Submit

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:03 am
It had been Zecora who had told Bastet she was pregnant when Bastet had come asking for some sort of herb to help with her nausea. Bastet had claimed that the sea-sickness had followed her off of the boat, and Zecora had known that that simply did not happen. At least Bastet had succeeded in having a mostly fun and relaxing trip, apart from getting captured.

Bastet didn't want to believe Zecora, she wasn't sure if she was capable of being motherly, she was more of a warrior type. How would children fit into the life she had now? However, her expanding figure could not be denied, and a little while later, a boy and a girl arrived. Bastet tried for a little while, but she was on her own in the jungle, and it was really too much for her. It was about time that she tracked down the father. Bastet remembered him, and in between her attempts to wrestle him, and his complete worship of her, some details had been exchanged. Nothing specific, but Bastet had an idea of where to look. She strapped the kids to her and made her way to the supposed location of Caine. Wouldn't he be surprised when she showed up on his doorstep with his strange looking children.

Bastet was at least thankful that none of them had claws. That would not have been fun.

Dementia Requiem Asumi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:38 am
User ImageCaine had been busy tending to a garden when he'd been told to take his shift on watch duty. He'd been trying to step up and take a more active role with it, mostly hoping that he might make a few friends. Real friends, not everyone in the village. No matter how awesome they all were, a lot of them still avoided him because he looked so weird, and didn't act much better.

As it was, Caine was covered in dirt and looking a little worn when he spotted a familiar figure off in the distance. He squeaked, eyes widening as he began to recognize it. That was... Was the lovely lady that had shown him exactly what a lady could do. He clicked his claws in glee, as he rushed out to meet the oddly burdened woman.

He blinked, getting closer and seeing the bundles on her back. What was that? Was it just what she needed to travel or was it something else? Caine squeaked, alarmed as one of the bundles made a noise, causing the other to make a similar noise. It wasn't an unfamiliar noise either, it sounded like little ones. The shetani's eyes widened in almost horror as the realization hit him. "Bastet?" He whispered, looking at her, all but frozen in place.

Wolfs Heart

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:06 pm
"Oh, just who I was looking for." Her voice sounded slightly amused, but she gave him a slightly uncomfortable smile. She could see the look on his face after the bundles started making noise. Bastet took a deep breath, she didn't know how smart this guy was, but he could probably do enough math to know what was going on here. So far, it didn't seem like he was taking the realization so well. Bastet wasn't sure what she really expected, tracking down the kids' father, but she had to do something before she lost her mind.

"Yes, Bastet." She responded, thinking he may have nearly forgotten about her. "Caine." Nope, she hadn't forgotten his name. This was such a strange situation to find herself in. Should she hand him a baby and run, or should they sit down and talk. She decided on the latter. "Is there somewhere we could talk?" She asked him. Although, here was probably as good a place as any. This was so uncomfortable, she honestly had never expected to see Caine again, maybe now she was cementing the fact that they would never see each other again.

Dementia Requiem Asumi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:24 pm
Caine squeaked, looking from her to the bundles, and then back to her. Surely he couldn't have helped make them. Could he? He squeaked, nodding to her request. "Y-yeah. Just a second." The thought of what possibly being a dad was rattling. Speaking of dads, Caine motioned to his own, wiggling his claws in a manner that they both understood. Their own wordless communication. He needed his position covered while Bastet confirmed what he was thinking. Seeing a nod, Caine turned his attention to the beauty before him.

"Do you want me to carry them?" He offered, certain she'd traveled a long way to find him. The least he could do was offer to carry everything for her. He'd been faced with the prospect of being a father once before, yet somehow this seemed far scarier.

Wolfs Heart

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:52 pm
"Uhm, sure." Bastet responded, aware of someone else being nearby, making this even more uncomfortable, it wasn't really a conversation you had in public. Bastet's eyes flicked around nervously as she undid the baby that was strapped to her chest.

As she passed her antenna'd daughter over to Caine her eyes settled on him, and she actually looked at him for the first time since they had been reunited. Seeing him, it was painfully obvious how much both of the children looked like him. Bastet had no doubts in her mind about who the father was, unless there was some part of the trip she didn't remember, but he wouldn't be able to have any doubts either when he looked at his daughter's face. "This is Iset, the girl." Bastet introduced him casually, it was clear in her voice that she was nervous.

Bastet adjusted her son's wrap, to make sure he was snug for the rest of their journey, but did not pass him even though Caine had offered to carry both of them. His hands would be plenty full with one, she felt.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:36 am
Caine cradled the offered child as if he'd done it hundreds of times before. It was almost a shock to see two bouncy little antenna sticking up, off her forehead. Almost. Caine had an idea he'd mess up anyone he might be able to help make. He looked up to Bastet, wonder on his face. There wasn't a doubt in his mind what had happened. But she'd wanted to talk alone.

"There's an empty building over this way" He nodded his head towards the indicated building. It wasn't unoccupied, it was the home he shared with family, but it was still empty and alone. "Iset's a pretty name. What's her brother's name?" He asked, trying to be as casual about it as she seemed to be. Maybe this wasn't a first for the lovely lady. His golden eyes dropped again, to the little one in his arms. Soon to be arm. He was silently glad he'd help with Walter when he'd come home too.

Caine couldn't help but smile at the little girl. She was adorable! She'd have the entire family wrapped around her little finger in no time. Or whatever she had for hands hiding under the blanket Bastet had wrapped her in so carefully. There was a lot of love put into this, and he'd be a complete fool to have missed it. She really did care for these two babies. "Sorry it's a little messy." He apologized, snapping out of the trans. He was a dad! Guardians help him, he was a dad! Caine beamed at the thought.

He gently shifted Iset's weight to one arm while his free claw worked the door. "I don't normally clean until after the gardening is done. I'm really sorry about the mess ^^; " He apologized again, holding the door open for the most lovely Bastet.

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:09 am
Bastet studied his face carefully as Caine looked at the child. She was feeling incredibly nervous, a feeling she wasn't used to. She was typically the brave warrior, but this was a whole different sort of thing. She relaxed a little, his expression seemed to be positive.

"Khonsu," she responded simply as she followed the male. It was strange to be approaching a village, it wasn't a sight that Bastet had seen in a long time, not since her old home. She wasn't allowed to enter the tree where Zecora lived. Or if she was allowed, they had decided against testing it out.

She entered the building, stepping delicately around the mess he had spoken about with all the poise of the feline she was. "This is your home?" She asked him casually. Even though she was mostly relaxed now, she was doing just about everything she could to avoid the awkward conversation that was up ahead. Even small talk, which wasn't normally her thing.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:11 pm
"Khonsu... You have a gift for names" He smiled, unable to think any name could fit their children any better than the ones she'd given them. It was still a lot to take in, he was having a hard time believing that the two of them could possibly have made children.

He looked up, seemingly snapping out of another trans. "Uh.. yes." He smiled again, this time looking at Bastet. "I share it with a brother and my dad, but it's a place to lay my head at night." He nodded, grateful that he had such a place. Surely, she had one as well. "You're welcome to it if you'd like to stay." He smiled again, waving a claw at the, honestly, clean-ish home. It was usually pretty well spotless, but the gardening wasn't done yet, so he hadn't gotten to cleaning.

"Are you hungry, thirsty? Tired? Is there anything I can do for you?" He squeaked, realizing they really were going to need to talk about something super serious.

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:13 pm
Bastet smiled a small, tired smile as he complemented her naming abilities. He was being awfully sweet. Bastet found a place to sit, and pulled Khonsu out of his wrap and into her arms. Though her smile turned uncomfortable as Caine offered to let her spend the night. He was being really, really nice, but Bastet just wasn't sure what she was doing. She barely knew the guy and he had fathered these children.

"Sure. Hungry. Thirsty. Both." Bastet responded. She didn't normally accept offers like that, she was clearly avoiding everything. She was done beating around the bush though. If she continued like this she really would end up staying. "I'm sure you've realized these are your kids." Bastet said formally. "I'm only here because..." Her voice became super quiet as she whispered the next part, "I can't do it on my own." It was painful to admit defeat like this. But she was a warrior, not a mother and she wasn't surrounded by her people, she didn't have people. Zecora was in no position to help her either. Maybe she could have done it if it had been one, but not two. Bastet looked down, staring intently into her son's eyes to avoid looking at Caine.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:42 pm
Caine nodded to her requests, putting a claw in the kitchen to get her a drink. His claw hovered by the various snacks they had on the counter, not sure what she would prefer. Winging it, he picked up some of the dried meat before realizing he only had one claw. At least the water was in a gourd for the moment, he could sling that over his elbow and carry everything that way.. Really, anything to avoid thinking about the conversation they were about to have. He still wanted a minute to process it all.

"Bastet..." He mumbled, sitting next to her, offering food and drink. "You're only a pae, it's hard to raise one baby. I've seen it done, but it's hard. Adding a second to it..." He trailed off a little, thinking about how his great grandparents seemed to handle everything so perfectly. It wasn't for lack of effort though, they had their problems with their kids all the time. "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you." He apologized, looking to the stressed mother to his side. "You're my hero, I'll do anything to make this up to you."

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:00 pm
Bastet shook her head, she hadn't been looking for an apology, he hadn't even known about them. If she had been able to handle it on her own he might not ecru have known. It wasn't a conversation that she imagined any pae would want to have.

She did quirk an eyebrow at him when he mentioned her being his hero. She thought that most of the things he had said that night were perhaps due to something being in their drinks. She hadn't really been acting herself, but it seemed that his part had been real. She was no hero, but it wasn't a debate she wanted to get into right now.

"You want to be a part of their lives?" Bastet asked, she really had no idea how else to ask this question. "You do not have to be." She didn't want him to do it because he felt obligated, she was feeling certain that he did want to be a part of their lives, but she wanted him to know he had a choice. Bastet valued that kind of freedom more than most.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:49 am
He walked back into view, offering the spoils of kitchen raiding to Bastet. "I couldn't imagine not being a part of their lives." He admitted, looking down to the little one she'd allowed him to hold. Iset. Caine looked back up to Bastet, unable to imagine just how much damage his own faulty self could have done to the children already. Maybe the babies were lucky and only had small differences? Maybe they weren't nearly as different as he was.

"Do you want me to be a part of their lives?" He asked, it was something he needed to know. If she did, he'd have quite a few things to do, more than a little to change. A brief thought to a change of housing, wondering how long it would take to build a house for the little family that was started by accident. Maybe they'd get lucky and be able to lead happy lives and raise happy children.

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:42 pm
Bastet hesitated for a moment, she really didn't know this guy very well which made it difficult to answer his question. Yes, she desperately needed help, but what if this male was a complete psychopath. It was an easy belief to hold when you looked at his outward appearance... And the state of his residence. At least he had a place to sleep, it was more than Bastet could say.

"I think it would be good for you to be in their lives," she said the words cautiously, as if weighing each one before she spoke. She could always change her mind if he turned out to be crazy, right? Bastet watched Caine, watching Iset. "She has the sight... I hope she knows a freedom that I do not." Bastet was forever bound to another pae, but she hoped that this wouldn't be the case for her three-eyed daughter. Bastet clutched the male to her before grabbing a snack to nibble on. "They are... Unique children."  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:09 am
Caine smiled at first, listening to everything she was saying. He knew she was thinking it over, he could hear the cautionary tone in her voice. Bits and pieces of what she said stuck with him. The sight, freedom not granted to her.. Finally, the uniqueness of the two of them. That caused him to wince. He had screwed up two perfectly innocent lives by helping to create them.

"I'm sorry.." His wings drooped a little, his entire posture changing from an entranced father to an apologetic child. He should have known better. No one wanted to be his friend, when things had gone.. Where they'd gone, he should have known he'd have screwed something up. "I'm sorry, I messed them up." He shook his head, scrunching his eyes closed. His family loved him, and that was what he could and would give to the babies he'd fathered. Unconditional love. It was all he could give. Right?

"You mentioned her having the sight?" He shook himself out of it. If she was letting him be a part of their lives, he had a lifetime to make it up to them. Now wasn't the time to get into it. "And freedom.. Are you trapped? Are you a captive?" Of course he was concerned for her! Guardians, if she was someones captive, something was terribly wrong. He couldn't let her keep going on like that!

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:56 am
Bastet shook her head again, noticing the change in his posture. "No, that's not what I meant." She said simply. It wasn't as if they had claws which were to her more off-putting than antennae and webbing. They were her children though, and of course she thought they were the most beautiful things on the island, they were just different. "I just meant I have not seen children like them before." Bastet said, retracing her words. She apparently needed to be careful with what she said, he had a soft spot.

"She can see into another world with her third eye, as I can." At least she assumed so, she didn't know anything about children that weren't pure rak. "In a sense I am trapped. I am bonded to another." It wasn't as if Zecora was the worst pae in the world to be bonded to, some pae might take more advantage of their position over her. It still wasn't something that Bastet liked though. It was something she was constantly reminded of it by the mark on her body, her life was not her own anymore.  
:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff