Submit

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:40 pm
He'd be lying if he said he wasn't disappointed. Of course he didn't want to get her in trouble, but it would've been nice to get the trading out of the way. Business was boring and Monroe was...hot. Fishy smelling, but hot. "Thats probably whats best. Hopefully Aulii will be here soon..." Make it quick, trade quickly and have time to enjoy the rest of the day before heading back. "So...I stick around after trading...and you'll come back? Deal."

George took that moment to tweet on his shoulder, tilting his head. "Even George looks forward to it."

Wolfs Heart

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:28 pm
"Deal!" Monroe agreed. She may have not traded any goods with the boy, but it seemed like they had struck a pretty solid deal after all. She smiled at the bird on Saber's shoulder. "I'm sure Pop Rock would have liked to get to know George better as well, but he know's he's in trouble." Though her cat was likely getting into trouble somewhere else now. The amount of trouble a cat could get into in a fishing village was infinite.

"I'll see you soon then." Monroe said as she started walking backwards. Finally, she turned around and ran off towards the water.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

About 15 minutes later, Aulii showed up at the trading cart. He had actually ran into Monroe in passing as she had been heading off towards the baths and she had given him a brief fill-in. The teenaged girl had been in an awful hurry to get clean, Aulii hardly noticed the fish smell anymore, having grown accustomed to it. "Hey there!" He called out to the grey pae as he approached the cart. "I ran into Monroe, and she mentioned there was someone here looking for a trade. Welcome to the village. What can I help you with?"

Seeing the young boy, he had to internally chuckle. Aulii now understood why Monroe had been in such a hurry. He could remember a time when he was young and in love.

Tartara Seabreeze

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:45 am
"You hear that loudmouth? The cat wants to be your friend." He laughed a bit while reaching up to pat the birds head. George instantly moved out of the way to flutter onto his other shoulder. Weird bird. Always want to be close but never touched. "See you soon!" He parroted back as she started walking away. The angel waved as she darted off.

"Now...I wonder what this Aulii pae looks like..." He mused out loud, his gaze lazily surveying the area. Any movement he lingered on in anticipation before moving on when it wasn't a pae.

As five minutes ticked by, he crouched down to open his pack. Might as well start to get ready by grabbing a few wares to showcase. By the time he had taken out a high quality hammer, a mid range saw and a low end pick to show variety, he heard a voice call out. Gray looked up and flashed a smile. "Hey! You must be Aulii." Without further hesitation he stood up and stuck out his hand. George, none too happy with the sudden movement, jumped off to land on the pack. "I'm Saber. Nice to meet you. I have a variety of tools you may be interested in." Particularly things like pressed metal with the saw were harder to come by. He wasn't sure exactly how his mom made the tools. Or where she got them. She'd go off for some time and come back days later with a pack full of stuff. He'd ask but...it was Pix. Getting Pix to answer anything directly was as impossible as asking rocks to play fetch.

Wolfs Heart

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:48 pm
"Nice to meet you too!" Aulii echoed, leaning to look at the tools that Aulii had showing. He picked them up one by one to inspect them. Some were better quality then others, but they were certainly things the village could make use of. Except the pick, Aulii wasn't sure if they'd have a use for that, but depending on what the boy wanted, he'd be willing to take it off his hands and try to trade it elsewhere today.

"I can make good use of these." Aulii agreed. "About how many more do you have? And what are you interested in getting in return?"

Tartara Seabreeze

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:14 pm
When his hand wasn't accepted for a shake, he awkwardly pulled it back to rub the back of his head. Maybe one of those pae who hates dirt? Seemed like an awful thing though for a fishing village. "Quite a bit. This is just a sample." He patted the large pack beside him. "I have the most of the small stuff. 7 hammers, 9 screwdrivers, 4 mallets, 4 saws, 2 picks and a couple of odds and ends like pliers, tweezers, and a wrench." All very carefully placed in the pack to fit everything.

"It's just my mom and I, so we need the kind of things that require a certain skill needed for day to day life. Nothing highly specialized. Ropes, flour, jars. Fishing line would come in handy and you probably have a ton of that. Cotton if you have any of that, our pillows are getting a little rough. And..." He took a deep breath. This was a pricey request. "...I know this is a stretch. But if you had any livestock. Like a goat or a chicken." To be able to have fresh milk or eggs... his mouth watered at the thought of it.

Wolfs Heart

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:03 am
Aulii's eyebrows raised at the amount of tools that the boy said he had. "You have a strong back on you, carrying all those here." He complimented him. He began to nod his head thoughtfully, trying to weigh the value of the trade. "Just your mom and you?" He questioned in surprise. Aulii had to wonder how they got their hands on such a surprlus of goods, but as someone who could pump out hand-crafted surfboards as if they were nothing, he could easily pin it on a magical gift.

"I'm afraid we won't have any extra livestock until the spring, we're still building our farm." Aulii responded sadly, he could tell how hopeful the boy had been about it, but there wasn't anything he could do about it until the babies were born. Aulii gave it some more thought, some of the things Saber mentioned were things this village produced, and others were things they had to trade for themselves.

"Excuse me for a second." Aulii said, disappearing into the hut the trade cart was in front of. When he returned he had a large glass jar of flour and a basket of cotton, those were from the villages stores, but Aulii was hoping he could trade back for them with some of the tools they didn't need. He set them on the ground and then rummaged around, adding to the pile a good length of rope that was bundled up. He moved to the front of the cart, paused to count the glass jars and then pulled out 3 small jars to add to the pile. A spool of fishing line, and he was now certain he had checked off everything on the boy's wishlist except the livestock.

"How does this look to you?" Aulii asked, motioning to the pile. "I'd like to take all those tools off your hand. If you can bring me another bag this size full of tools in the early spring, I'll get you a goat or a couple of chickens and a rooster...."

Tartara Seabreeze

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:12 pm
"Heh, yeah, just the two of us. I apparently have a sibling somewhere though." Didn't really know much more than that. Didn't really even know if that was accurate information or one of Pix's daydreams. It was a wonder how he managed to be a functional being with a mother like Pix.

His face fell when livestock was taken off the table. That was the highest priority on his list. But this was a fishing village, it wasn't that surprising.

"Alright." Aulii disappeared to possibly get the wares they'd trade with. Shortly his suspicion was confirmed as the small pile of requested items materialized. Considering the amount of tools he had compared to the pile however, he knew Aulii would be getting the better deal for all of his tools. But he also knew that a pack full of tools was more than worth a goat and a couple chickens with a rooster. So not a bridge he wanted to burn.

However, he wasn't going to be a pushover. He was young -very young- to be a trader, but he and his mom depended on these goods to live comfortably. This was all the tools he had, so these materials would have to tide them over until Pix could craft more. Gray took a deep breath. "How about that pile there, plus a large basket of your bigger fish. Half smoked, half salted and dried because fresh fish will spoil before I got home. In exchange for all my tools." A large basket of fish rationed out would supplement their meals for weeks. Plus it was a cheap export for Aulii since they had it in surplus.

Wolfs Heart

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:42 pm
Aulii gave the deal some more thought, his eyes going back to the boys pack of tools. His eyes grew wide as he realized that there was a lot more than what he had calculated for from the boy simply listing them off. Aulii was used to more cut and dry trades where everything was laid out. "Oh boy, Saber," Aulii felt so embarrassed. "I'm so sorry, you're more than welcome to a basket of fish and here..." Aulii disappeared into the hut and quickly returned with a basket full of a dozen eggs laying on a piece of cushiony fabric so that they wouldn't break. "These ones won't hatch, but they will be tasty." The basket of fish did make them about even, the eggs were more of a gesture of good faith.

"That sound better?" He said as he lifted a basket out of the back of the cart and filled it with an assortment of smoked and salted fish.

Tartara Seabreeze
Sorry Gray, Aulii wasn't trying to not shake your hand or give you a bad deal, Wolfie is just a dummy.

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:00 pm
Did he push too much? Curse his fate that he had to be the responsible one, when his mother should be the one doing trades! If they lived in a cushy village he wouldn't have to worry about any of this.

It was only a second, but felt like an eternity before Aulii reacted. He was sorry? He got the basket of fish?! The blond perked up as the adult moved back into the hut only to return a moment later. Eggs? He got a bonus of eggs? Relief flooded in a tidal wave and he let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. "Yes, yes. Yes." What a pay off! Maybe he wasn't such a bad trader? "That's perfect. We have a deal!" The angel stuck out his hand again in his excitement before instantly realizing the last time he tried to shake it hadn't gone well.

Wolfs Heart
LOL it happens. I don't exactly have a book showing what prices are for what

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:03 am
Aulii smiled, glad the boy was happy. The eggs might have been a bit excessive, but they had gone over well, which made it worth it. With continued good trade, perhaps he could convince the boy and his mother to move here. Their village could use more people and a metal worker would be bonus. It wasn't something Aulii was going to push today, but perhaps in the future he would bring it up. "You got yourself a deal then," Aulii said, shaking the boys hand. "You'll want to be careful with those eggs. Anything else I can help you with before I get going?" Aulii looked up at where the sun hung in the sky. He still had time, but he should get going soon.

Monroe's hair was still damp as she made her way back to the trading carts. She had no idea how long it actually took to trade so she had rushed through her bath as much as she could while making sure she got every last bit of fish odor off of her. As she approached she saw them shaking hands, it looked like they were done, maybe? "Hey! How'd things go?" She asked as she speedily walked the last little bit.

Tartara Seabreeze

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:41 am
Thankfully this time Aulii took his hand and shook it. "Nope, I can't think of anything. I'll be back though in a few months with more!" And for those chickens and goat. He quickly pulled out all of his tools for Aulii, and filled the pack with his new goods. The eggs placed with the cotton and up on very top to not be crushed.

Just as everything was placed inside, he heard a cheerful voice. "Monroe! It went good. I see us trading again." Which seeing pretty girls like Monroe again was an added bonus. He trotted over to meet her the rest of the way. "So, now that business is through, I get that tour right?" Wide grin.

Wolfs Heart

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:24 am
"Sounds great!" Aulii responded. With that, he began to look over his cart one last time before he headed out on his trip.

"Oh, that's good," She said with a happy grin. It was such a relief to finally have someone her age around, or at least occasionally around. She certainly looked forward to seeing him more. "You'll have to make sure you find me when you come back." She said as casually as she possibly could. "Yeah, I can do that tour." She said as she motioned him to follow her. "You can see right here is where we put our stores and load up our trade carts."

Monroe actually wasn't so certain if trade usually took place here, just because the carts were there. Was it ok for outsiders to know where they kept all their goods, it probably made theft easier. As far as she knew they hadn't had any problems with theft yet, and if there was they would probably put more security on that hut.

Monroe led him down the path a little towards the water where several huts lined. "Some pae live closer to the water, we're a pretty open village here. My dad is half naiad, and his girlfriend is a faun. My grandma is an angel, but she has an adopted faun daughter who lives in the tree, and she has an adopted daughter who lives here who is pretty unique too, she likes the water like a naiad, but isn't a naiad." He had asked her for a tour, not a family history, but Monroe's family was a pretty important part of the village. Monroe didn't even throw in that she was adopted or that her grandma was the village 'chief elder'.

Tartara Seabreeze

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:09 pm
"Thank you Aulii!" He gave a wave as the colorful male walked away.

Back to the cute demon. "Of course. You're much more interesting than the local fish." Oh yes, next time he came around he would of course take a look for the red head. He happily began walking next to Monroe, intently listening. "Half naiad...faun..." And she was full demon. Probably adopted. "Sounds like a very diverse family. Dinners must be crazy." What a different life they led.

Sure enough though, one of the 'family' members of his came tweeting after him. George didn't like to be alone. The bird swooped in to land on his shoulder. "So what do you do in your free time, when you're not sorting fish? Any friends...boyfriends...girlfriends..." Hey, he didn't judge. If anything his young hormones wouldn't mind that thought.

Wolfs Heart

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:22 pm
"That's why my grandma started a village here, she wanted someplace where we could all be safe together." Although it wasn't like they all got together very often, but they did all live in this village together. "It's not bad at all though," she said with a calm sort of smile on her face.

Monroe glanced up at the bird that landed on Saber's shoulder, tweeting around after him. Her cat usually followed her around in the same manner, she wouldn't be surprised if he was trailing after them, but he was kind of in hunting mode with the bird hanging out so close, Monroe was going to have to keep an eye out to make sure he didn't become dinner.

"A... Uh...? No... I don't really get out of the village much" Monroe blushed and sunk into herself a little bit. "I go swimming a lot, or curl up in the warm sand or just spend time with my family." It was a pretty simple life for her, she liked to take things slow after being so busy with chores.

Tartara Seabreeze

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:37 pm
His eyebrows raised at that new fact. "Your grandma started this village? Adopted a few kids and started a village. Busy lady." The angel laughed as he said that. He lifted a hand to pat George, but the bird quickly fluttered to his other shoulder. So close.

No boyfriend eh? A pretty lady like her, and no boyfriend. Today was his lucky day. "I like swimming. Sandcastles are fun. I'd agree with the family front too if my mother could stay on a topic longer than 30 seconds." His teal eyes flicked around at the village. "Seems like a nice place to live."

Wolfs Heart

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces