[PRP] Considering Things (Cecaelia & Drakon) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:45 am
User Image

Standing atop a hill, Cecaelia looked out at the snow covered earth. The air was cold but bearable and she quite liked how the world looked with the thin layer of white on everything. There was something about the way the snow crunched under her hooves. The sound was similar and yet different to when she walked upon the dry fallen leaves of the fall.

Admiring the beauty did not entirely distract her from her thoughts however. For the most part, she had stayed in one place, her herd and families territory. Every now and then they would venture further, but there was so much out there to see. However, the biggest thing on her mind today was the other part of the family, the family she had never met, but knew about from stories from some of the herd. She wondered just how big that other family had become, did they still live in that mountain meadow? The idea of visiting them had been on her mind for a while now, but she wasn't sure how to go about it. Her life and family were here...but she knew that one day she would need to go find this other herd, to visit the other portion of her family. She wanted to see her cousins - they were cousins right? Cecaelia wasn't sure exactly how their relation worked out exactly. Actually, the more she thought about it, the more she wondered if they were truly related by blood. Yes, one of this herds members had children with the other herd member, but did that make them true family or did it just tie the herds together? So many questions and she didn't have a single answer.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:40 am
User Image

Drakon was rather bored after completing his herd duties for the day and, as was often the case, he decided to find his sister and see what she was up to in order to alleviate said boredom. Of all the herd he had always felt closest to his sister - sure his parents and other extended family were also close to his heart but his sister shared a bond with him that he didn't think could really be surpassed. They had been best friends since almost the moment they had broken free of their baskets and he didn't see anything changing that.

Today however it took the stallion a while to find his sibling, he had checked several of her favorite haunts with no results before at long last spotting her figure up on top of a large hill. What in the world was she doing way up there? Snorting slightly he started the climb, it wasn't all that steep thankfully but with short legs like theirs even small hills could be a bit challenging and he found himself blowing slightly when he finally did reach the top.

"what are you doing all the way up here?" He asked, in between puffs of breath as he came up behind her.  

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:48 am
Cecaelia knew it was Drakon before she saw him. Turning she looked at her favorite family member and smiled. "I was just thinking." Her gaze turned back to the land before them for a moment. It sure was peaceful here. Especially now that winter had set in and the number of traveling animals and Soquili had lessened. Of course, that meant less to do in a way, since travel was harder due to the snow and the cold meant staying close to home was the safest thing.

"Have you ever wondered about the rest of our family? About the herd where Kezia's other children live?" Kezia did have one child in the herd here, but from what she understood, there was another out there, in that herd.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:02 am
Drakon followed his sisters gaze as it looked out over the land, she had certainly picked a pretty view to look at as she thought the stallion thought to himself, maybe the climb had been worth it - just look how far you could see all the way up here.

When his sister started talking again Drakon turned away from the view to regard her "Sure..sometimes" He admit. It was hard not to think about such things at leas once in while - especially during family times, i mea, ust think about it - somewhere out there was a whole other branch of the family. What were they like? What did they do? Did they look like them?

"But aren't they pretty far away?" He asked, surly thhey couldn't be close or they would have seen them by now. "I mean all we really know is the general direction and that they live in a mountain meadow..its not much to go on. Why?"  

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:45 am
It was good to hear that her brother had also thought about that herd, though she had a feeling she had thought about them more than he had given his answer. Still, she was relieved to know she wasn't the only one to have given thought to that other family. She nodded. "Yeah, from what little I have heard, they live a pretty good distance away." Exactly how far, well she wasn't sure, Kezia hadn't really divulged that information before and she wasn't sure if he would if asked.

"I don't know...I guess now that we're old enough to venture out on our own if we choose, I have this crazy amount of curiosity about them. We've barely left the herd grounds before and there's so much out there to see, and I'd love to see some of it. But what I really want to do is meet the other half of our family at some point." She turned her gaze back to the land that spread out before them. It could be a foolish thing to do, but Cecaelia was somewhat okay with that. "But...what would I even say to them if I ever did see them? The more I think about it, the more I question whether it's a good idea of not, for us and them." Plus she wasn't sure how their own family herd would take the idea of them going to visit the other herd.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:46 am
Drakon considered his sisters words carefully, it was clear that she had a bit of wanderlust in her blood at the moment - which wasn't entirely surprising he supposed. It was true they had never ventured very far from home and now that they were older a bit of curiosity about what lay beyond the boarders was to be expected. Perhaps even more so when they knew there were family out there somewhat that they had not even met.

"well.." He started, considering his words carefully "I don't see how it could be bad, the other herd knows of us from what I gather, or at least the possibility of us..so it wouldn't be a complete shock to them I wouldn't think - its more the trip itself that could be potentially dangerous, certainly I wouldn't want you to go alone or anything." He finally stated, if his sister was bound and determined to follow through with this idea of hers then he would support her and if she let him..go with her.  

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:00 am
Cecaelia waited to see just what Drakon would say. She was certain that he would see her point. And after a few moments, he pretty much did. "I suppose your right, they probably do know about us. It's just that..." Her gaze turned back and her tentacled tail twitched. How would the family react to that? True their mother had one similar, but as far as she knew, the other herd had never met her mother, she had been brought to this herd while still in a basket. So her grandmother, and possibly great grandparents, had never seen Mero. But honestly, Cecaelia wasn't all that concerned about them accepting her appearance in the physical sense. She was more worried about never having the opportunity to see them.

Drakon's next words really grabbed his attention. She kind of liked the idea of a potentially dangerous journey. Life here, while great in many ways, could feel a bit dull and a little adventure would be nice. "Oh, but I wouldn't be alone." She told him and gave him a light shove. If she was going, Drakon would be going with her. "A grand adventure awaits us out there. Think you are up for the challenge?"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:42 am
"sure" He told her with a slight laugh "It will be just like when we were foals and we would sneak off to explore the herd lands." He told his sister - except they would be traveling much further and they likely wouldn't be sneaking. Still it would probably be just as much fun. "Speaking of sneaking off - you are going to tell the others I hope, so they don't think we just..vanished, or something." He added as an after thought. He doubted his sister would do such a thing but he just wanted to make sure

"when would you want to leave?" He asked "It might be beast to wait until spring, since we will be going into lands we don't know very well it's probably best if we don't have to worry about finding things to eat under the snow." He suggested and thankfully spring wasn't all that far off, in all likely hood the snow would be melted and gone in ust a few short weeks at most.  

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:55 am
"Ah, but that's where you are wrong. It won't be like when we were sneaking around as foals. Back then we stayed in the herd territory, or at least close to it." They had tried not to sneak too far away but there had been a few times when their quest for adventures had led them beyond the borders. Hearing his next statement she let out a snort. "Of course I'm going to tell them!" Well, actually she hadn't really even thought about that part previously. But Drakon did make a good point. She had to tell someone they were leaving so no one worried too much, or came looking for them and thus ruined their journey.

She considered his next question for a few moments. It would be nice to get underway as soon as possible, but she knew that would be dangerous. The snow would impede their travel and could even lead to them getting into trouble. The best thing would be to wait, make a plan and then leave. "Well, I was thinking about leaving right now. Throw caution into the wind and start out with nothing more than a general direction to work with." She said in all seriousness. "It could prove to be fun. I mean, who knows what we would stumble upon doing it that way." After a moment a smile appeared on her lips. "I suppose we have no choice but to wait until the weather is better at least. It will give us time to prepare for the journey. We can talk to Kezia, since he knows the way to the herd, and see what route is best to take and what we might need to bring with us. He can hopefully tell us more about the herd as well."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:47 am
For a few moments Drakon was worried his sister actually meant to just head off right now, I mean sure he could see the appeal of an unknown adventure but he also wanted to come out of said adventure in good health so he was mentally preparing an argument against such reckless ideas when, thankfully, his sister came to her senses..or perhaps she had merely been trying to tease him a little bit. It was hard to say.

In any case Drakon blew out a sigh of relief and nodded in agreement. "Yes, while I know it might be fun to just rush off and waiting can be hard it will probably be for the best if we prepare at least a little bit." The stallion replied, his gaze moving off in the general direction they would be traveling..from here everything looked quite peaceful but he knew that there would be at least a few challenges hidden in those distant trees. "We won't have to wait long." He told his sister "The weather is already starting to change."  

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:54 am
"We've waiting this long, I suppose a few more weeks of waiting won't make any difference." Plus whatever travel time it would take to get there. She had no idea exactly how far away the herd was, or what sort of terrain they would need to tackle to reach it. Overall, the whole thing ws one big mystery. Even if they got some good information out of Kezia, it would still involve them walking into the unknown. After all, it was a few years ago that Kezia had last been to the herd and things could have changed there or to the trails they would be taking.

"Let's just hope that they change in weather holds." Oh it could be getting nice now, but a few days from now there could be another snow storm. Spring could be a volatile time of year, when the weather couldn't make up it's mind between the snow storms of winter or the rain showers of early summer.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:11 am
"True...but at least this late in the year we know that any squalls we might run into likely won't last very long." Sure it could snow on them - could even blizzard but spring had to come at some point and few late season snowfalls would be annoying but they could just hole up somewhere until it passed. Of course rain could be another bit of a worry..and flooding..and mudslides...but that was mother nature for you, you never really knew what you were going to get thrown at you until it happened. All they could do was hope for good weather and some luck.

"I'm sure it will be fine though." He assured himself as much as his sister "In any case I hope you have a good argument lined up in case they give us a hard time about leaving."  

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:56 am
Cecaelia nodded. "True enough, but I'd honestly rather not deal with any snow. It's going to be a fairly long enough journey as is, so being delayed by snow for even a short time isn't a good idea." As anxious as she was to go, it was certainly worth waiting a little bit to avoid the chance. Plus, they had to talk to Kezia and find out exactly where the herd lived and what route to take, then plan out how they would accomplish the journey. In the end, waiting would be a necessary evil, but certainly worth it in the end.

She tossed her brother a look. "We're adults, I highly doubt they will give us a hard time about going on this trip, especially if we are taking our time to plan it out properly." But then again, one could never know how the herd would react to them asking to leave, even if it was a temporary trip. "But don't worry, I have a few ideas in mind if their initial answer is no." Well, really she hadn't thought that far ahead, she since didn't expect them to say no, but she would start thinking about that now.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:23 am
Drakon nodded slightly, she was right of course - they were adults and honestly if they really wanted to go its not like anyone could actually stop them...sure going against others wishes might make the homecoming a bit more awkward later on but they were family and he was sure they would be forgiven in the long run should that be the case.

"Well in that case I suppose we ought to start gathering things and planning while we wait." He stated, there was no point in wasting time while they waited and there were quite a few things they should probably bring with them to make the trip a little bit easier and safer, some dried food in case they couldn't find any and perhaps some basic herbals in case one of them happened to fall ill or get injured along the way..and they would need packs to put those supplies in and the route to figure out. "If we must wait for the weather to clear there is no point in wasting that time."  

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:32 am
"Sounds like a plan." She agreed with a nod of her head. "We can start figuring out what we might possibly need, set a few things aside, and then once we have time to speak to Kezia about the journey, we can add or remove things." Having only ever gone on short trips with the herd, Cecaelia wasn't entirely sure all the things they should bring on such a long journey. How readily available would water be? How far could they travel per day? How would weather play into all of this? Delays would be inevitable with the right (or would it be wrong) conditions.

"Don't forget to pack your blanket. I know you can't go anywhere without it." She teased him. Oh this trip would be so much fun, she couldn't wait til they got going.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff