Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Bon Mot [Ever x Harvard] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:03 pm
"What kind of problems?" He continued in French - it seemed easier for Ever. "Anything I can help you with?" Harvard wondered if the other hunter was sick, although he couldn't help but inject a bit of innuendo in his question, regardless. He reached out to feel Ever's forehead.

Harvard smiled. "You make me look tan, Snow White. And I asked if you were up for absolutely anything, or were there restraints?"

and be blue

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:37 pm
Ever waved off the concern, vaguely, rubbing at one eye. At least he didn't flinch from the touch, didn't seem concerned -- but he also, obviously, didn't read in any of the innuendo. Not right now, not in this room, not when they were at work. Maybe it would be a different story, in the dorms or on a break, over a meal or peering down off the cliffs at the water below --

"I don't think torture sits well with me. Not even them." Not even with Amory's insistent, demanding hiss in the back of his mind. "And most of the ones I've met have been...hostile."

the semblance of unity

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:16 pm
He frowned slightly, but withdrew his hand. They had just met and he had no right to press further. Also, Ever was either exceptionally dense, feeling unwell, or not interested - so he tried to table the innuendo. Tried. It'd probably still neak back in; it was hard to teach an old dog new tricks. Maybe later though - he was cute, in a waifish way.

"Well, I suppose their might be other ways to convince them." He paused, thinking. "I have seen worse than a little torture, probably; I could participate. Once the basics were learned, it would be wonderful if someone could learn the rest by full immersion, though highly unlikely." He traced the runes on paper.

"Do we know how any of it sounds?"

and be blue

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:58 pm
The last question prickled at him, but instead of answering, Ever slid into a thoughtful sort of silence -- his eyebrows pulled together and his eyes still mostly closed, trying to gather thoughts that felt loose, fragile. A memory that he associated with America, and he just had to poke at it like a loose tooth for a moment --

"I wonder how they're interact with our golems." It came out slow, finally coming back into focus and looking up at Harvard. "Have you seen those? Maybe if we wrote up a proposal, we could get one of them in somehow, somewhere, I know we can send them into monsterland..."

the semblance of unity

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:45 pm
Harvard waited patiently for Ever to respond. He seemed deliberate with his words, more so that most. He rubbed his chin at Ever's comments. Their golems were generally student things, weren't they...

"I read about them," he said off-handedly. Harvard has never seen one or investigated very much; with so much information to process, further looking into that had been shuffled aside. "Do horseman often interact with FEAR creatures? Or, perhaps there's some sort of class offered at that school - the one for the FEAR things - that covers horseman." He rubbed his chin. This could be a big undertaking, but learning a language was, of course, worth it. He looked over at Ever.

and be blue

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:53 pm
Ever's expression had, in turn, lit up in something like excitement at the idea of a project, something that he could engage in long term...and then died down to a low, unhappy simmer, instead. He shrugged at Harvard, slowly and uncomfortably, as he met his eyes.

"I have some lingering cognitive issues, from my last mission. It's a really great idea, I'm just not sure I'd be cleared for that kind of active duty." He licked his lips, assessing. "Not until I regain some of the lost memories, anyway. But I'm working on it."

Another moment's hesitation. "So maybe it'd be worth starting to gather information and put together a proposal, at least?"

the semblance of unity

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:24 pm
"Well, Ever, it's going to take some time to implement, anyway, like you said." He nodded. It would take time and maybe Ever's cognitive dissonance would clear. "You can never start too early." Harvard watched Ever intently.

"Do you think there's any way I can help you with you cognition? You seem to speak more easily in French than English."

and be blue

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 7:40 pm
"Its..." He hesitated just a moment, squinting at Harvard -- and then he waved it off, clearly forcing himself to relax back into his usual, comfortable self. It was careless, somewhat dismissive. Ever shuffled papers on the desk as if he was doing something.

"It'll clear. Or it won't. I'm tired of talking about it." But he smiled, crookedly, as he said it. No hard feelings, just a blunt truth.

the semblance of unity

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 4:53 pm
Harvard's look was long, considering. "Alright," he said finally. "My offer still stands on that, though. You can take it up anytime you wish." He rubbed his jaw, glancing back down at Ever's language notes.

"You got a copy of that I can have?"

and be blue

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 1:39 pm
"Uhm. You want an actual copy, or an email or something?" Maybe there was something just a little deer in headlights behind the look Ever gave him: a silent pleading of actual copy, even if that meant that he'd have to write it all over again by hand. The idea of figuring out how to use the scanner was just a touch overwhelming.

the semblance of unity

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:09 pm
"Well, you can do whatever - if you want to scan it, then that's fine. I'll print it out if you emailed it to me. I like having a physical copy to write on." Ever's look of worry puzzled Harvard.

"If you're worried about... proprietorial rights, I guess you don't have to though." His voice clearly said what he thought of that. Maybe it was the reason behind Ever's hesitance, however. A lot of scholars didn't like letting their work leave in the hands of another.

and be blue

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces