Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:44 pm
I have far too many calculators. xd

I've got a TI-nspire CX, a TI-84 Plus CE, a Casio 115ES Plus, and a TI-30Xa (back at home).

The 30Xa was what I used in high school for my non-math classes that still required math (the math classrooms had TI-84's we could check out for the class period, but we always had to return them to the wall when we were done so I still needed my own calculator for other classes), and I'm not even sure if it still works but it probably does because that thing is a brick.

I got the NSpire during my last semester of high school in preparation for college, thinking I'd use it like a boss in my classes only to find out most college classes don't even permit that model. emotion_eyebrow It's a shame, because that thing is a beast in terms of what it can do. It's definitely the most powerful calculator I own. Too bad I don't know how to use it very well.

The 84 is my everyday calculator; it's the one I'm most comfortable with because we were taught on these in HS.

And I got the Casio yesterday. I didn't want it, but one of my classes requires you to only use one of two specific models of non-graphing calculators on the exams, and I have an exam on Monday. This was one of those models. I wanted the TI model instead because I'm more familiar with TI's interfaces, but Walmart didn't have it and I refused to pay the bookstore twice as much for something almost identical to this one. xp  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:50 pm
This is probably the nerdiest thread I've ever posted. rofl Dear universe, I managed to write several paragraphs about my calculator collection...  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:31 pm
You know Hiddo, I never once pictures you as the kind of nerd to own several different calculators.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:32 am
wolf_with_a_dragon
You know Hiddo, I never once pictures you as the kind of nerd to own several different calculators.

I didn't choose the calculator life. The calculator life chose me.

Actually, more like college classes have very stupid very specific requirements/restrictions on calculators and force us all to become collectors against our will. mad

But I guess I'm not too butthurt over needing the newest one, because I discovered it can convert to/from binary, hexadecimal, and octal. That'll be a godsend in Microcontrollers, because pretty much everything is hex and binary in that programming.  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:37 pm
I think I've only had two types of calculators myself - the basic, simple calculator and then one of those TI-84 calculators (not sure the specific brand - it would require me digging my backpack out to get to it, lol).  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:31 pm
Hiddochi wolf
wolf_with_a_dragon

I didn't choose the calculator life. The calculator life chose me.

Actually, more like college classes have very stupid very specific requirements/restrictions on calculators and force us all to become collectors against our will. mad

But I guess I'm not too butthurt over needing the newest one, because I discovered it can convert to/from binary, hexadecimal, and octal. That'll be a godsend in Microcontrollers, because pretty much everything is hex and binary in that programming.

Well, that makes sense. I believe that college would want to turn you into the ultimate calculator nerd. It's stupid that they have such specific requirements on what calculator you can and can't have. Still makes you a calculator nerd thougjm  

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items