her mother for abandoning her and her brother with their father. Especially not after seeing its effects on Orpheus. She has a hard time trusting others because of this, and avoids getting close to anyone, even family. This causes a distance between her others, with the only exceptions being her father and brother. She is devoted to them, and would be willing to do anything to protect them from harm or betrayal.

A bit bitter, she has a tough "shell" to crack, and is often brutally honest, especially when it comes to how she feels or what she thinks of others. But if one manages to earn her trust, she is beyond loyal, though she may still have trouble showing affection or tenderness. Her skin is just too thick.
Other:
I imagine that when her father disappears with Rime, she will be distraught, and unless stopped, may even try to go out and find him. When he does return, she will do her best to care for him, though it will be hard for her as she isn't exactly the nurturing type. Instead it will only build more resentment towards others, and a bitterness at the world in general. She may even end up hating any foals he brings back, since they would remind her of Rime.

Justina will absolutely not trust Raven at this point. Why should she? Orpheus's "mates" have failed them time and time again. She will openly speak out against Raven and their relationship, hoping that her father will see reason. But once he leaves with Raven, she'll end up resenting him too for a while.

When he comes back, cursed, it will devastate Justinia. Her resentment towards Orpheus will shift onto herself. She'll hate herself and feel guilty and responsible. That she could have done more to protect him or change his fate. She will wholeheartedly follow Hallows Bane on whatever journey, willing to risk her life to save her father.

When they do charm him, she will finally be relieved and at peace. Tired, but happy for once. At this point she'll probably be able to show some glimpses of affection. Though she will still have a hard time trusting others. So many have wronged her family.

Also to note, if she ever met her mother, she'd probably try to fight her /shrug  

elufae
Crew

Adventuring Hunter

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:22 am
Username: xX Green Tea Tree Xx
Name of foal: Althaia
Temper of foal: Hopeful
Tell us about yourself! From a young age, Althaia was a self-less, empathetic filly. When her brothers were hurt, she was there with them, trying to cheer them up and have them forget the pain of injury. When her relatives were sick, she was there by their side, trying to do all should could to help take care of them to the best ability that a filly could. She has never expected any of her efforts to be returned and is simply happy to be able to take care of those close to her.

Althaia has never faulted her father for his lack of availability and has only wished to understand him. With well-intended curiosities, she will approach Hallows Bane with many a question regarding the relationship Orpheus had with her mother and will try to see why her father is hurting so badly. While her family is fragmented, Althaia maintains hope that they will all be reunited and that her mother will truly be a part of her life one day, rather than a story from her father's cousin.

Even after Orpheus disappears with his new mate, Althaia will be patiently waiting for his return while in the care of Hallows Bane and his family and friends. I'd love for her to be close with the family she does have and have a deep relationship with her brothers if at all possible. Her empathetic nature makes her an easy target to take advantage of, so having her brothers' protection would be a lovely sibling relationship to me.

After Orpheus' cursing, Althaia will stand next to Hallows Bane through it all, trying to bring back the father she has always adored. She will do everything in her power to revert the curse, knowing that the stallion underneath the owl's pelt would have never truly wanted to be what he is.
Other: Thanks for the chance to enter for such a lovely basket! I wish you both luck in deciding who it goes too! yum_puddi  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:04 pm
Username: Kyribird
Name of foal: Guileona
Temper of foal: Bold
Who do you start out with, Mom or Dad?: Mom
Tell us about yourself!
Guileona (Named after Amary's father and her most favored brother, Leon) has no qualms telling someone exactly what she thinks of them, the situation, their cat, their hairdo or the weather. She's quick witted, and quick tempered, and has just the right amount of sass to make you wonder if she's kidding or not. (Spoiler: She's probably not). One has to learn how to stand up for themselves when their mother is as self-centered as Amary.

It's even more important to be able to speak up when there are over 20 members of her family always clamoring to say or do something. Especially when Guileona is quite aware of her role and why her mother kept her with her instead of abandoning her to her father and second sibling. Everyone has an opinion on her life - and, quite frankly, that can be confusing to a young girl.
Early on, Guileona will waffle between trying to understand her mother and just not caring. She'd rather focus on the people in her family that actually care about her, but, at the same time, Amary is her mother and if she abandons her, wouldn't she be just as bad? Family, after all, is family. Eventually, however, this just breaks down. Being used one too many times will cause her to snap and eventually move on - realizing that family can also be chosen and blood doesn't mean jack in the end. At that point, there is no true love lost between herself and her mother.
Other:
I think the family drama is enough to draw Amary's brother's lifemate, Gemma, into the mix. Family always meant a lot to her, being the product of a VERY in love couple, and being very in love herself. It's possible that she can take Guileona as her and Leon's own, being as they have never successfully had foals of their own.

This could have the potential for hilarity and drama in and of itself, forcing Zaphiro to have grandchildren tied to Guilian.

If that doesn't end up happening, I can see Guileona seeking out her father to see if anything is better over in that neck of the woods, trying to reach out to her other sibling and keep things in line. Everyone needs a lovable loudmouth, after all.  

Kyribird

Aged Codger

Ebonrune

Peculiar Human

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:11 pm
Username: Ebonrune
Name of foal: Letha
Temper of foal: Vengeful
Tell us about yourself! Going with Amary was a mistake Letha has come to deeply regret. Once she figured out what her use was to her mother, she was at first bitter and angry, and that anger has crystallized into something horrible. She is nothing but something to be used by her mother, so she will ruin Amary. She doesn't know how she's going to do it, she's only a filly after all, but she doesn't think about there having been any kind of option involved in the parent she'd chosen, only in that she will not be idly used. Her mother's family will know what kind of mother she is, and what kind of mare.
Other: It will not be easy to quench the fires of her anger, but she is young yet, and perhaps someone can teach her better. Her early life hasn't been in a very loving environment, but once she's around more than just Amary, maybe someone who has more foal-sense can take her far from her mother and show her what it means to truly be valued for who you are, rather than what your potential use is. (I am more than happy to work on details if this ends up being a real contender)  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:51 pm
Username: ABVirus
Name of foal: TBD
Temper of foal: bipolar
Tell us about yourself!
She would know the detachment and shallowness of their mother and be codependent on the father at a young age. Taking on his anxiety and good nature. His abandonment of her would leave long term trust issues that affect her into adulthood. Orpheus' return in a broken state being very difficult for her and would become myopically obsessed with her father and his recovery. As his bond with raven grows, she would start distrustful however by by the point of raven's death, seeing the light she brings her father, like her and they'd be close. The loss of her adopted mother would set off abandonment issues and affect her in a similar manner to Orpheus. Her fathers subsequent cursing she would take personally and lose all sense of self worth. Joining bane to look for her father with goal to save her father and would be easily tempted by Rime to become cursed along side her father.
RP example:

TBD: FATHER! Bane and I have been look everywhere for you! we want to help...
*Rime interrupts her*
Rime: "oh lost little girl- I know how you can help your father! Join us! we can put you to good use, can't we Orpheus? *turns to Orpheus* won't it, pet?
Orpheus: No!
Rime:*slits eyes* I am hungry- she does look a tasty thing...
Orpheus: his Voice goes dead reciting a rehearsed line and finishing with a sad attempt of a smile: "yes, you can help daughter, join us. I've missed you."
Rime: that's settled than?
TBD: it's not like i'm worth anything on my own. I just want to stay at your side father.

Other: I love to plot, especially dark paths. so to say I got active muses here is understatement.  

ABVirus

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:03 am
Username: SwordOfTheDarkOnes
Name of foal: Zahrah [Arabic for "blooming flower"]
Temper of foal: Concerned
Who do you start out with, Mom or Dad?: DAD SO GOING WITH DAD!!!!!!!!!
Tell us about yourself! I'm going to be there for my brother who's also going to be there with Dad. I won't let my Father go a day without knowing I love him and I'll do everything in my power to help my Uncle. I know this road is going to be tough, but I'm prepared for the drama. I'll most likely start out a tad flirty like my Mother, maybe mislead my Dad's hopes in how I would of turned out. I may very well be my Mother's Daughter. That will be something that I hope to come to terms with but I hope to be different from her. I am me. That's all I can be.

If at some point I run across my Mother, I'm sure there will be a strong inclination for hate. After all. She left us. She left Dad, broken...what else could I feel? Well...I could also pity her. I mean. She has no real value in herself if she keeps her methods up. Considering I'm still thinking about things even now I can't say for sure how I would truly react to her. I would want to hear if we had other siblings, I wouldn't be trusting of them at first. In my mind if they came from my Mother. They could be just like her.

But if they came from Dad? Well...I suppose it would depend on how we meet. If Dad brings them to us for safety reasons. I wouldn't mind being that dependable big sister! Though, I'm sure I would still need a few pushes to grow up. Throughout all of this, I would try to cling to my naivety. I wouldn't want to change to keep Dad comfortable with everything. I would strive to be his little girl, I don't want him to feel abandoned again. That's the last thing I want him to go through. So, I'll stay by my Uncle's [Hollows Bane] side helping in any way I can.

As for my own path of romance. I'm not sure. I would want to find a stallion who understood what I was going through. I might develop a small crush on my cousin I grow up with. Though, being family I probably wouldn't do anything like confessing. That would be weird...right? I...I won't dive too deep into that. Like most things in my life...I'll deal with it as it pops up. I hope at the end of all this. Dad knows one thing: I love him.

Other:
-Romance Plots: The heaviest thing would have to be a small crush I could see her developing on, Desiderius. Other than that, I'm open to talks.

-Family things: Perhaps she actually sees her Mother at some point? Maybe get to know the brother her Mother took with her? Again, Open to talks here.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:39 am
Username: Divena
Name of foal: Persephone
Temper of foal: Guarded
Tell us about yourself! Persephone, Persy for short, is a kind and caring filly. Family will be important to her, and she’ll be fiercely loyal. She’d give her love and affection to anyone she meets, most likely coming off as being a bit of a flirt or possibly as flighty as her mother. The truth is that she’s actually just a kind person who wants the people around her to be happy. She tries to find the good in everyone, often going so far as to ignore the bad. Most of her relationships outside her family will be shallow, however. While she is caring and giving, she is also very careful with her own heart. After seeing what her father has gone through after losing her mother, and everything he will suffer, she will grow more and more careful with who she gives her love to… if anyone. He will be her example of relationship values, and as such, she won’t really believe in true love. She WILL believe in family love, in friendship, and these are the kinds of affections she will give freely. Romantic love, however… well, that’s where she’ll be a challenge. In that one aspect of her life, she’ll be jaded.
Other: The family is beautiful and seems fascinating! Thank you for this opportunity!  

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:37 pm
Username: AstoriaFallen
Name of foal: Diantha
Temper of foal: High Strung (Though I'd like to leave the temper off her cert as her personality will change as she grows)
Who do you start out with, Mom or Dad?: Dad.
Tell us about yourself!
Foal: Diantha, called Dia only by her family and those that she allows, will be a very demanding foal. Tempestuous, Spirited and Ebullient she's going to be quite the handful for her father and brother in some aspects. Mainly when it comes to being idolized by others. She will blossom in any attention she's given and revel in any praises given to her. Overall she'll be as good a daughter as she can be and try to comfort their father the best she can. However, with their fathers emotions being rather closed off with their mothers abandoning them she'll start to change as she ages into someone a lot more self aware and sensitive. However, while she's young she'll be rather unreasonable if she's rejected by someone and think there is something wrong with her and it will eventually go to her head and she'll become extremely disturbed by this. When their father disappears as they grow older she'll think it is due in part to her not being good enough and she'll find attention wherever she can, even if it's not nice attention.
Adult: With their father no longer around and their being under the care of Hallows Bane she'll become resentful of their parents both being gone and blame it on something she did or didn't do. Likely it will be that she doesn't think she was a good enough daughter, even though her brother was left just the same as her. With that being said she'll search for attention anywhere she can get it, even if it's with someone who treats her horribly and puts her down. She'll feel as though it's a form of atonement for their parents leaving and accept it as it is.
(During that time I see her being knocked up by a kalona or someone with a temper of sorts and being saddled with the kids or them being taken from her. Not sure which yet)
When their father returns finally and she will be angry towards him at first and not care that he's been changed into a monster because to her he did the ultimate betrayal for leaving them like they did. However she'll eventually come around and help Hallows Bane in finding someone to charm their father.
When he comes back around to his old self she'll still be withdrawn and void of most emotions and still try to find attention and affections in anyway possible but hopefully with her father having emotions again he'll help guide her on a better path and see that it wasn't anything she ever did wrong and she'll slowly start to mend all the frayed strings of their past and start to accept him as their father once again.
Other: Thank you so much for this opportunity! All the plotting!! I have aim and skype! <3  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:38 pm
Username: Kaya Wolf Moon
Name of foal: Ahlai (Greek meaning, “one who pleads.”)
Temper of foal: Conflicted
Tell us about yourself! Ahlai has a deep seeded inferiority complex due mostly to her mother. She doesn’t quite understand what could drive a mare to do something so distasteful. Of course, the fact that her father’s family isn’t truly willing to talk about it doesn’t help matters. The only answer that Ahlai can come up with, given what little she knows, is that it must be something to do with her. Was she not satisfactory? Perhaps she wasn’t pretty enough? Maybe her known brother not worthy enough because she popped before him? No matter how she looks at it, or how she tries to think otherwise, Ahlai has that sneaking suspicion that her mother’s absence in hers, her father’s, and brother’s lives is all her fault.

As if that weren’t enough, Ahlai tends to find herself secretly envying her other unknown brother’s life. What must it be like to know one’s mother? Does he get showered with motherly kisses that make the all the dark and dreary times seem bright and shiny? Ahlai yearns so much for that sort of contact. Sure, she has affection from her father and Hallows Bane, but that isn’t the same. Ahlai is certain that-in terms of male and female affection- this other brother has had the best of both worlds. And she can’t help but resent him a little for it.

Ahlai’s inner turmoil always seems to reach its zenith at one particular point. As much as she feels equal parts betrayed and abandoned by her mother, she wishes desperately to have a relationship with her. She can seek her out and show her how pretty she has become. Or apologize profusely for the circumstances of her birth. Whatever it takes, Ahlai is bound and determined to learn about that part of her that she has never gotten to know. Her family might consider a fool’s errand, a sadistic streak that will only lead to further heartbreak. But Ahlai has to be certain. Certain that it WAS her that caused the rift in her family. That she WAS the reason for her mother leaving and her father becoming tainted and cursed. At least then she can start figuring out a way to make herself better, to improve herself enough to become acceptable. All for the sake of earning and regaining her parents’ love.
Other: While I’m not good with coming up with plots beforehand, there were a couple that instantly came to mind when I read over the family history.

Who Are We?- As a foal, Ahlai has so many questions about her mother. She doesn’t know how to broach the subject with her father, and it seems like other members of her family would rather not talk about it. Ahlai needs someone to talk to so she decides to share her thoughts and feelings with her brother. After all, she wasn’t the only sibling left behind by their mother.

Answers- Ahlai can’t stop from thinking about her mother and the family she has never known. Although conflicted over her feelings of abandonment, Ahlai still desires to have a connection with her mother. She decides that the only way to do that is to find her and confront her about it all. Who knows, maybe her mother will accept her and want the same thing…or maybe will wish she never gave her mother a single thought.

Where Are You?- Not long after her attempt(s) at interaction with her mother, Ahlai loses her father to Rime. Her sense of abandonment grows even stronger as she struggles with her father’s further absence in her life.

Alone- Ahlai is broken from her father’s sudden change in personality. She was just feeling comfortable with him again, but the spirits seem to have played a cruel trick on her. Distraught, uncertain of what to do, and suddenly distrusting of those closest to her, Ahlai runs away from her family only to end up lost in unfamiliar mountains. Here, where nobody can hear her calls for help, Ahlai feels more lost and alone than she has ever felt before.

Also, as a side note, the particular point about Ahlai being born before one of the boys can be changed around as desired. I simply put that down in order to get into her thought process a little. Thanks for the chance at joining such a lovely, and interesting, family! <3  

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

SaevusVeritas

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:22 pm
Username: SaevusVeritas
Name of foal: Avanius [ 'Avani' or 'Ari' for short. ]
Temper of foal: Torn
Who do you start out with, Mom or Dad?: Maybe start with Amary, growing up with the self-entitled mare for the first year, then go out seeking Orpheus as she hears what an issue he's having with Corpse Powder...OR start out with Orpheus, and get so conflicted and torn about her Father and his endless promises and 'I'm sorry's' and excuses, and go find her mother.
...Gotta think about this until I finish this entry tomorrow...Having Amari growing up with a conflicted parent, in an unstable family will greatly impact who she becomes as an adult; whether she's wary or trusting, light-hearted or at a state of constant emotional unease. Maybe seeing both Amary's and Orpheus' ways of parenting make her almost have a multiple-personality type thing going on? I want her to have her Father's willpower and strength, and her Mother's vanity. We'll see♥
Tell us about yourself! Work In Progress
Other: I'll finish this tomorrow; I'm legit falling asleep @ u @  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:32 am
Username: Teh Cheryl
Name of foal: Améthysta (derived from Greek "not intoxicated" and origin of amethyst), would likely go by Amé for short.
Temper of foal: Spiteful
Who do you start out with, Mom or Dad?: Dad.
Tell us about yourself!
Though she starts out with her father, as she grows, she quickly learns to resents her Father. She is young, but even she can see that her father had no business having children and though she shows him some affection (because he is, after all, still her father), she can not help but scorn him silently as he fumbles his way into attempting to be a parent. She watches him mourn her mother's absence and she can't help but find his weakness appalling. Why anguish over someone who obviously didn't want them? she thinks. Especially when there are those here that do? When he finally disappears, her resentment only grows for she feels that he willingly abandoned herself and her brother just as their mother did. She resolutely decides that she did not want him as a father anymore than he apparently did not want her as a daughter. As a result, she starts to view Hollows Bane as her father for he might as well be as he was the one who raised her and her brother. This progresses to the point where she refuses to call Orpheus her father at all. She will even go so far as to address Hollows Bane as "Father" regardless of Hollows Bane's feelings about the title.

When Orpheus stumbles back into her life and tries to curry her favor again, she spurns him. Calling him by his given name and addressing his cousin as "father" are only part of the weapons she uses in her arsenal to wound him. She wants to hurt him as much as his leaving had hurt her and though she doesn't draw blood, her words can be just as damaging. Perhaps, after coaxing from her brother and her adopted father, she starts to warm to him and is willing to allow him to try to work his way back into her life. Maybe she even starts to believe that he will stay around this time. When he leaves again, though, she starts to hate him all over again and starts to hate herself for ever having the hope that he could be a father.

When Hallows Bane's leaves to try to save Orpheus from the curse, Améthysta is conflicted. She cares not that Orpheus is cursed, but she has true affection for Hallows Bane. It will then be only for her adopted father's sake that she assists on what she feels is a worthless and thankless quest.

Other:
Améthysta would likely be closed to the brother she was raised with, though their interactions will be dependent on her brother's personality. I feel that she would be protective of her siblings but her bitter nature would cause her to sometimes be colder than she intended.

Regarding her other brother, Améthysta is cautiously curious. Unlike their mother, her second brother had no choice in leaving behind the rest of the family. However, still stinging from Orpheus' abandonment, she doesn't know if she wants to seek him out. If her second brother rejects her like her mother and father did, she doesn't know if she could handle it.

Regarding Amary, Améthysta wants nothing to do with her and by extension, Amary's family. She partially blames Amary's family for her mother's flighty and selfish nature, believing that had they raised her differently, Amary would not be as she is. While she flat-out refuses to meet her mother, she slowly learns to be cordial to Antony and Loveless, though she is suspicious of their affection and cautious to return her own. Perhaps as she grows older, she will let go of her resentment, but as a foal and young adult, she definitely holds strong onto her bitterness.

If she does every meet Amary face-to-face, she would do her best to wound the mare with her words as she always does. As Amary likely would not be regretful of any of her actions, it'd leave Améthysta angry at herself that she ever thought otherwise. (Because even if she never says it and tries to hide it, Améthysta desperately craves acknowledgement and affection from both her biological parents. She hides it poorly behind her cruel words but indifference is actually her greatest fear.)

Uhhhh. I could actually go on forever but we'll stop there for now lol.  

Teh Cheryl

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:10 am
Username: dawns_aura
Name of foal: Corsia
Temper of foal:  Jaded

Who do you start out with, Mom or Dad?: Perhaps Amarantine meant to do the right thing by her daughter by leaving her with the parent who might actually be a good parent, but something happened along the way and Corsia was lost in transit.

Tell us about yourself!
If Corsia was to be described by the nature she was born with, she would be described as gentle and compassionate. But alas, it was not meant to be. Not to say that the filly isn't either of those things. She is in fact very gentle and compassionate with a good heart, but circumstances caused her to be wary and to not let herself show those emotions, because it only leads to one being hurt. So to protect herself, Corsia is distant with a sharp mind and sharper tongue which she uses to keep others at bay, though those who are willing to stay and not be driven away, she allows glimpses of her real self to be seen...

From the time she was in her basket, Corsia heard many voices talking about her and on occasion to her, but not one really connected with her. She didn't have a mother or father who she bonded with. So perhaps it was a good thing that while on the way to leave her (basket or filly) with Orpheus something happens. Her basket gets misplaced or the filly gets seperated from Amarantine. She is then discovered by someone who shelters her for at least a little while, but something happens and she is left alone, again. But she is still hopeful and optimistic that perhaps things will turn out right, and she will find her family.

Throughout her foalhood the cycle will repeat several times as she seeks her family – whether that means Orpheus or Amarantine (or both) is to be determined later on. But with each failure and upset, Corsia grows a little less optimistic and a little bit more jaded. Perhaps it wasn't anything to do with her family. Perhaps it was her. Perhaps she was just never meant to know the love of family.

By the time she is a young mare, she is self-sufficient and proud, having given up on the childish dream of home and a family when, by some strange coincidence she comes across someone who looks enough like her that they might be family – the one thing she has always longed for, but had given up on actually finding. But it doesn't necessarily go as well as she might hope...

(from this point on, she will be tossed into the chaos and drama on her mom's side of the family. Obviously this is just a work in progress, and a lot would have to be discussed and details hammered out, and things would definitely b subject to change through rp and plotting but yea this is what I've got so far...)

Other: So her personality does contain a lot of plot/other sorry.
And thanks for the opportunity to join this interesting/colorful/amazing family.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:49 am
Username: Deejaye
Name of foal: Orantheus (Or' for short)
Temper of foal: Pariah
Tell us about yourself!
Amarantine ultimately takes on the girl, seeing her as an opportunity to garner favor from the more maternal instinct family members. Upon emerging from the basket, Or’ even appears to be the perfect daughter to Amary - quiet and a little skittish, so she’s sure to win the charms of all the family members!

Nervous around strangers, Or’ will initially find herself in an odd position when thrown into her extended family. It will take her time to grow comfortable - First praised and adored by her mother as a ‘perfect daughter,’ her mother’s praise may lift eyebrows of the family members, but her meek nature will get the positive attention of the family. She will be very much the opposite of Amarantine, however; Withdrawn and lacking confidence in herself, she’ll see herself as more as an ugly duckling that does just quite belong… However, she will start to grow close to her mother’s siblings and see them more as her caretakers than her mother. She’ll start to break out of her shell a little around her extended family. While still a little skittish, she is ultimately a sweetheart that wouldn’t harm a fly.

I feel if Amary sees it as her daughter trying to challenge her, she may act a little more cruel or..something? I don’t know how she’d act 100% but umm...whatever it’d be, I’d like Amary to maybe have a talk with Or’ and say like “Hey, you need to stop,” and have Amary keep a closer eye on Or’ to make sure she doesn’t try to um, usurp Amary or something? Something of that nature. Basically I just want Or’ to revert to her more quiet nature under her mother’s eyes. She’ll start to focus more on how her mother treats her differently from how other family members treat their children and compare her mother to that. While she won't understand as a filly what her mother is doing differently - or how she seems to be using her and her brother as accessories - she’ll start to find it oddly perturbing. Ultimately, around her mother, she'll feel as if she's unwanted and some mistake that caused more damage than mending. I would like her to become more and more obsessive about this, though, to the point of crazy paranoia. She'll start to believe her mother is plotting against her and her brother - regardless if she is or not, she'll be convinced so.

I’m unsure what her brother will be like, but I feel like Orantheus will always be close to her brother, as she seems them as a duo that was thrown into some mess out of their control. She'll confide her fears and paranoia regarding her mother to him, which regardless of what he says, she'll find it as his attempts to console her. As they get older, she'll go to him and tell him how she plans to leave the family; how she can't handle this anymore and needs to get away.

I’d like some event to happen to be the ‘final straw’ for Or’ - maybe she accidentally catches the attention of some male and despite not accepting any form of courtship from him, her mother catches wind of it, and sees it as her daughter becoming her rival? Quarrel between her and her mother could ensure and regardless if she got her brother’s blessing on leaving the family, her spite for her mother will continue to build more and more until she leaves the family 'to find herself' - she'll pursue her father's side of the family, where she will briefly reconnect with her father and other brother. She'll start to feel full again and enjoy her paternal family’s company, but then Orpheus takes off with Raven. Feeling as though the only parent she could have had a treasuring relationship was gone, Or' leaves her family behind completely before even learning about his return or his eventual cursed walker state.

Ultimately, she decides that ‘it's not worth having family.’ She would feel like an empty shell at this point. Broken and defeated, she would much rather start with a clean slate - to not remember any of the pain. Wandering from point to point like a lost soul, she'll seek something that will 'help her forget the pain.' Something will pique her interest: cursedwalkers. She'll start to learn more about walkers from curiosity. In her twisted viewpoint, she'll see them in a new light: as vagabonds who don't need to feel previous pain because they are stronger than that. Things that don't regret but instead continue to move on - focus on themselves rather than their family, which she finds to ultimately just be a letdown. Whether she would become one or not, I haven’t decided because I’m not too confident in my ability to portray evil characters, so I think if she did become one, I’d make some sort of plot/reason for her to get charmed. If she doesn’t, maybe one of her family members could help her out of her funk, or let her know that she is appreciated/loved by some? Or maybe she finds a charming pony that she could fall smitten with and slowly be persuaded into returning to her more gentle, sweet nature.

Other: Hopefully my entry didn't go too offtopic. Ahh. I love the stories for both families and would love to weave myself into both ;_; /smacked/
And I wanted to talk to Caj about the family and stuff to get clarification on how Amary might act or how her family is but wasn’t really able to, so if I said something that would be very OOC, I apologize ;_; and will definitely change it, if I were to get the basket.
Ultimately, I want Orantheus to have a tragic story that every time she gets a dabble of happiness, she gets knocked down further and further to her lowest point before at the end, getting her true happiness.

DeeJaye
Crew

O.G. Hunter

pippi18848

Sparkly Genius

12,615 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:27 am
Username: pippi18848
Name of foal: Kyveli
Temper of foal: I don't really put tempers on the certs anymore as tempers evolve/change over time. But if I HAVE to choose, I'd say secretive
Who do you start out with, Mom or Dad?: Her Mother
Tell us about yourself! Kyveli is a quiet foal, taking in everything that is around her. Because of this she is quick to pick up on subtle things, things that others would not realize was happening. She learned real quick, that her mother held no true love for her, that it was all just a facade. Yet, she still tried to at least prove somewhat useful to her mother. Not necessarily looking for her mother's praise, but rather to keep her mother from lashing out at her. Kyveli knew how vain her mother was and knew that her mother thought of her as a threat, and the last thing she wanted was to have her mother somehow get so mad as to butcher Kyveli's own beauty[not that this would actually happen but she felt it would].

She does get along well with her mother's family, enjoying most of their company. It was through whispers that she had learned of what had happened to her older siblings, and it made her distrust her mother more. Yet, she kept it to herself, never once confronting her mother about what had happened to her older siblings.

When she wasn't deep in thought about the kind of creature her mother was, she would be out enjoying the flowers and other beautiful things in nature. She loved to listen to the stories the family had collected over the years.

Kyveli though, had one secret that no one will ever know...and that is she had to make her mother pay for all the heartache and misery she had put everyone through. She just didn't know how...yet.

Possible Plots

Seeking out Father: Kyveli gets curious about who her father and her father's family is like, and she hears that she might have another sibling there as well. She begs someone to go with her, wanting to get to know who this father of hers is and this other sibling. Yet, when she finally finds her father, she sees the struggle he is going through. She will blame her mother on his pain, thinking that it is a huge part of it.

Competition for Mother: As a way to get back at her mother when she is a grown mare, she happens to notice that her mother has gotten herself a suitor, or at the very least a stallion that fancies her mother. Kyveli decides that she's going to take the stallion's attention away from her mother, and make her mother realize that she's not as beautiful as she thinks she is.

Other: Thank you for the chance to try! <3  
Archived

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces